Disclaimer: The ladies do belong to MCA Universal/Renaissance and to who ever else has a hook on XWP. PG-13ish, Love and relaxing/hurt warning same sex between 2 grown women that love each other and are eternal soul mates so if your not open enough to have an open mind and open heart go find another story there are lot of stories out there but it's your loss and my loss for not well, wishing you would try and read it, it's a good story......... for comments or suggestion please feel free to email me at 4hobbitsroo@gmail.com remember 'be nice.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Summary

Xena and Gabrielle are on there way home and Gabrielle wants to stay at there favorite waterfall before going home sounds fairly reasonable right? Well, Gabrielle has an grizzly encounter and when they do get home Xena confronts her mother on her relationship with Gabrielle.

*************************************************************

 

Ebb and Flow

by

Jennifer Cantley aka Gabster

4hobbitsroo@gmail.com


Xena and Gabrielle have started for home and they where on a rest brake by there favorite waterfall. Gabrielle found her usual flat stone rock to sit on and waited for Xena to get Argo setteled and give her a brake from having the saddle on her. Petting her and talking to her, she loved the way Xena loved Argo wether it was just scratching behind her ears getting her favorite apples or brushing her down at the end of the day and thanking her, they have a special bond.

Xena walked over to Gabrielle facing her, she placed her hands on her shoulders and brought her in for a hug. "Xe....?"

"What?" Gabrielle leaned in for little kiss,

"Can we just stay here tonight? I just want it to be just you and me before we get into what ever it is home has to offer." Xena kisses her back, "good idea, how about I see if I can catch some dinner?" "Love it. Love you." Gabrielle said while just holding her taking in her strong hold and the feeling of her.

It was a nice grassy glade Argo was sheltered under a nice shade tree with tall grass to munch on. It was a partly sunny day with light winds. The temperature was just right, spring was on it's approach with butterflies and birds winging it's way in. Camp was quickly established while Xena sets up her hook and line she usually always had good luck catching something like trout or perch, Gabrielle was stoking the fire and getting the bedrolls next to each other. She got the wine skin and walked it over and handed it to Xena, "thanks love, your reading my mind again." Gabrielle smiles and winks and walks back and pulls her writing materials down to get some catch up time on her scrolls she got everything situated and ready to go. Just as Gabrielle was getting to go over her scrolls she glances over to Xena to see if there is any signs of catching anything just she could tell she was waiting for a strike, she could see Xena getting ready to set the line she counted with Xena silently, 1.....2......3.... then she yanks and pulls the line and the fish at the end of the line hit the ground flopping around Xena quickly grabbed the big trout and flopped it's head hard enough on the ground to get it ready for there evening meal. Gabrielle shook her head and was amazed how well she could just do what she does and so efficiently at it.

Gabrielle started writting and then heard shreek of a curse and saw Xena having a struggle in bringing in a really big fish, "Gabrielle! get over here!" Gabrielle sets her scroll down and scampers up over to Xena to see what she wanted,

"What the hell is going on?"

"Help me up I don't want to lose this sucker." Gabrielle pulls her up by the arm. "Try grabbing the line and help me bring him in."

"Okay." Gabrielle walks under the line and gets a hold of it and tries to pull it in. Xena could tell the pole was getting ready to break but just at that Xena calls out for her,

"Gabrielle be careful don't slip and fall in."

She looks back at Xena and says,

"What?" Just then of course she loses her balance and drops the line the as pole brakes and Gabrielle falls in with a big splash. Yelling out Xena's name Xena is starring at her broken pole, shaking her head, "how'd that brake?."

Again Gabrielle yelling out Xena's name, "Xena!" coughing and spitting out a mouth full of water, Xena shakes out of it, throws down her broken pole, "Gabrielle, are you okay?" "Do I look okay?" "Come on." Xena holds out her hand to help pull her up.

Gabrielle gets up and out glares at Xena, "great, thank you."

In a huff she walks over to the saddle bag to pull out a linen towel to dry off Xena grabs the one fish she was able to catch and brings it over to the fire. She then walks over to Gabrielle, "hey I tried to warn ya," she looks up at Xena with a glare. Xena then turns to go towards the fish but just then as she was getting ready to bend down Gabrielle threw down her towel and ran behind Xena and pushing her in the lake but got caught up with Xena's feet and tripped her up and she fell in with her.

Pushing up out of the break of water Xena yells out "Son of a B,,,,,,! Gabrriieellleee, whatchya do that for!" As she was shaking the water out of her face and spitting out the lake water. Gabrielle was splashing around coughing up a lung full of water and gasping. Xena started moving towards Gabrielle with a smirk on her face Gabrielle paddling backwards while facing Xena. "Xena take it easy," as she keeps on going towards her, "tell me Gabrielle why would I want to take it easy?"

