A Different Time, A Better Time

By: Adrienne

Disclaimer: Xena and all other characters from Xena: Warrior Princess are not mine, they don't belong to me. They belong to USA Universal Studios and all those other great people. All of the rest of the characters in this story are mine. There are also a few songs in the story, don't worry this isn't a musical. Just special times, like dancing, when a song is being played, so the songs aren't mine either.

Sex Warning: Yes there is some sex between a male and female as well as implications towards sex in this story. It wouldn't be a story with out a little lovemaking. If you're not old enough to read it then don't and if it's too much for you, then my apologies, I have a very vivid imagination. <lol>

Subtext Warning: There's a little cursing but nothing to run home and tell mother about. And there is also reference to two women being together. There is no more violence than your regular Xena episode.

Chapter 14: The Wedding

Preparations for the wedding continued as did Xena's and Ulysses' time with the priestess and they realized it helped them more than they ever thought it could, they were becoming closer, even though they felt the connection that they were one, they were now really, absolutely beginning to feel it. The wedding was getting closer and closer and the closer that day came the more things became more hectic, Xena was happy and grateful when her family arrived. On that day she was ready, when their ship made dock a carriage and guards were already there waiting for them. Xena couldn't meet them there because she and Ulysses had their appointment with the priestess but she would meet them as soon as they stepped foot out of the carriage.

"Hey Virgil," Lyceus said when he walked off of the ship and spotted Virgil standing next to the carriage and Virgil grinned as he walked over to Lyceus and they shook hands and shared a hug. "Its good to see you," Virgil said, "Likewise, where's Xena?" Lyceus asked as he looked behind Virgil. "Cyrene, you're looking as beautiful as ever," Virgil said as he placed a kiss on her cheek and she smiled at him. "Virgil it's good to see you and you look so different," she said as she stepped back and looked at Virgil in his royal clothes and he grinned as he looked at her. "It's the life I live," he said and as they talked men loaded their baggage onto the carriage.

"Well are you guys ready to go?" Virgil asked and by then he had greeted Toris and Corrinna. "Yea," Cyrene said as she nodded, "Xena will meet us at the palace, she and Ulysses had something to do," he said and they nodded they walked towards the carriage. Lyceus and Toris helped their mother and Corrinna into the carriage then got in behind them, followed by Virgil. On their ride to the place they looked out of the small windows at the beautiful land, "it is so beautiful here," Cyrene said as she continued to look with wonder and amazement in her eyes.

When they finally reached the palace Virgil got out first followed by the guys who looked at the palace in amazement before they helped Cyrene and Corrinna out of the carriage and they looked at the palace in the same way. "MOM!" Xena yelled as she ran down the stairs and hugged her mother, Ulysses followed her down the stairs just not as quickly and Ulysses parents and his sister followed him down as well. Xena hugged her mother, "I've missed you so much," she said and when they pulled back Cyrene looked over her daughter.

"I've missed you too, and you're looking good," she said then looked at the clothes Xena was wearing, one of the dresses that had been made for her. "Nice dress," she said and Xena grinned as she looked down at it then at her mother, "yea, well you know, I had to fit in some how," she said. "You're not going to give your brother a hug?" Lyceus asked and Xena grinned as she jumped into his arms and he smiled as he held on tight to her and spun her around and they both laughed. "Oh I've missed you so much," Xena said as she was placed on her feet and her hands on his face. "I've missed you too big sister," he said then placed a kiss on her forehead.

Xena then hugged Toris, "have they been taking good care of you?" He asked and Xena grinned, "they've been taking great care of me," Xena said and Toris nodded. "You look nice," he said and grinned as she pushed him then lastly she hugged Corrinna and while all of that was going on, Ulysses was hugging Cyrene and everyone else came down to talk to them. "Everyone, you've already met my parents," Ulysses said then waved Camilla forward. "This is my sister Camilla, Camilla this is Xena's mother Cyrene, her younger brother Lyceus, her older brother Toris and a great friend of the family and local healer of Amphipolis, Corrinna."

Ulysses introduced them and they all nodded their heads but Lyceus seemed to have a connection with Camilla and she had that same connection. "It's nice to meet you," she said and Lyceus smiled as she picked up her hand. "It's nice to meet you as well," he said as he placed a kiss on the back of her hand. Xena grinned to herself as she placed her hand on Ulysses' arm. "Why don't we go inside and we show you guys to your chambers and then we can have a late lunch," Xena said and they nodded. They headed inside the palace and once they were inside they looked around in amazement and Xena grinned as she looked at her mother.

"I know, I had the same reaction," Xena said. Julian, Marguerite and Camilla went on to the Dinning Hall while Xena, Ulysses and Virgil showed Xena's family where they would be staying which was a couple of rooms down from Xena's and Ulysses' quarters. Toris and Lyceus shared rooms in a way, it was two separate rooms but they were only separate by the double doors in the middle of the sitting chambers that connected the two rooms. "Before we got older, this used to be mine and Camilla's room," Ulysses said as he showed them where everything was.

"All I can say is, Wow," Toris said and Ulysses smiled while Xena showed her mother and Corrinna to their room. "We have a room together?" Corrinna asked and Xena nodded, "yea, I told them about you guys, they don't have a problem with it but that doesn't mean you can be free with it," Xena said and Cyrene nodded. "Thank you dear for at least asking them about how they felt about it," Cyrene said and Xena nodded. "Now, tell me what has been going on, especially about the wedding," Cyrene said as she placed her hand on Xena's arm and Xena grinned as she began telling them everything that had been happening and when Toris and Lyceus came out of their room they all headed to the Dinning hall where they continued to talk about what had been happening.

At the lunch, the atmosphere was very happy and exciting, Xena was talking with her mother, Corrinna and Marguerite about wedding stuff while Ulysses, Toris and Virgil talked and Lyceus and Camilla talked. "So mom, we have to get you and Corrinna fit for your dresses and Toris and Lyceus have to be fit as well," Xena said and Cyrene nodded. "Tell us more about the wedding," Corrinna said and Xena smiled. "I'd rather show you," she said and when they were all finished lunch they left the table without really informing the other guys. Xena took them to the garden, "since we agreed on a spring wedding and I thought it would be nice to have it in the garden."

Xena said and then she went about showing her mother and Corrinna the plans that she had made and how she envisioned how her wedding day would be. Xena enjoyed spending time with her mother and Corrinna, telling them all what had happened since she arrived on Ithaca, especially the wedding plans and she was definitely glad that her mother was there to help. "Mom, I hope you don't mind by I left the cooking up to you, you're going to love the cook here, she's nice and I think you and she will get along well and help for the wedding dinner." Xena said and Cyrene smiled, "of course, I will be delighted," she said, "now what of your wedding dress?"

Cyrene asked and Xena smiled, "that is being taken care of by Aphrodite and oh did I tell you that Athena herself is performing our ceremony," Xena said with a smile and Cyrene smiled back. She was so happy to see that her daughter was happy, it did her heart good. "Have you decided which one of your brothers is going to give you away?" Cyrene asked, "yes, they have been arguing about that since we got on the ship," Corrinna said and Xena let out a breath. "I don't know, Lyceus and I are closer than me and Toris but Toris is the eldest," Xena said then let out a breath, "I'll just talk to them about it," she said and her mother nodded.

The rest of the day, continued with Xena and Marguerite showing Cyrene and Corrinna around and they talked about the wedding and Cyrene and Corrinna caught Xena up on some of the things that had been happening in Amphipolis. While Ulysses and the other guys went off on their own and did manly things, as they talked and clowned amongst themselves. When dinner came, they met more new people, some they liked some they didn't and some respectfully liked them and other down right didn't care, they were surprised and appalled that these commoners were sitting at the table with them, in the royal dinning hall. But most of them were corrected and stayed in their place by either Ulysses, Julian and even Xena, she wasn't about to have her family treated as trash.

When night had fallen, Xena bid her mother and Cyrene a good night as well as her brothers. "Some of these people are worse than the ones back in Amphipolis," Lyceus said to Xena as he walked into his room and Xena grinned. "Yea but I deal with them just like I dealt with those in Amphipolis and occasionally I have to put them in their place," Xena said and Lyceus grinned as he turned and looked at his sister. "And what place is that?" He asked and Xena grinned as she fiddled with the edge of a table cloth, "the place of the next princess and the future Queen of Ithaca," she said and Lyceus grinned and nodded.

"So what's up with you and Camilla?" Xena asked and Lyceus blushed as he looked away, "nothing we were just talking," he said and Xena grinned. "Uh huh, well Ulysses is very protective of his sister as you and Toris are of me, so if anything starts up between you and her, treat her right and keep it under wraps," Xena said and Lyceus nodded. "You know me Xena, I always treat women with respect," he said and Xena nodded. "I know but this is an entirely different world here, so just be careful," she said and he nodded. "I will," he said and Xena nodded. "I ought to be going," she said as she turned and headed for the door.

"Hey, I just have one question for you," Lyceus said and Xena turned and looked at him as she reached the door. "And that would be?" She asked, "I am giving you away right?" He asked and Xena grinned at her brother, "I have decided that you and Toris will both give me away, that way no one's feelings are hurt," Xena said and Lyceus hunched his shoulders. "If you want to pick Toris you can, my feelings won't be hurt," he said and Xena smiled a small grin at him as she placed her hand on the handle. "I know you better than that Lyceus, you would be hurt and I would be hurt because I would want you to give me away," Xena said then let out a breath.

"I just want both of my brothers to give me away, if that's okay with you," Xena said with a grin and Lyceus grinned and nodded. "yea, that's good," he said and she nodded. "Goodnight little brother," she said as she walked out of his room, closing the door behind her. She walked down a ways then went into her chambers where Ulysses was already in his pajamas and sitting in front of the fireplace, reading a scroll. "How long have you been in here?" Xena asked as she went about the room getting ready for bed, "about fifteen minutes," he said and Xena nodded. "Your brothers got settled in alright?" He asked and Xena nodded as she slipped her gown over her head.

"Yea, Lyceus and I were just talking about who was going to give me away on my wedding day and I told him that he and Toris were going to." She said then walked over to Ulysses, "both of them?" He asked as he moved his arms so that Xena could sit between his legs and lean against his chest. "Yea, Lyceus and I are really close and Toris and I are close but not as close as Lyceus and I but Toris is the eldest, so its his right to give me away but I would also like for Lyceus to do it as well and he wants to do it too, so to spare everyone's feelings, I just said that they would both give me away."

She said and Ulysses grinned as he nodded, "our wedding will definitely be one of a kind," he said. "Mmmm," Xena moaned as she leaned back into Ulysses' arm, grinning as she caressed his arm. "But it will be special," she said and Ulysses nodded, "I don't doubt that," he said and they sat there for a while talking before they went to bed. Now that the wedding was only two weeks away things were really busy now and sometimes Xena minded but not really since she and Ulysses could no longer make love so she needed something to help get rid of all the excess energy, Ulysses was the same way. All day everyday he was working, either he was doing kingdom work or making sure plans with the garden were going as planned, sometimes doing things himself because he wanted everything to be perfect because that's the way Xena wanted things to be for their wedding, perfect.

