Double Play III

By Cruise

 

 

 

"Cass!"Dakota shouted again and threw her legs out in front of her, sliding along her backside on the ground in front of Cass to break her fall. Cass fell safely into her arms and Dakota's momentum took them out into the hall. Dakota breathed a sigh of relief and looked down at the woman in her arms. She pushed Cass' hair off her face. "Cass! Cass, wake up."She gently nudged her, trying to rouse her from unconsciousness. She lightly rubbed her face, but couldn't wake her. "Come on Cass, what's going on?"She grew more nervous and struggled to stand with the heaviness of Cass' dead weight in her arms. She moved onto her knees and gathered Cass into her arms. She lifted her up as she stood. "Cass wake up you're scaring me!"Her tone was anxious and her heart beat relentlessly. "Jimmy!"She shouted and carried Cass towards a stretcher in the hall.

"Kody?"Jimmy looked out the door of the adjacent room. "What's going on?"He rushed out of the room when he saw Dakota carrying Cass.

"Get that stuff off the stretcher."She barked and carried Cass to it as he scurried to remove the books.

"What's going on?"He asked nervously.

"She passed out. Get me the smelling salts."She laid Cass on the stretcher and glanced back at Jimmy who rushed into the room she had just come from. She looked back at Cass and laid her limp body out on the stretcher. She moved the hair off her face and placed her fingers against her neck to feel her pulse. "Whew."Dakota was relieved when she felt her it. "What's wrong with you? Come on, wake up Cass."She gently nudged her.

"Here, this should wake her up."Jimmy offered the small white packet.

Dakota cracked the small package open and leaned over Cass. She moved it under her nose with no response and passed once more.

Cass woke with a start and jumped up from the foul order she smelled. "What is going on? Where am I? What are you doing to me?"She was agitated, scared and in a panic.

"It's okay, you passed out."Dakota told her in a calm tone.

"What?"Her eyes widened and she looked at her surroundings, trying to figure out what had happened. She tried to calm her labored breathing and her racing heart from the fright. She looked into Dakota's calm blue eyes and felt more at ease.

Dakota stared into her terrified green eyes. "It's okay Cass you are safe."

Cass stared at her and everything began to come back to her. "I have to go."She said nervously and moved to get off the stretcher, but Dakota blocked her way.

"Cass, wait. You should sit here. You passed out and you don't want that to happen again."Dakota tried to reason with her.

Cass squirmed away from Dakota's confining arms. "No, I have to go. Let me go!"She demanded and pushed Dakota's hands away from her.

Dakota relented and stepped aside. She stood staring at her as Cass jumped off the stretcher.

Cass pushed the hair off her face and looked to the floor for her backpack. She walked hurriedly to it and picked it up. She stood up and threw it over her shoulder, breathing heavily. She ran down the hall towards the elevator.

Dakota looked at Jimmy and both had a bewildered look on their face. Jimmy shrugged his shoulders at Cass' reaction. "Dude, can you keep an eye on the room for me. I'll be right back.”

"Sure."He watched as Dakota ran down the hall towards Cass.

"Come on damn it! Open!"Cass hit the button frequently, frustrated with the delay of the elevator.

"Cass, wait."Dakota shouted out as she approached.

Cass looked at Dakota and looked back at the button. She pushed it more aggressively as if it would make the elevator get there faster. "Please leave me alone.”

"Cass what's going on? Are you okay?"Dakota placed a hand on Cass' shoulder comfortingly.

Cass snapped her shoulder away and Dakota's hand dropped off. "I'm fine, just leave me alone!"She shouted and glared at Dakota to emphasize her point.

"What is wrong with you?"Dakota's tone grew angry.

"You should have told me there was a dead body there!"Cass shouted, in tears and glanced down at her hand that shook uncontrollably.

"I'm aah…"Dakota was interrupted when Cass rushed through the doors to the stairs. She had to get out of there and fast. She felt her throat begin to close and she grew nauseous. "Cass, wait!"Dakota shouted out and ran through the door. She looked down the stairwell and lost sight of her. "Shit!"She walked back into the hall and hurried towards the lab room.

"What was up with her?"Jimmy entered the room after Dakota.

