Ab Initio

by Cruise


Disclaimers: This is a sequel to my uber story Ab Initio. The characters in this story are of my own creation and are in love. If the idea of two women sharing a loving and intimate relationship bothers you or if you are under the age of 18 please find material more suited to you. The song "Bailamos" by Enrique Iglesias (Paul Barry/Mark Taylor-Rive Droite music) is used without permission and without intention for profit. It is highly recommended by the author to listen to the song during parts of this story as it makes the scene more effective.

Special Thanks: To Mary and Laura for their wonderful advice and for sharing such a beautiful moment from their lives for this story. To Mary for her support, advice, proofreading and editing prowess. To Stoley, for her friendship and maintaining my web site. To my beloved Peruvian Princess Monica for her advice, support and love. To all of the fans who support the story and my writing. You're all greatly appreciated.

Comments: You can feed the bard at Cruise@clububer2000.com and visit my sites: www.geocities.com/cruise1313 or www.clububer2000.com


Part 2

Rayne spent the next 3 hours watching Lark sharpen her bargaining skills on many unsuspecting shop owners and only had to step in between her and one shop keeper once to keep them from coming to blows with Lark being the one to instigate the altercation. Lark took her shopping seriously and she didn't care if she was a millionaire or not...she was not overpaying for anything. Rayne had never enjoyed shopping so much and found it to be quite fun just watching. She knew it could get very ugly but it was kind of fun. She had taken that aspect of their life for granted she realized while watching Lark work her bargain. Maybe it was just that it hit her what she lost and didn't want to miss certain aspects of their life...even if it was doing something she loathed...shopping. Rayne watched Lark intently and marveled at how she was able to barter the price down. She chuckled when she realized Lark was moving in for the kill...getting HER price for the item...when she told the man he was crazy if he thought she was paying that price in somewhat of a half decent Greek translation and quite animatedly at that. 'Uh-oh...there goes the wallet back in the purse...he's done for...Lark's got her way.' Rayne thought to herself with a laugh and watched Lark begin to step away from the counter and the shopkeeper relented giving Lark the price she asked for in the first place. 'Busted...should have given her that price in the first place dude!' Rayne thought with a laugh shaking her head feeling bad for the guy because he had no idea who he was dealing with...the master bargain hunter. Rayne laughed harder and winked at Lark who looked at her with a satisfied smile, puckering her lips and blowing a kiss to Rayne who blushed. Rayne watched Lark sign the receipt and was truly captivated by her beauty and magnetism. Lark was merely 10 feet away from Rayne, but yet it seemed too far to Rayne. She needed to be near her, to touch her she thought gathering all their bags and stood up. She strolled up next to her shorter lover and standing next to Lark to feel her closeness.

"Hey, sexy." Lark replied with a smile and looked up at Rayne lovingly rubbing her muscular thigh. "I missed you." She answered with a wink grabbing the credit card and receipt before putting it in her wallet.

"Do you think you could find it in the kindness of your heart to give all of these hardworking shopkeepers a break from your gifted talents of bargain shopping and buy the love of your life...who happens to be at the moment your little slave girl." Rayne replied with a sexy smile holding up the packages for her to see. "And buy me a snack so I can carry on?" Rayne teased smiling.

"Honey...for you I think I can give the shopkeepers a break...temporarily." Lark answered with a laugh putting her hand on Rayne's back and rubbed it up and down as they headed out of the shop much to the delight of the shopkeeper who wiped the beaded sweat off his brow when they finally exited his store.

"Do you want to eat at Amsterdam's or Ellinikon?" Rayne asked standing on the sidewalk with Lark trying to make a decision. "Amsterdam's is the cafe where all the lesbians hang out right and Ellinikon is the one with the pastries?" Lark asked trying to clarify the situation.

"Correct." Rayne answered with a half smile shifting the heavy packages in her hands.

"Let's go to Amsterdam's then." Lark answered with a smile heading off towards the popular cafe frequented by many of the lesbian community.

Rayne put their packages on the one side of the booth and took a seat on the opposite side next to Lark whose hand instantly slipped up onto her thigh and rested there. Lark's touch sent warmth throughout Rayne and made her heart skip a beat with her hand moving on top of Lark's. She looked at Lark and smiled lovingly and extremely content looking into the green eyes she loves so much.

"Lark...I can't seem to keep my hands off of you. Unless you are right next to me touching me...you just aren't close enough." Rayne admitted to her blonde lover honestly with an adoring smile.

"Well, babe...I don't want you to stop touching me." Lark answered with a smile and a wink squeezing Rayne's hand tighter for confirmation.

"What are you going to have?" Rayne asked looking the menu over.

"You know me...I want to try everything." Lark answered with a chuckle and a gleam in her eye at the prospect of tasty foreign food.

"Yes, I know your appetite well. I wondered why I had such a small grocery bill when I was gone." Rayne teased with a chuckle noticing Lark wasn't laughing. "I'm sorry sweets...I didn't mean to upset you." Rayne answered apologetically.

"It's not you...it's just this whole thing is just so incredibly unbelievable." Lark answered with a look of disbelief and sadness and felt Rayne's hand tighten around hers. "I still can't believe that someone screwed up our lives like that and it still just pisses me off to think about it as much as I try not too." Lark answered angrily at the thought of what happened and shook her head in disbelief looking up at Rayne.

The look of sadness in Lark's green eyes tugged at Rayne's heart and she wanted nothing more than to take away all of her sadness. Rayne lightly brushed the back of her hand against Lark's cheek and smiled lovingly at her not sure of what to say but locked blues with greens. "Lark...I don't know what else to say other than we can't allow ourselves to be put in a situation like that again and to savor every moment we have together." Rayne attempted to explain continuing to stroke Lark's cheek lightly with her hand. "I mean...we didn't purposely put ourselves into that situation but I broke my trust in you by not listening to your explanation for what happened. I will never allow that to happen again Lark. I promise you that with all of my heart. We can't keep torturing ourselves this way baby. We've gone over this conversation before and we can't keep doing that." Rayne answered sincerely moving her hand from Lark's cheek to Lark's hand and raised it up to her mouth lightly kissing it.

Lark looked at Rayne with tears filling her green eyes. "I will never doubt your love for me again and please promise me you'll talk to me if something is wrong." Lark looked pleadingly into Rayne's eyes for the promise.

"I promise and I want you to do the same." Rayne answered sincerely and leaned in to kiss Lark and was interrupted by the waitress who approached asking if they were ready to order.

"Want to share a Gyro?" Rayne asked Lark looking down at her.

"I'm a little hungrier than that Rayne." Lark answered sheepishly.

"Don't forget mom will have a huge meal with your favorite dessert." Rayne reminded Lark with a smile and a raised eyebrow in reference to the dessert.

"Rayne...I can handle that and lunch with no prob." Lark informed her with a sly grin.

"Okay...order away then." Rayne answered with a laugh at her insatiable appetite wondering just where in the hell she put all that food in that small, skinny body of hers.

Lark ordered a Gyro and water in Greek with a smile looking at the waitress who jotted down her order than looked at Rayne for hers. Rayne ordered a meat Pilates and a soda also in Greek which was more polished than Lark's which was expected considering it's her heritage and looked back at Lark as the waitress walked away to fill their order. "Hey, why do you still have that sad look on your face?" Rayne asked with concern.

"I just thought about what would have occurred if something bad would have happened to either of us in the time we were apart. We wouldn't have been able to tell each other how much we meant to one another and that would have been tragic." Lark answered sadly.

"Honey...stop worrying about it...nothing happened thankfully. We need to make sure we take full advantage of our second chance and not let it pass us by. So, I hope you can handle me telling you how much I love you every chance I get." Rayne answered sexily smiling and leaned into Lark pressing her lips against Lark's for a passionate kiss.

Lark broke the kiss breathless and smiled lovingly at Rayne. "You know I love the mushy stuff and that I love you so much baby it hurts." Lark answered holding Rayne's face in her hands and kissed her passionately to seal her declaration.

Rayne broke the kiss needing to breathe and looked into the eyes of the woman she loved more than life itself. "Are you trying to butter me up so you can eat my Pilates?" Rayne teased with a laugh.

"Ooh, you're so good...how did you know?" Lark returned the tease and laughed.

"I can see that look of food lust in your eyes." Rayne answered with a hardier laugh as the waitress delivered their food.

"Food lust?" Lark asked questioningly laughing and began to eat her Gyro.

"Yeah, you get this wild eyed gleam in your eye at the mention or sight of food and your eyes glaze over until your food is presented to you." Rayne answered laughing.

"You should be an actress Rayne...you're so dramatic and I don't do that!" Lark admonished.

"If that's what gets you through the day believing that then go ahead." Rayne teased as Lark stuck her tongue out at her before sinking her teeth into her Gyro. All Rayne could do was shake her head and laugh harder.

The pair finished their meal and headed out of the restaurant after Lark paid the bill as promised. Rayne struggled with the bags while waiting for Lark to put her wallet in her purse. "Do you need some help sexy?" Lark asked reaching for some of the bags.

"I thought you would never ask." Rayne answered with a sigh of relief glad for the offer of help as Lark took a few bags from her. They proceeded down the street and Lark turned to Rayne wondering where their next stop would be.

"Did you want to stop anywhere? I have been so inconsiderate with all of my shopping." Lark asked regretfully.

"Yes...actually I do have a surprise for you but it can wait if you want to shop some more." Rayne answered dryly with a mischievous smile and continued walking knowing Lark would be intrigued by the surprise.

"Oh, no aah, I'm finished shopping for now." Lark answered excitedly and caught up to Rayne.

Rayne looked down at her shorter lover. "Did you really crash my beloved mower?" Rayne asked teasingly.

Lark stopped in her tracks and looked at Rayne. "Rayne...get over the damn mower! I promise I will get it repaired."

Rayne started laughing at Lark who had an angry look on her face. "What are you laughing at?"

"I just pictured you on the mower and I couldn't help but laugh. Were you really going to mow the lawn?" Rayne asked laughing harder.

"Well...yeah...I was going to try too." Lark answered sheepishly her face filled with embarrassment. Rayne laughed harder. "Rayne...you know I'm not good with things like that. Can I help it if I never had to mow the lawn?" She asked and began to laugh at the thought of actually mowing the lawn.

"Aaaahhhh, my little princess has been deprived of one of the simple pleasures of life...mowing the lawn." Rayne teased with both of them sharing a hardier laugh heading down the street.

"Rayne...I just don't get what can be so pleasurable about riding a loud, hot machine in the putrid heat with grass flying in your face." Lark answered with a shiver running throughout her at the thought.

"Don't knock it until you've tried it sweetheart. It relaxes me...okay?" Rayne replied with a chuckle and slightly embarrassed.

"Alright...I will try it when we get home and just see how fabulous it really is my little lawn girl." Lark tauntingly answered poking Rayne in the ribs eliciting a laugh from her tall lover.

"I'll teach you how before you have the mower fixed in case you have another driving mishap. Oh, now that I think about it...please tell me you didn't try to ride my wave runner." Rayne asked nervously and with dread stopping and looking at Lark who looked away scratching her chin. "No, you didn't! Lark...what about my dirt bike?" Rayne asked growing more disappointed and nervous with Lark's silence.

Lark gritted her teeth and flashed a sheepish grin. "So, you were saying something about a surprise?" She asked with an alluring smile and walked away leaving a very baffled raven-haired woman standing in her tracks.

Lark laughed to herself and loved to goad Rayne until she heard Rayne. "Lark Morgan! Stop right there!" Rayne shouted with Lark stopping and turning around to see Rayne approaching with a very determined and unhappy look in her blue eyes.

"Now...Rayne!" Lark replied pointing at Rayne laughing and saw that Rayne didn't find it very funny. She started to run away with Rayne chasing her.