"Well we were going to go swimming any way." she winces a smile, "Ya but not with our closthes on!"

As Xena approaches Gabrielle she tries to go back the other way Xena laughs evily Gabrielle knows there is know way to out swim her Xena does get to her and starts dunking her pushing her head down under water after a few times Gabrielle gasping for breath, yelling her to stop it, she pulls her up, "okay, okay I give." as Xena grabs her throat but only with a little presure, "gonna ever do that again?" Gabrielle shakes her head, "no." Xena pulls her in closer to her and kiss's her then winks at her and releases her throat. Gabrielle blows out air threw her lips spitting water with her lips being at water level and in relief and Xena starts tossing her clothes off.

"Xena what are you doing?" Xena rolls her eyes, "what does it look like?" As Gabrielle swims closer to her, "it looks like your taking your clothes off," "very good Gabrielle," "here Xe let me help you." Gabrielle helps her takes her breast plate off and her arm brazers and she helps pulls off Xena's boots which Xena just gives her a dirty look and Gabrielle mouths 'sorry' to her but she knows she's gonna have to make up for this big time for it will be lucky if her boots will be dry by the leave tomorrow. Xena grabs Gabrielle's top in the middle pulls her in for another kiss then starts to unlace her top she slips it off and tosses it but in the mud, Gabrielle sighs, "really, in the mud?" Xena then kiss's her again and takes her skirt off and it follows suit. "really Xe...?" Xena smirks, "pay backs a bitch." "oh,,nooo!" Gabrielle slaps water at Xena's face Xena's eye's got big and shakes her head and two handedly splashes water back at her and then it starts, they both start laughing and splashing water at each other. They both go in to hug each other and as they catch each others breaths they gaze at each other refocuses on there touching each other Xena leans in to kiss Gabrielle for a long passionate kiss and Gabrielle does the same back to her this continues for quiet some time.

"I think I'm turning into prune here ready to continue this in front of the fire?" "Ya," Xena releases her and helps her up on the shore. Gabrielle goes and gets the towel that she had at first and offers it to Xena for them to dry off. With Xena holding on to the towel she pulls her in tight trapping her looking into her soul mates eyes she noses Gabrielle's nose then softly kiss's her lips, Gabrielle sighs and as Xena softly kisses her lips Gabrielle whispers, "your such a brat." Xena lays her down kisses her cheek to her neck to her ear, whispers back at her, "you started it I'm gonna finsih it," with the bard looking at Xena with a wincing smile, "oh,,,,boy." But then she gets a really big smile and that sparkle in her green eyes as Xena lays the bard down on top the only thing Gabrielle could think in her head is, "lucky me." As Xena pulls up a fur blanket over them.

A few candle marks later two figures still stirring under a fur blanket a blonde head emerges and was sprawled out on top of the dark haired warrior, as she plops on top she grunts and sighs, the soul mate asked her, "are you okay?" with her face still down by her lovers ear the most she could whisper out is, "uh huh." Xena moves her body to where she could slide Gabrielle off on to her stomach and was able to change and get on her side with her hand supporting her head looking down on the exhuasted blonde.

Xena was thinking to her self hearing her lovers light snores how she has just really has gotten to be the best lover she has ever had and remembering how shy she was at first but now she almost wears her out in there love making. It's more than that though she thought to her self it's something in side so deep that we are so connected I never had this kind of connection with any one before it's very difficult to put into words even Gabrielle told me she didn't know of any discription that would mark it and to make it justified in naming it. She's just so loving in the way she makes love to me....A smile crossed Xena's lips, she licks them, still being able to taste her lovers essence and how it's seeps into her every pour of her lips she can feel a certain tingle that goes to her soul and lives in her heart. Xena lies down and leans over to give a kiss on Gabrielle's temple, "sweet dreams my love, your the best." As if she had heard her say that there a smile grew on the bards lips and gotten closer to Xena by her side the warmth of love took them on a dream scape where there souls could rest a little.

