Written By: Gabster

Disclaimer: Characters do belong to MCA/Universal Pictures/Renaissance or who ever, but just borrowing them for another episode...time frame right after fighting Helicon & Back, Xena notices changes that she sees in Gabrielle after so much fighting so she decides to take Gabrielle off of the battle field after losing so many of her fellow Amazon sisters it's effecting her, Xena also surprises with a new home base that she had secretly build for just such occasions. Spoiler alert strong same sex after all they are soulmates. For any appreciation or input please feel free to email me at 4hobbitroo@gmail.com remeber be nice

*************************************************************

 

Queen, Warrior, Bard

by

Gabster

4hobbitsroo@gmail.com


The Amazons along with queen Gabrielle and Xena go back to the village to take back what they have lost. Still bloodied from the fight queen Gabrielle called everyone around the center of the village and calling up Varia. Varia was a little hesitant to come up but did so at the queens request. Varia stood in front of Queen Gabrielle they both extended there arms and replied at the same time,

"To a strong Amazon Nation." then Gabrielle gave Varia a hug,

Gabrielle got Varia's necklace back out, the one she has previously ripped off and gave it back to Varia.

"Varia you love this tribe and are a great warrior, leader and protector, I give you back your queen hood."

The tribe cheers as Gabrielle puts the necklace back on Varia, she gives Gabrielle a hug,

"I am sorry Gabrielle for doing what I did but I did do it for my tribe."

Gabrielle placed her hand on her shoulder,

"I know." She smiles for reasurance. Gabrielle pats her shoulder and turns to Xena, Xena places her hand on Gabrielle's shoulder and Xena smiles acknowledging and happy that she is giving Varia a second chance.

Varia walks down to gather the tribe the tribe disperses and starts cleaning the area up and getting ready again for the celebration, Xena and Gabrielle where heading to there hut, Varia went over to them stopping them two ask them something.

"Queen Gabrielle," as Varia ran over to her,

"Yes Varia." Gabrielle places her hand on her back to stop Xena and she was starting to feel something but wasn't sure what it is, Gabrielle stops to see what she wanted.

"We ask if it's all right that Xena joins us for this ceremony as a honored quest."

Xena with a surprised look on her face was actually speechless, Xena places her hand on Gabrielle's shoulder and looks at Gabrielle. Gabrielle places her hand on Xena's back and looks at Xena, Xena is trying to be suttle looking at Gabrielle trying to give her the please don't do this too me look but Gabrielle didn't quiet read her right so she turned to Xena,

"Xena please we'd be honored if you would come."

Xena looks at Gabrielle, a little speechless places her hand on Gabrielle's shoulder, Xena thought what would it hurt do it for Gabrielle right?

"Ya sure I'll come." nodding her head,

Varia put her arm out for Xena to take into there salute, and said in unison,

"To a strong Amazon nation."

Varia went to go get things ready and went and told Cyane.

Gabrielle and Xena went into there hut and Gabrielle went to sit down taking her weopons off of her and hanging it on the post, she looks at Xena, Xena takes off her sword and chakram. and hangs them on the oposite side of the post.

"Are you okay with going?"

Xena sat on the edge of the bed,

"Ya I'm okay with it only for you, you know."

Gabrielle walks over to Xena, stands in front of her and places her hands on Xena's shoulders and brushes her black hair back,

"I know you really don't like Amazon ceremonies."

Xena places her hands on Gabrielle's hips and brings in Gabrielle by the waist,

"That's true but I get tired of having to share you even if it's with the tribe, I must admit I'm a little jealous, left out maybe."

Gabrielle's surprised to hear her say that,

"Xena, you have no reason to be ya know."

"I know it's but that is how I feel."

Gabrielle stands back a little bit and leans over to give Xena a kiss, Xena kisses her but then gets up,

"Don't you think we better start cleaning up?"

Xena stood up looking at Gabrielle examining her face,

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Xena takes a hold of Gabrielle's chin and moves her face back and fourth for a brief examination and rubs some of the blood off of side of her cheek, and rubs her finger and thumb over the blood that she got on her finger, and shows her,

"My queen, you have a lot of blood on this side of your face and on your neck."