"Lark...bring that cute ass of yours back here and accept your punishment!" Rayne yelled with the elusive blond slipping through the crowd laughing. "Okay...fine...I'm tired of carrying your packages!" Rayne shouted to her stopping by the trashcan and holding the bags over it looking at Lark with a mischievous smile.

Lark's laugh turned into a look of disbelief and horror and walked back towards Rayne determined not to let her packages touch the sceevy trashcan. "Don't you dare do it you sexy beast!" She yelled pointing at Rayne who lowered the bags closer to the trashcans with onlookers watching with confusion at the display. "Rayne!...no, please?!" Lark pleaded as she drew closer to her taunting lover. "I was just joking about your wave runner and dirt bike." She answered approaching Rayne.

Rayne looked down at her. "Okay...that's all I needed to hear. Did you say you wanted your surprise?" Rayne asked with a smirk and laughed walking away.

"Ooh, Rayne Donovan!" Lark pouted frustrated running up to Rayne and slapped her butt laughing.

Rayne laughed and wrapped her arms around Lark and leaned down capturing her lips with her own without one care in the world as to what others might think. 'They can BITE ME if they don't like it.' Rayne thought enjoying the feeling of Lark's lips on her own.

"Do I frustrate you that much my little love muffin?" Rayne teased with Lark laughing and wrapping her arms around her neck reveling in Rayne's playfulness that she missed so much before meeting Rayne's slightly parted lips with her own for a soul searing kiss.

"Yes, you frustrate me to know end." Lark teased through her kiss.

"I'll make sure to alleviate all of that pent up frustration for you tonight in bed sexy." Rayne whispered seductively wiggling her dark eyebrows with an alluring smile on her face before giving Lark a quick kiss releasing her hold on her leading her away towards her secret destination. "Oh, here...this is where we are going." Rayne replied when she looked up momentarily disoriented from not paying attention to where they were going, as she was too busy sneaking glances at her sexy lover.

"Honey...we've been here a hundred times...it's not a surprise." Lark answered wondering just what Rayne was up to.

"Well...today it is a surprise...now, be careful walking up to the temple. I don't want you to fall on the rocks and twist your ankle like you did the last time we were here because I'm not carrying you and your bags this time!" Rayne teasingly replied with a laugh brushing up against Lark.

"Very funny Rayne...very funny. You are never going to let me live that one down are you?" She asked laughing making her way towards the ancient temple.

"Aah, never and you can count on it tootsie roll!" Rayne laughed looking at her embarrassed lover.

"Thanks...knew I could count on you!" Lark laughed mockingly patting Rayne's arm.

They both finally made it into the temple and Lark sat on one of the benches breathless as Rayne deposited the bags next to her on the ground and sat next to Lark. "Whew! What a hike." Rayne replied letting out a sigh of relief.

"Rayne I think it's hotter here than in Miami!" Lark complained fanning herself with her hand and searched her bag for her bandanna.

Rayne took advantage of Lark's inattentiveness and pulled out Lark's surprise as her back was turned to her. She smiled happily when she looked at it and waited for Lark to sit back up. Lark sat up with bandanna in hand and wiped the sweat off her forehead and neck with it. Lark looked at Rayne who stared intently at her with a mischievous grin on her sexy features. "You know...you're really pushing it today with your practical jokes. What are you up too?" Lark asked skeptically with slight agitation and fear as to what Rayne had planned for her pointing at Rayne who laughed and moved closer to Lark before capturing her lips for a deep, moist kiss.

Rayne wrapped her arms around Lark and straddled the bench so she was to the side of Lark and deepened the kiss feeling her lover's muscles relax in her arms. Rayne broke the kiss and locked blues with greens. "Lark...I just wanted you to aah...know that...I appreciate everything about you." Rayne stammered nervously with her words not coming out as romantic as she hoped they would. Her pulse quickened and her heart raced faster and Rayne inhaled deeply to calm her thoughts.

"Rayne...I know that." Lark attempted to answer but was interrupted by Rayne who put her finger to Lark's mouth.

"Bare with me while I try to say this and not mutilate it too badly." Rayne answered with a chuckle and a grin removing her finger from Lark's mouth and looked deeply into Lark's green eyes who flashed Rayne a warm, comforting smile which calmed Rayne's nerves dramatically. "The love that we share is like nothing I have ever had with anyone else...ever. Over the past week I've realized that more and I don't want to lose that love ever again. You are all that I'll ever need Lark and the way I feel when I look into your incredibly beautiful eyes gives me this wonderful feeling inside...it makes me feel like the woman that I want to be and it's the only thing that's real to me baby." Rayne replied honestly with a smile and looked into Lark's tear filled eyes that never thought she could ever love Rayne any more than she already does...until right now.

"Lark...you're my lover, my friend and you're the air I breathe. You make my life complete and I love you with all of my heart. I never want to be without you and I want you to fill the other half of my soul." Rayne explained lovingly and stood up before Lark who looked up at her tall lover with tears of happiness streaming down her cheeks. "I'm asking you here in the Temple of Aphrodite, the Goddess of Love." Rayne replied with a smile and knelt before Lark who intently stared into her sincere blue eyes. "To do me the incredible honor of being my partner in love and life for all of eternity?" Rayne asked passionately with watery blue eyes opening the small black velvet case and offered Lark a 24-karat gold ring with a Dolphin surrounded by diamonds.

Lark burst into tears as Rayne held the ring before her completely overwhelmed by her emotions looking down at the exquisite ring and then into Rayne's love filled blue eyes as she asked. "Will you accept my offer?" Smiling and held the ring out for her and looked at Lark with breathless anticipation...her heart thundering out of control in her chest hoping Lark would accept her offer.

"Rayne." Lark answered breathless unable to contain her emotions and cried harder. "It's what I've wanted since the moment I first met you...to be with you for all of eternity." She answered smiling with tears of joy streaming down her face from being so overwhelmed by her emotions and Rayne's profession of love.

Rayne exhaled the breath she subconsciously held in relief and smiled... gently wiping away Lark's tears. Lark continued to stare at the ring that Rayne held before her admiringly. "Rayne the ring is so beautiful and it's got a Dolphin on it...I love it." Lark exclaimed excitedly her heart racing uncontrollably and she realized she had never felt so complete as she did at that very moment. Lark thought she had felt complete when her and Rayne united, but no it was now that she felt so complete. She reached for the ring her hand shaking uncontrollably from her nervousness and excitement and she put her hand back down in her lap attempting to collect her emotions.

"It's beautiful...just like you." Rayne whispered with a loving smile removing the ring and gently held Lark's trembling hand with her own placing a soft kiss on Lark's ring finger to calm her. Rayne felt Lark gasp and begin to cry harder at her gesture. Rayne locked blues with greens and slipped the ring on her finger. "You own my heart baby." She replied softly and kissed the ring on Lark's finger after slipping the ring on her. Lark gazed lovingly at her soul mate knowing there was no one else in the world that she loved more than Rayne or would ever love that much. She had always known that even during the time they were apart always hoping that one day their chance of devoting their hearts to one another would come and it did...today.

Lark threw her arms around Rayne's neck and hugged her tightly. "I love you so much Rayne. You make me so happy and you complete me." Lark whispered in her ear as Rayne held her soul mate tightly reveling in her closeness thankful that Lark loved her so much.

Lark broke the hug and kissed Rayne passionately that touched the deepest part of her soul. Breaking off the kiss breathless Rayne looked at Lark lovingly who rested her palm against Rayne's chest admiring her ring. "This is so incredible Rayne. I love it so much." Lark reveled with complete happiness and kissed Rayne again. "Aah...I'm so blown away." Lark sighed happily trying to catch her breath and calm her thundering heart staring into the face of the woman she loved so much. "Is this the ring...aah...you were going to give me before?" Lark asked hesitantly looking down at the ring then back into Rayne's deep blue eyes.

"Yes, I kept it all this time. For awhile...after the break up... it reminded me to never give my heart to another until I finally realized and came to my senses that no matter what happened between us I didn't want to give my heart to another...only you. Now, it represents my trust, my desire to share my life with only you and all of the love I have for you." Rayne answered capturing Lark's lips with her own for a soul-searing kiss allowing Lark to know exactly how much she loved her.

"Do you know how much I love you?" Lark asked breaking off the kiss still unable to control the flowing tears and held Rayne's face in her hands staring deeply into her sexy blue eyes.

"Yes, you tell me just how much every time you look at me." Rayne answered surely with a sexy smile and pulled Lark closer sliding her tongue past Lark's partially parted lips seeking out Lark's tongue. which she found and danced a slow dance with for a moist, passionate kiss. Rayne sucked Lark's tongue into her own mouth for a deep passion-filled kiss.

Lark chuckled breaking the kiss. "That tickled." She exclaimed with another laugh her eyes widening. "Aah...I forgot! I have something for you!" She exclaimed excitedly poking Rayne in the chest and turned to find the bag it was located in. She looked up with a serious look on her face.

"Rayne...am I a shopaholic?" She asked beginning to laugh along with Rayne.

"Well...I'm not one to talk, but as much as this is going to hurt darlin." Rayne teased with a bad excuse for a serious look on her face and put her hand on Lark's shoulder. "You're a shopaholic babe." She answered laughing as did Lark who continued fishing fervently through her bags and found what she was looking for.

"Yes!" She exclaimed excitedly making a fist and drew her arm towards her to emphasize her excitement. She looked in the bag and moved back to her seat subconsciously tucking her hair behind her ear. "Did you see what I just did? I went to tuck my hair behind my ear...but I don't have any to do that with anymore!" She replied laughing hysterically along with Rayne who enjoyed seeing her lover so happy. "Rayne...I feel like I'm on cloud nine and I'm so giddy! I'm just so happy that I'm jumpy and flustered!" Lark exclaimed animatedly with her body wiggling and her hands flailing around expressing her thoughts.

"Well...I'm glad I could make you feel that way." Rayne answered with a laugh and couldn't help but love Lark so much more seeing the look of complete joy and happiness in Lark's green eyes...knowing she was the reason for that joy.

"You make me very happy baby...in so many ways!" Lark answered sexily with Rayne swinging her long legs around the bench and faced Lark who stood between her legs and slid her hands up around Lark's waist. "Okay...I thought this would look so sexy on you. Well, everything looks sexy on you...but this will look especially hot on you." Lark answered with a chuckle pulling out the necklace with Rayne pulling her sexy lover closer to her.

"Oh, I love Ying Yang's!" Rayne exclaimed excitedly looking at the necklace that Lark held up in front of her which had the Yin Yang dangling off of a piece of black leather.

"It's not the most expensive thing by any means, but it will look so good on you and besides, it made me think of you when I saw it." Lark answered with a loving smile leaning down to Rayne and gave her a peck on the cheek before slipping the necklace around her neck.

"Lark...you know it doesn't have to be expensive for me to like it. As long as it's from you I will love it." Rayne answered with a sincere smile and patted Lark's firm backside for affirmation.

"Do you want it to hang way down or do you want it so the Ying Yang fits right in the notch of your neck?" Lark asked pointing to the indented area where her collarbone meets her sternum.

"Make it tighter...I don't want it hanging down too far." Rayne answered with Lark moving Rayne's long, raven hair off the back of her neck to adjust the necklace for her which sent a tingling sensation down Rayne's spine when Lark's fingers tickled the back of her neck as she fastened the necklace causing Rayne to shiver.

Lark bent over at the waist to be at eye level with the necklace to adjust it. "You okay?" She asked after she felt Rayne shiver and stared into her blue eyes with concern.

"Yeah...you tickled the back of my neck." Rayne answered with a laugh and lost herself in Lark's beautiful green eyes.