With a rustling sound Gabrielle slowly looked around to try and see what was making that noise, she sees a shaggy big bear heading towards the only fish that Xena was able to catch. Gabrielle reacted to the bear but not before consulting Xena but she knew she needed to act fast and make a big noise and act big if confronted by a big animal, I was told that once, so that is was she did it diffenatley got the bears attention but not the right way the bear wasn't going to give up the fish with out a fight but neither was the hungeriest bard on the planet. When the bear stood on it's hind legs in attack mode Gabrielle's eye's got wide, "oh...oh..." she starts walking backwards while the bear growled which woke up Xena not believing what she was seeing Gabrielle facing a bear, "Gabrielle!" She made the mistake of looking back to Xena the bear started to attack and was able to smack Gabrielle across the face and chest with his claws knocking her back a couple of feet having a big tree stopping her and with Gabrielle now on her back hurt Xena jumped up and found her staff and Xena twirled the staff infront of the bear the bear again growled and Xena did her yell and got the opening and smacked the bear over the head with one hit then punched him in the nose that was eough to have the bear give up the fight but not the fish so it grabbed it and loped away with the fish tail sticking out of it's mouth.

Xena watches the bear and grunts that she sees that he got there food source but then hears Gabrielle moaning and runs over to Gabrielle and she sees fresh claw marks across her face and shoulder along with a bloody nose from the hit from the bears backhanding her. Gabrielle was already coming too but was in pretty sever pain, "Don't move Gabrielle," Gabrielle leaned off from the tree and rolled over forward rolling landing on her side. "Easy, take it easy." With a moan and wincing in pain, "Xena," nothing but wincing in dire pain, Xena knelt down by, "Come take it easy try and be still." In a grimincing tone, "did he get the fish? By the gods that hurts!" Xena pulls her up and into a hug to help calm her down. She kisses her on the cheek and talks into her ear, "what where you thinking going up against that bear for?" Wincing in pain, "protecting fish and you, did he get the fish?" With a smirke of a smile, "figures. Ya sorry he still got it and glad I know where I rate over fish." With easiness coming over her now she lightly giggles, and in a whispered voice, "sorry but I was hungry." Xena chuckled at that, "theres a news flash for ya, can you get up? I need to dress your wounds?" "I think so." Painfully slowly getting up and Xena walking her to there sleeping furs and gave her some water and she got her healers kit. "It looks like a day maybe two staying here."


She opens her healing kit up and searches for clean linen and a few healing herbs and cream to use on her wounded lifemate. With Gabrielle trying to get up to show it shouldn't be more than a day but with wincing pain still she tries to get up on her own but with fail. "What do ya think your doing stay down, Now!" With her soulmates wishes she quickly applies her demands it was still hurts, bitting her lower lip, "Sorry Xe....I should have known better, wasn't expecting a damn bear, it took me by surprise." While preparing her medical items she looks at her with big blue eyes, "it took me by surprise when I saw you flying across me, it's not always easy scaring something 10 times bigger and heavier than you." Xena sits closer to Gabrielle to start administering her medical wounds. "Can you sit up I want to get your face first."

As she sits up she makes an acquiring about her facial wounds, "is it bad?" Xena examined and then looked straight in to her green orbs, "well I hate to tell ya but, your still very beatuiful." With a sheepish grin her soul mate leaned over and gave her a little kiss, "thank you." Xena winked and took some damp linin to wipe off some blood that was dripping off from the wounds luckly they didn't seem deep wounds which will and should heal nicely. The wounds on her shoulder maybe a different story there might be a scar or two but those are great story telling scars that she could brag about.

As she was finishing up her shoulder wounds Xena put her hand on her other shoulder, "you might have a scar or two there a little deeper and a little longer to heal but it shouldn't be to bad, besides you have a new story to tell and proof." Gabrielle smiled at that idea but really didn't mind it if she had wounds any where else they are bound to happen eventually she thought though they'd be by a warlord or a army in fighting but never thought of that damn bear. Xena got some tea and put in some pain powder to give to her, "drink this it will help you with the pain and make you sleep better." Gabrielle took the cup and looked at Xena, "g'wan drink." Gabrielle stirred it a bit then drank down the whole concoction she just hopes it doesn't upset her stomach like some of the pain medicnes do but rather have a stomach ache than the pain she has now. Gabrielle handed her back the cup, "can you lie down and try and sleep?" Xena asks as she tries to get comfortable, "I think so everything is calming down now." "Good." Xena says as she helps her get situated and pulls the other blanket over her. "You sleep for a little bit," Gabrielle sits up and sees Xena heading towards the lake, "Your gonna fish now?" "ya, ya hungry ain'tya?" She nods her head, "but your pole broke," Xena walked over and knelt down to her, "plenty of branches around to make a new one," Xena strokes Gabrielle's cheek, "if it doesn't take too long I be right back and help you sleep okay?" The bard nods and carefully lays back down and watches Xena fashions her a new fishing pole and pulls out fishing line and goes and sits down and before she knows it she's pulling in her first fish.