Seeing that just hit her just all at once, Gabrielle removes her hands off of Xena's shoulders and holds her hands up she backed off, she rubs the side of her face and can feel a lot of blood she stares at it as she backs way until she was up against the shelving that was on the wall she was startled by it not relizing how close she was to it. She became visibly upset she turned away and held on to the shelves and Xena could tell she was starting to cry,"NO!" she yelled out, she held on with one hand and covered her eyes with the other. Xena cautiously walked over to her and places her hand on the back of her shoulder.

"Gabrielle?" No reply from her she was trying not too be sick or to faint she was fully supporting her self on the rungs of the shelves. Xena became fully aware it was very hard on her from losing so many of her sisters it made it more personal for her than usual. Xena placed her other hand on her shoulder she turned Gabrielle around to bring her in for a hug she had to get her to let go of the rung she had a tight hold of them. Gabrielle was extremely up set Xena wanted to calm her down and brought her back to the bed so she sit by her.

"Come on over here." As she lead her to the bed Xena got some wine to settled things down she poured it into the cups and handed a visably shaken Queen.

Gabrielle took her hand and rubbed some more of the blood off of her face stares at it, questions it, she holds her hand out to Xena "who's...who's blood is this?"

Xena brought her in hugged her and told her, "you had to do what you had to do, remeber, to keep your tribe alive."

"Xe...? Xe...I..."?

Xena could feel her sway and not looking very good at all.

Gabrielle tried to stand up but sat right back down. "Gabrielle" Xena stood up infront of her then Gabrielle passes out.

Xena goes to pick her up and places her on the bed she then gets a wet rag and gets the rest of the blood off of her face. Then Xena placed a cool rag on her forehead and called her name.

"Gabrielle?" She starts to stir a little bit. Xena gives her a little kiss and calls her name again.

"Gabrielle?" Just then her eyes flutter and sighs really heavy. she looks at Xena and notices she laying in bed.

"Uh? How'd I get?...did I fa.?...." Gabrielle winces as the room was kind of spinning around.

"Ya you fainted"

"Ugh,,,the room is spinning. Why did that happen?"

Xena redampens the rag and places it again on her forehead and then around her neck. "I think it just hit you all at once this time and I think your in shock."

"Shock? Why now I've had battles before this never happened." As she shakes her head trying to get the spinning sensation stop.

"I think it's because you lost so many sisters in this one it became more personal to you."

Gabrielle blinking her eyes to try and get focused and from trying to stop the spinning. She licked her lips and swallows the nervousness down she felt and she could taste the last little kiss that Xena just gave her on her lips.

"Personal huh? She turned on her side and sat up proped up by her elbow. "Look Xena half my tribe is still on that beach shouldn't be personal I'm there......was there leader." She closed her eyes and could still see there bloody bodies, "how do I get the image outta my head and out of my heart?" She lays back all the down on her side Xena kneeling right beside her side. She covers her eyes and cries Xena engulfes her wanting to protector from the new fresh bad images.

Xena leans into her ear and whispers, "Just honor them everyday in the way you live, make them proud in everything you do."

*****************

Xena sat up on the side of the bed consoling Gabrielle by rubbing her back and calming her down, she could feel the tension easing up. Gabrielle talking to her self to stop it and to suck it up. She took a breath and forced her self up and sat on the edge of the bed next to Xena. She gets up and walks over to the table and gets some wine for the both of them. Xena sits and watches her partner she could see that she was working throught it, she walks back over and hands her the cup of wine Xena takes it. Gabrielle places her hand on Xena's shoulder to steady herself, taps Xena's cup and then she raised her cup, with tears in her eyes, "to my fallen Amazon sisters, saulte." She swiged the content with out hesitation then went and got more wine.

Xena gets up and lights a few candles and brings the supplies that they will be needing for the hot tub. Then she walks over to where the wine cups were at and took a few sips while Gabrielle was undressing, she could feel the blue eyes watching her she returns a glance. Xena undressed as well and both get in.

Gabrielle got all the way under the water then back up again slicking her hair back and letting the rest of the water roll off of her head and shoulders. Just as she was breaking the water she has flash backs of the brutle attack, closing her eyes clinching her fists up against her head then clinching the edge of the tub. Anger was pushing it's way up.