"Ooh, baby...do you look good enough to eat!" Lark replied sexily wrapping her arms around Rayne's neck and looked down at her who wrapped her arms tightly around Lark's waist looking back up at her. "Too sexy babe." Lark whispered in Rayne's ear before running her tongue along the contours of Rayne's lips tasting the peppermint on them from the Life Saver she sucked on before slipping her tongue inside Rayne's mouth for a deep, wet kiss. Breaking off the kiss Lark locked greens with blues and asked, "You got anymore candy?" Running her fingers through Rayne's long hair with Rayne offering her the piece she had in her mouth, which Lark gladly accepted as Lark kissed Rayne's lips. "Thanks sexy." She answered smiling.

"Any time sweets. Besides, how can I deny my Ying anything?" Rayne chuckled hugging Lark tightly and leaned her head against Lark's chest. Lark ran her hands through Rayne's dark hair placing soft kisses on her forehead before resting her cheek against Rayne reveling in her closeness and the fact that Rayne offered her heart and soul to her for all of eternity.

"Do you really think I'm your Ying Rayne?" Lark asked quizzically glancing down at her hand containing the ring Rayne gave her and smiled with her heart aflutter from what the ring represented to her...Rayne's heart and soul. She thought about how Rayne was her entire life and that all she wanted was to love Rayne completely, wholeheartedly and to be with Rayne always and nothing else in the world mattered to her except that.

"I know it sweets. You're my light, my goodness, my better half." Rayne answered honestly lifting her head up to look at Lark who lost herself in a sea of blue.

Lark sank into the sea of blue... momentarily at a loss for words, which was extremely unusual for her. Something that Rayne was able to do twice in just such a short period of time... first, with her proposal and now with that comment. Lark just stared into her blues holding Rayne's face in her hands stroking her cheek lightly with her thumb. "Baby...you are too good to be true. You completely blow me away with your love and thoughtfulness and I want you to know that I truly believe you're the other half of my soul." Lark admitted sincerely with cloudy green eyes and leaned down softly kissing Rayne's lips.

Rayne broke off the kiss and looked up at her smiling. "I love you." Rayne whispered kissing Lark passionately ...pulling her down into her lap and wrapping her arms securely around her lover deepening the kiss. Lark broke the kiss breathless and snuggled her face into Rayne's neck lightly kissing the soft skin.

"I love you so much." She whispered settling comfortably against her wonderful lover taking in the pleasant scent so specific to her lover.

Rayne smiled and kissed her forehead before looking at her watch. "Damn! Lark, we have to haul ass or we're going to be late!" Rayne exclaimed worriedly and helped Lark into a sitting up position. "Mom will be pissed if we're late." She replied as Lark stood up and she began to gather their bags.

"Oh, yeah...mom won't be too pleased if we're late." Lark answered in agreement and helped Rayne gather the bags certainly not wanting to feel the wrath of Rayne's mom who abhorred tardiness. They headed back towards the hotel in a very brisk walk and finally reached the lobby breathless and happy that they made it back in time to drop the packages off before leaving for Rayne's parent's house.

"Rayne...I'll take these up." Lark replied grabbing all of the bags. "Have them bring the rental car around for us." Lark asked trying to gather control of the bags.

"Sure...but when did you reserve a rental car?" Rayne asked giving Lark the remaining packages.

"I reserved one when I got here." She answered grasping the bags tightly and heading towards the elevator.

Rayne took a moment to thoroughly admire her blonde lover who approached the elevator and smiled happily knowing Lark accepted her proposal of being her partner for all of eternity. She watched and chuckled as Lark struggled with the bags trying to push the elevator button. Rayne ran over to her damsel in distress. "Let me get that for you ma'am." Rayne replied sexily hitting the elevator button with Lark smiling at her lovingly and stepped onto the elevator as the door opened. Rayne held the door for her and hit the button for their floor when Lark settled herself on the elevator.

"Thank you so much...and here I thought chivalry was dead." Lark teased with a smile and a laugh.

"Not while I'm around...and considering how a beautiful damsel such as yourself was in distress I couldn't help but intervene." Rayne answered seductively flashing Lark a sexy smile sending a flutter straight to her heart from Rayne's engaging smile.

Lark smiled and watched as the doors closed with Rayne standing smiling at Lark who then flashed her blonde lover a wink before disappearing behind the closed doors. Lark inhaled deeply and exhaled with a wondrous sigh. 'Aah...what a babe...and she's mine...all mine.' Lark replied to herself proudly and happily.

Rayne checked at the front desk for the rental car and filled out the appropriate papers. She was informed the car would be brought around momentarily as she folded the papers for the car and waited for Lark to join her again. Her head snapped up when she heard an unfamiliar voice shout her name finding a group of women approaching her. 'Damn...why do these people want my friggin autograph?!" Rayne thought aggravated as the women surrounded her with the magazine that featured her on the cover for her autograph. 'I definitely need to stay in a foreign hotel next time instead of an American one!' She admonished herself signing an autograph.

Rayne graciously signed the autographs and looked towards the elevator frequently hoping Lark would soon approach her so, they could get out of there. Two women asked for pictures with Rayne and stood on each side of her with their arms around her waist. Lark stepped off the elevator and was surprised to find the group of women surrounding her tall lover.

She felt a wave of jealousy roll over her and then anger when she noticed a woman slip a paper into Rayne's pocket unbeknownst to her. Lark stormed over towards the group with Rayne moving away from them when the picture was taken and grabbed the paper out of Rayne's pocket. "What's going on?" Rayne asked turning to Lark to see what she was doing.

Lark handed the paper back to the woman who put it in Rayne's pocket. "Find your own and stay away from her...she's taken!" Lark snapped angrily, slipping her hand in Rayne's who laughed as they exited the door of the hotel.

"Ooh, baby...I like your forcefulness and possessiveness...it's sassy!" Rayne replied with a smile in obvious enjoyment of Lark's reaction.

Lark chuckled as Rayne opened the car door for her and waited until she sat down in the seat. "Well, I had to stake my claim babe." She teased with a mischievous smile before Rayne closed the door laughing. Rayne moved around to the driver's side and slipped comfortably into the seat flashing Rayne a sexy smile.

"I love your possessiveness babe and I certainly didn't know you were that possessive." She teased with a sly grin driving away from the hotel.

"Maybe I've been around you too much." Lark grinned mischievously poking Rayne in the ribs eliciting a chuckle out of her soul mate.

"I can't help it...I'm a Scorpio...it's just my nature." Rayne answered with a laugh. "Oh, we need to remember to stay at a non-American hotel next time so, we aren't bugged so much." Rayne replied slipping her hand into Lark's sending a flood of warmth throughout Lark who smiled happily.

"Honey...I'll stay anywhere as long as I'm with you my little Scorpio." Lark grinned kissing Rayne's hand that chuckled.

Rayne parked the car in the driveway of her parent's house and opened the door for Lark who stepped out of the car slipping her hand into Rayne's feeling the butterflies flutter as they always do when Rayne holds her hand or touches her. She loved how Rayne always opened doors for her...she found it to be so romantic. They both entered the house and were met by an overwhelming aroma of lasagna putting an instant smile on Lark's face...it's her favorite Italian dish...if you were wondering.

Rayne laughed when she saw the look of pure ecstasy on her lover's face. "Mom! Your favorite daughter is here!" Rayne shouted teasingly making their way towards the kitchen.

"Lark's here! My favorite daughter!" Her mother jokingly laughed approaching them and engulfing Lark in a hug.

"Hi mom." Lark replied happily hugging the older version of Rayne reveling in the warmth and compassion Rayne's mom exuded...it was so comforting and she was glad to be home once again.

"Lark!" Rayne's father shouted excitedly approaching her followed by Jayce who was equally excited. "Hey, woman...let loose of her so we can get a hug." He teased his wife breaking her hug with a laugh before her husband engulfed Lark in another hug. "I'm so glad you're here!" Rayne's father exclaimed happily as he held the smaller woman tightly.

Rayne looked on with a smile. "Me too dad...I missed everyone." Lark answered smiling breaking the hug and looked up at him.

"You look fabulous!" He answered with a pleased smile.

"Thanks dad." Lark answered with a blush glancing at Rayne who smiled and winked at her lover before Jayce hugged and kissed Lark. "Lark...I missed you so much." Jayce replied excitedly holding her tightly.

"I missed you as well." Lark answered smiling and rubbing his back.

"Honey...it looks like those bruises healed very quickly." Rayne's mother replied moving her daughter's hair off her face checking her eye that at one time was badly bruised but only showed a hint of discoloration now.

"I guess it's because I'm so happy." Rayne answered with a smile looking into her mother's matching blues.

"I'm so glad you two are back together honey and that you're happy again." Her mother answered happily with a loving smile hugging her only daughter.

"Me too Mom...me too." Rayne answered softly enjoying the comforting hug.

"I'm really glad you and Rayne are back together Lark. You're both meant to be together." Jayce whispered in Lark's ear before kissing her cheek.

"Thanks...I'm extremely ecstatic she's accepted me back into her life." Lark answered joyfully.

"Hey...little bro...unhand my woman!" Rayne teased moving closer to the pair.

"She's so demanding." Jayce teased looking at Lark with a laugh.

"You better watch out...she can be very jealous don't ya know." Lark jokingly answered breaking off the hug with a laugh.

"Are you talking to me woman?" Jayce asked mockingly turning to face his tall sister.

"Yeah...you were pawing my woman!" Rayne answered with her hands on her hips standing face to face...toe to toe...eye to eye with her younger brother.

"I know you don't want a piece of me...girlie." He answered tauntingly.

"No, you don't want a piece of me...dumpster boy." Rayne teased.

"Oh, Rayne! Stop that nonsense. I thought by now you would have grown out of calling him that!" Her mother exclaimed as everyone laughed.

"That's it Gooniebird. You're going down!" He answered grabbing his sister attempting to wrestle her down to the ground.

"Oh, I know you didn't go there dumpster boy!" Rayne answered with a maniacal laugh wrapping her arms around his waist with him holding her around the neck.

"Oh, yeah...I went there Gooniebird and you're gonna get what's coming to you...an ass whipping!" He answered with a laugh.

"Lark...come over here honey out of the way...this may take awhile." Rayne's father replied with a chuckle motioning Lark over as they all sat down at the table watching the melee before them.

Rayne swept Jayce's feet out from underneath him sending the both of them tumbling to the ground laughing with Rayne falling on top of him. She pinned him down with his face smashed against the floor. "How's that carpet taste? Do you give?" She asked with a devilish laugh as Jayce struggled to get up.

"No way...I'm going to take you!" He mumbled as Rayne laughed harder.

"Now, let's see what the possibilities of that happening...I'm a black belt and you're what...a pink belt?...it's just not going to happen." Rayne teased with a hardy laugh, which was shared by Lark and Rayne's father.

"Very funny...I'm a red belt!" The mumbled response came.

"Like I said...pink...now, if you admit that you're a dumpster boy I'll let you up. Come on...say it with me...Mom and Dad found me in a dumpster when I was a baby and I'm a dumpster boy." Rayne taunted effortlessly holding her struggling brother down.

"No way!" He refused.

"Come on Jayce. Are you gonna let a girl do that to you? I thought I taught you better than that son." His father teased.

"I thought the baby of the family would reap the benefits...all I reap is grief!" He answered with everyone laughing harder.

"Okay...if you're not going to say it than a wet willy is in order." Rayne answered with a mischievous laugh licking her finger attempting to stick it in his ear as he thrashed his head side to side to avoid it while laughing. "Say it Jayce...I'm a dumpster boy and proud of it." Rayne teased with a laugh and looked up to see her mother standing with a plastic spatula in one hand and the other hand on her hip.