"I have no idea, but I'm going to find out."Dakota was gathering her strewn books and shoved them into her backpack in a rush. "I need a favor. Can you put Mrs. Gitane back for me?"

"Sure. Let me know what happens with your friend."He smiled and moved the cover up on the dead woman.

Dakota looked back from the doorway. "Thanks man, I will."

He looked up and saw that Dakota was gone. "I promise to take good care of you Mrs. Gitane."He smiled and wheeled the woman across the lab room.

 

***

Cass burst through the door of her room and slammed it behind her. She rushed into the bathroom out of breath and kneeled before the toilet. She couldn't control her nausea and vomited again after stopping frequently on her way back. When she finished she sat on the floor next to the tub and wiped away the tears that streamed down her face. She breathed deeply to calm the nausea and the fear she felt. She closed her eyes and saw a flash of a dead woman. "NO!"She opened her eyes and stood up. "NO, I'm not going to remember!"She shouted angrily and wiped her mouth as she stood up. She brushed her teeth and tried to do the same to her thoughts. No matter how hard she fought them her tears would not leave her. She continued to cry and rubbed her trembling hands together to make them stop. She walked to her bed and laid down. She moved into a fetal position and cried harder. She looked towards the door when she heard a knock. "Go away!"

"It's Dakota. I wanted to make sure you were okay."

"Please, just leave me alone."Cass said softly and rolled over. She began to sob harder.

Dakota leaned her head against the door and heard Cass crying. Not satisfied with Cass' answer she turned the door knob and opened the door hesitantly. She looked inside and saw Brooke's bed unoccupied. She stepped inside and closed the door behind her quietly. She walked towards Cass' side of the room. "Cass, I'm worried about you."She said softly as she quietly approached her bed. "I'm sorry that I didn't tell you about the cadaver, I just assumed you knew that there would be one there.”

Cass wiped her eyes and stared at the wall before her, angry that she didn't respect her wishes of being alone. "Well you're assumptions were wrong."She snapped and inhaled deeply, trying to keep from crying.

"I'm aware of that and I apologize. I didn't imagine you would react that way."Dakota stood looking down at her.

Cass half rolled over and looked at her. "How did you expect me to react? I'm terrified of seeing dead people!"

"I didn't know! How in the hell am I supposed to know what you are afraid of? Am I supposed to read your mind?"Dakota's tone grew angry. "You asked me for help with Gross Anatomy and in that class you have to dissect a cadaver. You knew that when you signed up for the class.”

Cass rolled away from Dakota and looked at the wall. "I had no choice."She said softly.

"What did you say?"Dakota questioned and moved closer to the bed to her the answer better.

"I said I'm afraid of being around dead people."

Dakota furrowed her brows together. She didn't quite hear what she said before, but believed Cass wasn't being truthful with what she had just said. She inhaled and then exhaled softly as she chose her words to not offend her. "How did you expect to get through this class then?”

"I wasn't sure. I guess I was hoping the day I had to face one would never come. It was stupid to think that way."Cass began to cry and tucked tighter into the fetal position.

Dakota felt a pang of pain in her heart as she heard Cass cry. She sat on the bed next to her. "Hey, don't worry about it. We'll figure out some way for you to be able to deal with the cadavers."She put her hand on Cass' leg and patted her comfortingly. There was a prolonged silence and Dakota kept her hand there. It remained until Cass stopped crying. "If you are feeling better I'll head out and let you go to sleep."She moved to stand up and was stopped by Cass' hand that grabbed her wrist tightly.

"Don't leave just yet, please."Cass pleaded looking up from her fetal position. She was unnerved and felt alone.

Dakota looked down at Cass' hand on hers and felt the desperation in her grip. She looked at Cass and saw the fear in her tear-filled eyes. She shifted onto the bed and smiled warmly. "Sure, I'll stay until Brooke comes back."Her heart ached from the sadness she saw in Cass' eyes.