Gabrielle places her face in her hands then she clinches her hands she feels like some kind of force is taking over all she is thinking of doing is.....

Gabrielle turns around Xena looks up as she lathers up the soap then the unexpected Gabrielle punches Xena right across the face. Xena's eyes got really big and was shocked. Gabrielle tried it again but Xena blocked it holding her wrist, then she tried it again Xena blocked that one now she has a hold of both of Gabrielle hands. "Gabrielle what do you think your doing, Gabrielle?" Gabrielle with a look of horror and shock she pulls her hands from Xena's grasps then backs up jumps out of the hot tub and ran off. Xena was getting out of the tub grabbing towles and Varia runs in to see Xena to see what was going on.

"Xena what happened why is your nose bleeding?"

Xena looked down ward took the back of her hand to wipe it off but there was a lot of blood.

"Gabrielle," Xena takes her hand and wipes her nose covered in blood, Xena runs off after her leaving Varia standing there, calling her name,"Gabrielle?"

There were a few Amazons that saw Gabrielle running off, "was she naked?" One of them asked? they ran over to Varia and asked her what was going on.

"You know as much as I do." Varia tells the young shocked Amazon.

"Shouldn't we go after her?"

"No, Xena's going after her she'll take care of her." Varia said, but then the other young Amazon said, "who's going to take care of Xena? That was quiet a bloody nose." Varia shook her head, "If they need help they'll ask just give them some room." Vaira walked off and the young Amazons stood by each other just talking about what just happened.

Xena running after Gabrielle calling her name out telling her it's okay. Xena stopped and paused, "think where would she go? She thought she raised her eye brow, "Beach." Xena ran over the sand dune and saw a naked figure on the beach she was sitting with her arms curled up around her legs Xena stopped right behind before going up to her just looking at her she was crying, Xena wiped her nose again and shaking her hand shaking the dripping blood off, her nose was still pleanty bloody she much have hit just hit her nose just right.

Xena was looking down at a very scared little girl so it seemed to Xena something else must be at play here.

"Gabrielle?" Xena called out, Gabrielle was affraid to look at her how could she ever have ever hit her soulmate like that she was more scared and in shock than anything else she didn't even know why she would hit her. Xena walked around to the front feeling it was safe enough to face her now of the naked form with her towels and crouched down and placed her hand on her. It scared her at first.

With a shocked look on her face seeing what she did to her soulmates nose, giving a grimicing look at Xena, "Oh, god Did I do that?" she winces at the pain and reached out and stroked Xena's upper cheek, Xena jerked away alittle bit it hurt when she touched her.

"It's okay I've had worse. I think it hurts you more than it does me." she says with a smirk and a half smile. Xena gets closer but Gabrielle kind of pulls away. Xena reasures her she is okay. "Hey it's alright really," Xena sits by her and stradles her with Gabrielle in the middle of Xena's legs she got a towel out and dried her off a bit. She put the towel all around her back and put her arm around her to comfort her. Gabrielle grabbed Xena's arm and looked into her blue eyes and noticed a lot of blood. Xena hated to see Gabrielle crying Xena went to wipe the tears off.

"Xe...I'm so sorry I....don't know what came over me it's like I wasn't even in my own body something else had control. Does that make any sense? I had flash backs from the attacks seeing Trudance being blown to pieces and Bain shot with the arrows then blown to smithereenes " Xena leaned into her. "Yea, I know it wasn't you."

"Your not mad then?" Gabrielle asked Xena.

"I'm not mad about it, not real happy about it but not mad." Xena winked at her,

"Xena please hold me?" Xena brings her in closer "Hold me please?"

"I am holding you."

"I can't feel it, can't feel anything." She says the last part under her breath.

"Try and relax. Just watch the waves come in. Breath with me keep it steady," She did she focused on them so hard she almost felt like she was floating on the water with Xena it did become very still and peaceful.

Varia was looking around to see what happened to Xena and Gabrielle she got to a high point on a plato and could see two figures on the beach. She could see that Xena had a good tight hold on there queen she stood and watched over them for a while she hoped her queen will be alright. She wondered it was from this last battle it was a pretty rough one. She saw them moving more so she thought she would leave and let them be by them selves.