She tries to sleep a little while Xena catches there meal which only about a half a candle mark Gabrielle was starting to wake up very nauseous she was wincing rolling in pain, she calls out for her lover, "Xena! help! I knew it!" As the bard rolls off the sleeping fur and crawls a little ways so she can go and be sick. Xena hears her pulls her fishing line in and ran over but she wasn't where she left her she could hear her being sick, she sighs and walks over to the barfing bard, "take it easy, what's wrong?" As Xena kneels by her supporting her and holding on to both of her shoulders, in between heavs, "bad stomach pain," she heavs again, "nauseous," and a few more heavs then Gabrielle sits back down and catches her breath. Xena moved back closer to her, "did this wake you up?" Gabrielle nods, "I think the medicine you gave me...."oh...oh," with a big wide expression on her face she goes back to where she was being sick and starts heaving again. Xena went to get her healing get and got some of the herbs that helps with being nauseous and got some hot water and mixed in real good and goes back over to were Gabrielle was now sitting back down again. Xena hands her the cup and with a disgusting look on her face that Gabrielle gave her, "what's this for?" Xena sits down and rubs her back a little she could tell she really wasn't feeling good, "g'wan I promise this well help it." Gabrielle figured it couldn't be anything worse that what she is doing now right? She trusts Xena with her healings it's not her fault that what the pain medicine was made her sick this way so she trustingly took the liquid and almost right away was feeling better. Xena continued to rub her back with the warmth and touch of her hand was healing power in it's self she always noticed that about her when she's nervous or scared or just need comfort Xena's touch had always healed her it was a power she really didn't understand or how it worked but was always thankful for it for it working on her behalf. Gabrielle just sat there focusing on her touch and relaxing and taking deep breaths. "Feeling better?" Gabreille was able to put her arm around her and hug her, "thank you, much better." she makes the first move to try and get up but Xena got up to help her up and walked back and laid her back down and gave her the water skin, "here a few sips so you don't get dehydrated." Gabrielle took a few swiggs and looked up at Xena, "thank you, sorry don't know why that pain medication does that to me?" Xena knelt by the bard, "it's okay different people react to it in different ways and some get sick. Lie down and let me finish the fishing, okay call me if you need me," Gabrielle settles into her sleeping position, "I will and will always call on you." Gabrielle laid her head down with a smile of relief that she is feeling better but with being sick really made her tired. Xena stood and looked at her for a second then started walking back to were she was fishing, she looked over at her again to make sure she was alright, "still asleep my bard, good." Xena sits down gets her pole and fishing line out on the water to finish the task at hand.

Xena came back with the bard still sleeping pretty soundly, Xena put the fish this time in a closed pot so no bear or anything else can get to the 4 fish she was able to catch. She tip toed around the sleeping form and laid down beside her and after a while when Xena was just gettin comfortable the bard starts thrashing around in her sleep and moaning and groaning Xena sat up to get a hold of Gabrielle, "No..stop it!..NO," the bard kept saying Xena was shaking her calling her name to get her to wake, "Gabrielle,,,,,Gabrielle wake up," with startled jump Gabrielle finally awakened franticly out of breath, "what was it? Was it the bear?" The bard sat up and put her hand into her forehead and rubbing her eyes, clearing her throat, then sat back with her leaing on her elbow on her side, "ya it was damn bear." Xena placed her hand on her shoulder for support. Xena sat by her side, "sorry I let ya down," Gabrielle looked at Xena, "wh,,,what do you mean let me down," as Gabrielle puts her hand on Xena's back. Xena rubbing her forehead, "I should have heard that beast first if I had gotten him first you wouldn't have gotten hurt." Gabrielle shook her head, "uh,huh Xena it's still my fault, think about it what where we doing before this happened?" Xena gave her a puzzled look, "we were making love,,,,so." "So...I think I wore you out and that's why you didn't hear the bear, look I hardly heard the rustling sounds it was making so,,no Xena it's still my fault so please don't beat your self up for this one." "Well,,,you might be right but still....how are you feeling now any better?" Gabrielle went to hug her, "still plenty sore but better," Gabrielle leans in for a kiss which Xena takes her in and gently lays her down. "Xena, be gentle this time willya?" In between kisses, "sorry love that's one promise I can't promise." "oh boy," Gabrielle sighs, "no pain no gain right?"

Right.

Gabrielle stirred with smell of fish frying wafting through the cool morning air on a slight breeze carrying the camp fire smoke around. It was an unusual peaceful feeling after yesterdays unforseen sparring with that damn bear as she referes to it now, she slowly got up rubbing her neck for she could still feel the stiffness and soreness from yesterdays attack.