Cass smiled slightly and laid her head back down. She loosened her hold on Dakota's wrist and moved her hand on top of Dakota's. Dakota stared down at their hands and inhaled deeply from the wonderful sensation she felt from Cass' hand. 'What is going on with you? What is your story? What happened to you since softball camp? Why don't you remember me and our…' Dakota's thoughts were disturbed when Cass rolled onto her side and now faced her. She watched as she moved into the fetal position, still clutching her hand. She smiled when she heard Cass' light snore. She sat on the floor and leaned back against the twin bed. She tried to move her hand and Cass moved it closer to her. 'It doesn't look like I'm getting my hand back.' Dakota smiled and stared at Cass as she slept. 'You are so beautiful.' She shifted her weight onto her right hip and moved her body against the bed. She leaned her head down on her arm and stared at Cass happy that the woman still clutched her hand.

"Hello, I'm Cassandra Storms, but you can call me Cass."She smiled and extended her hand.

Dakota was caught off guard by the attractive girl who stood before her. "Hi, I'm Dakota Colby, but my friends call me Kody."She smiled and shook her hand. She felt an instant rush of warmth throughout from the soft touch of her hand. Her heart raced as she looked into the piercing green eyes before her.

Cass moved closer to her, continuing the hold on her hand. "It looks like we are going to be roomies for camp and I look forward to getting to know you better."She smiled flirtatiously and winked.

Dakota wasn't sure how she should act or what to say, but knew she was quite intrigued by the beautiful girl and was pleasantly surprised by the effect she had on her. "Me too."She said softly lost in Cass' fixed gaze. She swallowed hard when she felt Cass slowly release her hand, staring deep into the depths of her soul. She smiled when Cass did the same and stepped away from her. She followed her every move with her eyes as she watched her walk to the bed. She still felt Cass' hand on hers as she looked her up down, while Cass unpacked her bag. 'She's absolutely gorgeous.'

Dakota was suddenly brought back to reality when she felt Cass move. She gazed at her and her heart raced from the sight of her peacefully sleeping. 'Why are you so mysterious? At times, you infuriate me and others you make me want to hold you and never let go.' She felt her eyelids grow heavy. She blinked her eyes with one last vision of Cass' sweetly sleeping face before she fell asleep.

 

Chapter 8

 

Cass woke when she heard a door close in the distance. She stared into the face of her idol that lay sleeping next to her. She looked down at their hands that were still clutched. 'What is going on? Did I hold her hand or did she hold mine?' She tried to remember the previous night. 'Did this cad try to put the moves on me when I was so upset?' She thought hard and remembered that Dakota told her she would stay until Brooke came back. She remembered how frightened she felt and despite their rocky moments, how safe Dakota made her feel. She gazed at the sleeping beauty before her. 'How can you be such a contradiction? Either you're really a caring person who hides behind a façade or you're trying really hard to get into my pants.' She thought of what Brooke had told her about Dakota and her conquests. She frowned and moved her hand away from Dakota's.

Dakota felt Cass move her hand and opened her eyes. "Hey, how are you feeling?"She smiled slightly and lifted her head. She moved her head side to side and felt the crunching in her neck from her unusual sleeping position.

"Better, I suppose."She felt uncomfortable and sat up. She was embarrassed by the events of the night before and felt that Dakota had taken advantage of the situation. She rose from the bed and walked into the bathroom. She began to brush her teeth and looked in the mirror. 'I look like shit!' She ran her hands through her reddish-brown hair to bring some semblance of order to it.

Dakota stood up and stretched her body. 'I take it she's not grateful for my kindness.' She walked to the door and exited quietly. She walked down the hall quickly and exited out into the bright sunlight. 'I thought she would be more appreciative. Why do I even bother?' She ran her hands through her hair to push it off her face. She picked up her pace for the long walk across campus to her house.

Cass finished brushing her teeth and walked out of the bathroom. She was baffled as to where Dakota had disappeared to. She stepped out into the hall and looked to her left, then to her right. She didn't see her. She walked back into her room and looked out the window. She saw Dakota off in the distance walking away. The thought that Dakota didn't try to take advantage of her crossed her mind. Suddenly, she felt bad that the woman had slept on the floor all night. Her lack of gratitude with Dakota was evident. 'You are beautiful, you excite me, I want to be with you, but I can't risk my heart to you.' She stood watching until she disappeared and turned her back to the window. She inhaled deeply and exhaled. 'You need to find someone else to think about. Forget about being attracted to Dakota, she'll only break your heart.' She was resolved she would put her attraction to Dakota aside and would keep their interaction with one another as casual teammates.