***********************

"Gabrielle are you okay? Ready to go?"

She looked at Xena and blinks a few times she still felt a little numb to the whole experience. She moved and got on her knees facing Xena.

"I just want to go home."

"Home? Potidaea?" As Xena kneels infront of her now and places her hands on her face caressing her cheeks.

"No Amphipolis." Xena noded and stood her up. She handed her the other towel to cover her up. She's becoming more alert of her surroundings now Xena helps her up.

Gabrielle looks at Xena and notices, "Xena your naked." She looks down at her self and then shakes her head, "well you are too you know." Gabrielle just relizing that and rolls her eyes but she didn't really care because on how she is currently feeling.

Xena walked her back to the hut and got her in the hot tub which was feeling good after sitting on the beach in the nude. Varia came knocking on the door to see how things are. Xena stepped out side for a quick moment.

"Gabrielle is she okay?" Vaira asks as she has a concern look on her face.

"She's fine but she wants to go home so we will be leaving first thing in the morning. I'm sorry but I think we should for go the ceremony for another time okay?"

With a disapointing look and sad that they are leaving, "Ya sure I will go tell the tribe can we say good bye to her in the morning?"

"Of course you can she wouldn't have it any other way."

"Glad she's going to be okay."

Xena pats her shoulder, "she'll be fine."

Xena got back in the hut and Gabrielle was filling her cup of wine for her and Xena. Xena slid in the hot tub Gabrielle handed her the cup. She took a sip then set her cup down and went to face Xena.

She leans into her and stares into her big blue eyes, "I'm so sorry I hit you I never in a million years wanted to do that, please for give me." As Gabrielle hugs her.

Xena puts her cup down and hugs her back, "like I said at the beach I'm not mad I"m just glad you doing better, you are doing better right?"

Gabrielle nods her head "Just feeling stupid feel like a dumb little kid." she continues to hug Xena. Gabrielle pulls back to look at her nose and kisses the tip of it. She got a rag and gently washed off the rest of the blood that was on the side and on her chin. Xena stops her and holds her hand that has the rag Gabrielle looks at the connection and connected to Xena's eyes, "Your not a little kid, you've proven that."

Gabrielle went for another hug to Xena and they just held eachother there for quiet some time.

"I told Varia that we are leaving in the morning and to for get the ceremony and they can say good bye to you in the morning."

Gabrielle just noded her head in agreement. Gabrielle then pulled back a little lightly kisses her then looks into her eyes, she also ever wondered and thought to herself what did she saw in her to be with her. Gabrielle then kisses her again although more passionately, then hugs her.

"I'm just confused," Xena rubs her back, "confused, about what?"

"Should I be doing this or go back and be a bard?" Xena leans back and looks into her green eyes.

"What is wrong with doing it all? You can do and be what ever you want to be Gabrielle your a women of many skills."

She smiles at that remark, Gabrielle puts her head on Xena's shoulder, "I don't know have not really given it much thought." "Well just give it some thought. I miss the bard too some times."

"You know as your second in command I have to take care of the queen, you know it's duty I don't take lightly." Gabrielle blinks and rubs her chin Xena takes the hand that was just rubbing her chin Xena pulls it down by her side and pulls Gabrielle in even closer and a lightly touch each others lips Gabrielle stands back to get a good look of her second of command and brings her back in and passionately kisses her. Xena takes Gabrielle out of the hot tub and makes sure she is all dried off and Gabrielle does the same for Xena. Xena then picks up Gabrielle and carries her over to the bed and lays her down and lowers herself over her and slides her leg in between Gabrielles and starts to make love to her. She pauses Xena for a brief moment. She swallows, and nibbles her lower lip, and sighs, "Xena, you might be my second in command here, but here, {as she points to her heart} you are always my number one." It brings a smile to Xena as leans in and passionately kisses the queen.