She examined her sores on her face and shoulder, "hey beatiful," Xena sings out to her, Gabrielle rolled her eyes, "Xena I think you need your eyes checked." Xena walked over to her and knelt down and cupped her hands on her face, "Excue me, if I tell you your beautiful you are okay?!!? I don't want you to say that ever again." "Xena what if these scar up real bad I don't think people would want to hear a ugly scared up bard now woould ya?" Xena was surprised to hear that from her it took her a second to think, "Look my love real people don't care about that it's the stories and the truth behind the stories that you share, and the truth you share comes from with in your beatiful soul,,,what brought this on?" Gabrielle shrugged her shoulders looking down at the ground, "I dunno." She pauses with a tear on the edge of her green orb, "I guess I'm hearing my fathers voice now I think he might be right." Xena leaned in to kiss her. "He is wrong and he will always be wrong, get that voice outta your head now! Please believe me your gorgeous." As Xena puts a hypnotic stare into her eyes the bard gives Xena a sheepish grin, "think so?" "I know so, and if any body says anything I mean anything about it I'll bash there heads and tell them she was saving my life. Ready for some breakfast?" With a smile she nods and kisses Xena back, "Thank you." "Any time, lets eat,"

Xena filled up there plates and she sat back down by the bard and while they ate there meal, with birds chearping in the back ground and hearing the water fall spraying down in to the lake.

After a few bites Xena took the water skin and sipped from it and handed to Gabrielle, "tell you what after were done here I will check your wounds and make sure they are not getting infected." "Okay thanks," she replies after taking in some more water. "The fish and rice a great by the way." Gabrielle says in a full mouthful, "thanks, this time for my brave bard." Gabrielle just shook her head at that remark and ate every morsal there was except for the back bones the fish but where picked clean. Xena gathered up the plate to clean them later and put them in a closed pot. She went and got her healers kit and some clean water and went over to her lover to examine the wounds from that damn bear. She sits over by her and pats her to get a little closer, "come here let me look at those new battle wounds, the bard slid over gently and got as close to her as she could Xena then getting a damp rag and making sure all the wounds are clean and dried then applied some of the cream to help keep any scaring down to the minimum. "So, how are you doing now?" As Xena caresses her side, "feeling better, I think we can leave tomorrow." "Okay if your sure," Gabrielle nods her head, "ya not sure how long I can keep going but maybe once I get moving it wont be so bad." Xena rubs her back, "are you sure your okay? you seem a little...." Gabrielle sighed and glanced over to Xena, "I'm fine really still little tired but I think that's from the medication." "Okay, why don't you relax and write on your scrolls and see if I can hunt somthing up for later." Gabrielle winces a bit at the thought of her being out there alone with that bear around, "please be careful and watch out for that bear, he might remember you using my staff on his head and nose," Xena pats her shoulder, "don't worry that bear is long gone." she winks at her. "Just relax I promise and wont be gone long." "Okay, but still be careful." Xena places her sword in her scabboard and her chakram in her belt hook, "yes mom I'll be careful." As Xena scampers off, "Love you," Gabrielle calls out, Xena looks back "love you too," then she disapears into the woods, Gabrielle looked around felt a eerieness about her so she got her staff right next to her so she wouldn't have any trouble grabbing it if need be.

Gabrielle got out her scroll to enter a new page in her diary. Well if any one needs to know what it feels like to be hit by a bear all they have to do is ask me. I know with Xena's administiring the healing on my wounds which is on the side of my face and my shoulder hopefully the scaring wont be bad. I hope fewer repercutions from the attack I had a nightmare which woke me up well actually Xena woke me up from the nightmare. I try not to be a vain person about this but with being out in public being a bard well I think it will heal ok.

We are fianlly heading home to Amphipolis can hardly wait to be there and try and get in a normal type of a routine if Xena can handle it. I think she is missing her mother more than what she is showing. I know we both miss her mothers home cooking we will have to have a lot of work out sparring or something to keep fit. I just hope we can stay through the winter I can't take traveling that much any more in the freezing cold it's wearing on my system for sure but I don't want to complain about it to Xena if she can take it so can I.