 

***

"Whoa, look what the cat drug in!"Owen greeted with a chuckle when Dakota entered the house.

"Funny."She smirked and walked to the coffee pot. She pulled out a mug and poured a cup.

"It looks like she wore you out. Who was she?"Her brother teased and nudged her with his arm when he walked by. He sat at the table to eat his breakfast.

"I wish that was the case."She sat next to him at the table and sipped her coffee.

"You mean to tell me you've been at some chicks place all night and you didn't do anything with her?"He looked at her skeptically.

"Yes, things like that do happen."Dakota glanced up at him contemptuously.

"Not with my sister. CHAD! Bro, get in here, now!"He shouted towards the hall as he looked over his shoulder.

"Come on man. Just leave it alone."She rolled her eyes and sipped her coffee.

"What in the hell is the ruckus about?"Chad shuffled in while rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. He pulled the chair out and plopped down next to his sister.

"Wait until you hear this, it's unbelievable."Owen was in disbelief and looked from his brother then to his sister.

"Well, tell me what the hell is going on?"He was becoming agitated by their evasiveness. He grabbed the coffee from Dakota and took a sip.

"She was at a chick's house all freaking night and did nothing with her!”

Chad jerked upright at the comment and snapped his head towards his sister. "What? Are you kidding me? Are you ill?”

"You two are so freaking stupid at times."Dakota shook her head and stood up. She walked to the coffee pot and poured another cup of coffee.

"Cut us a break Kody. You have got to be kidding about this right?"

"Are you are in love with her."Chad looked at his sister.

"Come on, me, in love?"Dakota pointed at herself. "You are out of your mind!"She laughed off the comment.

"Well, how come nothing happened then?"

She sat back down at the table. "We were at the anatomy lab and she passed out. So, I went to her dorm room to find out if she was okay, but she was still very upset. When I tried to leave she asked me to stay so I did and that's the end of the story.”

"Is it April fool's day or something? This is just unbelievable."Owen looked at Chad and shook his head in disbelief.

"Who is she?"Chad questioned and sipped his coffee.

"It's Cass from the softball team.”

"The one that is a student trainer?"Chad's voice squeaked as he looked at his sister who nodded yes.

"So, what is so special about her that caused you to be so compassionate?"

"Come on Owen, give her a break. She is terrified of being around dead people. Are you that ruthless that you don't care about how people feel?"She was becoming annoyed with her brother's questions.

"Sorry, I didn't know she had issues with the dead, but I get the feeling you are not telling us the whole story about this girl."Owen looked at her suspiciously.

"Okay, yes I like this girl. She was at a softball camp with me when we were sixteen and…well, the problem is she acts like she might be interested in me and the next time she's cold."Dakota relented and gave into the pressure.

"Did it ever occur to you that maybe she's not gay? A lot can happen since you were sixteen. I remember how timid, shy and naïve you used to be when you were sixteen. Man, you have changed big time since then."Chad grinned thinking back to that time.

Dakota looked at her brother and thought about his question of Cass possibly not being gay. He raised a doubt in her mind and thought it might explain Cass' attitude towards her. "I just assumed she was gay."        

"That might be your problem sis. You assumed too much. If you are into her you need to find out if she's gay for sure or she might be a waste of time with your emotions because it looks like you are very smitten with this girl."Owen stood up and walked to the dishwasher to put his dishes away.

"He's right."Chad agreed with a slight smile.

Dakota stared into her coffee and watched the cream move in a circle as she swirled the cup. 'Have I been reading her completely wrong, that she's straight?Is that why she won't talk about softball camp?' She had a million thoughts running through her mind and grew angry that she was so taken with Cass. "Oh, shut up. It's none of your business."She snapped and stood up, then stormed off to her room.

"Since when? We've always been in each other's business."Owen chuckled and walked out the door to the garage.

Chad shook his head in disbelief of the way his sister was reacting. 'This is so not like her.' He shrugged his shoulders and walked back to his room to bed.