There lips explore each other lips caressing each other Xena goes down to her neck to the base of her throat then licks back up to her ear lob while she lets her hands slide all up and down her sides to her breats. Gabrielle shivers from Xena's touch. She continues kissing Gabrielle's body the soft curves of her breats down to her mid regin and down to her inner thiegh then into the middle. Xena's tongue caresses in side which Gabrielle's breathing gets a little heavier with the excitment that of the sensation that Xena was bringing her. Xena's hands went to message mode down below making a slow rymthmic motion. She then went back up to her breats letting her tongue dance over them the sensation was overwhelming even though she has done it to her many times before it's different and better everytime.

Gabrielle started to return the feeling for Xena she pushed her more back on her side and kisses her neck down to her breats making them very hard having the sensation go all the down to her core. Gabrielle caresses her hands over her body and kisses all the sensitive spots that she could find. Her hand went down caressing her thieghs and messaging her dampened folds. She also managed a nice rocking rythmic motion Gabrielle knew where her 'g' spot was and hit it everytime. She strattled her legs over the warriors middle section and continued the rocking motion while messaging her breats and licking them Xena would also still be caressing Gabrielle. She collasped and rolled on to her side and put her head on Xena's shoulder. She kisses her a little bit more nibbles on her ear and then whispers "I love you Xena." They both fell asleep with Xena on the bottom and Gabrielle mostly on top which now the anger that she had felt earlier has subsided for now replaced by love.

*************

The two forms remained motionless still the morning arose all too quickly for the two still and intertwined with each other. The sun light was getting brighter and starting to work it's way into the warriors eyes who first started to stir, she wrinkled her nose slightly and it still kind of hurt from where Gabrielle punched her, Xena opened her eyes and looked over at Gabrielle she thought to her self how peaceful and beautiful she looked sleeping and hopes that the anger will leave her soul. Xena strechted and got even closer to Gabrielle and started kissing her neck and her shoulder. Gabrielle shrugged her neck were Xena was kissing. Gabrielle woke not really wanting to get up she could stay there all day, she acknowledges her presents and rolls on top. Both started kissing passionately and Gabrielle while going for Xena's ear whispers to her, "I love you Xe..." and proceeds kissing Xena but she is headed for her mid section. Xena's breathing was getting on the heavy side feeling her soul mates tongue dances inside of her. Gabrielle then worked her way back up on Xena's breasts then to her neck. With little purrs and growls coming from both of them.

Next of course the knock of interruption on the door. Both groaned and Gabrielle stopped and collapsed on Xena. A muffled voice comes through the door.

"Queen Gabrielle?" then a muffled, response,

"Ya" Gabrielle replied as she lifts her head up.

"This is Cyane your presents is needed for breakfast." With a wry look she whispers in Xena's ear, "I thought I just had my breakfast." Xena smirkes out a smile.

Then Gabrielle looks at Xena and says under her breath, "I thought you told Varia were leaving?" Xena rolles her eyes and placed her hand on her shoulder. "I told her,,,,she must not have told Cyane."

"Being queen... su,",,,,,,she pauses and gives Xena a grimacing face then gets up with the fur rapped loosely around her body Gabrielle opens the door. Cyane saluted,

"Queen Gabrielle can you and Xena to come to break,,,,fast?" Cyane realizing that she had really interrupted something,

with a annoyed look on Gabrielle's face, holding the door open with one hand and loosly fitted fur over her body with the other not being shy for a change on her figuring out what they were doing.

" Didn't Varia tell you?" with a shocked look on her face staring at Gabrielle shaking her head,

"Uh no, tell me what?" Cyane trying to look stoic and not feeling totally stupid, Gabrielle takes a step closer to Cyane.

"Where leaving this morning and we called off the ceremony, sorry that you were not informed of this."

Cyane shakes her head, "Uh sorry no I wasn't told. for give me my queen. Gabrielle are you going to be alright?"

Gabrielle nodded her head and gave her a wink, "I will see you be fore we leave."

Cyane saluted and hastidly left. Gabrielle slammed the door shut after Cyane was well out of range. Gabrielle walked back over to the bed and sat on Xena's side of the bed Gabrielle softly caresses Xena's arm just right after that Xena got up around Gabrielle and placed her hand on her shoulder to push her self up.