I hear her coming back from hunting I bet it's a couple of rabbits,,,,ugh,,,sick of that and fish,,,,,I could go for some..........later she's here.

~~~~

"So what did you manage to rustle up?" Xena holds up a chicken, "how's about that?" "You read my mind," she tossed it to her to pluck it, "Ya I'm sick of fish and rabbits too." She rolls up her scroll and quickly gets to plucking the chicken Xena gets the wine skin and sit down beside her and watch her pluck. She was already half way through it. Xena went to stir up the fire and get it going again so they can roast the ckicken. She tosses the ckicken back to Xena "that's as far as I go." Xena walks it over behind her so she knows she doesn't like to watch it get it's head lopped off or anything else done to it. Xena then rigs it to a roasting spit and gets out a few herbs and sprinkled it on the bird. She goes and offers the wine skin to Gabrielle and takes it and sips a few swigs on it and hands it back and continues on with her diary

- Well guess what yep you guessed it she brought back a chicken I swear how does she do it? It must be magic there is no other reason. I see motions on her that it's time to eat and you know damn well better I don't miss that call so I will finish later maybe not until we get home,,,,safe travels,,,,,

Xena with sword slides the bird off of the fire and with her sword and hands and she divides the bird up in half, "din-din," Gabrielle rolled up her scroll rubbed her hands together cracked her knuckles. Xena shook her head when she saw that and got the wine skin sat down by her and handed her half of the bird. Gabrielle pulled the chicken leg off first blew on it a few times and it was just about gone from the first bite, she grabbed the wine skin and sniffed it, "gods Xena what the hell do you have in this?" Xena grabbed it from her to sniff it, took a few sniffs she couldn't reconize it, "something fermenty." Xena took a swig by it strong enough to make her choke and cough, smooth, not bad," as she hands it back to the bard, "I'd take it easy on that stuff though it will sneak up on ya," the bard rolled her eyes, "ya,,,ya,,,I've heard that before." She took a swig of it and it choked her and made her cough for 5 minuets had to drink water to get over the cough. Xena grabbed it back and Gabrielle glared at Xena, "smooth,,,real smooth." "Don't say I didn't warn ya." Gabrielle and Xena continued with the chicken which was a nice change and they had between the two of them devourd the wine and both got a little drunk. "Xena can you help me up I gotta go." As Gabrielle already has a hand out for help, "Sure." Xena gets up and feels a little woosy, "whoa hold on." Xena grabs her hand and helped hoisted up the bard but as carefully as she could being still sore from the bear attack. "Ow, that hurts," she says as she wobbles off to go take care of some private business. She comes walking back and sees Xena already asleep,,,,she thinks, Gabrielle looks down on her close so close she lost her balance and tripped over the sleeping form, and well,,,,screamed, Xena awoke jerking her whole boddy up but only got as far as her knees. "What's wrong you okay?" "Ya, I tripped over your big fat feet," Gabrielle got on her back and stayed there a minute, "fat? my feet aren't fat. Big ya but not fat," "Xe I'm spinning," Xena hopps over like a mad rabbit and get's on top of her, and then lies on top spreading her legs so Xena's legs can be right in the middle. "Are you still spinning?" "What? No, I don't mean my body it's in my head," Xena shakes her head, "ah I see," she then climbs up the rest of Gabrielle's body to were they are eye to eye, nose to nose Xena holds her lovers head in her hands, "Xena? What are you doing?" "Keeping your head from spinning." Gabrielle rolls her eyes and blows out air between her lips, "Xena? spinning IN side my head from that wine." Xena remains where she is bits her lower lips and raises her eye brows, "ooo, my mistake." She chuckles a little, they lay there for a minute, gazing into each other eyes Gabrielle licks her lips, "well are ya just gonna......" Xena just then brushes her lips with the bards stopping her in mid sentence, Gabrielle draws in to Xena's face, "there now stopped spinning yet?" Swallowing and catching what breath she could all she could say, "uh huh," brings her back down and continues exploring the sweetness of her lips and still tasting the wine that lingers on both there lips.