"Rayne...how many times do I have to tell you to not tell your brother that? You know...you aren't too old for me to still spank!" She threatened holding out the spatula shaking it towards Rayne trying to contain her laugh as her husband and Lark were in stitches laughing.

Rayne gulped hard looking at her mother with the offensive weapon in her hand that she had across the bare legs way too many times in her youth. "Oh, shit!" She replied with a laugh and jumped up off her brother who stood up with Rayne behind him as their mother approached with the spatula and a devilish grin on her face. "Mom...he started it!" Rayne whined teasingly shoving Jayce closer to their Mother who tried to avoid getting closer to her. He backed up towards his sister with Lark and Rayne's father watching the show laughing hysterically. "Jayce...let's turn the tables on Mom...let's spank her with it." Rayne whispered mischievously in his ear.

"Okay...take the left and I'll get the right." He threw over his shoulder in a whisper.

"Go!" Rayne shouted and they rushed their mother grabbing her along with the spatula.

"You two are such terrible children!" She answered with a laugh.

"Payback Mom." Jayce answered swatting her butt lightly with the spatula laughing.

"Honey...help me!" She whined teasingly as her husband approached laughing.

He wrapped his family in a big hug all laughing and loosing their footing at once before falling to the floor laughing hysterically. "I have to get a picture of this!" Lark exclaimed with a laugh grabbing the camera that sat on the counter and stood over them clicking pictures.

They all lay on the floor laughing harder. "Aah...my lasagna is gonna burn!" Rayne's mother shouted and scurried into the kitchen followed by Lark.

"Do you need some help Mom?" Lark offered entering the kitchen right after her.

"Sure honey...can you help me with the salad?" She asked looking up at Lark bending over looking in the oven to check the lasagna and turn the dish.

"No prob, everything in the frig?" Lark asked approaching the refrigerator.

"Two words...cut throat." Rayne replied with a grin looking at her father.

"You're on!" He answered enthusiastically as they stood up.

"Come on dumpster boy and get your throat cut in billiards." Rayne teased helping her brother up off the floor heading towards the pool table in the family room.

"Okay...I've got #1-5 balls, Dad has #6-10 and dumpster boy...you get #11-15." Rayne instructed them chalking her cue stick while her father racked the balls.

"Rayne...if you call me that one more time I'm going to...." He attempted to reply but was interrupted by his sister.

"What...cry?" She teasingly asked sticking her bottom lip out taunting him.

"Stick this cue stick up your ass!" He answered growing more agitated by the minute with his sister's incessant teasing.

Rayne laughed and looked at her brother. "Don't tease me Jayce." She answered cockily setting her cue stick to break the balls for the game to begin.

"I'm going to cut your throat in this game...make sure you don't hit any of your balls in!" He taunted her with a laugh leaning next to her as she fired the cue ball into the racked balls.

She looked at her brother with an arrogant smirk. "Seems like I just drained two of your balls bro!"

"Aah...man!" He exclaimed with frustration watching Rayne set up her next shot sinking one more of his.

"Well...let's see Dad...should I cut his throat right away or let him sweat it out?" She asked mischievously rubbing her chin looking at her father for his answer who was chalking his cue stick.

"Aah...cut the pansy ass' throat!" He exclaimed with a laugh.

"You two are really funny!" Jayce answered slightly agitated.

Lark slipped through the doorway unnoticed and watched her sexy lover checking over her options for her next shot. Rayne concentrated intently on which shot she would take and Lark smiled when she caught a glimpse of Rayne's blue eyes that she loved so much. She was breathless from her devastatingly gorgeous blue eyes that sparkled from the light above the pool table and loved how Rayne moved so gracefully. It was almost as if she moved in slow motion with a sexy cockiness about her, which was what drew Lark to Rayne in the first place.

She loved her cocky, confident and arrogant attitude. It was subtle and not overwhelming which added to her sexiness and the mysterious aura she possessed Lark thought watching Rayne steady her cue stick for her shot. "You won't make that shot Goonie!" Jayce taunted his sister leaning down closer to her.

"You know what? You're right but I will make it if I shoot left-handed." Rayne answered cockily switching hands with the cue stick and smiled mischievously at her brother.

"You still won't make it." He answered as she lowered herself for the shot with her brother staring intently at her a few inches from her face. Rayne looked at her brother and pushed the cue ball with her stick draining his ball without looking. She winked with a smile before blowing him a kiss and stood up looking at her astonished brother. "Okay...I've had it...bend over!" He teasingly laughed chasing Rayne around the table with both of them laughing harder not to mention their father who could only stand laughing and shaking his head.

"Hey, Jayce! Come help me get the drinks ready." Lark yelled over to spare him any more humiliation.

"Ha...ha...I get the babe!" He taunted and ran over to Lark putting his arm around her looking back at Rayne sticking his tongue out at her before facing forward again.

Rayne flashed Lark a pouting look with Lark winking at her and blowing her a kiss as they headed into the kitchen. "Whew! She stops my heart every time." Rayne chuckled as did her father with them continuing their game.

Everyone finished dinner and cleaned up the mess before Rayne joined her father in the family room. She sat on the couch next to him and leaned her head on his shoulder slouching down on the couch. "How's daddy's little girl?" He playfully asked kissing the top of Rayne's head that chuckled.

"I'm doing great other than being a little tired from all the shopping Lark did today. Ooh, stop there Dad I want to see the score of the baseball games." Rayne replied quickly to stop her father's channel surfing.

"I can appreciate the shopping problem sweetie...your mother wears me and my checkbook into the ground when we go!" He answered with a laugh.

Rayne laughed and glanced up at him. "Well, Dad...you have to find a fairly wealthy woman so she won't spend all of your money. I would be in the poor house if Lark wasn't wealthy!" Rayne teased both sharing a hardy laugh.

"Your mother was wealthy until she went shopping crazy." He answered chuckling.

"Can you imagine Mom and Lark shopping?" Rayne asked looking up at him with a sly grin.

"No I don't even want to go there. Why are you trying to scare your old man like that?" He teased his daughter who laughed.

"If that ever happens we will both need to be in a different country because I'm not carrying the damn packages!" Rayne answered with a chuckle.

"Very true." He agreed grinning. "I just wanted to tell you I'm very happy that you and Lark are back together again sweetie. I'm glad my daughter is back." He replied sincerely with a comforting smile.

"How do you mean?" Rayne asked confused by his statement.

"When you were both apart I only saw emptiness and coldness in your beautiful blue eyes. Now, I see happiness, life and love which makes me very happy to see." He answered with a loving smile looking down at his daughter.

"Thanks Dad...I'm so much happier now that we're back together. I love you Daddy." Rayne answered with a big smile knowing her father blushed every time she called him Daddy and kissed his check before leaning back against his arm to watch TV.

Jayce, Lark and Rayne's mother...Maria were engrossed in a serious game of Phase 10 a family favorite card game. "Where are your father and Rayne?" Maria asked glancing down the hallway not seeing anyone.

"Probably watching a game." Jayce answered with a chuckle playing his card effectively ending that hand. "That's Phase 9 ladies...looks like I'm kicking your butts...only one more phase for me." He gloated with a laugh shuffling the cards.

"Well...keep it up little boy. Lark and I are making a big comeback right here!" Maria answered with a laugh and a wink towards Lark.

"Yeah...we are going to become two serious skip bitches and not allow you a turn!" Lark answered with sharing a hearty laugh with Maria. "I'm going to see what those two are up too." Lark replied standing and headed off down the hallway in search of her missing lover the one she had an overwhelming desire to be close to. She looked in the doorway and smiled lovingly when she saw the pair was asleep on the couch with Rayne's head resting against her father's shoulder.

Lark ran back in and grabbed the camera hoping they wouldn't wake up before she got back. Lark stood in the doorway finding that they had not moved at all and clicked off a couple of pics of the sleeping duo. Lark watched her sexy lover sleep and wanted to be curled up next to her. She needed to be near Rayne...to look at her...to touch her. Now that they were back together she didn't want to be away from her...she wanted to be connected to her...always. Lark walked over and sat next to Rayne and brushed her long hair off her cheek. She slipped her hand on Rayne's and lightly stroked the back of her hand against Rayne's cheek. She smiled watching her lover sleep peacefully and thought about how cute and nervous Rayne looked asking her to be her partner for life. It brought tears to her eyes and made her heart pound thinking about it and would remember it forever. She thought about how much she loved Rayne and how happy she made her feel when they were together and by just knowing that Rayne was hers. Lark thought about how close she came to losing Rayne forever as she lightly traced the slightly present bruise under her eye with her thumb and thanked whatever Gods were responsible for keeping that from happening breathing deeply to calm the catch in her heart.

Rayne slowly opened her eyes and turned to see beautiful emerald green eyes lovingly looking at her...the one's that she could drown in every time she stared into them. She smiled and loved the warm feeling of Lark's warm and tender touch on her skin. Lark's touch was so soft and delicate...as if it was made only for her and melted her heart every time she felt it. "Hey, baby." Rayne replied softly through her adoring smile. Lark smiled when she heard Rayne's silky smooth voice, which sent warmth throughout her and leaned towards her dark lover lightly kissing her sensuous lips. "Hmmm...I take it you already had your strawberry shortcake." Rayne asked with a smile tasting the dessert that still lingered on Lark's lips.

Lark giggled quietly to not wake Rayne's father. "I couldn't help myself...do you want some?" She asked with a sheepish grin.

Rayne shook her head no with a sly grin forming on her face. "No...I'd rather have you for dessert." Rayne answered softly in Lark's ear before kissing her cheek.

"That can be arranged...let's go!" Lark answered eagerly taking Rayne's hand quickly to help her off the couch.

Rayne ran a hand through her dark disheveled hair pushing it off her face and turned to see her father still sound asleep with the remote control in his hand. She smiled and leaned down placing a soft kiss on his forehead. "Bye Daddy." She whispered softly before standing up and allowing Lark to lead her out of the room.

Lark stopped in the hall and pressed up against Rayne wrapping her arms around her tall lover. "Should we tell your family about our engagement?" She asked with an exuberant smile looking up into Rayne's blues.

"I was thinking that we could have a party informing my family as well as yours all at once. How does that sound?" Rayne asked with a smile lightly kissing Lark's nose.

"Sounds perfect." Lark answered softly smiling and wrapped her arms around Rayne's neck pulling her down for a soul-searing kiss. "It's time for your dessert." Lark whispered seductively kissing Rayne once again sending a rush of blood straight to Rayne's center.

"Yes, which I intend to thoroughly enjoy and devour." Rayne answered softly with a sexy smile looking down at Lark hugging her tighter and wiggling her dark eyebrows seductively.

"Tell me again why we're still standing here?" Lark asked with a laugh.

"I'm not quite sure...but let's get going before I decide to throw you up on the pool table and have my way with you." Rayne teased with a chuckle.

"Hmmm I like that idea." Lark answered sexily with a laugh lightly kissing Rayne's lips.

"Let's go." Rayne answered with a chuckle leading her dessert towards the living room.

"Oh, you two aren't leaving so early are you?" Maria asked disappointedly.

"Yes, your daughter is tired. I guess I wore her out with so much shopping today." Lark answered with a mischievous smile looking up at her lover who raised an eyebrow knowing that wasn't the case...she wanted her dessert and Lark was more than willing to be it.

"Thanks for dinner Mom." Rayne smiled leaning down kissing her mother's cheek.

"Yes...it was delicious as usual." Lark answered hugging and kissing Maria goodbye.

"Well...thank you and I'm glad someone enjoys my cooking as much as you do Lark." Maria replied with a laugh, poking Lark in the ribs.

Lark laughed. "There isn't a food that I don't like...well, I take that back I hate liver and lima beans." Lark answered with a scrunched up face at the thought of those two nasty tasting foods.