They still went for their counseling sessions with Lassa which helped them talk about a lot, especially fears if there were any at all. As the days began to wind down things became more hectic and busier, some of the guests had started arriving, which gave Xena a chance to wear a different dress every night for dinner and her mother, brothers and Corrinna had even been fitted for some clothes. Most of their guests would be arriving in the following week including some of Ulysses' closest friends he had invited. "So tell me about your friends that you invited," Xena said as they took a walk along the beach.

"Well, they're from my rebellion period," Ulysses said and Xena grinned as she held Ulysses' hand. "You only stopped rebelling when you met me," Xena said and Ulysses laughed, "true, true" he said then kissed the back of Xena's hand as they continued to walk along the beach. "Well lets just say I was a somewhat wilder early on," he said and Xena grinned and nodded "I can imagine," she said and Ulysses grinned at her. "Well Dorian is a great singer, even better than me," he said, "I don't believe that," Xena said and Ulysses grinned as he looked at her. "Believe it, he taught me some of what I know. Anyway, he travels around the world, still sings but we still keep in touch, it use to be that I would go and see him sometimes but then my father started weighing me down with things so that became impossible.

We do keep in touch from time to time though," Ulysses said and Xena nodded. "So who else did you invite?" Xena asked and Ulysses grinned. "Everyone that hangs with Dorian, we all became sort of a big family, a big music family," Ulysses said and Xena nodded. "So are they the music for our wedding?" Xena asked and Ulysses smiled and nodded, "they're great, just ask Virgil and I figure this would be a great time to see them and they could even make some money." Ulysses said and Xena nodded, "that's fine with me, so what is our wedding song?" Xena asked and Ulysses grinned as he looked at her, "it's a surprise but you'll love it I have no doubt," he said and Xena nodded and they continued walking along the beach, watching the sun as it began to set.

The days passed by so quickly that the next week was upon them before anyone really knew it and preparations were still being made for the wedding. However, when Dorian and the rest of his friends arrived, Ulysses took some time off from his very busy schedule to meet them at the docks. "Ulysses, its been a long time," Dorian said as he walked up to Ulysses and they shared a hug, "too long," Ulysses said with a smile on his face as he pulled back. "Virgil, my man," Dorian said to Virgil who smiled as they shared a hug as well. "Where is everyone else?" Ulysses asked, "back on the ship getting their things," Dorian said then let out a breath as he looked at Ulysses.

"It's been a long time since we've seen each other, what has it been two years?" Dorian asked and Ulysses nodded, "about that," he said and Dorian nodded. "And now here we are and you're getting married," Dorian said with a smile as he pushed Ulysses who smiled at him. "Yea, I'm getting married," he said, "I don't believe it, someone has finally tamed the untamed beast," a woman said as she walked off of the ship and Ulysses grinned, "Vanessa," he said and she smiled at him as they hugged as well. "You're looking good," he said as he looked over the woman who was medium in height, shoulder length brown hair, hazel eyes and a nice shape with a curve to it.

"You're looking good as well," she said as she looked over Ulysses, "the world has been kind to you," she said as she touched his cheek and he smiled at her. "Nah, I just have a great woman taking of me," he said, "yea that does do wonders," Dorian said as he wrapped his arm around Vanessa's waist. "Besides why is it so hard to believe when you tamed an untamed beast," Ulysses said and Vanessa smiled at him. "Hey I'm not tamed," Dorian said and Ulysses grinned, "and neither am I," he said then winked at them both and they smiled at him. "You haven't changed a bit Ulysses," Dorian said and Ulysses smiled at him.

"Etta it's wonderful to see you," Ulysses said to a slightly elderly woman who he helped down off of the plank and she smiled as she slapped his hand away and Ulysses smiled at her. "Still as stubborn as ever," he said, "of course, did you expect that the years had tamed me?" She asked with a grin and Ulysses smiled as he shook his head. "No, not all," he said then placed a kiss on the back of her hand. "So how have you been?" He asked her, "well, work is good, life is good, so I've been well. I've opened a Tavern back home where people come and show their talent and sometimes I help them get places," she said and Ulysses nodded.

"Sounds good," he said, "it is, you should come and visit sometimes," she said and Ulysses nodded, "perhaps sometime after the honeymoon," he said and Etta smiled at him. "I can't believe you're getting married," she said and Ulysses smiled and nodded, "come and tell me about her," she said as she placed her hand on his arm and they began walking towards where the others were. When the rest of their friends were off the ship they took carriages back to the palace where Ulysses showed them all to their rooms. "So when do we meet this great woman?" Dorian asked and Ulysses grinned, "now if you would like," he said and they all nodded and he smiled, "follow me then," he said and that's what they did.

Ulysses lead them to the dinning hall where he knew Xena would mostly likely be since that's where she, her mother and his mother spent most of their time planning. When he got there however, she wasn't there, "where's Xena?" He asked his mother as he placed a kissed on her cheek, "not here," she said then looked behind Ulysses. "Dorian," Marguerite said and Dorian bowed his head in respect, "my lady, you are looking well," he said and Marguerite nodded. "Thank you," she said, "mother," Ulysses said under his breath and she looked at him. "Be nice," she whispered to her and she looked at him. "I am," she said and Ulysses let out a breath.

"I can see Xena isn't here, where is she?" Ulysses asked, "I think she went to release some steam," Lyceus said. "Who made her mad?" Ulysses asked, "some of the planners were messing things up, bugging her non stop and not listening to her, that was until she told them off," Cyrene said and Ulysses nodded, "well that sounds like Xena," he said. "Do you know where she is? We still have some things we need to do before the day is over," Marguerite said and Ulysses grinned at his mother. "She's more than likely on the training grounds," Ulysses said and Marguerite nodded. "I'll see you guys later," Ulysses said as he turned and left the hall with Dorian and the others following them.

"I think your mother still doesn't like me," Dorian said and Ulysses grinned, "she thinks you guys are the reason why I started doing the things I did but she soon found out that, that wasn't the reason." He said, "oh yeah, and how did she find that out?" Dorian asked, "he left or more precisely we left," Virgil said and Dorian looked at him then back at Ulysses. "How long were you gone?" He asked, "long enough, bout a half a year," Ulysses said and Dorian nodded. "Well are things any better?" Dorian asked and Ulysses nodded, "they're a lot better, that time away was something I really needed and it turns out I needed it even more so when I met Xena," Ulysses said and Dorian nodded.

"Camilla," Ulysses called as he saw his sister leave a room and she turned and looked at her brother as they walked towards her. "Camilla, this is little Camilla?" Dorian asked as he looked over Camilla who was a grown woman compared to the last time he had seen her. "Dorian?" Camilla asked and he nodded, "I haven't seen you in a long time," she said and he nodded. "Everyone this is my sister, Camilla," Ulysses introduced her and she grinned and waved at them. "Where are you headed?" Ulysses asked his sister, "why?" She asked and he looked at her, "cause I want to know," he said and Camilla raised an eyebrow at him.

"Well keep wanting then," she said then grinned at everyone else, "it was nice meeting you all," she said to them then walked away and Ulysses shook his head at his sister. They finally left the palace and headed over to the training grounds where they stood and on the hill and looked down at the soldiers training and Xena was over in the practice ring fighting a couple of guys. "There she is," Ulysses said as he pointed towards her and they all looked over at Xena. "You found you a woman who could fight," Dorian said and Ulysses grinned as he nodded, "she can do more than that, believe me," he said and they stood there and watched her fight.

"She sure is unique," Etta said and Ulysses laughed, "yea, she is unique," he said and when Xena was finished fighting he called down to her. "Xena," he shouted and she looked up at him and grinned when she saw it was him. She helped one of the guys up from the ground, handed the staff she was using to one of the guards then headed up the hill, Ulysses meeting her half way. "Hey," she said with a smile and Ulysses smiled back, "hey," he said as they leaned in for a soft and brief passionate kiss. "I have some people I want you to meet," Ulysses said as he took Xena's hand and led her up the rest of the hill. "Xena this is Dorian and his wife Vanessa," Ulysses introduced them, "it's nice to meet you," she said.

"It is an honor to meet you," Dorian said as he shook Xena's hand and she looked at him. "Why does everyone say that?" Xena asked and Dorian grinned, "you must understand that we thought no one would ever be able to tame Ulysses," Dorian said and Xena grinned as she looked at them. "Is that what you think I've done? Tamed him?" Xena asked and they nodded and she just chuckled at them then looked at Ulysses, "far from it," she said as she caressed his cheek and he smiled at her. "That's good to hear," Etta said as she walked up to them and Ulysses grinned, "Xena this is Etta, she's like a mother to me," he said and Xena grinned at her.

"It's nice to meet you," Xena said and Etta nodded, "and you as well," and from there they began to head back to the palace. As they walked back to the palace Xena and Etta talked, Xena told Etta of how she and Ulysses met and Etta told Xena of how Ulysses use to be and Ulysses just continued to hold Xena's hand as they walked. When they got back to the palace they headed straight to the dinning hall where everyone was introduced to the family and before dinner time rolled around everyone went and got cleaned up and Xena saw to some things she had to do today before the day ended.

"I like your friends," Xena said as she sat on the stool in front of the mirror and braided her hair and Ulysses grinned as he relaxed on the bed. "I'm glad to hear that, they love you," he said as he watched her, he loved watching her every move and the fact that she was so beautiful. "So, can all of them sing?" Xena asked as she stood and turned off some lanterns before she got into the bed. "No, Dorian, Vanessa and Etta can sing real well, the others play the instruments and are back up. Some of those guys I don't even know," he said and Xena grinned as she laid down between Ulysses' legs, laying her head on his chest. "Four more days, are you getting nervous?"

Xena asked Ulysses as she looked up at him and he shook his head as he looked into her eyes, "no, are you?" He asked, "nope," Xena said with a grin then leaned down and kissed Ulysses passionately and he moaned as he placed his hand against her cheek. "Mmmm," he moaned when the kiss ended and Xena grinned at him, "don't get me wrong, I'm excited about the wedding but I can't wait for the wedding night," he said and Xena chuckled at him. "The things they come up with for weddings, what's the point of us not being able to make love?" He asked and Xena hunched her shoulders as she rolled off of him, "something to do with a purification ritual," Xena said and Ulysses let out a breath as he turned on his side and looked at Xena.

"When I'm King I think I'm going to eliminate some of that stuff," he said and Xena smiled at him as she reached out and played with his fingers. "I get the feeling that your parents don't really care for Dorian," Xena said and Ulysses nodded. "Yea, they think he's a bad element, that he's the reason behind my disobedience," Ulysses said and Xena thought about that. "But he's not," Xena said and Ulysses shook his head as he turned his head and looked into Xena's eyes. "No, if anything he kept me out of trouble, he's like an older brother," Ulysses said and Xena nodded as she looked into Ulysses' eyes as she reached her hand out to caress his cheek.

"Does anyone really know the struggles you've been through?" She asked him and Ulysses just looked into her eyes before he turned his head and kissed the palm of her hand. "No one but you my love," he whispered to her then moved closer to her laying his head on her chest and Xena held him tight as she ran her fingers through his hair. They fell asleep that way and when morning came Xena and Ulysses went for a run together which eventually turned into a fun race with Gemini keeping up with her mother. When they were finished their morning exercises they went back to their chambers and took and shower then got dressed for the day.