Dakota laid on her bed with her eyes closed. 'For my heart's sake, I hope you didn't switch teams. Then I would have another chance with you.' She jumped up and walked to the front door in a hurry when she heard a knock. 'Cass?' She walked to the door excited that she might be there to thank her for the previous night. She opened the door and her smile quickly faded. "Leila.”

"Hey baby. Where have you been?"She moved closer to Dakota and snuggled up to her, and then kissed her on the cheek.

"Studying."It was the only thing she could muster through the disappointment of not finding Cass at the door.

"I'm so hot for you. Take me."Leila pleaded and pressed her lips against Dakota's.

Dakota closed her eyes and saw Cass' face. She moved into the kiss and passionately kissed her.

"Oh, yes."Leila moaned and deepened the kiss. She broke the kiss and took Dakota's hand. She led her down the hall to her bedroom.

'She's not Cass, but she'll do.' Dakota thought when she entered the bedroom.

 

***

 

"Brooke, hey wake up."Michelle gently nudged the slumbering woman next to her.

"Hmmm?"Brooke opened her eyes and looked over her shoulder. She smiled when she saw Michelle's face staring down at her.

"Hey, come on sleepy head, we need to get to class."Michelle leaned down and kissed her on the cheek.

"Can't we just stay here all day?"Brooke smiled and rolled onto her side, facing Michelle. She gathered the brown-haired woman up in her arms and cuddled her close.

"It would be lovely, but coach would have our heads if she found out we skipped class."She smiled and kissed Brooke on the cheek.

"You're right. Okay, I'm going."Brooke reluctantly released her from the confines of her arms and sat up on the side of the bed next to her. They looked at each other and smiled happily. Brooke stood up and looked at Michelle. "I'll see you at practice then?"

Michelle stood up and faced her. "Well, hopefully we'll get to see each other sooner than that."She grasped Brooke's hand in her own.

"Unfortunately, I'm stuck in class right up to the time for practice."Brooke frowned and walked towards the door still holding Michelle's hand.

"Bummer, okay I'll have to wait to see you then, but you have to promise me that we'll have dinner together right after practice."Michelle stood face to face with her and pointed as if her request was a demand.

"Absolutely."Brooke smiled and leaned in to kiss her. She stepped back and stared deep into her brown eyes. "Aah, Michelle thanks for understanding for uhmmm, last night and us…aah…"

"For us not having sex on the first date?"She interjected out of mercy for Brooke who stammered and fidgeted nervously.

Brooke sighed relieved and laughed. "Yes, thank you for helping me! Ah, yes. Snuggling all night was great though."She pointed out with a wide smile.

Michelle moved closer to her and leaned to her ear. "Yes, especially with you."

Brooke inhaled and held her breath when she heard the seductive response. She closed her eyes and felt her heart race when Michelle lightly nibbled on her neck. She moved her hands onto Michelle's back and pulled her closer. "That feels so good."She said in a whisper and instantly felt wetness between her legs.

Michelle kissed along Brooke's jaw line and stopped at her lips. She pressed her lips gently against Brooke's and licked her lips. Brooke sank into the kiss and deepened it. Michelle broke the kiss and stared into her eyes, both breathless. "I'll see you later."She smiled flirtatiously.

Brooke inhaled deeply and exhaled, trying to catch her breath. "Yes, yes aah, have a great day. I'll see you later."She stammered and turned towards the door. She began to open the door and looked back at Michelle who flashed a smoldering look. She gulped hard and pulled the door towards her as she stepped. She opened the door into her foot and chuckled at her stupidity as she looked back. "Sorry, aah, that kiss just knocked me for a loop."She laughed nervously and stepped out of the way of the door.

Michelle laughed and opened the door for her. "There are more where that came from, later."She winked and snickered as Brooke stumbled out into the hallway.

"I hope so."Brooke smiled and stood staring one last time at the beautiful brunette. She ran back and planted a fleeting kiss on her lips, then rushed out of the room. "Bye!”

Michelle laughed and walked out into the hall watching as Brooke scurry out of sight.