"Oh, and I was so hoping you would make that for me!" Rayne teasingly answered with everyone joining in on her laugh.

"Those two foods will never enter our home!" Lark promised.

"Thank the Gods because they are disgusting." Rayne answered relieved as they headed towards the door.

"You used to like liver." Maria answered with a chuckle walking the pair to the door.

"No way Ma! I only ate it because you lied and told me it was sirloin steak!" Rayne answered with a chuckle.

"Well...there's no way our children are going to eat either one of those nasty foods." Lark answered with a laugh as Rayne, Maria and Jayce all stopped and looked at her. She wasn't sure what was going on and looked at the trio dumbfounded. "What?"

"Children?" Maria asked with a hopeful smile.

"Yeah...did you neglect to tell me something darling?" Rayne asked in all seriousness.

"Well...aah I." Lark stammered nervously wondering how she was going to talk her way out of that one seeing as how she put everyone on the spot...including herself.

Everyone looked at Lark anxiously waiting for her answer making her feel very uneasy as her and Rayne had never mentioned having children with any other family members before. She was afraid that Rayne might be upset for bringing up the subject in front of her mother and brother before they could tell everyone in the family their thoughts on children together. "Rayne...unless you've done something magical I'm not pregnant and it was just a figure of speech." Lark teased with a smirk hoping to play her snafu off.

"Darn! I was so hoping for another grandchild! What's wrong with you woman...get her pregnant!" Maria laughed punching Rayne in the arm the laugh shared with Jayce as well.

'Oh, yes...they bought it!' Lark sighed to herself relieved.

"Very funny mother!" Rayne sarcastically shot over her shoulder walking out the door and grabbing Lark's hand in the process. "Goodbye." Rayne drawled leading

Lark to the car and holding the door open for her to climb in the vehicle and closed the door when she was settled safely in the car. Lark wondered what was going through Rayne's head as to what she blurted back there. She wondered if maybe they were moving too fast and that she might be pressuring Rayne into something that would be too overwhelming for her so quickly considering they have been separated for six months. 'She just asked me to be hers forever and now, I throw in the talk of children in our lives even before she gets settled back into our home. I should just keep my mouth shut sometimes.' Lark fretted chewing on her fingernail nervously and snapped out of her thoughts when Rayne slipped her hand into Lark's after starting the car.

Lark looked at Rayne who smiled and steered the car out of the driveway onto the main road. "You okay?" She asked with concern and a warm smile.

"Oh, yeah...I was just thinking about how much I ate! I think I have an eating problem!" Lark answered lamely with a half smile and looked back out the window.

"I'll say...you eat everything in sight but I haven't figured out where you put it all. Well, there might be one place it all goes too." Rayne teased glancing at Lark with a sly grin that turned to her.

"Where? Am I getting fat?" Lark asked nervously looking down at her body.

"Well, honey...your big toe is pretty big. Maybe that's where it goes." Rayne answered with a laugh promptly receiving a slap on the arm from Lark causing her to laugh harder.

"My toe is not big!" Lark answered taking offense to her comment.

"Have you looked at it lately?" Rayne asked smirking navigating the car through the winding streets of Greece heading back to the hotel.

"Well, I haven't examined them lately." Lark stammered unsure looking down at her feet.

"Take a gander at those puppies." Rayne answered with a laugh and watched as Lark slipped her feet out of her shoes.

Lark propped her feet up on the dashboard looking at them. "Rayne...you are so damn full of it! My big toe is not as large as you say it is!" Lark protested wiggling the said digits.

"I know...I just wanted to see if you would take your shoes off and look! GOTCHA!" Rayne teased laughing harder.

"Ooh!" Lark grunted pointing her finger at Rayne as the master prankster once again had her.

"They're very cute though and if you would ever get rid of that smell I might suck on them." Rayne laughed promptly receiving a very wicked look from Lark.

"Rayne...my feet don't stink. Yours do though! Those things are nasty and don't even think I will be sucking on them anytime soon!" Lark laughed and put her shoes back on.

"You did eat too much because its swelling your brain and making you say some seriously silly things like my feet stink! You're crazy woman!" Rayne protested vehemently.

"Rayne...face the facts honey...they wreak!" Lark answered teasingly and patted Rayne's arm to mockingly comfort her.

"If they do then why did you always beg me to let you suck them?" Rayne grinned mischievously.

"Now, you've lost it Rayne. I never begged to suck your nasty, stinky toes!" Lark answered brushing the comment off with a wave of her hand and wondering if Rayne had truly lost her mind. 'Must have been from the blow to the head!' Lark thought looking back at her lover.

"Yeah, right...you need to fess up woman and face the facts. You have a toe fetish as well as a shopping and eating problem!" Rayne taunted Lark chuckling with Lark sticking her tongue out at her lover in response. "Ooh, baby...I love it when you tease me!"

"Rayne...you are so damn incorrigible!" Lark answered attempting to hold in her laugh, which didn't work.

"Yes...but YOUR incorrigible sexy lover." Rayne answered cockily and wiggled her eyebrows seductively leaning closer to Lark.

"Yes...my incorrigible and oh, so cocky lover." Lark answered laughing and moved in front of Rayne kissing her as she turned the car into the hotel parking lot.

"Hmmm...I love those lips of yours baby and I can't wait to have them all over my body." Rayne answered sexily stopping the car at the front door and put it in gear for the valet to park the car.

"Well, everywhere except those toes!" Lark grinned and sent a raspberry flying Rayne's way.

"Keep it up with the toes Lark...just keep it up!" Rayne threatened teasingly exiting the car acknowledging the valet with a tip and opened Lark's door for her once around to her side of the car.

"Ooh, I'm looking forward to what you have in mind for me!" Lark purred snuggling up close to her tall lover inhaling Rayne's cologne that she loves to smell tracing her finger teasingly along Rayne's lips.

"Well, let's get those pudgy toes of your moving then!" Rayne teased slapping Lark in the butt who chuckled and walked into the lobby of the hotel.

They both entered the crowded elevator settling to the back. "I don't have pudgy toes Rayne." Lark adamantly professed through clenched teeth crossing her arms over her chest and heard Rayne snicker behind her feeling a pinch from her lover on the keester. 'I'll fix you Rayne Donovan!' Lark thought mischievously grabbing Rayne's crotch holding her dark curls hostage much to Rayne's dismay.

Rayne struggled to remove the small offensive hand that refused to let go. "Lark...it hurts. Come on please." Rayne whispered pleadingly in her ear leaning over the shorter woman.

"Do you still think I have pudgy toes?" Lark asked mischievously over her shoulder to Rayne.

"No baby. You have the most beautiful toes in the world." Rayne answered sarcastically trying to pry the small hand with the vice grip on her womanhood, which only made it worse.

"I don't think you mean it." Lark answered pulling her curls harder.

"Doh! Lark, I'm serious! Paaalease let go!" She drawled pleadingly definitely at the mercy of Lark.

"Are you serious about me having the most beautiful toes in the world?" Lark asked grinning and looking over her shoulder at the distressed woman behind her.

"Yes, they are gorgeous!" Rayne answered desperate to go along with whatever she wanted so she would relinquish her hold.

"Now, that's more like it!" Lark answered satisfied releasing her hold on Rayne.

"Yeah, the most gorgeous toes in the world compared to a Camel!" Rayne teased and quickly exited the elevator when the doors opened knowing her lover would come out of that elevator like a mad hornet.

"Rayne!" Lark shouted exiting the elevator and saw Rayne running for their room laughing hysterically looking over her shoulder at her disgruntled lover.

Rayne fumbled with the credit card key and glanced up to see a blonde woman that was mad as hell coming her way. She laughed harder from the look on Lark's face and dropped the key quickly picking it up to unlock the door. She opened the door just as Lark approached and safely entered the room when Lark threw the door open. "Now, honey...can I help it if you have pudgy toes?" Rayne taunted her lover mercilessly inching back away from her steaming hot mad soul mate.

"Fine...you are cut off then!" Lark answered pointing at Rayne and swiped her finger horizontally emphasizing her point and headed towards the bathroom.

"Baby...come on...really, I was just teasing about your toes the entire time." Rayne pleaded unsuccessfully following Lark.

"Don't baby me Rayne...you ain't getting any!" Lark answered with an angry look and closed the door in Rayne's face.

"Damn!" Rayne answered disappointedly. 'Really...I was only kidding. Ooh, she's pissed too. How am I going to convince her I was just kidding?' Rayne wondered pacing the floor with her hands on her hips in front of the closed door. "Lark...honey, I was just kidding I swear it! I'm sorry I teased you about your toes...you know I love them!" Rayne professed through the door with Lark standing on the other side laughing her ass off. She held her hand over her mouth to conceal the sound of her snickering and listened to Rayne plead her case.

"I don't believe you!" Lark mustered out in a serious tone before covering her mouth again. She turned the water on to brush her teeth and drown out the giggling.

"Lark...I swear it. I love your toes...they are the cutest things I have ever seen...believe me!" Rayne charmingly replied hoping it would work.

"Rayne...you'll say anything to have sex won't you? I swear...you're worse than a man!" Lark retorted putting the toothpaste on her brush and began to brush her teeth.

"Well...can you blame me? I mean, you're the love of my life and you're gorgeous! How could I not want sex from you and say anything to get it?" Rayne answered then wished she hadn't phrased it that way. 'Damn...that is going to make it worse.' She chided herself.

Lark finished brushing her teeth and spit out the water she was rinsing her mouth with. "You aren't helping to win your case with that kind of a statement counselor!" Lark teased in a raised voice.

"I know...it didn't come out right but you know what I mean! I swear...I love your toes. I'm on my knees begging you!" Rayne pleaded. 'Shit...I will do anything for sex...I'm friggin groveling for it!' Rayne told herself in disbelief from her behavior shaking her head. 'I'm whipped!' She conceded in disbelief.

'Hmmm, begging. On her knees no less...gotta love it!' Lark thought with a mischievous smile finishing nature's call and stood up. 'You know...I can't believe that Rayne just simply dismissed the conversation about children like that at her mom's.' Lark thought slightly peeved about it and turned the water on to wash her hands. 'I should be glad but she could have mentioned something about it on the way back here.' Lark washed and dried her hands.

"Honey...pookie...babydoll...do you forgive me?" Rayne teased pleadingly. 'You're sick Rayne...really sick.' She told herself.

Lark chuckled approaching the door. "Are you still on your knees?" Lark asked with a laugh barely audible to herself and reached for the doorknob.

'I am now.' Rayne thought and knelt down quickly. "Yes, dear!" She answered sweetly as Lark opened the door still possessing a serious look on her face glad she was an actress and trained to change her demeanor easily or she would have tipped the ruse a long time ago.

She looked at Rayne who was down on her knees with a big grin on her face. She was barely able to contain the laughter that was dying to come out and put her hands on her hips continuing her stare down. "I'll consider it!" She answered nonchalantly and walked past her kneeling lover.

"Consider it?" Rayne asked her voice filled with disbelief her lip curled up in the corner and turned to Lark.

"You heard me...I don't stutter. Now, go brush your teeth and I'll consider it some more." Lark replied waving her hand towards the bathroom for Rayne to enter it.

"Yes, dear!" Rayne mockingly answered rolling her eyes and entered the bathroom. 'I am friggin whipped!' Rayne finally accepted as a fact.

Lark crawled under the covers and laughed quietly hearing the water running as Rayne brushed her teeth. 'Payback is such a bitch!' Lark thought snickering harder and removed her clothes. 'I still don't get why she didn't say anything about children.' Lark thought and felt the covers move as Rayne's naked body crawled in close to hers.