"What's on the agenda for today?" Ulysses asked Xena as they headed to the dinning hall, "what isn't on the Agenda would be a better question," Xena said. "How is the garden?" Xena asked, "they garden is perfect Xena, everything is just how you wanted it, I even see to some things myself. The gardeners see to the garden every day so that on our wedding day everything will be just right," Ulysses said and Xena nodded. "I'm just making sure," she said and Ulysses grinned. When they got to the dinning hall, everyone was mainly there eating breakfast and they sat down and joined them. When breakfast was over they all began to go their separate ways but Dorian and the others hung out with Ulysses and Julian and they went to a room that Xena had yet to go to.

This room was specifically for those who had been invited to entertain; this was a place they could practice. "I invited you guys here because for one I really wanted you to be at my wedding," Ulysses said. "And the other?" Vanessa asked, "well Etta I would be honored if you sung our wedding song," Ulysses said looking at the woman who grinned at him. "It will be my pleasure and I know which song to sing," she said and Ulysses grinned at her. "As for the rest of you, Dorian, I have a song that I wrote that I want to sing to Xena during the wedding and I want you to help me sing it." Ulysses said and Dorian nodded. "Okay, but last time I looked, you didn't need help with singing a song, especially one you had written," Dorian said and Ulysses nodded.

"Well, times have changed, I rarely sing these days," Ulysses said. "That's not what we heard," Vanessa said and Ulysses looked at her. "We heard you were in Amphipolis singing a song you had written and everyone loved it and you," she said and Ulysses let out a breath as he looked at Virgil who grinned at him. "Well that was a one time thing," he said and Dorian grinned and nodded. "If you say so," Dorian said, "where's the music and the song, let's get going on it, we only have three days," Dorian said as he looked at Ulysses who nodded. "Guys go get your things and let's meet back here," Dorian told the others and they left to go and get their things.

"Virgil can you get the song we've been working on?" Ulysses asked Virgil who nodded then left. "So are you nervous?" Dorian asked Ulysses as they walked over to some chairs and sat down. "No, I know she's the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with so I have no cold feet, or any nervousness. If I do have any nervousness, it's because I want everything to be perfect for Xena on our wedding day," Ulysses said and Dorian nodded. "So how have you and Vanessa been?" Ulysses asked and Dorian grinned and nodded, "we're doing good, thinking about settling down in a nice town, open an Inn, have some children," he said and Ulysses grinned and nodded.

"Sounds nice," Ulysses said and Dorian nodded. They sat there and talked for a while until everyone came back with their instruments and things then they set up and began working on the music with Ulysses' help and then he and Dorian began working on the lyrics to the song. "This is a beautiful song, you wrote this?" Vanessa asked Ulysses who nodded as he played a note on his lyre. "Yea I wrote it especially for Xena," he said and they continued to work on the song all day, taking small breaks in between, stopping for lunch and then going back. Ulysses left them to work on the song while he went and got some things done.

Back in Xena and Ulysses' chambers Xena was in the room trying on the dress that Aphrodite had made for her. "This is absolutely gorgeous," Cyrene said as she looked over the pure white dress and Xena nodded while Aphrodite grinned. "Its some of my best work," she said then waved her fingers around as she added some last minute touches. "What do you think Xena?" Aphrodite asked and Xena just shook her head as she looked at herself in the mirror before she turned around and caught Aphrodite off guard by hugging her. "Thank you, thank you so much, this dress is so beautiful," Xena said then pulled back and Aphrodite grinned as he looked at her.

"You're welcome," Aphrodite said then grinned as she looked at Xena, "Your wedding day is going to be a perfect day," Aphrodite said and Xena smiled as she turned and looked at herself in the mirror. "I hope so," Xena said. "The Wedding is mid day right?" Aphrodite asked and Xena nodded as she eased the dress off. "Yea, best time of the day to have an outside wedding," she said and Aphrodite nodded. "Well I'll be seeing you, I have some things to do, manicure, facial, you know, the usual," Aphrodite said then was gone in a pink flash.

About ten minutes after Aphrodite left Ulysses walked into the room and headed into the bedroom where the others were. "And where have you been all day?" Xena asked and Ulysses looked up at her as he sat his key down on the table before walking over to her. "Well as you know, our wedding day is approaching and I had many things to see to," he said with a grin on his face, lying to Xena about what he had been doing all day because he wanted it to be a surprise. By then her hands were in his and she grinned at him, "is that right?" Xena asked with a smile and Ulysses nodded, "our wedding day has to be perfect you know," Ulysses said with a grin and Xena smiled and nodded as he ran his fingers through her hair before he leaned forward and placed a soft sweet kiss on her lips.

"How has your day been?" Ulysses asked when the kiss ended, "wonderful and yours?" Xena asked and Ulysses nodded, "busy but good as well," he said then bid all the women in the room hello. "Have you seen your father today?" Marguerite asked her son and Ulysses nodded as he walked over to his desk and looked in one of the drawers for some papers. "Yea, I saw him a while ago, why?" Ulysses asked, "because there are some last alterations that need to be made for his clothes," Marguerite said and Ulysses nodded as he closed the drawer after he found what he was looking for. "I'll be sure to tell him when I see him," Ulysses said then placed a kiss on Xena's cheek.

"I'll see you later," he said, "I'll walk you to the door," Xena said as she took Ulysses' hand and he nodded. "See you all later," he said and they nodded and waved at him as they looked up from what they were doing. Xena walked Ulysses to the door and when they got there she gave him a very passionate kiss. "Mmmm," Ulysses moaned as he wrapped his arms around Xena and pulled her closer and Xena inhaled through her nose as they tasted each others lips. When the kiss ended they shared a couple of pecks before they both pulled back and looked into each other's eyes.

"I've been dying to do that all day," Xena said and Ulysses grinned at her. "Well I'm not complaining," he said and Xena smiled. "I can't wait until our wedding day and more importantly our wedding night," Xena said and Ulysses smiled at that. "Is someone a little frustrated?" Ulysses asked and Xena grinned as she ran her fingers through his hair by the nape of his neck. "And your not?" She asked then bumped into him where she felt the bulge in his pants that emerged when they shared such a passionate kiss and Ulysses grinned as he cleared his throat.

"Point taken," he said then leaned in and kissed Xena softly and Xena just melted into his strong arms and when the kiss ended Ulysses pulled back and looked at Xena whose eyes were still closed and Ulysses grinned. "I love you so much and I want you so much," Ulysses whispered to her and Xena opened her eyes and looked into his where she saw his depth of love for her. She ran her fingers through his hair then pulled him to her and they shared a very passionate kiss, "Mmmm," they both moaned as they passionately tasted each others lips, Xena even going as far as to push her tongue into his mouth and Ulysses just held onto her tighter.

"Enough of that you two," Cyrene said as she walked into the room, Marguerite following her and Cyrene pulled Xena away from Ulysses who was pulled away by his own mother. "We were just kissing," Xena said and Marguerite looked at her, "and kissing will lead to other things," she said then looked at her son. "Be on your way," she said as she pushed him towards the door, "alright, alright I'm going," he said then winked at Xena who smiled and he smiled just before he picked up his keys and walked out of the door.

As he walked down the hall headed towards his father's office he heard someone call his name. "Ulysses," a voice said to him and he turned his head and saw Victoria walking towards him from the other end of the hall. "Victoria, how are you?" He asked as she walked up to him and she grinned a small grin as she nodded, "I'm doing better and you?" She asked and Ulysses nodded, "I'm doing well," he said and Victoria nodded, "I expect you would, you are getting married in a couple of days," she said and Ulysses grinned and nodded. "May I walk with you?" She asked after an awkward moment of silence, "sure," he said and so they began walking and the silence returned once again.

"I've missed you around here," Ulysses said after a couple of minutes and Victoria looked at him. "Really?" She asked and he looked at her and nodded, "yea, you're still my friend Victoria," he said and she nodded. "I know, even after the way I acted," she said, "you were hurting, I understood that and I still understand it," he said and she nodded. "Yea I was in a bad place, so I went away for a while," she said. "Yea, Camilla told me you had went to Athens to stay with a cousin," he said and she nodded, "yea and it turns out that time away from home was what I needed," she said. "I'm glad you're doing better," Ulysses said and Victoria stopped walking and placed her hand on Ulysses' arm so that he stopped walking as well and looked at her.

"I came back home to let you know that I'm alright with everything, with the way things turned out and I'm happy that you're happy," she said and he looked into her eyes and grinned. "Thank you," he said then looked down for a moment, "Victoria I'm really sorry about what happened between us, I want you to know I never meant to hurt you," he said and she nodded. "I know but what happened is in the past and that's where it should stay," she said and Ulysses nodded. "So…you're going to be a married man in four days, are you nervous?" She asked him and Ulysses chuckled as he shook his head, "about the commitment, no, I just want everything to be perfect because that's how Xena wants things and I want to see her happy."

He said and Victoria smiled and nodded, "what woman doesn't want a perfect wedding day to a perfect man," she said and Ulysses chuckled. "I'm far from perfect," he said, "but you're close," she said and he grinned at her. "If you say so," he said, "well I have to go and meet Camilla," Victoria said and Ulysses nodded. "It was good seeing you," he said and she smiled and nodded, "it was good seeing you as well," she said then began walking away. "Hey Victoria, will you be at the wedding?" He asked and she turned and looked at him, "I wouldn't miss it for the world," she said then winked at him and turned and walked away and he smiled as he headed on his way, happy and satisfied that, that part of his life had been fixed as well as his relationship with Victoria and he wished her all the best.

The day passed by quickly and when the next day came, they started their purification rituals. From sun up, Xena and Ulysses were both going through their purification rituals, both in the temple but they were in different rooms. The purification ritual was a way for them to get rid of their past demons so that they would enter the union of marriage ready, open and prepared. Xena's demons dealt with her father and being accepted or rather not being accepted by those in her village. While Ulysses' demons dealt with him accepting who he was and who he was becoming, a Prince, a husband, one day a father and King.

The ritual consisted of a purifying bath and numerous trances where they would each see different things depending on what they kept hidden. Ulysses was sitting in his room in a chair looking out of the window and staring out at him kingdom. "Why is it you fight who you are meant to be, your destiny?" Lassa asked and Ulysses turned his head and looked at the priestess who he had not realized had walked into the room because he was so deep in thought. "I don't know. I suppose because I've always fought it and it seems so natural. Just because I was born into royalty, leadership doesn't mean I have to follow the same path as those before me. I believe we make our own fate," Ulysses said and Lassa nodded as she walked over to him.

"Yes, we do make our own fate, however, you have to realize that your fate is tied to Ithaca's fate, like those before you, no one can take care of Ithaca like you will, like you and your father have. You will make changes for the better, just as your son will and future rulers to come." Lassa explained and Ulysses let out a breath as he looked back out the window, "do you not want to see Ithaca well?" She asked, "of course I do but I also want to live my life," he said and Lassa looked at him.

"Then live your life, no one is saying that you can't. Even now, you're about to get married, one say have a family and do other things, that is living your life, you are living your life." She said and Ulysses let out a breath as he ran his fingers through his hair, "rest and think about it," Lassa said then left the room and Ulysses sat there and looked out of the window. The next two days they would be spending here in the temple, not seeing each other and not seeing their families. Xena was laying in the bed on her side thinking about the dream she had just had, a dream of her past when her life with her family was great, when she loved her father with all of her heart and he loved her the same and then something happened, something changed, something changed him and she always wondered what it was, she wondered if it was her.