 

***

Cass had finished drying off from a shower and walked around the room with a towel wrapped around her as she gathered her clothes for the day. She was staring into her closet and drifted off as she thought of Dakota holding her hand. She smiled when she remembered how the touch had made her feel. 'Stop it! Get her out of your mind. You are teammates and that's it!' She turned towards the door with a jolt when Brooke burst through it. "You scared the hell out of me! Is everything okay?"

"It's glorious! Wonderful! I'm so happy!"Brooke informed her with an enormous smile on her face. She walked towards Cass and stopped before her.

Cass furrowed her brow, wondering what was up with her friend. "Don't even think about pulling this towel off of me!"She warned and pointed her finger at Brooke.

"The only thing I have in my mind is Michelle.”

"That's right, how was your date?"Cass asked excited and stepped away from Brooke. She pulled out a pair of jeans and a long sleeved shirt.

"It was wonderful. I think I'm in love."Brooke smiled wistfully and laid on Cass' bed.

Cass chuckled and walked to her bed. She looked down at Brooke and the smile on her face was irremovable. "Did you sleep with her?"

"We slept in the same bed, but we did not have sex. She was so sweet when I told her that I didn't want to do it on the first date."

"My dear friend, are you an old fashioned girl?"Cass chuckled and took her clothes into the bathroom to change. She left the door opened a crack so she could hear the answer.

"Nope, I just didn't want to come across as being easy. Plus, I wanted to leave something up to the imagination."Brooke laughed and stood up. She walked to her side of the room and rifled through her drawers for something to wear.

Cass dressed quickly and exited the bathroom. "It's always a good thing to keep them on their toes."She laughed as did Brooke.

"Trust me; I won't keep her on her toes for very long. I am more in to her than I have ever been with anyone in my entire life. She has swept me off my feet."Brooke smiled and patted her chest to calm her rapidly beating heart.

Cass stared at her and smiled, excited to see how happy her friend was. "That's wonderful. I'm very happy for you."

Brooke carried her clothes towards the bathroom. "Thanks, I appreciate it."She smiled when she looked back at Cass. "Oh, damn I forgot. How did your studying session go last night?"

Cass saw the happiness in her friend's eyes and didn't want to ruin her mood. "Oh, it was fine. She was very helpful."She half smiled and turned her back to Brooke. 'If she only knew.' She picked up her backpack.

"I'm glad to hear she wasn't mean to you."Brooke walked into the bathroom and put her clothes down. "Hey, do you want to grab some breakfast after I take a shower?”

"No but thanks. I need to stop by the bookstore before my class. I'll see you at practice."Cass smiled and walked to the door.

"Okay, bye. Oh, will you grab some of those little cloth gator stickers. I'd like to put one on my license plate?"Brooke stuck her head out the bathroom door towards Cass.

"Sure, thanks for reminding me. I'll get one for my car too. Bye!"Cass smiled and walked out the door.

"Bye and thanks!"She shouted as the door was being closed.

 

***

 

"So, Kody where are you from?"Cass looked over at her.

Dakota was unpacking her bag and looked at her. She inhaled deeply and exhaled, taken by her beauty. She looked back down at her bag, frightened by how this woman made her feel. "I'm from Daytona Beach. And you?"She glanced over at her and sat on the bed.

"I bet it's a lot of fun growing up in Daytona and I'm sure it's much warmer than Ogunquit Maine, where I'm from."She chuckled.

Dakota laughed. "I would imagine so, but I'm sure Maine has some great points other than the cold weather. Like aah, lobsters, yeah you have great lobsters."She knew nothing about Maine except that they were notorious for lobsters and cold weather. 'She makes me so nervous.' She smiled shyly as she looked at her. Her heart raced faster when Cass walked towards her.

She stopped in front of her and looked down smiling flirtatiously. "Yes, we are famous for our lobsters and if I remember correctly, Daytona has a reputation for having the world's most famous beach, the largest car and motorcycle races, spring break and beautiful women such as you."

Dakota chuckled and smiled bashfully. "I see that Maine has more than lobsters, they too have beautiful women."

"Not one's as pretty as you Dakota. Do you have a girlfriend?"She asked softly, staring into the enticing blues before her.