Rayne put her arm under Lark and pulled her up on top of her as she lay on her back. "I'm sorry." She replied hugging Lark who lay comfortably and quietly on Rayne wondering how she should approach the subject of wanting to have children...soon...very soon.

'Will she get pissed? Or will she accept it gladly? She always said she wanted them with me...does she still? Or does she want to wait?' Lark questioned herself unmercifully and felt Rayne's hand under her chin.

Rayne lifted her chin and looked into the green eyes she loved so much. "Are you still mad at me?" She asked worriedly.

"Nah, I forgave you when I went into the bathroom!" Lark answered swiping her hand to emphasize her point.

"You made me gravel on my hands and knees for nothing?" Rayne asked slightly irritated and embarrassed.

"Payback Rayne...Payback...besides, it was funny!" Lark laughed.

Rayne scrunched up her face. "Yeah, really funny!" She answered sarcastically and noticed the distracted look in Lark's eye. "What's bothering you Lark?" She asked lightly caressing Lark's bare back enjoying the feeling of her soft skin under her palms.

Lark looked at her with a half smile. "Can't put anything past you can I?" She asked with a chuckle.

"Nope...what's going on?" Rayne asked lightly stroking the worry wrinkles on Lark's forehead with her thumb.

"Well...I aah...was thinking and did mention something earlier at your mom's." Lark stammered hesitantly and held her hand up in front of her gazing down at the ring Rayne gave her momentarily distracted. 'She loves me...she won't be mad.' Lark reassured herself.

"Come on...out with it Lark." Rayne smiled reassuringly smoothing out Lark's eyebrows with her thumb.

"Well...Rayne...please tell me if you're totally against what I have to say. I want you to tell me the truth...promise me?" Lark asked finding it hard to look Rayne in the eyes for fear of rejection and lightly circled the still present bruise on Rayne's bare chest.

"I promise." Rayne answered softly and moved Lark's chin up to look her in the eye. "Now, tell me what's going on." Rayne answered with growing concern.

"You know when I mentioned children at your mom's and our dream of having children? Do you still want that?" Lark asked hesitant of Rayne's reaction.

"Yes, I do. Why do you ask?" Rayne asked with wonderment seeing the twinkle in Lark's eyes from her answer.

"I want to make that dream a reality and I was wondering what you thought about it."

Rayne's heart beat excitedly at the thought of having a child in their life. "I absolutely love the idea Lark." Rayne answered assuredly smiling running her fingers through Lark's hair and thought admiringly about how Lark would make such a wonderful mother. "I'll talk to Shayan and find out what we need to do to adopt a child and he can draw up the papers drawn for us." Rayne answered kissing Lark.

Lark broke the kiss. "That's not what I meant Rayne. I want to have our baby." Lark answered with optimistic confidence moving up on Rayne looking down into her blue eyes.

"Are you sure that's what you want Lark? Are you at a point in your career were you can do that?" Rayne asked staring into Lark's green eyes searching for sincerity and any hesitation that Lark really didn't want this, which she only found sincerity there.

"I could care less about what it does to my career Rayne. I want us to fulfill our dream of having children and I want to have our baby." Lark answered surely pointing to herself.

" I've never been so sure about anything in my life. Well, except for one other thing...my love for you." Lark answered honestly and lovingly ran her fingers through Rayne's hair whose hands continued to lightly caress her back.

Rayne's heart pounded in her chest thrilled that Lark was willing to go through the labors of childbirth for their dream to come true. Rayne couldn't describe how she felt...she guessed it was pride, happiness, and love. She wasn't sure but she knew it made her feel incredible inside and didn't think she could love Lark anymore than she already does until now. Her blue eyes filled with tears of joy and kissed Lark passionately to let her know just exactly what she felt about the subject. Rayne broke the kiss realizing that no matter how much she wanted to help produce a child with Lark...it just wasn't feasible which saddened her. "Well, Lark...as many skills as I possess that is one I just don't have...to help create the baby. I would love to be able to do that for you. I really would." Rayne answered sadly.

"I understand that honey, but we talked about this before and about asking one of your brother's so the baby would look like both of us." Lark answered worried by Rayne's change in demeanor.

Rayne's sadness consumed her and she felt a wave of jealousy rush over her at the thought that one of her brother's could give that to Lark but she couldn't...it was something she would love more than anything to be able to do. Her heart pounded uncontrollably and the lump in her throat swelled when she thought about how the baby would not really be hers but truly her brother's child. Rayne was on the verge of crying and didn't want to do that in front of Lark. She had to get up and not talk about this anymore...it upset her too much and sat up on her elbows. "Uhmmm, we could do that if you want." She answered evasively. "I have to go take my medicine." Rayne answered lamely slipping out from underneath Lark knowing she didn't want to show the emotions that overwhelmed her in front of Lark.

Rayne walked away from the bed, leaving Lark befuddled and bewildered by her reaction. "Rayne!" Lark replied watching her tall lover stride without her usual cocky swagger, instead her shoulders sagged lost in thought disappearing into the kitchen. Rayne opened the refrigerator and looked in her tears burning her blue eyes. She grabbed a bottle of water and walked to the sliding glass door leaning against it with one hand, sipping her water with the other looking out over the well-lit city. The tears flowed harder thinking about how much she wanted to help create a baby with the woman she loved more than life itself. She had thought about having a baby herself but decided that just wasn't her bag and if a child was to be apart of her life it would be through an adoption or if Lark had it. Rayne felt Lark's arms wrap comfortingly around her waist and felt Lark's soft kiss against her back, which calmed her slightly, but the tears still fell. Rayne wiped them away when she felt Lark move around to face her and saw that Rayne was crying. "Baby what's wrong? Do you not want to have children with me?" Lark asked worriedly wiping away Rayne's tears.

"No Lark, you know how much I love and want children with you. I'm just being stupid." She answered sadly sniffing back her tears looking down shamefully at the water bottle scratching the label trying to avoid making eye contact with Lark.

"Why do you think you're being stupid?" Lark asked softly and lifted Rayne's chin to look into her blue eyes.

"Because I'm jealous and I feel left out...just stupid." Rayne answered regretfully avoiding eye contact from her embarrassment by the way she was acting but knew she couldn't discard her emotions and how she felt.

"Why would you feel that way Rayne?" Lark asked distraught over how upset Rayne was.

"Because Lark!" Rayne sputtered out in frustration looking up at Lark. "The one thing in this world that I would love nothing more to give you is a child but I can't! The baby will be part yours and my brother's not from me. That's why I feel that way." Rayne exclaimed frustrated and hurt, wiping the tears off her face turning her back to Lark.

Lark put her hand on Rayne's back and rubbed it lightly to calm her and circled in front of her naked lover. Lark put her hands on Rayne's waist and looked up into stormy blue eyes as Rayne fought to hide her feelings. "Honey...the baby will be part of you. Why do you think I want one of your brothers's to do this? The three of you could pass for triplets for god's sake! Look at Brandon...his features are so similar to yours that people would have a hard time believing he's not your son. Am I right?" Lark asked confident she was correct and saw Rayne concede shaking her head in agreement. Lark wrapped her arms around Rayne tightly pressing her ear against Rayne's chest and listened as her rapid heartbeat slowed to a steady beat. Rayne wrapped her arms around Lark and kissed the top of her head realizing just how ridiculous she was being about everything. Lark broke the hug slipping her hand into Rayne's larger one and led her back to bed. Lark crawled on top of her lover assuming her favorite position and looked down into her calm blues. "Do you feel better about it now?"

"A little...thanks." Rayne answered with an attempt at a reassuring smile.

"Honey...come on. Our only other option is to get an outside donor and I want our baby to have those sexy dark features of yours that I love so much." Lark smiled adoringly and lightly kissed Rayne to reassure her.

"I'll be okay once we get everything started. I just want you to know that I would love to be able to give you that gift if I could." Rayne answered sighing still disappointed that she couldn't and lightly stroked Lark's short hair.

"That means more to me than you'll ever know and it makes me feel so incredible inside to hear you say that honey, but please remember...the baby will be a part of you because you and you're brothers are all apart of one another.

"Let's just hope the baby doesn't inherit Jayce's poor financial habits." Rayne teased with a chuckle trying to lighten the mood.

"Do you want Jayce to be the donor?" Lark asked smiling excited that Rayne was feeling more comfortable about everything.

"He would be the more logical choice. We can ask both but I think Holly might feel uncomfortable about Shay being the donor." Rayne explained rubbing her hands up and down Lark's naked back.

"I can't wait! I'm really excited about this!" Lark exclaimed with a glowing smile and kissed Rayne. "I can't wait to have the baby and to see how gorgeous it will look with dark hair and blue eyes." Lark answered her small smile growing in intensity with the thought.

"What happens if the baby has blonde hair and green eyes like I want?" Rayne asked with a smile.

"I'll be happy too but I just love those blue eyes and would love our baby to have them." She answered dreamily kissing Rayne's chin.

"Well, I would love to see our baby have beautiful emerald green eyes that I would lose myself in every time I looked into them...just like I do with yours."

"Aah...that's so sweet." Lark answered with a blushing smile and kissed Rayne. "Baby...I want you to be apart of every aspect of the pregnancy and delivery." Lark informed Rayne excitedly breaking the kiss.

"I'm looking forward to it Lark...I really am. This means more to me than you will ever know...thank you." Rayne answered softly and lovingly her blue eyes watering and capturing Lark's lips for a passionate, soul-searing kiss, letting Lark know just how much she loves her.

"I love you so much Rayne and I want to make our dream come true honey." Lark answered smiling with a gleam in her eye at the prospect of having a child in their life...their own child.

Rayne's heart raced from joy and happiness that Lark...the woman she loves so much was going to do something so very special like that for the both of them. She had never been with another woman who would have made such a sacrifice like that despite the fact that she loved Karen...her deceased lover very much she never considered having children with her. As deep as their love for one another was it never came close to what she shares with Lark. She was glad they had a second chance with one another and couldn't imagine...actually refused to imagine her life without Lark. She had done that for six torturous months and would never allow that to happen ever again...no matter what the circumstances were. 'She's not getting rid of me even after I breathe my last breath...she'll always have my heart, body and soul!' Rayne thought passionately about her feelings for Lark. Rayne engulfed Lark in a hug and held her tightly reveling in her softness and her specific scent that made her feel so warm and loved. She loved having Lark in her arms...she made her feel so special, so loved and the feeling was wonderful. Rayne held Lark tighter kissing her cheek repeatedly as Lark lifted her head up to look at Rayne with a big smile.

"I'm so happy baby." Lark answered kissing her lover passionately and briefly...too briefly and breaking the kiss much to Rayne's disappointment. "Rayne...I want our baby to have your last name...is that okay with you?"

Rayne's heart skipped a beat and her breath escaped her momentarily that Lark wanted the baby to have her name overwhelming her again. "Honey...I aah...don't know what to say other than that's wonderful and perfectly fine with me but don't you want the baby to have your last name? I mean, you're an only child and I thought you would like to have your family name carried on through our child." Rayne answered her hands roaming freely along Lark's back.

"I never thought about that...it would be nice but we could have two children. One with your last name and one with mine." She answered excitedly with a smile.

"Two huh?" Rayne asked with a chuckle.

"You don't want two?" Lark asked disappointedly.

"It doesn't matter to me how many we have I just worry about the toll it will take on you considering you will be the one having the children."

"You're right...okay...two is the limit then." Lark chuckled.

"Oh, I just thought of something. Do we have to get a minivan now that we'll be having kids because I don't think I can picture myself driving one." Rayne asked with a laugh.

"No way!...no minivans in our household!" Lark answered sharing a laugh with Rayne. "We'll get a sport utility vehicle...a safe one." Lark made sure to point out. "That's big enough for our family...maybe a Durango or a Lincoln Navigator." Lark answered smiling happily realizing she would have the family she always wanted to have.