"You can't be responsible for the actions of others," Lassa said and Xena popped up in the bed and looked at the priestess. "I know that," Xena said and Lassa looked at her as she slowly walked over to the bed. "Do you? You shouldn't blame yourself for the actions of your father," Lassa said and Xena let out a breath, "I don't, I just…I just don't understand what happened," Xena said and Lassa nodded. "You don't know what made him change," she said and Xena shook her head. "I don't and I always thought it was me because he seemed to take his anger out on me the most," Xena said then let out a breath.

"Anyway, there's nothing I can do about it now," she said as she sat down on the sofa and crossed her legs. "No there isn't, but you need to accept what happened to you," the priestess said. "Accept that my father use to beat me, that he left me for dead?" Xena asked, her voice rising with her emotions, "accept the fact that it wasn't your fault and there was nothing you could do." She said and Xena let out a breath as she turned her head and stared at the wall, "we all go through our own struggles in life Xena and they make us the people that we are for good or for bad. You were never accepted by those in your village and that's a hard life but look at the person you have become, did you think you would ever become Athena's chosen," Lassa asked and Xena thought about that.

"You just think about that," Lassa said then left the bedroom and Xena let out a frustrated breath as she fell down on the bed face first. The next couple of days passed and eventually they both worked out everything and they had to admit they felt better, like a weight had been lifted off of their shoulders and they were now ready and willing to started the journey of marriage. "Are you ready?" Xena asked Ulysses as they walked hand in hand on the beach looking at the beautiful scenery and the people and children having a good day. "More than you know," Ulysses said and Xena smiled as he spun her around and she let out a breath as she held onto his arm and leaned against him and he placed a kiss on her forehead.

"It's a wonder you're not doing last minute wedding preparations," he said and Xena shook her head as she raised her head and looked at the beautiful country before her. "No, our families are seeing to that, I wanted to spend a little time with you before we actually become husband and wife, seeing as how we hadn't seen each other in two days and we'll be separated tonight," she said and Ulysses nodded. "Speaking of which, how was your purification ritual?" He asked and Xena hunched her shoulders, "good I guess, emotional, brain wrecking," she said with a grin and Ulysses nodded in agreement. "Yes, mine was the same but lets talk of good things," he said.

"Well, have you written your vows?" Xena asked with a grin and Ulysses smiled back, "of course," he said and Xena stood in front of him. "Can hear them?" She asked and he chuckled at her as he caressed her cheek, "no," he said softly before he kissed her softly then chuckled at her pout. "You're so cute when you pout," he said, "please," she begged and whined and Ulysses just laughed at her then stooped down and picked her up throwing her over his shoulder and Xena laughed. "Put me down," she said, "why I like this position," he said as rubbed her butt and Xena chuckled then pinched his butt. "Hey!" He said as he tried to move away from her hands, which wasn't working so he just put her down and Xena smiled at him.

"Let's go for a ride," she said as she pulled on his hand, "ah Xe you know I don't like riding," he said as she pulled him. "I know but just one time for me," she said and Ulysses looked into her eyes and let out a breath. "Just one time," he said with a grin that turned into a smile when he saw Xena's huge smile. They made their way to the stables where Xena talked with Argo while Ulysses went and got a horse and then they both went for a ride together. For the majority of that day they spent time together then there was sort of a rehearsal dinner that night. Dorian and the others played subtle music for everyone, which was not the music that they usually played.

During the dinner when everyone was up and walking around Lyceus walked up to Xena and she looked at her brother. "What?" She asked with a grin, "I'm so proud of you," he said and she grinned at him. "You know how much I would love to give you away tomorrow but I think it should just be Toris," he said. "Why?" Xena asked and Lyceus looked into her eyes, "because you and I have always been close, we'll always be close but is a chance for Toris and this is really special and important to him," he said and Xena looked into his eyes and nodded. "Alright," she said and Lyceus grinned at her, "but I get the first dance," he said and Xena laughed.

"It's a deal," she said and Lyceus placed a kiss on Xena's forehead, "why don't you go and tell him the good news," Lyceus said and Xena nodded and looked at her younger brother once more before she walked away. "Toris," Xena called as her brother stood and talked with Dorian and a few of the others. Toris turned and looked at his sister, "yea," he said, "can I talk to you for a minute?" She asked and he nodded and they walked a few feet away. "What's up? Is everything okay? Nothing's wrong with the wedding right?" He asked in a quick breath and Xena smiled at him. "Will you calm down, I'm the bride not you, I'm supposed to be nervous and asking all of those questions." Xena said with a smile and Toris relaxed visibly and smiled at his sister, "sorry, I just want your wedding day to be perfect for you, you deserve it," he said and Xena smiled at him.

"Thank you," she said, "so what do you want to talk to me about?" Toris asked and Xena looked into his eyes, "well big brother, I want you to give me away," she said and he looked at her. "I thought I already was, me and Lyceus although that's weird," he said and Xena grinned as she shook her head at him. "But I just want you to give me away," she said and he looked at her, "are you sure?" He asked, "of course I'm sure, you're my big brother," she said and he nodded. "What about Lyceus, won't he be upset?" Toris asked and Xena shook her head, "he'll be alright," she said then placed a kiss on his cheek before she walked away.

As she was walking she spotted Camilla at the door, she poked her head in and looked around the room, when she spotted Xena she looked at her for a minute then pulled her head out. Xena looked around and smiled at a couple of people before she headed over to the door and walked out of it then down the hall and around the corner. "Xena over here," Camilla said and Xena walked over to Camilla who was hiding in a room. "Did you get it?" Xena asked and Camilla held her hand out with a pouch in it. Xena took the pouch and opened it and emptied the contents into her hand and she looked at the large, sterling sliver, wide band ring.

"This is great; you think Ulysses will love it?" Xena asked Camilla who nodded as she looked at the ring and the intricate carvings on it. "I think he'll be mesmerized," she said and Xena nodded then placed the ring back into the pouch and pulled the draw string tightly to make sure that it was closed and handed it back to Camilla. "Don't loose it," Xena said and Camilla nodded, "I'll see you later on tonight," Camilla said and Xena nodded then left the room and headed back to the dinning hall, to the dinner, her family and friends.

When dinner was over and everyone began leaving, Xena and Ulysses were off to the side all hugged up. "Tomorrow," Ulysses said and Xena grinned at him as she looked into his eyes while she ran her fingers through his hair. "Tomorrow, we'll be married," she said and Ulysses nodded then leaned in and kissed Xena so softly. "Xena come on," Camilla called and Xena looked at Camilla who stood with the rest of the females since the night would be for them like it would be for Ulysses and his boys. "I'm coming," Xena said then looked back at Ulysses.

"I have to go," she said as she ran her fingers down the side of his face, "me too," he said as he heard Virgil and Dorian call for him. They looked into each other's eyes as they leaned forward and shared a soft passionate kiss. When the kiss ended Ulysses placed a kiss on Xena's cheek and whispered in her ear, "I love you," he whispered and Xena grinned as she leaned into him. "And I you," she said then kissed him softly once more before she pulled back and walked away and Ulysses grinned as he turned and headed in the opposite direction.

"Gods, it's not like you're not going to see each other tomorrow," Virgil said to Ulysses as he shook his head and Ulysses grinned at his friend as they walked out of the dinning hall. "Do you have it?" Ulysses asked as they headed to Virgil's room and Virgil nodded, "it's in my room," he said and Ulysses nodded. "Do the guys have the song down pat?" Ulysses asked Dorian to his right and Dorian nodded. "Yeah, we practiced a lot while you and Xena were in the temple, we have it," he said and Ulysses nodded.

Xena, Cyrene, Corrinna, Marguerite, Camilla and Virgil's mom went to Xena and Ulysses' room and when they walked into the bedroom they all stopped dead in their tracks when the looked at the view before them. The room had been transformed to look like one of Aphrodite's temples. The bed was gone and in its places were countless furs, big soft pillows and cushions as well as loungers. There were men who stood there in tight shorts on, no shirt and it looked as if they had been oiled down so that they could show off their muscled chests, which you could see the muscles flex since they were waving fans. In the middle of all the cushions were fruits, cheeses and sweet pastries along with glasses of wine.

"You guys are here," Aphrodite said as she appeared before them all and Xena looked at her with a grin. "You've been busy," she said and Aphrodite grinned. "Yes she has," Athena said as she appeared next to the goddess of love and then everyone in the room was in awe except for Xena. "Will you be joining us Athena?" Xena asked with a grin and Athena looked at her chosen then at Aphrodite who was looking down at her nails. "I suppose so," she said and Xena smiled then grabbed her mother's arm and they all headed over to the pillows and sat down. "I'm not going to bite," Athena said as she sat down and the others stared at her.

"She's really sweet," Aphrodite said as got down on her knees behind Athena and took the ties out of Athena's hair to let it hang. "Aphrodite," Athena said as she moved her head out of the goddess of love's hands. "What? You're a beautiful woman Athena you should let your hair hang a lot more," Aphrodite said as she ran her fingers through Athena's dark brown locks and Athena just rolled her eyes and Xena grinned at them as she ate a piece of fruit and slowly the others began to relax around the goddesses and they all began to talk and laugh. As the night got later, they started talking about men as they took luxurious baths, got manicures, pedicures and massages.

"I think the answer to a great relationship is an active sex life," Aphrodite said and Athena rolled her eyes at her and the others chuckled at that. "You would but sex isn't everything," Athena said. "It really isn't," Marguerite said. "Don't get me wrong, Julian knows what he's doing but a relationship, a marriage can't exist solely on sex its just not going to work," she said and Xena listened to them all and their infinite wisdom. "I think its communication and sex," Xena said and Aphrodite smiled and did a small squeal, "a girl after my own heart," she said and Xena grinned as she shook her head at the goddess. "Sex in a relationship is important because it's not just all about the physical pleasure, it's about the connection that two partners get when they connect themselves in that special and glorious way."

Xena said and they all listened to her, a few nodding their heads, "and you need communication because no relationship can work without it. You need to talk about you're feelings, what's going on with each other, fears, beliefs, dreams, ambitions, goals, likes and dislikes," she said and Athena grinned at her. "You speak of wisdom older than your years, now that's a girl after my own heart," Athena said and Xena grinned at her. "Well men believe themselves to be this perfect being, especially when it comes to the bed area so every now and then if you're not fulfilled you have to act as though you are because their ego's are easy to bruise," Virgil's mother said and Cyrene and Marguerite agreed with her.

"I don't think I'm going to have that problem with Ulysses, he's never once disappointed me," Xena said. "It'll happen at least once in your life," Cyrene said and Xena hunched her shoulders as she sipped on her wine. As the night moved on they slowly began to dose of to sleep, all on the floor until it was only Xena awake and she quietly got up and walked over to the window where she sat down and looked out of the window, out at the country, the stars and the moon and she just sat there and thought. After twenty minutes she was no longer alone, "do you mind if I sit with you?" Athena asked and Xena looked at her and shook her head.