They both don't remember much when they both awoke the same time. They opened there eye's "Xena," Xena covers the bards mouth right away, "shut up your yelling, ugh." As Xena rubs her forehead and grabs the water skin, "staying one more day." Xena rolled over pulled the blanket over her head and went to sleep," "Xena?" Gabrielle called and crawled on top of Xena, while pulling the cover off of her head Xena grabs the blanket back over her head, "Shut up! Go to sleep," Xena said in a very stern quite soft mono tone voice, "alright."

A strong breeze blowing in a woke the bard up she grabbed Xena's arm to shake her awake, Xena pulls the blanket off and yawned, "what's up now?" "Feels like weather is changing, this strong breeze woke me up." Xena falls back on her back, "great, perfect," The warrior rolled over on her side and looked up. "Well so far no clouds but the breeze is getting pretty stiff," as the warrior gets up, "so is my ass." Xena stretches, looks at Gabrielle, "how are you feeling," "beside the fact my head wants to explode and still a little sore, not bad if you want to start off for home now we can." Xena gets up and starts rolling up her sleeping furs, and motions Gabrielle to do the same, "C'me on we better get going now and were both riding Argo." As they moved as fast as they could braking down the camp and making sure the fire is all the way out the bard is thinking she is glad that she will ride with Xena it makes it too hard to walk when it gets too windy and with her being still sore well even better. Argo is all set and Xena is already up on her and taking in some water before the move out her hang over is just gonna make everything worse, she sipping down the water, note to self never ever do that again. Gabreille handed Xena her bag to hook on the saddle horn and Xena offered her hand up which she gladly did and took the water skin from Xena and drank as she started off.

It's been a very quite ride, Xena not in the mood to do any kind of chit chat but niether is the bard as much as she loved being on Argo the jarring from the ride is making her bear wounds just a little unbearable. Gabrielle would rest her head on Xena's back and try and rest but that wasn't working out either.

The bard tapped Xena's shoulder, "were almost there," Xena snarls out, she tapps her again and Xena in no mood shoves her hand away with her shoulder back in a not now manner. After that the bard just held on to any thing of any kind of nature would just have to wait until she was able to stop.

Not to much after that Gabrielle didn't feel well at all, "Xena!" Gabreille calls out as she tapps her shoulder again, "Not now Gabrielle," "Xena if you don't let me off of this horse you both are gonna be swimming in barf, please stop!" Xena registars the word barf in her mind she winces and slows down and stops and turns and sees how green the bards face is turning, Gabrielle quickly slides off of Argo and runs to the nearest bush. Xena winces she could hear her heaving and barfing up a well just say it's gross. Gabrielle moans real low which alerts Xena to jump off of Argo as Argo turns to the moaning sounds. "You okay?" "NO!" she yells out between barfing. "Ya got some more of the nauseous medication? Ow," Gabrielle rolls up in a ball in really bad pain, "by the gods this hurts," "Okay hold on." Xena went to the saddle bag and pulled out the bottle that had the mixed herbs already in it and the water skin and a little tin cup she walked it over to her poured in the water into the cup along with the herbs and stirred it, she knelt down by her and got her to sit up, "here come on can you sit up?" with wincing in pain from being nauseous, "ya I think so," moaning as it is being down Xena then hands her the cup, "drink," Gabrielle drew in the cup and then handed it back to her. Gabrielle readjusts sitting more on the ground with her arms crossing her stomach, "Sorry Xe...I had to get off I didn't want to have barf all over your back." Xena places her hand on her shoulder for comfort, "I know you should have told me sooner," I didn't want you to get mad at me for having to stop." Xena looks down towards the ground, "I'm sorry about that I was just wanting to get us home." Gabrielle motions for the water skin and sips from it, "I know I have never wanted to get home so bad before longest time than I can remember, isn't that odd?" Gabrielle hands her the water skin back, "no not really I think we are just really ready for a break." Gabrielle was starting to feel the herbs work and sat more back rest back on her hands. "Feeling better now?" Gabrielle nods, "can you try and get up?" "Ya sure," Xena stands first and then offers her a hand up. "Your getting on Argo but sitting in front of me this time in case." Xena offers help up for Gabrielle to get on Argo first then Xena swings right up behind her. "It wont be long now," "great."