"Babe...you are glowing you're so excited." Rayne answered lovingly and with happiness seeing the joy in Lark's green eyes.

"I am Rayne...we are going to have a family! Our own family, you and me. That just excites me to no end and I'm so happy. I couldn't be any happier!" She exclaimed with tears of happiness filling her green eyes.

"I love to seeing so happy babe." Rayne answered her small smile spreading across her fine features larger lightly stroking her blonde lover's short locks. "Uhmmm I've never wanted to share something so wonderful as this with anyone other than you Lark. You have made my life so happy and so complete that I just don't know how else to thank you other than just loving you completely and offering you my heart...my soul." Rayne answered honestly sealing her declaration with a soul-searing kiss.

"That's all I need from you." Lark answered happily through her kiss and deepened it.

Rayne thought about how happy Lark has made her and how much she loved her. She turned her head, kissing Lark more passionately thinking about how she would feel having a baby in their life and how she knew Lark would spoil the baby. She broke the kiss smiling and looked at Lark. "What are you thinking about? You have a mischievous look on your face." Lark wondered skeptically and lightly kissed Rayne's nose.

"I was just thinking about how much you're going to spoil the baby."

"Me?!...I know you will spoil her more than me!" Lark protested laughing.

"Her? Her?" Rayne teased with a laugh.

"Yes...a darling little girl to take after her mom...you. Why? Do you want a boy?"

"Well...with you as her mommy she might be too much of a princess." Rayne teasingly laughed with Lark tickling her from the comment.

"Hey, so what if she's a princess like me?"

"Nothing...I love you despite your royalty." Rayne answered with a laugh fending off the small hands that were tickling her ribs.

"You are so bad Rayne Donovan!" Lark answered laughing and shaking her head. "I can't wait to go shopping for baby clothes!"

"Lark...you can't wait to go shopping for anything! Oh, please tell me you aren't going to put her in frilly little dresses!" Rayne asked scrunching her face in protest to them.

"Yes! She will look adorable...just like you do in a dress." Lark answered smiling.

"Yeah...well, I only wear dresses when absolutely necessary. I hate those things."

"I happen to think you look absolutely stunning in a dress particularly that black perfectly fitting low cut cocktail dress of yours that shows off that fabulous body." Lark smiled fondly picturing Rayne in the said dress and wiggled her eyebrows seductively.

"Oh, you like that one huh?" Rayne asked with a chuckle and a raised eyebrow of her own.

"Oh, yes...a lot, as a matter of fact." Lark answered seductively. "Especially, how it reveals that sexy cleavage of yours." Lark purred smiling mischievously softly kissing Rayne's chest between her breasts heightening her arousal.

"Hmmm maybe I'll wear it to mow the lawn and it might give you more of an interest in mowing the lawn."

Lark looked up and laughed. "I would definitely be interested if you wore that dress to mow the lawn."

Rayne laughed. "You know our little princess or prince." Rayne paused with her eyebrow raised and a smirk. "Will have many skills and one of them will be the fine art of mowing the lawn." Rayne teasingly laughed.

"She or he can do what ever they want too." Lark answered grinning happily.

"Just promise me no stupid looking hats if it's a girl."

"Oh, but some of them are so cute!" Lark exclaimed with a laugh.

"Okay...but definitely no bows!" Rayne answered adamantly.

"Deal...I can't stand bows unless of course, one is on you as my present." Lark teased seductively nibbling on Rayne's neck sending a flush of warmth straight to her lover's sex.

Rayne's pulse quickened. "Hmmm, that feels so good." She moaned in delight.

Lark's tongue traveled up Rayne's neck to her ear and traced the contours before whispering. "I want you." And pressing her sex against Rayne's sending a throbbing sensation to her center.

"Then take me." Rayne answered sexily grasping Lark's firm backside, which gasped and lifted her head up to kiss Rayne.

The sultry response sent Lark's passions souring and was ready for a romp through ecstasy with her dark, passionate lover. Her mouth craved for Rayne's tongue capturing it and satisfying her craving. Rayne's hands pressed against Lark's upper back deepening the burning kiss both breathing heavily. They broke the kiss breathless and resumed the searing kiss their desire for one another escalating. Rayne's hand traveled down Lark's back resting on her backside and guided her pelvis into a rocking motion desperate to feel Lark's sex grind against her own.

"Oh, baby...you absolutely drive me crazy." Lark moaned breathless her heart beating wildly in her chest and sank her teeth in Rayne's neck then sucked the soft skin alternating bites and kisses.

"Lark...I friggin love that...keep it up baby...please don't stop." Rayne moaned her voice conveying her delight. Rayne held the back of Lark's neck gently guiding her along her neck where she wanted the next bite to land. Rayne's head moved back in reaction each time to Lark's teeth sinking into her heated skin and from the feel of Lark's soft, moist lips against her neck. "Touch me baby...I need to feel you inside me." Rayne replied her voice throaty with desire for her blonde lover's touch.

Lark's tongue traveled down between Rayne's breasts then moved her mouth to the hard, dark nipple before her capturing it in her mouth. Rayne's deep breathing intensified as did her already racing heart and her center ached for Lark's touch. She placed her hand over Lark's hand slowly guiding it down her long, muscular body stopping between her legs spreading them wide for Lark. Lark moved to the side straddling Rayne's thigh and began stroking her wet, hot swollen nub that begged for her attention. "Yes, baby...that feels so good." Rayne breathlessly replied moving her hips up and down matching Lark's motions with her hand. Rayne slid her hand under Lark who moved her mouth to lavish Rayne's other breast with attention and gasped when she felt Rayne's fingers glide across her slick clit.

"Aah...ooh, baby." She softly moaned gently sucking the nipple in her mouth. The sound of Lark's soft sensuous voice sent a shiver down Rayne's body stopping where the throbbing persisted.

"Lark...go inside me honey." Rayne whispered gasping when she felt Lark enter her wet opening. "Oh, yes...you feel so good." She moaned loudly her words an aphrodisiac to Lark who's throbbing between her own legs intensified and moved her hips faster against Rayne's hand. Rayne slipped two long, slender fingers inside Lark reacting to her lover's desire feeling her slick walls close tightly around her fingers. "Lark...I love to feel how you wrap so tightly around my fingers and how dripping wet you always are for me." Rayne answered in a low sensuous voice feeling Lark's lips press against her own.

Lark thrust her tongue deeply in Rayne's mouth exploring everything about it rhythmically thrusting her hips against her passionate lover her body demanding release. Lark broke the kiss gasping for air tilting her head back with her eyes closed and panting desperately for air. Rayne nibbled on the soft skin of Lark's neck rocking her hips up and down faster... her arousal mounting. She felt Lark's walls tighten then release around her fingers and knew she was ready to climax. Rayne moved her fingers in and out of Lark faster matching her thrusting movements with her hips and felt her pause then pull away and push Rayne's fingers deep inside of her. "Oh, yes! Rayne, please don't stop!" Lark shouted breathing heavily.

Rayne's fingers moved faster and Lark's hips bucked back and forth her fingers thrusting in and out of Rayne at the same time. "Come with me baby." Rayne whispered seductively capturing Lark's lips with her own sending them both over the edge greeting pure ecstasy at the same time.

"Yes...Oh, Rayne...aaahhh...baby, I love you so much!" Lark moaned loudly her body shuddering against Rayne's, which did the same from one powerful orgasm after the next rolling over both of their bodies simultaneously.

Rayne grabbed Lark behind her neck and pulled her down thrusting her tongue deeply in her mouth kissing her passionately feeling her body's release begin to calm. She wrapped her arms tightly around Lark breaking the kiss and feeling the hot breath of her lover against her neck where she rested. "Lark...the things you to do me baby...are so incredible." Rayne whispered in her ear lightly kissing her cheek reveling in the wonderful feeling that consumed her having her lovely soul mate in her arms.

They lay pressed against one another content to revel in their ecstasy in complete silence, which only their heavy breathing broke. Neither relinquished their hold on one another or even wanted to once their breathing leveled off to a soft whisper and their hearts beat as one. Lark sat up and locked greens with blues smiling contentedly placing a sweet and very satisfying kiss on Rayne's lips. Rayne smiled happily running her fingers through the love of her life's short hair.

"What are you thinking about Rayne Donovan?" Lark asked smiling mischievously.

Rayne's hands stopped stroking Lark's hair and rested on Lark's bare, sweaty back smiling at the lovely sight before her. "I was just thinking about how enamored I am with you and about how much I love you." Rayne answered lovingly and kissed Lark.

Lark gazed at her sexy partner silently momentarily at a loss for words. Rayne simply blew her away and was making a habit of doing it the past few days with her honesty, sincerity and her proclamations of eternal love. "Rayne...you simply overwhelm me." Lark mustered and sighed happily. "I hope you know ...really know how much I love you. Every time I think I can't love you anymore you do something that negates that thought. I have so much love in my heart for you that it's just overwhelming." Lark answered totally blown away.

Rayne smiled adoringly and wasn't sure how to respond instead, opting for a soul searing kiss. "You do the same to me baby." She whispered through her kiss and deepened it holding her smaller lover tighter in her arms reveling in the warmth she exuded.

They were both lost in their thoughts of one another to realize the phone had been ringing. They broke their kiss smiling and began to kiss again when Rayne's cell phone went off. "What the hell!" Rayne exclaimed out of sheer frustration from the intrusion breaking the kiss and reached for her phone. She clicked the phone on before putting it to her ear with Lark assaulting her neck with soft kisses. "Yeah!" She answered agitatedly from the intrusion. "What?!" She exclaimed her voice changing in reflection from frustration to fear her heart sinking from what she heard on the other end.

Lark's head shot up looking at Rayne when she heard the fear and distress in Rayne's voice, which was confirmed when she saw the same in her blue eyes. "Okay...we'll meet you right away." She answered softly and stunned sitting up with Lark moving off of her filled with concern. Rayne clicked the phone off and looked at Lark with an anguished look on her face. "Lark...we have to leave...its not good news." She answered with a horrified look on her face that scared the hell out of Lark.

"Holly's gone into labor...we have to leave." Rayne answered with a concerned sigh and looked at Lark.

Lark could see the anxiety in Rayne's blue eyes and knew there was more to it by the tone in her voice and what she saw in her eyes. "Is she okay?" Lark asked with concern rubbing Rayne's arm for comfort.

"No it's not good. She's having complications and I don't know anymore than that. Mom sounded very upset." Rayne answered climbing out of bed and grabbing her bag to pack.

"I hope Holly will be alright." Lark answered worriedly and climbed out of bed. "I'm gonna take a shower." She replied turning towards the bathroom.

"No we don't have enough time." Rayne quickly answered. "You can take one on the plane. Dad has his private plane waiting to take all of us back so, we've got to get moving." Rayne answered urgently and hurriedly packed her bags.

"Okay...I'll be packed in a flash." Lark answered beginning to pack her own bags.

They finished packing in no time and were dressed just as fast. Rayne threw her baseball cap on and pulled her long hair through the back while Lark called down for a bellhop to help with their bags. "Rayne...I'll go down and check us out and then pull the car up front." Lark informed her somberly heading towards the door.

"Okay...I'll get everything on the cart and help the bellhop." Rayne answered grabbing their bags and carrying them to the door as the bellhop knocked.

Lark opened the door allowing him to enter and she exited into the hallway heading towards the elevator. Lark was lost in her thoughts of concern and worry for Holly. She hoped Holly and the baby would be fine. Her emotions went from being totally elated from their own plans of having a child to being very worried about Holly and the baby. Lark stepped off the elevator quickly advancing upon the front desk to check out and felt as though she was in a fog from everything happening so fast.