"Of course not," Xena said and Athena sat down on the other end and they both looked out of the window. "This time of the night is so peaceful and tranquil," Athena said and Xena nodded. "So are you nervous?" Athena asked and Xena shook her head as she looked at the goddess, "no, I'm actually really calm, everything feels right," Xena said then looked back out of the window. "It feels as if the world is being still because this is my time, my day coming up," she said and Athena nodded. "That's a good feeling to have," Athena said and they just sat there in silence for a while before Athena got up and Xena looked at her. "You better get some rest," Athena said and she was about to disappear when Xena stopped her.

"Wait," Xena said and Athena looked at her, "I never thanked you for doing all that you have for me," Xena said and Athena grinned at her. "And you never will," she said then leaned forward and placed a kiss on Xena's forehead before she disappeared and Xena grinned and continued to look out of the window. Gemini jumped up there with her mistress and Xena rubbed her and after an hour Xena finally decided she needed to get some rest so she laid down on the floor with the others and dosed off with thoughts of Ulysses and her wedding day on her mind.

In Virgil's room everyone was asleep except for Ulysses and he laid in the bed next to Virgil, shaking his head at the snoring that was coming from the others who had been drinking. He had a great night with the fellas, his last free night or so they called it but he didn't think of it that way. He thought marrying Xena was the best possible thing he could and would ever do and nothing or no one would make him feel differently. Ulysses brought his hand up and looked at the wedding band he had made for Xena and he just thought about what it symbolized and he was filled with such happiness that he was about to become one with the woman he loved most in all the world.

After a while Ulysses placed the ring back in the pouch and laid it next to a medium sized square box, something else that was for Xena and he hoped that she would love it. That night, like many nights before, Ulysses fell asleep with Xena on his mind and he couldn't wait until their wedding day. Morning came and everyone in the palace the servants any way were up and bustling around, getting ready for the big day. Xena and the others woke an hour after sunrise, breakfast was brought to the room and they ate while a bath was prepared for Xena. Ulysses, Virgil and the others woke two hours after sunrise and breakfast was brought to them and Ulysses then checked on a couple of things before he took a bath and washed his hair.

"Dorian make sure the guys set up in the spot I showed you in the dinning hall," Ulysses yelled from the bath chamber as he stood there with a towel around his waist while he looked into the mirror and used a knife made specifically for shaving. "And…" he started yelling but was stopped by Dorian's voice. "Ulysses you just worry about getting yourself ready for today," Dorian said from the door way and Ulysses looked at him. "Virgil and I have the music handled, we know where to set up, as well as what and what not to play," he said then walked away. Ulysses let out a breath and went back to what he was doing. When he was finished he scooped some water into his hands from the basin and rinsed his face of then patted it dry with a towel.

He then walked into the bedroom where his clothes for the ceremony had been laid out on the bed. He rubbed a little oil on his body then proceeded to put his pants on before he walked over to the chest and picked up a pair of hair cutting scissors and trimmed his hair. When he was done he dusted his shoulders off then walked over to where the box was, picked it up then walked over to the desk where he sat down, grabbed a piece of parchment and began writing on it. When he was finished he folded it once then wrote Xena's name on the front of it. He picked up the box and walked into the sitting room to the front door, he opened it and handed the box and note to the guard, "deliver this to Xena," he told the guard who bowed his head and left and Ulysses closed the door and went back into the bedroom and got ready.

Meanwhile back in the room with Xena, once she was finished her breakfast, Xena took her bath and washed her hair. When she was finished she got out, dried her body off then dried her hair before she put on her robe. She then sat down at the dresser and oiled her body in the new oil that Aphrodite had given her, when she was finished Aphrodite appeared and began to do her hair; when Aphrodite was finished put on her undergarments. When she was done Camilla and Cyrene helped her with the dress and instead of going with the traditional white she went with a powder blue with white trimming on the collar, sleeves and the bottom of the dress.

There were white and gold swirl patterns making the dress look beautiful, it clung to all of Xena's curves, the straps came down to the middle of her arms and in the front some cleavage showed but not much, there was a split on the right side that came up to the middle of Xena's leg. When she was finished she put on the sandals that matched then the earrings while Aphrodite decided to add some last minute touches to Xena's hair, loosening the curls so that they hung loosely. Xena's whole head was covered in them with a light sliver powder on her hair and chest and arms so when she walked into the sunlight she sparkled.

"How are we doing ladies?" Corrinna asked as she walked in and over to them, "just about done," Camilla said. "Who was at the door," Xena asked since Corrinna had gone to answer the door when there was a knock. "It was a guard dropping this off for you Xena from Ulysses," she said as she sat the large square box down in front of Xena on the dresser. "What is it?" She asked and Corrinna shook her head, "there's a note on top," she said and Xena picked it up and read it.

Well my love, today's the day that we become one, I can't tell you how happy and overjoyed I am. I won't say much since I'll see you soon but I wanted to give you this as a token of my love for you. This is but the first of many gifts and I hope to see it on you though it will be dull in comparison to your beauty.

Yours truly,
Ulysses

The note read and then Xena took the top off the box and she along with others gasped when they saw what was in it. It was a very beautiful diamond necklace, "gods," Cyrene said and Xena looked at her mother then back down at the necklace, too surprised and filled with emotion to say anything. She picked it up and looked at it, "it must have cost him a fortune," she said as she looked at it. It was beautiful, the large diamonds standing out and then she turned it around and saw letters etched into the silver on the chain. "To my beautiful bride on our wedding day," she read out loud. "Help me put it on," she asked Camilla who put it around Xena's neck and she felt the cool of the diamonds against her skin as Camilla fastened it in the back. Xena looked at it in the mirror and she couldn't believe Ulysses had did this, "you look absolutely beautiful," Cyrene said and the others nodded in agreement.

For the remainder of the time they sat there and talked until there was a knock on the door, Corrinna answered it and it was Marguerite who had left and gotten ready earlier and went to see to every last detail to make sure that things were specifically as Xena had asked. "We're ready," she said and Corrinna nodded then looked at Xena. "Its time," she said and Xena nodded and stood holding her dress up slightly as she walked over to the door, her mother and Camilla behind her. The guard closed the door and the others walked out to the garden where the ceremony was being held, they stopped outside the door and Xena looked at them. "Okay, I look okay right?"

Xena asked and Cyrene grinned at her daughter as she moved some of Xena's hair behind her shoulder, "you look gorgeous," she said and Xena smiled at her mother. "You look perfect," Corrinna said and Xena nodded. Marguerite handed Camilla and Stephanie, one of Camilla's friends that Xena got along well with, their bouquet of flowers then handed Xena hers. Aphrodite, who had appeared in the hall with the others, fidgeted with Xena's hair for a bit then looked at her, "well I don't think I can make you look any more perfect," she said and Xena grinned at the goddess. "Thank you Aphrodite for all you have done, for the dress and for my hair," Xena said and Aphrodite grinned.

"Well you deserve it all, this is your day," she said, "I should be going," she said. "Wait, you're leaving?" Xena asked, "I'm just going to stand next to Athena," she said then winked at Xena before she disappeared in a shower of pink sparkles. Lyceus and Toris walked up to Xena and their mother, "well its time," Lyceus said and Xena smiled at him. "I'm ready," she said and Lyceus looked at her and nodded, "I have no doubt that you are," he said then placed a kiss on her forehead before he looked at their mother. "Are you ready mom?" He asked and Cyrene nodded and placed her hand on Lyceus' arm and he walked her down the aisle to her seat which was in the front and next to Corrinna.

Lyceus walked back to the hall where Camilla, Stephanie, Toris and Virgil were. There was a light music playing coming from Dorian and the other and when they heard the music that meant that it was really time. Stephanie and Lyceus walked down the isle first and then it was Camilla and Virgil's turn, "wait, wait," Xena said and Camilla looked at her, "what?" She asked and Xena looked at her, "do you have the ring?" And Camilla nodded, "yes I have the ring," she said and Xena nodded then watched as Camilla walked up to Virgil, placed his hand on his arm and they began walking down the white silk cloth covered with red rose petals.

Xena let out a breath, "my lady," Sarah said and Xena looked at her and nodded then looked at Toris. "You sure you're ready?" He asked and Xena smiled at him, "I'm more than ready," she said and he looked at her and nodded. "I can't believe it, my little sister is all grown up and getting married…and before me," he said and Xena chuckled at him. "Come on," she said as she placed her hand on his arm and in sync like they had practiced days before they began walking out of the palace and into the sun. Almost everyone Marguerite had sent invitations to had came so there were rows and rows of people on both sides of Xena but she didn't look at them, she kept her eyes on Ulysses who was standing at the front.

Athena had appeared next to Lassa and Aphrodite was on the other side of Athena. Athena she looked at Ulysses who was looking over his clothes to make sure he looked okay, and he was doing that for about the fifth time. "Would you stop, you look fine," Virgil whispered to him and Ulysses cleared his throat and let out a breath. The musicians started playing the music and Ulysses leaned forward to try and get a look behind the trees but he couldn't see anything.

Marguerite came and sat in the front and she smiled at Ulysses who smiled back, he saw Stephanie appear with the flowers in her hand and minutes later Camilla appeared. Ulysses let out a breath realizing Xena would be coming in any minute, "you might want to take a few deep breaths before you pass out," Athena whispered to him and he nodded slightly and took in a few deep breaths and was in the middle of inhaling when Xena appeared. Everyone turned and looked at her and he thought she just looked absolutely amazing; he looked over her and thought she was positively glowing. He loved that dress on her and her hair she was the perfect picture of a goddess and he was so entranced he forgot to breathe.

Virgil slapped him on the back and he began breathing normally, and when Xena smiled at him he almost forgot to breathe again. When she was standing in front of him he looked at her, "you're beautiful," he told her and she smiled at him. "Who gives Xena of Amphipolis away?" Athena asked, "I do," Toris said loud enough for everyone to hear and Xena smiled at her brother and he smiled back before he leaned in and placed a kiss on cheek before he handed her hand to Ulysses who he looked dead in the eye. "You take care of my sister, I'm entrusting her with you, do right by her," Toris said and Ulysses looked into his eyes and nodded. "I swear to you I will," he said and Toris nodded and placed Xena's hand in Ulysses' hand before he went to sit down next to his mother.

Xena handed her flowers to Camilla then she and Ulysses stepped closer together taking each other's hands and they looked into each other's eyes. Athena grinned at them then started the ceremony, "today we are here to celebrate a love that few rarely find. It is rare and indeed special, when one should find their other half and these two have accomplished what many haven't. Their bond is a true bond that can't be broken by any God or mortal, true and everlasting love is hard to find so on this day we celebrate these two in doing such." Athena said then looked at Ulysses, "I believe you have something special for Xena," she said with a grin and Ulysses grinned and nodded then looked over at Dorian who nodded that he was ready and Ulysses looked back at Xena.

"You always said that you loved it when I sing, so I thought on this day, this perfect day, your day, our day that I would give you the gift of a song that I have written for you on our wedding day," Ulysses said and Xena grinned at him and Ulysses looked into her eyes as the music began to play and then he began to sing.