"No, but I'm looking."She smiled flirtatiously.

Dakota's thoughts were interrupted when Leila exited the bathroom and asked, "What are you thinking so intently about?"She stared at Dakota who lay staring out of the clear window above her

Dakota was disappointed her thoughts of Cass were interrupted as she looked at the clouds through the window. She wished she were lying in her arms.

She turned her head to the side when she felt a pressure next to her on the bed and was disappointed. She looked at Leila who stared at her. "What?”

"Didn't you hear me?”

"No, what did you say."She sneered, looking at Leila. 'What the hell was I thinking about being with her last night?' She regretted her choice for a sleeping partner.

"I asked what you were thinking so intently about. Or should I ask, who were you thinking so intently about? Was it that new girl on your team? What's her name? Candy, aah Cory."She knew Dakota was lying to her about the previous night and felt a wave of jealousy consume her. 'She was probably with that little tart I had an argument with at Fat Tuesday's.'

Dakota looked at her scornfully and sat up. "You know her name is Cass and she is also none of your business."Her tone was stern and her look was even colder. She slid past her on the bed and stood up. She walked to the window and stared out.

Leila stared angrily at Dakota who stood naked with her back turned to her. "The hell it is. I have a right to know who you're thinking about."She stood up and walked towards her.

Dakota's anger with her questions brewed deep within and she turned to face her. "What makes you think you have a right to know who I'm thinking about? We have no attachments.”

"We've been seeing each other for four years that should entitle me to know what is going on."Leila's tone was angry.

"It entitles you to nothing. How many times do I have to tell you I'm not your girlfriend and remind you that we have an open relationship?"Dakota moved closer to her and stared her in the eye.

"If you're not my girlfriend then what are you to me then?”

"I'm someone who has sex on occasion with you and nothing more. That has always been the agreement."Dakota's voice resonated louder.

"But I love you!"Leila spat and began to cry.

Dakota was caught off guard and stood staring at her.

"What does that girl have that I don't? We were fine before she came along. I can love you more than she can! I love you so much!"She moved closer to Dakota and cried harder. She reached to hold her and Dakota backed away from her advance.

"I told you before there was only one person I would ever love and that was not you. You knew that and accepted it until now."She reminded coldly.

Leila's anger welled and she was insulted. She moved her hand to slap Dakota, but was quickly stopped. "Ouch."She grimaced when Dakota grasped her wrist tightly.

Dakota gripped harder and pulled her closer forcefully. Her eyes widened with rage at what she attempted to do. "Don't ever raise your hand to me again. You know my feelings about that!"She glared at Leila to emphasize her point.

Leila grew anxious from the look in Dakota's eyes.

"I would really appreciate it if you would leave."Dakota pushed Leila's hand away and glared at her.

"Kody, you don't mean that."Leila cried in desperation.

Dakota grabbed the woman's clothing from the bed and her shoes from the floor. She held them out to her. "We had an agreement that you refuse to abide by so it has to be this way."She put them in her arms and put her hand on her back, turning her towards the door.

"Please."Leila pleaded tearfully.

Dakota inhaled deeply then exhaled as she looked down at the ground when Leila stood before her. She glanced up with fire in her eyes. "Don't make this any harder than it already is Leila."

Leila stared at her in disbelief and anger. "Fuck you!"She yelled when she walked away.

"Whatever."Dakota retorted and walked behind her. She stood waiting as Leila put her clothes on and opened the door when she was finished.

Leila inhaled to keep her emotions in check as she stared at Dakota, hoping she would reconsider. "Kody."

"No, I don't want this anymore. It's time for us to move on."Dakota nudged her out the door, and then slammed it behind her. She walked to the window and looked out. She watched her climb into her car and back out of the driveway.

Leila stopped the car and looked back at the house. "How can she discard me like that for the other chick? I can't allow that to happen. I need Dakota in more ways than one. I won't lose her or the celebrity lifestyle that surrounds her."She pushed down on the accelerator and the car sped away.

 

 

To Be Continued…

Return to the Academy

 

Feed the bard at: Cruise@clububer2000.com

URL: www.clububer2000.com

 

February 2005