The Challenge is to take a minimum of one of the fanfic singles or one of the fanfic pairings listed below and combine them with our favorite duo X&G in a story.
X&G must appear as themselves in the current time period and earthbound. You may make them immortal, make them reincarnations, time travelers or god help me…use the clone versions. How you get them into modern times is your choice. However, they must be the actual X&G we know and love with all their past memories intact, along with their canon physical descriptions and personalities. You know the drill: Tall dark and deadly with icy blue eyes and petite blonde and bardie with verdant green eyes.
The alternate singles:
Alias: Sydney Bristow
Battlestar Galactica: D'anna Biers
Battlestar Galactica: Kara "Starbuck" Thrace
Charlie’s Angels (Movie): Dylan Sanders
Cold Case: Lily Rush
JAG: Sarah MacKenzie
Law and Order: Abbie Carmichael
Law and Order: Serena Southerlyn
Silence of the Lambs: Clarice Starling
The Bionic Woman: Jaime Sommers
Wonder Woman: Diana Prince
X-Files: Dana Scully
The alternate pairings:
All My Children: Bianca Montgomery/Maggie Stone
Babylon 5: Susan Ivanova/Talia Winters
Bad Girls: Nikki Wade/Helen Stewart
Birds of Prey: Barbara Gordon/Helena Kyle
Buffy: Tara Maclay/Willow Rosenberg
CSI: Sara Sidle/Catherine Willows Or Sara Sidle/Sofia Curtis
Charlie's Angels: Sabrina Duncan/Kelly Garrett
ER: Kerry Weaver/Kim Legaspi Or Kerry Weaver/Abby Lockhart
Facts of Life: Jo Polniaczek/Blair Warner**
Gilmore Girls: Rory Gilmore and Paris Geller
Hospital Central: Esther Garcia/Macarena 'Maca' Fernández-Wilson
House, MD: Lisa Cuddy/Allison Cameron
Law & Order SVU: Olivia Benson/Alex Cabot Or Olivia Benson/Casey Novak
L Word: Bette Porter and Tina Kennard
Stargate SG1: Samantha Carter/Janet Frasier
Star Trek Voyager: Kathryn Janeway/Seven of Nine Or B'Elanna Torres/Seven of Nine
**if you choose to use this pairing, they must be of legal age.
- ROOOL #1a: ALL entries must contain X&G and take place in modern time and set on planet Earth. It must also contain at least one of the other pairings of characters. If you use one of the listed single characters, you may NOT pair them up with someone from the duo pairings. You may however ‘invent’ a new character or characters to pair up with them. Feel free to use any other characters from the show in a support role in your story, however, they will not count toward your pairing usage.
ROOOL #1b: You may insert as many of fanfic pairings into your story as you wish. The more the merrier. The highest overall count wins CATEGORY 2. All stories entered are eligible to compete in CATEGORY 2. If there is a tie, a random drawing will determine a single category 2 winner.
ROOOL #1c: Your chosen characters MUST interact in some way with X&G during your story. You determine the degree of interaction.
- ROOOL #2: Participants are limited to only one entry.
- ROOOL #3a: All entries in the competing category (CATEGORY 1) will be posted anonymously. These stories are also eligible for the CATEGORY 2 prize.
- ROOOL #3b: If you choose to participate but not compete in the voting category (CATEGORY 1), your entry will be posted with your identification on it. Since it is not anonymous, you are allowed to include any characters that belong to you (from previous posted stories). Your entry will only be eligible for the Category 2 prizes. Please indicate, clearly on your entry whether or not you are competing.
- ROOOL #4: Competing stories must not exceed a maximum of 25 pages. They must have normal margins and use no smaller than an 11 font. (Steph “da boss” says so.)
DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES IS July 1st…Send it to: email@example.com
- ROOOL #5a: If you are competing in Category 1, please do not reveal your participation to anyone who has the potential for being a voter…the only exception being…
ROOOL #5b: You may use a beta reader, but please keep the number of beta readers to a reasonable limit…anything more than three will be considered a violation of…
ROOOL #5c: Posting any of your entries on any other sites or lists (private or public) before the end of the contest is a BIG NO NO.
We ask that entrants who are only participating in CATEGORY 2 also voluntarily obey this roool for the duration of the contest. Once the contest is over and the winners are announced, feel free to post EVERYWHERE,
- ROOOL #6: There is no number six.
- ROOOL #7: Please do not stuff the ballot box or lobby for votes...we at the Academy have gotten very good at identifying this behavior. We won't publicly embarrass you but we will quietly eliminate you from the contest.
The Academy folks are everywhere and know everything…we will find out.
- ROOOL #8:
The "Roools Committee": aka the Munchkins and I, reserve the final say on everything and anything concerning this challenge.
It's our sandbox <.Nyah.>
I will acknowledge receipt of it within 24 hours, if I do not…please send it again to or contact me at PHIL728@aol.com
(top in each category, plus an honorable mention in category 1) will get some nifty prizes from the Academy Vault, as well as a gift certificate from their choice of one of several popular online retailers. Top in each category will also receive a special Munchkin designed Tile Box commemorating their win.