Verse 1: (Ulysses)
I can't believe is true, I'm standing here in front of you
and you are here with me.
(Ulysses sang as he looked into Xena's eyes and she smiled at him and everyone else listened as he sang to her.)
So unbelievable, I'll never ever let you go,
my heart is yours for keeps. (Ulysses and Dorian sung together)
Lets make a vow (lets make a vow baby)- Dorian sang first and then Ulysses sang behind him
right here and now (right here and now)

Chorus: (everyone in band)
This is the day that I've prayed for
and you are the girl of my dreams
and my place in life,
is right here by your side on this day,
(Dorian began singing and everyone was astonshed that he and especially Ulysses could sing)
this very moment.

Verse 2: (Dorian)
(Dorian walked over to Xena and Ulysses until he was standing somewhat in front of him and off to the side. He was singing to them both and Xena grinned as she leaned into Ulysses, they had turned to face the crowd as they listened to Dorian sing.)
Today its you and I, we celebrate a brand new life that the Gods has given us
Until the end of time, I hold your precious hand in mine
A promise you can trust
(Ulysses looked at Xena and sung) These simple words I do
Forever all my love for you

Chrous 1x:
This is the day that I've prayed for (I've prayed for)
and you are the girl of my dreams (you're the girl of my dreams)
and my place in life,
is right here by your side on this day, (from this day)
(Dorian looked at Ulysses and made a slight motion with his head telling him to sing from his heart. Ulysses wanted Dorian to sing the part that was coming up but Dorian thought that Ulysses could do it, so Ulysses let out a breath, took Dorian's advice and began singing from his heart.)

Hook: (Ulysses)
My heart is all dream, this day was meat to be (ooohhhh)
I need you despartly, through all enternity
So perfect and so right, I want you in my life
I'll be here by your side from now on

Chorus:
This is the day that I've prayed for (this is the day)
Xena couldn't believe what she was hearing, the way Ulysses was singing, she had never heard him sing that way before. His voice had gotten so deep and it was as if you could hear the soul and heart he put into the song as he sing those words to her and all Dorian could do was grin and nodded as Ulysses did what he thought he couldn't do.)
and you are the girl of my dreams (you're the girl of my dreams)
and my place in life, (Yeeaahhhhh)
is right here by your side (by your side) on this day,
this very moment.

(Band)
This very moment
This very moment
This very moment….

(Ulysses)
I cant believe its true
I'm standing here in front of you
And you are here with me…
This very moment
(Dorian and Ulysses finished together and Xena smiled as a tear rolled down her cheek in happiness and Ulysses smiled at her as he used his thumb to wipe away the tear. Dorian grinned as he patted Ulysses on his arm before he went and took his seat next to his wife)

Xena and Ulysses smiled at each other as they turned back around and then Athena began to speak. "It is one of life's richest surprises when the accidental meeting of two life paths led them to proceed together along the common path as husband and wife. It is one of life's finest experiences when a casual relationship grows into a permanent bond of love. This meeting and this growth bring us together today. Ulysses and Xena, will you take vows here before all of us which symbolize the manifested vows you have already made and will continue to make to each other throughout your lives?" She asked and they looked at each other, "we will," they said together. "Xena you may speak your vows to Ulysses," she said and Xena looked into Ulysses' eyes as she began.

"Ulysses, my love, my hero, you came into my life when I had just about given up on everything. I remember when I first saw and spoke to you, I thought to myself he is so arrogant, like every man he only wants me for one thing," she said and he smiled at her. "It was only later that I learned that you were confident in yourself, something you rarely see these days and as time passed it was one of the many things I loved about you. You taught me how to live, how to dream and have fun, you made every dream I have ever had come true, you accepted me for me," she said smiling at him and he smiled back. "You made love to me like no one ever has and when you hold me I know that's where I'm meant to be. In your arms for all eternity, loving you and having you love me." She finished and Ulysses smiled at her, "Ulysses you may speak your vows to Xena," Athena said and Ulysses ran his tongue over his lips before he spoke.


"Xena, my heart, my love, I have never known a love such as this. You came into my life when I was looking for something but had no idea what that was until I saw you. When I looked up your heavenly face I knew, I knew we were meant to be together. That is why from this day on, I choose you, my beloved Xena, to be my wife. To live with you and laugh with you; to stand by your side, and sleep in your arms; to be joy to your heart, and food for your soul; to bring out the best in you always, and, for you, to be the most that I can. I promise to laugh with you in good times, to struggle with you in bad; to solace you when you are downhearted; to wipe your tears with my hands; to comfort you with my body; to mirror you with my soul; to share with you all my riches and honors; to play with you as much as I can until we grow old." He said and she smiled at him and with his vows done Athena spoke again.

"This marriage is an event in the lifetime of love. Neither I, nor all society, can join these two lovers today. Only they can do what they have chosen. They are joining themselves, one to the other, as they find union with one another; they proclaim that union today and pledge its future. We, by our participation in this celebration, do but recognize and honor their intention to dwell together as husband and wife." She said then looked at both of them, "the rings," she said and Virgil handed Ulysses Xena's ring and Camilla handed Xena Ulysses' ring. "Ulysses you first repeat after me," Athena said and what she said Ulysses repeated to Xena as he looked into Xena's eyes. "I, Ulysses, take you, Xena, for my lawful wife. To have and to hold, to forsake all others; for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, from this day forward until death do us part."

He said then slid the ring onto Xena's finger, "I give you this ring to wear upon your hand as a symbol of our unity in steadfast love." He said and Athena turned to Xena, "now you Xena, repeat after me," Athena said and Xena let out a breath and looked into Ulysses' eyes as she repeated after Athena and spoke the words that came from her heart with such feeling that it brought a tear to Ulysses' eye. "I, Xena, take you, Ulysses, for my lawful husband. To have and to hold, to forsake all others; for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, from this day forward, until death do us part."

Then she took Ulysses' hand in hers and began sliding the ring on his finger, "I give you this ring to wear upon your hand as a symbol of our unity in steadfast love." And with that they both smiled at each other, "now you are two bodies but there is only one life before you," Athena said then turned to Lassa who handed her a large goblet. "As both of you drink from this cup it symbolizes the start of your new life together, to share any and everything so that your love may be everlasting." Athena said then handed the cup to Xena who took a sip then handed it to Ulysses and he did the same and handed it back to Athena who handed it back to the priestess. "Please kneel before me," she said and Ulysses helped Xena down as he got down on his knees as well.

"Ulysses you are the Prince of Ithaca, next in line, are you not?" Athena asked, "I am," Ulysses said and she placed his crown on his head, "and you enter into this union of your own free will?" She asked, "I do," he answered. "And before all these witness here, your King and Queen and the gods above it is your will that Xena become your wife, one day your Queen and to rule by your side?" She asked and he looked at Xena, "it is." He said and then Athena looked at Xena. "You are Xena of Amphipolis, are you not?" She asked, "I am," Xena said. "And you enter into this union of your own free will?" Athena questioned, "I do," Xena said. "Then it is here at this moment that you must swear fealty to Ulysses, to the King and to Ithaca." Athena said and Xena turned and looked at Ulysses, "as we are joined today I swear to you, that I will be your wife and one day Queen. Ruling and standing by your side, I will lend a hand where ever it is needed or where ever you wish me to.

I will follow your rule and command, do right by you and Ithaca, laying down my life if need be." She said and Athena turned and picked up the crown from the pillow. "Before all these witnesses here and the gods above you have sworn fealty to Ithaca, it's Prince and King, it is your will that Ulysses become your husband?" She asked and Xena looked at her, "it is," she said and Athena grinned as she placed the crown on Xena's head and then they both stood. "Since Ulysses and Xena have pledged their love and commitment to each other before these witnesses, I declare they are husband and wife."

She said then looked at Ulysses, "you may kiss your bride," she said and he smiled then stepped forward placing his hand on Xena's cheek and Xena grinned then moaned as Ulysses kissed her passionately. The kiss was passionate and all though they wanted it to last longer they knew that they had to stop and so they did. Athena smiled and Ulysses and Xena faced the crowd, "it is my pleasure to introduce to you Ulysses and Xena, Prince and Princess of Ithaca," she said out loud and everyone stood and clapped their hands. Xena and Ulysses smiled and they walked back to the palace hand in hand and as they walked by the people, rose petals were thrown onto them.

When they were inside the palace they looked at each other, "we did it, we're married," Xena said and Ulysses grinned, "yes we are," he said then leaned in and kissed Xena passionately. She moaned and wrapped her arms around Ulysses and they kissed for a while when it ended they were both slightly breathless and they grinned at each other. "As much as I would love to continue this there are people waiting for us my Queen," Ulysses said and Xena grinned, "my queen, I love it when you call me that," she said then leaned in and kissed Ulysses softly once more. When the kiss ended they stood there for a while just staring into each other's eyes, giving everyone a chance to get to the dinning hall.

When enough time had passed they smiled at each other the headed to the dinning hall. The guards at the door bowed their heads, "my lord, my lady," they said as they opened the doors and when they walked in everyone was standing and they were clapping. Xena and Ulysses smiled as they walked in up to their table where Camilla, Virgil, Stephanie and Lyceus sat, Xena and Ulysses' seats were in the middle and Ulysses pulled out Xena's chair so that she could sit down. He sat down and so did everyone else, music began playing, people talked and drinked as the food was being brought out. "I wanted to tell you that you look absolutely gorgeous," Ulysses told Xena and she smiled at him.

Xena's mother and Toris were sitting down at the table with Marguerite, Julian and the others. After a bit Virgil stood with his glass in his hand and he hit it with a fork to get everyone's attention, the room quieted and they all looked at him. "Well as the best man it's my duty to give a speech. I'm not a poet or anything and I told Ulysses that but he still wanted me to give a speech, he wouldn't have it any other way." He said with a grin and they all laughed at him, "what can I say about two of the best people I've ever known, Ulysses my friend you are a great Prince, son and friend and I'm sure I'm not alone when I say you deserve the woman by your side."

He said and Ulysses grinned and squeezed Xena's hand. "Xena, I want to thank you. I have never seen this man smile so much as he has when he talks about you, sees you." He said and Xena smiled, "most people here don't know you but I'm here to tell them that when they do get to know you they'll find that you are an amazing woman. I believe you have a lot to offer Ithaca and even so you have already done more than enough by making this great man here happy." He said and Xena smiled at Virgil nodding her thanks, "now when I read this to Camilla for her opinion she told me that wasn't nearly enough for a proper speech so I wrote a little something and I hope you like it." He said as he unfolded a piece of parchment and began reading.

"Marriage is a commitment to life, to the best that two people can find and bring out in each other. It offers opportunities for sharing and growth that no other human relationship can equal; a joining that is promised for a lifetime. Within the circle of its love, marriage encompasses all of life's most important relationships. A wife and a husband are each other's best friend, confidant, lover, teacher, listener, and critic. There may come times when one partner is heartbroken or ailing, and the love of the other may resemble the tender caring of a parent for a child.

Marriage deepens and enriches every facet of life. Happiness is fuller; memories are fresher; commitment is stronger; even anger is felt more strongly, and passes away more quickly. Marriage understands and forgives the mistakes life is unable to avoid. It encourages and nurtures new life, new experiences, and new ways of expressing love through the seasons of life. When two people pledge to love and care for each other in marriage, they create a spirit unique to themselves, which binds them closer than any spoken or written words. Marriage is a promise, a potential, made in the hearts of two people who love, which takes a lifetime to fulfill."