~~~~

Xena slowed as they were on the final road to the opening gates of home. Gabrielle's head bobbed up and down and swade a bit sleeping Xena could hear little wispes of snores coming from her. The warrior could see her home village and stopped for a minute, Xena sighs and stares "home," she says to her self she then whispers in the bards ear, "Gabrielle," a murmer came from her, Xena shook her a bit and said her name again, "Gabrielle, wake up were here." "uh?" Gabrielle yawned and rubbed her eyes, "Oh Xena now theres a sight for sore eyes." Xena shakes her head and motions Argo to continue on. "How are you feeling now?" Gabrielle got the water skin and took a sip, "much better but still sore." "You might be for a few more days once we get settled you should be all right." She offers the water to Xena she took a sip and gave it back to her. "Xena thank you for being there for me." She gives her a hug, "any time just don't yell any more at bears okay?" "Okay, only if you don't have any more of that wine." "Okay, deal." Gabrielle laughs and winces a bit because her sores hurt with using those same muscles laughing, coughing, sneezing, any those there was an owe afterwards. "Come on Xe can you go a little faster?" "You betchya, go Argo." Xena nudges Argo to do a fast galloup to get to her mothers Inn. "Owe shit that hurts," Argo grunts and Xena laughs as they ride up to the Inn, "very funny."

~~~~

Xena rode Argo right up to the hitching post and slid off first then offered a hand up for Gabrielle to slide down and catch her because of her bear wounds. When she got down she drew in Xena for a hug, "it's great to be home huh?" Xena returned the hug, "yes it is let's go find mother," Gabrielle stopped Xena first, "Xe...?" Gabrielle grabbed her arm, "huh, ya what it is?" She put her hands on Xena's arm's, "Um, are you going to tell your mother about us being together now?" Pointing her finger back and fourth at each other, "as in...?" "Yes of course not sure when, timing is everything in this Gabrielle." "Timing?" she replies, "well ya I just don't want to drop this on her I don't know how she will react." "I see your point, if you want me to help you tell her be sure and let me know okay?" As Gabrielle rubs her arms. "I will, ready now?" The bard nods and Xena takes her hand and kisses it and walks her up the steps with her into the in. They both slip through the door and Xena stood there and scanned the room to see if she could find her mother, Xena walked Gabrielle to the bar area, "she's probably in the kitchen," Gabrielle spotted her coming down the stairs and she sees Xena and Gabrielle, Gabrielle turns to Xena where her mother is and with Cyrene with her arms open wide gives Xena & Gabrielle a big hug. "Your back, let me look at ya both. Gabrielle what happened?" As Gabrielle winces from Cyrene's welcoming hug, "a losing battle with a bear over fish," Xena smirked. "Gabrielle are you crazy?" Cyrene barked at her, "I must be. May I have the key to the room please? I'll go set things up okay Xe?" "Ya sure." Cyrene hands her the key as Xena puts her arm around her mother Gabrielle gives her a look and Xena nods her head Cyrene noticed the subtle communications going on between the two. Gabrielle takes the key and starts up stairs to there room. Cyrene gives a puzzeling look to Xena, "what's all that about?" Xena stirs her mother to a less busier place in the Inn found two empty chairs and held the chair steady for her mother to take a seat in. Xena follows suit while a inn keeper comes to get there drink order and then comes back with 2 ales. "So Xena...." her mother starts out, "what was that all about? Is Gabrielle okay?" Xena took a sip from her mug, "she's fine," Cyrene takes a drink from her mug, "those wounds look pretty bad." "There fine mother they look worse than what they really are." Xena drinks the rest of her ale and motions a bar keep for more. "Is there something the matter?" Xena nervously readjusts her seat. "look there is something I do have to tell you," as Xena pats her mothers arm. "Um," Xena pauses, "what is it is everything okay?" Xena nods her head, "look mother I wanted to be up front with you about me and Gabrielle." "You and Gabrielle about what?" Xena rolls her eyes, "that we're together," "oh I know that of course you are." Xena cleared her throat, "no mom I mean we're together." Making eye contact with her mother putting her two fingers together motioning that with a little more meaning. "Xena,,,,I knew that," with a surprised look on her face, "you knew?" with a come on glare she gave Xena, "dear you'd have to be deaf and blind not knowing that the two of you are a couple, gods Xena you should see your eyes light up when ever you see Gabrielle." With a sigh of relief Xena with a questionable look, "are you okay with our relationship?" "I wasn't really at first but, since knowing Gabrielle and hearing more of her stories on how your souls are connected and how loving and supporting and caring you both are for each other, I'm so glad your paths crossed and met, you belong with her. You have my full blessing if that is what your needing." With a gleam in her eye she stood to go hug her mother, "thanks I'm glad your okay with it." Cyrene hugged her back, Xena leaned downed to grab the rest of her ale and set the mug down, Cyrene pushed her up towards the stairs, "go'wan your soul mate is waiting for you," "soul mate? mmm, I like the sound of that," Xena starts up the stairs and looks back and her mother, "g'wan and I will have some food brought up for you later." Xena blows her a little kiss and wave she goes up the rest of the stairs and down the hall to there room.

Gabrielle's been getting unpacked and things orginaized and as she was lighting a few more candles Xena pauses at the front of the door. She doesn't know why she was so nervous all of a sudden, she could hear light movement in the room so she thought she better get in there she knew that the bard would be happy to know that her mother gave her blessing for there relationship.

Xena takes a breath and unlatches the door and peeks in she sees Gabrielle changing she smiles and quietly steps in and latches it closed behind her, her excitment picks up a bit and approachs the bard as she lifts her blouse over her bear wounds Xena intervines and captures her hand and blouse in mid air and startles the blonde figure, "Xena,,,," the bard turns to Xena she could feel her energy as Xena stands in front of her now. They take a long moment as there souls start connecting Xena leans down and softly touch her lips with her own, soft continuely kisses continued for a while. Gabrielle brakes off to start help take the warriors armor and leathers off Xena then gently scoops her into bed. The bard cleared her throat, "So...I guess you mother is okay with us? You seem different." As Xena leans on her side with her elbow supporting her, "She is, I hope it's a good different?" As she leans in for more kissing, "It is, glad to be home?" In mid kisses. "With you I'm always home."

~~~~

~ThE End~ (for now)

Author's Page

Return to the Academy