Rayne hurriedly stacked their belongings on the cart and quickly checked the suite again to make sure they didn't forget anything and headed out the door safe in the knowledge she had all of their belongings. Rayne too was lost in her thoughts from worry for Holly, the baby and her brother. She knew Shayan would be devastated if anything happened to either one of them, as would she. Rayne thought about how close she is with Holly and worried terribly about her health. "Ma'am this is the lobby." The bellhop replied snapping Rayne out of her thoughts.

"Oh, yeah...aah...take it to the front door please." Rayne stammered looking up and saw Lark opening the trunk of the car.

They quickly loaded the car with Rayne taking control of the car mashing the accelerator heading out of the hotel parking lot. Her thoughts were still with her brother and sister-in-law as she sped towards the airport. Lark knew how upset Rayne was by how quiet she was being. She slipped her hand into Rayne's squeezing it and felt Rayne's fingers lace with hers. Lark's touch had such a soothing, calming affect on her and she looked at Lark giving her an appreciative smile before looking back to the road. Rayne steered the car towards the hanger her father's plane was waiting in front of noting everyone fervently loading the plane. She screeched to a halt and threw the car in park before exiting the car as her mother approached. "Mom...what's going on?" She asked nervously as Lark opened the trunk for the crew to gather their luggage and grabbed their carry on bags.

"Holly was having terrible labor pains so, they rushed her to the hospital and they are having complications." She answered worriedly and began to cry.

"Mom...she's two months early...is the baby going to be okay?" Rayne asked nervously.

"We don't know sweetheart." Her mother answered crying harder with Rayne drawing her mother into a comforting hug.

Lark saw her tall lover comforting her mother, which brought tears to her eyes seeing the distraught look in her face and the tears that trickled down her cheeks. She wanted to comfort Rayne wishing she could take everyone's pain away. Rayne wiped away her tears and helped her mother to the plane with Lark waiting at the stairs to the plane for them. Rayne helped her distraught mother up the stairs and Lark followed rubbing Rayne's back to comfort her the best she could at that moment. She found it so touching how closely-knit Rayne's family was and even though Holly wasn't a blood relative they treated her as if she was... just like they did with her.

Rayne helped her mother to her seat and was engulfed in a hug from her father. "Don't worry sweetie...she'll be okay." He whispered reassuringly in her ear noting the tension in his daughter's body and rubbed her back soothingly feeling the tense muscles begin to relax.

"Let's hope so Daddy." Rayne answered less assured and headed towards her seat receiving a hug from Jayce who had approached her.

They locked blues and held one another without a word being spoken each knowing exactly what the other felt and wanted to say but didn't need to as they said it with their eyes. Rayne faintly smiled breaking the hug and patted his chest before sitting in her seat next to Lark. Rayne had a feeling her parents weren't letting on the full gravity of the situation, which worried her more. Rayne buckled her seat belt and leaned forward resting her elbows on her legs and held her face in her hands. She thought about her beloved grandmother who passed away recently and remembered how excited she was when Holly and Shayan told her they were expecting another baby. All the pain she felt when her Grandma Taye passed away hit her like a tidal wave and she couldn't control her tears that flowed freely. She felt Lark's arm slip around her back and her free hand slid onto her leg as Lark kissed Rayne's shoulder. Rayne felt the plane level off with Lark asking. "Do you want to talk about it?" In a whisper with Rayne wiping her face looking over her shoulder and meeting caring green eyes.

"No I don't...I'm going to go take a shower." Rayne answered softly sniffling back her tears.

"Rayne...please, don't shut me out again." Lark answered pleadingly lacing her fingers around Rayne's long slender one's and leaned her forehead against Rayne's cheek.

Rayne glanced at Lark loving her comforting closeness. "I won't Lark...just give me a little bit of time so I can come to terms with what I'm feeling okay?" She asked softly with Lark looking into her saddened blue eyes.

"Promise me you'll talk to me about all of this?" Lark asked worried that her lover would once again shut her out.

"I promise...I just need to be alone for a few minutes okay?" Rayne asked with Lark nodding yes in response. "I love you." Rayne whispered lightly kissing Lark and headed to the back of the plane to take her shower.

Lark sat back in the chair and wiped away her tears hoping that Rayne wouldn't push her away again. She worried about her, as she had never seen her this upset before. She wanted to hold her, to comfort her and to take her pain away...if Rayne would allow her to. Rayne stepped into the hot shower and let the water beat down on her head hoping it would soothe her emotions. She couldn't believe how raw her emotions were and she just wasn't ready to reveal everything she was feeling...even to Lark. She knew Lark had a right to be included and it wasn't fair to shut her out. Hell...that's what put them into that whole big mess with the other...supposed other woman in the first place. Rayne wasn't going there again, but needed a chance to collect and attempt to control her emotions without being a blubbery mess...that would embarrass her even in front of Lark. Rayne had an undying need to always be stoic no matter what and this was making it very hard for her to maintain that composure. Her thoughts of her deceased grandmother kept creeping in and all she wanted to do was cry or beat the living hell out of someone or something, as she was so mad about her death...even to this day she was livid about it. She wondered why this health crisis with Holly triggered her thoughts and emotions over her grandmother. Maybe it's because she still hasn't come to terms with her grandmother's death and who knows...she may never will or maybe it's because she's not there with Holly and Shayan like she wasn't when her grandmother was gravely ill. Rayne began to cry remembering the phone call she received from her mother when she was on an assignment out of the country saying her grandmother had taken a turn for the worst after heart surgery. 'A simple operation.' She remembered her mother saying when Rayne told her she would return right away. Her mother and Uncle Burt...who is a Cardiologist, convinced her that everything would be fine with her grandmother so, she stayed until the next morning. 'Wrong decision... that I'll regret for the rest of my life.' Rayne whispered to herself remembering their words.

Rayne rushed home to be by her grandmother's side but knew she was gone. She felt it; she had a dream about it. The realization hit her when she walked in the door and saw her father break down and cry when she asked how her grandmother was doing. She had never in her entire life seen her father cry like that and it wasn't even his mother...but his mother-in-law who he cried for because she was such a wonderful woman...whom everyone loved and adored...especially Rayne. Her heart was shattered...her grandmother was everything to her. They were best friends and were exactly alike. The best compliment she ever received was when her uncle told her mother that it was unbelievable how alike both her and her grandmother were. She meant everything to Rayne and when her mother told her she would not have been able to do anything to prevent her grandmother from passing on...she couldn't accept it. Maybe it was her stubbornness, her ego or maybe it was the close bond she shared with her grandmother that made her believe that if she was there for her...just simply holding her hand she would have had more of a reason to fight harder and to...live. Rayne felt as though her grandmother was angry with her for not being there and gave up. She knew that train of thought was probably pretty stupid but she couldn't help the way she felt. Rayne didn't get to tell her how much she loved her or to say goodbye. Rayne had called the night before her surgery but the medical personnel had already moved her to ICU where phone calls weren't allowed so, she wasn't able to talk with her. She asked her mother to let her grandmother know that she loved her and to wish her luck with the surgery... she wasn't sure if she told her or not. She felt guilty that she wasn't the one to tell her because a message relayed through her mother just wasn't the same as what it would have been coming from her. Rayne couldn't hold her emotions in any longer and broke down crying at the memories...the guilt, the pain and the sadness she felt at that time and now as she was reliving everything again. Rayne put her hands against the wall to brace herself and cried so hard she nearly threw up. She turned the ice cold water on to snap her out of her hysteria, which eventually helped calm her down as well as her nausea. Rayne couldn't and would never be able to forgive herself for not telling her grandmother how much she loved, adored and cared for her before her surgery. She hoped that it would get easier to deal with after six months but it was just as hard now as it was the day she died. That's the reason she shut herself off from everyone especially the most important person in the world to her...Lark. She just couldn't deal with the guilt and pain...she knew she would have to now.

Rayne thought about how her grandmother simply adored her nephews and looked forward to the birth of her great-granddaughter...the one she would never get a chance to meet. Hell, she might not get to see her niece she thought sadly as her tears flowed harder. "Gram...please watch over Holly and the baby...don't let anything happen to them...I love you." Rayne replied softly wiping her tears and hoping the dead could really hear our thoughts. She frequently spoke to her Grandmother as a prayer...you might say. She wasn't the praying type but she would ask for her grandmother's guidance with certain situations. She wiped the remaining tears and felt a little better. 'Maybe a good cry was all I needed.' She thought finishing her shower and drying off. Rayne dressed in a pair of khaki 'Old Navy' shorts and a black short sleeved v-neck cotton shirt before running gel through her raven hair allowing it to stay in the place it fell...draped over her shoulders her bangs nearly reaching her dark eyebrows.

She exited the bathroom just as Lark entered the room. "Are you okay?" She asked concerned and looked into Rayne's reddened eyes rubbing her side to comfort her sidling up close to Rayne.

Rayne smiled and kissed Lark on the forehead. "I'm better thanks."

"I won't be long." Lark answered with a soothing smile feeling somewhat left out from the fact that Rayne wouldn't discuss her feelings with her. It pained her to see Rayne in so much pain and to not be able to comfort her. Lark entered the still steamy bathroom and was engulfed by the fresh scent of 'juniper breeze' lotion that was so specific to her lover. She smiled happily knowing she would have that wonderful greeting in her life every time she entered the bathroom or cuddled up close to her lover once again...the simple pleasures in her life that meant her lover was there to stay...once and for all.

Rayne saw Jayce and her mother huddled next to their father who was on the phone. "What's going on?" She asked worriedly and saw the look of anguish they all possessed on their similar features.

"We're on our way son...we should be there shortly...hang in there...we love you." He replied and clicked the phone off and looked at his equally anguished family with cloudy blues. "Aah..the baby has fallen asleep in the birth canal." He answered softly inhaling deeply to collect himself.

"Oh, my god!" Maria exclaimed horrified and began to cry harder.

"Dad...what does that mean?" Jayce asked confused and anxiously.

He looked at his wife, his son and then his daughter. "They told Shay not to expect either one to make it." He answered solemnly with tears trickling down his cheeks.

"No!" Jayce exclaimed angrily and stood up with his own tears streaking his face and stormed towards the cockpit. "Make this plane move faster!" He demanded angrily and punched the wall in frustration.

Rayne was speechless...she felt like someone kicked her in the stomach and she felt like she couldn't breath. Her knees became weak and flopped into her seat gasping for air, which she finally inhaled. Rayne couldn't believe what was happening and she felt terrible about it.

Rayne imagined the pain and fear Holly and Shayan must be feeling which overwhelmed her. She is very close to both of them and looks at the child as if it were her own. She wanted to be there to comfort her brother and to tell them both she loved them. Holly was the sister she always wanted. Don't get her wrong...she loved her brothers and wouldn't trade them for anything, but she always wanted to have a sister and Holly was just that to her. 'Come on Holly fight...fight.' She replied sending out a silent request to her sister-in-law. Rayne leaned back in her seat her heart and mind racing with fear from the dire situation. She was taking it seriously hard...everyone was but Rayne especially. 'Shay must be beside himself. I don't know what I would do if that was Lark.' Rayne thought, thinking back to her and Lark's conversation about having a baby. 'No! I don't want Lark to be put into that position.' Rayne told herself angrily and fought to keep out the negative thoughts of what she would do if Lark were in Holly's situation. Rayne knew she wouldn't be able to deal with that at all knowing Lark would be in such distress. She looked out the window at the clouds her tears flowing freely and thought. 'A baby is not a good idea.' She told herself knowing that she just got Lark back in her life and didn't want to lose her again...especially not during childbirth...something that could be avoided. Rayne leaned her head against the side of the window resting her elbow on the armrest and her chin against her hand staring out the window lost in her thoughts.

Continued in Part 3.


Back To Main Page