He finished and he raised his glass and looked at him, "so I said all of that to say this, I've never seen people so in love like the two of you are and I hope in time that love grows. There will be times when your love will be tested but if you believe in one another the bond you have can not be broken. So, to Ulysses and Xena, may you guys have an everlasting love," Virgil said as he raised the glass in the air. "To Ulysses and Xena," the rest of the room said and Xena and Ulysses smiled then leaned in and kissed each other. The people clapped for Virgil and his great speech and for Xena and Ulysses, "that was beautiful," Camilla told Virgil as she leaned in and kissed him.

Thirty minutes later Ulysses leaned into Xena, "I believe its time for us to dance," he said and she grinned at him as he stood and held out his hand and she placed her hand in his. "Good afternoon everyone, my name is Etta," she said as she stood off to the side by the musicians. "I had the pleasure of running into Ulysses when he was a wild teenager with a chip on his shoulder but he also had a great passion for life and music." She said and Ulysses grinned at her as he stood off to the side with Xena. "I could tell by many of your faces that you didn't know Ulysses could sing, well I think you'll be even more surprised to know that he can write the songs as well as sing them.

Ulysses called me here to sing a song for his wedding day, well after I got over the initial shock that he was getting married," she said and everyone chuckled and laughed. "I knew what song I would sing. This is a song Ulysses wrote and I told him I would hold that song for him until one day he had found the person he was meant to be with," she said then looked over to then. "Now Ulysses thought he was going to tell me what song to sing but he wasn't," she said with the tone of a mother and Ulysses laughed at her as did everyone else. "Xena you are that person and I am so happy that he has found you," Etta said and with that the music to the song began playing, Xena and Ulysses walked out onto the dance floor and Etta began singing.

Ulysses grinned as he pulled Xena into the middle of the floor, he wrapped his arm around her, her arm went around his shoulder and Ulysses held Xena's hand holding it close to his chest as they began to move to the music. "At Last, My love has come along, my lonely days are over and life is like a song. Ooooh...At last, the skies above are blue, my heart was wrapped in clover the night I looked at you." Etta sang and they danced to it, Ulysses then let Xena's hand go and she wrapped her other arm around his shoulder and ran her fingers through his hair as they continued to move to the music. She closed her eyes and just moved to the music and everyone else watched them dance, "I found a dream that I could speak to, a dream that I…can call my own.

I found a thrill…to press my cheek to…a thrill that I…have never known, oh yeah, yeah you smile...you smile oh and then the spell was cast. And here we are in heaven for you are mine…at last," there was a musical interlude and Xena and Ulysses continued to dance, Xena found herself caressing Ulysses' cheek and he fell into her touch. "I found a dream that I could speak to, a dream that I could call my own. I found a thrill to press my cheek to, a thrill that I have never known. Well...you smile, you smile ooh and then the spell was cast and here we are in heaven for you are mine at last. Ooo yea, you are mine...At Last," and as the song came to an end they looked into each others eyes then leaned in and shared a soft but passionate kiss. The guests clapped and when the kiss ended they smiled at each other, more music played and some got up and danced while others mingled around.

"I'm so proud of you my son," Julian said to Ulysses who was talking with Virgil and some of the other royals from other kingdoms. "Thanks dad," Ulysses said and Julian nodded, "always, always do right by your wife, put her before yourself and love her always no matter what," Julian said and Ulysses looked into his father's eyes. "I will," he said and Julian nodded then raised his glass and Ulysses raised his, "to marriage, our wives and happiness," Julian said and Ulysses smiled as he and his father shared a private toast. Xena was off mingling with people, talking with her mother and marguerite and some people from other kingdoms who she found to be friendlier than some of the nobles from Ithaca.

Xena found that she had a little more in common with the families of some of the advisors, the women were certainly much more acceptable of her. She talked, laughed and had fun, she danced with Toris, Lyceus, Julian, Virgil and a few of the more friendly advisors asked her to dance and she did. "Xena its time to cut the cake," Camilla said and Xena and Ulysses walked over to the table where the cake was. Cyrene handed Xena the knife and Ulysses put his hand on top of hers and they smiled as they began to cut the cake, when it was cut they each picked up a small piece and fed it to each other. They laughed with the crowd when they got icing on their lips and cheeks, they leaned in and kissed each other then picked up their glasses. They locked their arms together and drinked from their glasses and they were still smiling and laughing, Corrinna handed them both a cloth to wipe their hands and faces.

Xena and Ulysses had a wonderful time as they danced to songs, some slow and others fast. "Are you happy my love?" Ulysses asked as they danced to the last slow song they would dance to for the night. "I couldn't be happier," she said and Ulysses grinned as he held her tight. "And are you happy?" Xena asked Ulysses as she pulled back and looked into his eyes while she ran her fingers through his hair, "ecstatic," he said and Xena smiled as she leaned in and kissed Ulysses softly and then they continued to dance to the song. The evening was getting late so when the song was over Xena threw her bouquet and low and behold Camilla was the one to catch it and she blushed hard as she did and looked around the room and her eyes happened to catch Virgil's eyes and he looked at her then grinned as he raised his glass in a salute and she grinned at him.

Xena and Ulysses thanked all of their guests for coming then left, Xena went to their room and Ulysses went back to Virgil's room where they changed into more comfortable clothes. Xena was in the room, she had changed into a more comfortable dress but it still hugged all of her curves. She stood into the mirror and looked at herself, she looked down at the rings on her finger and grinned to herself. "You're a married woman now," Cyrene said as she walked into the room and Xena grinned as she turned and looked at her mother as Cyrene walked up to her and she met her half way. "My little one is all grown up," Cyrene said as she placed a lock of hair behind Xena's ear, tears filling her eyes as she looked upon her daughter with pride and happiness in her eyes.

"Oh momma," Xena said and Cyrene just grinned as she pulled Xena to her and hugged her tightly. "I'm so proud of you Xena, I have always been proud of you, you have turned into a great, intelligent, loving and caring woman. Ulysses is lucky to have you," she said then pulled back and caressed Xena's cheek as tears rolled down her face. "I'm going to miss you," Cyrene said and Xena grinned as she took her mothers hands in her own, "I'm not going any where, I'll always be your daughter, I'll come visit often and I'll write to you and you know if there's anything you need, if there's trouble or you just want to send me just send a message and let me know and I'll be right there," Xena said and Cyrene grinned at her and hugged her once more.

"You're going to be a great wife, just go with your instincts and you'll be alright. There's no more advice I can give you than what I already have," Cyrene said and Xena grinned at her, "Thank you for everything mom, I owe all this to you," she said and Cyrene grinned at her daughter. "I just want you to be happy Xena, that's all I've ever wanted, just for you to be happy," "Come on Gemini," Xena called to the wolf who was lying on the bed and Gemini got down and ran over to her mistress. Xena and her mother walked out of the bedroom into the sitting room, Xena had already packed her things for the honeymoon and they had been taken to the ship they were using. Cyrene and Xena along with Gemini left the room and headed to the front of the palace where Ulysses and the carriage would be waiting for her.

When they got there Xena hugged her brothers and Corrinna goodbye, "you guys have a safe trip," Xena told them. "You too," Toris said then shook Ulysses' hand and hugged him. "You take care of her," he said and Ulysses nodded as he pulled back. "You know I will," he said and then he hugged his mother, placing a kiss on her cheek then shook his father's hand. Julian talked to Ulysses for a couple of minutes giving him some last minute advice. He then hugged his sister and he and Virgil clowned around for a couple of minutes before it was time for them to go. Ulysses held his hand out to Xena and she grinned as she placed her hand in his and they walked over to the carriage. He helped her in and then got in behind her, Gemini already in the carriage.

They hung their heads out of the medium sized window and waved good bye to their families as the carriage began to move away. After a minute they relaxed in the carriage and Xena leaned against Ulysses as she looked out of the window looking on as the sun began to set. They sat there in silence as they held each other's hands their fingers playing with each other and it became more when Xena raised her head and looked into Ulysses' eyes and they met for a soft kiss that soon turned very passionate. They continued to kiss, taking little breaths of air until the carriage began to slow down, "I think we're there," Ulysses said and Xena grinned and nodded as caressed his chest through his shirt as she leaned back in for a kiss.

"My lord we're here," the head guard said and Ulysses nodded as he tried to catch his breath. "Hold that thought," Ulysses told Xena, "that sweet, sweet thought," Ulysses said and Xena smiled as Ulysses leaned back in and kissed her. When the kiss ended he opened the door and got out and helped Xena out and Gemini jumped out afterwards. Hand in hand they walked up the plank of the ship and Xena looked at the huge ship in amazement and Ulysses grinned. "Our cabin is down those stairs, I'll be down in a minute I just want to make sure that everything is going as planned," Ulysses said and Xena grinned and nodded before she leaned in and kissed him softly.

"Don't be long," she said and Ulysses looked into her eyes and nodded then watched as Xena walked down the stairs. Ulysses cleared his throat then turned and went to go talk to Jarvin, the Captain of the ship. "My lord," Jarvin said, "how's our trip looking Jarvin?" Ulysses asked and Jarvin nodded as he stood at the helm, "it's looking well my lord, we have good winds, we should be in Egypt in two weeks," he said and Ulysses nodded. "Well I leave everything in your hands, the royal guards are there if you need them and you'll forgive me if I don't poke my head up for a couple of days," he said with a grin and Jarvis grinned and nodded.

Ulysses talked to the head guard for a couple of minutes before he headed downstairs to the cabin. He walked into the cabin and locked the door behind him then looked around the romantic room. There were candles lit everywhere, cream white silk sheets on the bed with red rose petals scattered all over. "Ulysses," Xena called, "yeah?" He answered as he looked around, "I'll be out in a minute," Xena said from the small changing room she was in. "Take your time," he said then sat down and took off his boots and loosened his shirt some. "The wedding was beautiful," Xena said from the room, "yes it was, I even have to admit it was perfect," he said as he stood and walked over to a small table to pour himself and Xena a glass of wine.

"I had a great time and some of the royals from other kingdoms were really nice," Xena said and Ulysses nodded. "Yea, some of them are nice and others aren't so nice but they need our allegiance so they pretend to be otherwise," Ulysses said. "Why is that? I mean Ithaca is a small kingdom," Xena said. "We aren't that small," Ulysses said with laughter in his voice. "But besides our size, we are formidable in numbers when we need to be, we have money, as well as good influence on some very powerful people, it pays to lend a hand without be asked," he said. "I look forward to learning more," Xena said and Ulysses turned around as she opened the door and he watched her walk out.

"I look forward to teaching you more," he said with a grin. "Wow you look…" Ulysses said then shook his head as he looked at how beautiful Xena was, she was so beautiful he was at a loss for words. "Wow!" He said again and Xena smiled, "I take it you approve?" She asked and Ulysses smiled and nodded as he encircled Xena in his arms, "I more than approve," he said as he looked over Xena. She wore a white silk gown that seemed to show off all of her curves, the gown fell just below her knees and it hugged her thighs and waist.

It covered her breasts but left most of the tops showing much to Ulysses' delight and the straps were thin which left Xena's shoulders uncovered. Xena watched Ulysses and she smiled, "Ulysses," she called and he looked at Xena, "yea?" He answered and Xena continued to smile. "You're drooling," she said and Ulysses closed him mouth and grinned at Xena who had a full fledged smile on her face. "Sorry, but you look absolutely stunning," Ulysses said as he took Xena's hand and turned her around so that he could see the back and Ulysses saw there was no back. All of Xena's back was out and the dress only began where Xena's butt began, "mmm...you look good enough to eat."

He said as Xena turned back around and she moved closer placing her hand on Ulysses' cheek and the other on his arm, "then why don't you?" She asked and with a seductive purr. Ulysses just took Xena's lips in a passionate tasting of lips and as they kissed their hands began to roam, they continued to kiss off and on and as they continued to kiss Xena's hands went to Ulysses' shirt and she began unbuttoning the rest of the buttons. When she had all of the buttons undone she opened Ulysses' shirt and pushed it off of his shoulders where Ulysses let it fall to the floor and when the kiss ended Xena looked over Ulysses' chest before she leaned in and placed a few soft kisses there.

Ulysses closed his eyes for a moment then ran his fingers through her hair and met her for a soft, passionate kiss. When the kiss ended they looked into each other's eyes and Xena kissed Ulysses ever so softly once more before she back up then turned and headed over to the bed. The bed had a white sheer curtain around it and Xena walked on one side and Ulysses walked on the other side and they could see each other. Xena parted the curtain and got into the bed and Ulysses looked into her eyes as he did the same. When they got in from either side the met each other in the middle of the bed and as they kneeled face to face they just looked into each other's eyes.

Ulysses placed his hands on Xena's neck as he leaned in and Xena smiled when their lips brushed against each others. They continued to look into each other's eyes as Xena brought her hands up and caressed Ulysses' arms and they both moaned as their lips were sealed in and passionate kiss. As they kissed they slowly laid down, Ulysses laying half on Xena and half on the bed. They laid there for a while kissing passionately, tasting each others lips and removing their clothes until they laid there on the bed naked, caressing each other, Xena's leg rubbing up and down Ulysses' legs as she ran her fingers through his hair while they shared a passionate kiss.

"Mmmm," Xena moaned when the kiss ended and she opened her eyes and looked into Ulysses' eyes as she caressed his cheek. "What?" Xena asked with a grin and Ulysses shook his head as he looked into her eyes while he ran his fingers through her hair before he leaned down and kissed her softly. "I love you," Ulysses whispered when the kiss ended and Xena smiled at him, "I love you too," she said then gave him a soft kiss. "And this is our wedding night so show me what you can do," she said with a grin and Ulysses smiled as he rubbed his lips against hers. "I'll show you mine if you show me yours," he said and Xena grinned then moaned as they shared a passionate kiss.

As time progressed Ulysses slowly kissed Xena's body from head to toe, he worshipped every last part of her and Xena couldn't help but moan and push into his hands. When he got to her breasts, he caressed the beautiful globes before he sucked on her hardened peaks, moaning at the feel of her nipple in his mouth and Xena moaned as she arched into him. He spent a lot of time on her breasts, just caressing them, kissing them and sucking on them to his hearts content before he began to kiss the rest of his way down and when he was finally nestled between her thighs, Xena looked up at the ceiling, eyes and mouth opened in wonder as it would constantly be the entire night.

"Ummm," Ulysses moaned as he sucked on Xena's neither lips, which were coated in her sweet honey. "Unnnghhh," Xena moaned as her back arched off of the bed while her hands gripped Ulysses' shoulders. He sucked, nibbled and licked every inch of her, holding on tight to her thighs as he did so and there were times where he came up for air long enough to clean the inside of her thighs before he delved back into to his delicious treat and wonderful task. "Unnnghhh…ohhh Ulysses," Xena moaned as she bit down on her lower lip and her release began to ripple through her. Ulysses cleaned up the evidence of her release, cleaned her thighs then kissed, sucked and nibbled his way back up her body.

When he was nestled between Xena's legs they looked into each others eyes and Xena grinned at Ulysses as she rose up and tasted his lips, tasting herself on them. "Did you have a good time down there?" She asked and Ulysses chuckled as he leaned down and sucked on her neck, "mmmm," Xena moaned as she closed her eyes and arched into him. "I had a wonderful time," he whispered in her ear just before he sucked on her earlobe. When he raised his head Xena looked into his eyes then pulled him down for a very passionate kiss, "mmmm…mmm," Ulysses moaned as Xena's tongue invaded his mouth and she kissed him so passionately it made him weak in his knees.

Eventually as time rolled on she rolled him onto his back and began to explore him just as he did her. When she reached his most sensitive spots she tested them to the fullest until the room was filled with his moans. And when she finally got to his main organ, his main pleasure spot, she had fun like she never had before. "Oh…gods," Ulysses groaned as he closed his eyes tightly while Xena sucked on just his head while running her tongue over it. He gripped her hair tightly and Xena moaned as she looked up at Ulysses, loving the sight before her. She didn't stop her sweet torture until Ulysses let out a moan that was between a small cry and a groan while his seed shot into her mouth and some onto him.

"Mmm," Xena moaned as she cleaned his head then kissed her way back up, caressing his chest and placing kisses all over his chest, stopping to suck and pull on his nipples with her teeth. When she was face to face with him they shared a passionate kiss, Ulysses pulling Xena down on top of him until all of her weight was on him and he moaned from that wonderful sensation. Time passed and they were in no rush as they began to make love for the first time as husband and wife. Half an hour later, moans, small cries and whimpers filled the cabin and from the foot of the bed one would be able to Xena the passionate scene before them.

Xena was on top riding Ulysses slowly yet hard as she pressed her hips down and added a little twist to the movement. Ulysses moaned and groaned as he ran his hands over her thighs, "Unnngh…unnnn," Xena moaned as she tilted her head back. "Ssss…unnnghhh," Ulysses moaned as his body jerked in pleasure, his eyes closed tightly as he held on to Xena's waist. He pried his eyes open and looked at the beautiful sight before him, Xena looked like a goddess and he brought his hands up to caress her breasts. Xena looked down at Ulysses and their eyes connected as she placed her hands on his chest and rode him harder and Ulysses groaned in pleasure as he looked at her for as long as he could until she began doing things she had never done before, things that were making him whimper to the point he turned his head to the side.

"Oh…yeah, Unnnnghhh," Xena moaned as she bit down on her bottom lips and she became increasingly wetter when she saw the extreme pleasure she was causing Ulysses. After a couple of minutes she leaned down and kissed and sucked on his chest and neck and Ulysses caressed her back, his fingers digging into her skin as she still continued to move her hips. After a while Ulysses was able to roll Xena onto her back and show her what he was capable of. By this time, a sheen of sweat was covering their bodies, had there been a sheet covering them it would have clung to them in every way.

Ulysses laid between Xena's legs thrusting hard and deep into her as they shared passionate kisses. Ulysses was kissing Xena in a way that he had never kissed her before, the way he tasted her lips was amazing and it set her on fire as well as the way his tongue would caress hers. However, Xena showed him a couple of things as well so both were surprised by the other. Fifteen minutes later when a very passionate kiss ended and they had come up for air Ulysses kissed and sucked on Xena's neck making his way to a spot that he knew she was particularly sensitive to. When he reached that spot he pulled on it with his teeth then sucked on it, "Unnn," Xena moaned as she bit down on her bottom lip while caressing Ulysses' sweaty back and running her fingers through his hair.

Everything Ulysses was doing felt so good, Xena couldn't imagine it getting any better but obviously Ulysses could because he took her to new height. He caressed her thighs just before he placed his hands on them and pushed them outward and he rose himself up and pushed deeper into Xena who let out a cry of pleasure and surprised as Ulysses went so deep and caused great pleasure. "Unnnngh….unnnnghhhh," Xena moaned as her nails dug into his back, "Ooohhhhh…Unnnnn," Ulysses moaned as he thrust into her, he himself was somewhat surprised at the extreme pleasure that act had caused. Ulysses' eyes were closed tightly as he rose himself up on his hands, his grunts, moans and heavy breathing filling the room along with Xena's small cries, moans and whimpers.

"Aaaahhhhh…gods, Unnnnghhhh," Xena cried out as she slammed her head into the pillow and Ulysses moaned loudly as he leaned down and kissed her passionately. "You feel so good, so warm and…unnnnghhh…so wet," he whispered against her lips and Xena opened her eyes and looked into Ulysses' eyes as she caressed his cheek. As she looked into his eyes she took his hand and placed it on her thigh and with his help, pushed her thigh outwards and Ulysses grunted and moaned loudly as he thrust harder, deeper and a little faster into Xena. Ulysses leaned down and kissed Xena passionate and when the kiss ended he kissed and sucked on any flesh that was available and Xena laid there and whimpered as tears of love and pleasure filled her eyes.

"You like that?" Ulysses whispered in her ear, "unnnghhhh…yes baby I love that…unnnghhhh…ssss….I love you," Xena whimpered back into Ulysses' ear and it sent shivers through his body. As time progressed they both could feel the other's release approaching. Xena squeezed Ulysses with her thighs as she ran her nails all over his body, leaving small scratches in some places while she dug her fingers else where while they shared passionate kisses. And when they weren't kissing their lips were still busy doing other things. "Harder," Xena moaned between a kiss and Ulysses moaned as he thrust harder, his grunts being swallowed up by Xena's mouth.

Harder and faster he thrust into Xena and when the kiss ended he kiss on her neck, "un…un…un…un," he grunted and moaned as he did so and Xena moaned as she held on to his back. The closer he felt them getting the harder he went and it drove him crazy when Xena began meeting him thrust for thrust, no woman had ever been able to do that, no one had ever matched him in the bed area until now. Once, twice, and on the third thrust Ulysses moaned loudly as his powerful release began to tear through his body. "Unnnnghhhhghgh," he moaned and on the final fourth thrust Xena fell over with him, the tears that were in her eyes rolled down the sides of her face.

Ulysses raised his head and looked into Xena's eyes, sharing his soul with her as she did with him. They looked into each other's eyes for a long time and when their release had finally turned into small tremors they shared a small, passionate kiss. When the kiss ended Ulysses rested his forehead against Xena's and they just laid there and looked into each other's eyes, Xena caressing Ulysses' cheek. "Are you tired?" Xena asked him after a couple of minutes and Ulysses grinned as he looked at her and shook his head, "no, you?" He asked and Xena smiled as she shook her head and rose up meeting him for a kiss and they went for another round of lovemaking.

An hour later they lay on the bed, Ulysses spooning Xena, the sheet covering their bodies as they laid there in silence in each other's arms. Xena ran her fingers over Ulysses' arm as they laid their basking in the after glow of their lovemaking. Ulysses let out a content breath as he wrapped his arm tighter around Xena then placed a kiss on the back of her neck. "You sleep?" He asked her softly and Xena grinned as she shook her head, "no," she said then turned on her back some and looked up at Ulysses. "This day has been the most perfect day in my life," she said and he grinned at her, "as it has been for me," he said then leaned down and kissed Xena softly, their lips lingering for just a moment more when the kiss ended. Xena turned back on her side, she pulled the sheet up tighter around her to cover her breasts and they just laid there in each other's arms thinking about how happy they were and soon without even knowing it they dosed off to sleep.

 

Continued in Chapter Fifteen:
The Honeymoon to Egypt

Let me know what you think.
Negative and positive feedback is welcomed, it is encouraged.
asimpson86@yahoo.com

Return to the Academy