"At least at home we will have privacy and not be bothered." Gabrielle sighs and placed her hands in her lap Xena returns to her after she gets her shift on, and stands in front of her, she could tell she was bothered by what she just said, "I'm sorry I didn't mean for it to sound the way it did." Gabrielle places her hands on Xena's hips and brings her in closer she kisses her stomach and brings her in for a hug. Xena places her hands on her shoulders and then bends down and kisses her head and returns the hug. She kneels down faces her caresses her cheek. A tear escapes the green pools, Xena wipes her tear dry.

"Come on lets get dressed and go home okay?"

"Ya sure."

***************

Cyane and Varia walk up to Gabrielle and both gave her a hug and salutes her "To a strong Amazon Nation." Gabrielle places one hand on Cyane's shoulder and her other hand on Varia's shoulder "Your both incharge now work with each other support each other if I hear anything to the contrary I'm coming back and kick your asses, okay?" They all kind of snorte and smile at Gabrielle and both gave her a wink back. "Come back soon," Varia told her, she nodded.

Xena walked over to the horses and put everything up on the horses and waited for Gabrielle, Xena puts her hand out for her to take which she does teary eyed and all, to help her up on Buttercup, Gabrielle gave her a pat on the head,

"Good girl Buttercup," the horse answers back with a little winey. Xena got on Argo and waved good bye to everyone as well as Gabrielle, Gabrielle wiped her eyes and waved her hand.

Gabrielle kept kind of sniffling and wiping her eye, Xena looks over,

"Are you going to be okay?"

"Ya I will, I just can't help think that I feel that I'm abandoning them letting them down," as she looks over to Xena, Xena rides close enough to reach over to touch Gabrielle's shoulder for support.

"Your not they know that, they know that you'll come back, don't be so hard on your self."

Gabrielle sniffs one more time, and tries to break a smile for Xena,

"Ya your right, we'll be back right?"

Xena winked at her and smiled back,

"Of course we will, come on this way," As Xena motions up the path,

Gabrielle halted Buttercup,

"Isn't Amphipilous this way Xena?" as she points the other way.

"I got a surprise for you up this way."

Gabrielle rode up to Xena,

"What is this w..what are you talking about?"

Xena shrugged her shoulders,

"Follow me and find out,"

Xena whistled, hya, Xena put Argo in a full run, running up the hill and down the path leaving Gabrielle in dust, Gabrielle grimaces and grunts, shook her head and hurried her horse Buttercup in Argo's path.

"Xena!!! wait!!!, Xena wait up!!!"

Xena pulled back on Argo's reigns,

"Whoa girl, whoa"

Xena had a smirk and kind of a light chuckling, Gabrielle finally got caught up.

"Xena!,"

Gabrielle said disgustedly,

"What's the matter can't keep up?"

As Xena pets Argo's side of her main,

"No not when you take off like a bat out of hell,"

Xena motioned Gabrielle to ride next to her,

"Come up next to me," Gabrielle complies to Xena's request,

"Feeling better about leaving the Amazons yet?" Xena asks,

"A little Xena it might take a day or two."

Gabrielle pulled out her water skin and took a sip and offered it to Xena, Xena took it from her and sipped on it as well, after taking a few sips while Xena handed her water skin back to her,

"Well maybe my gift will help make things better."

Gabrielle puts the skin back on her saddle bag, and with a questionable look.

"Come on Xena what is it?" Xena looks to her,

"You think I'm gonna tell you your crazy, you will see it when we get there." After a big sigh Gabrielle,

"How far is it?"

"Not too far," Xena replied,

"How far is not too far?"

No reply it was another answer that will happen when she gets there, and not before.

They rode on for quite some time the not knowing of what this is was just driving Gabrielle crazy.

"Xena is it much further?"

Xena turns to look at her with a bit of smile on her face,

"Not far." Gabrielle was lagging a little behind so she caught up again,

"Xena how come you went this way instead of our usual spot?"

"I think you will see why, can't say much with out giving it away."

Gabrielle rolled her eyes and sighed, on the frustration. It was just a little more of a way and Xena stopped just below a knoll spot, she blocked Gabrielle's way.

"Xena what is it?" Xena grabs Gabrielle's horses reigns,

"We are just about here but I want you to get off and wait here for a few."

"But why Xena?" As she gets off of Buttercup.

"I want to make sure everything is just right before you see it okay?"

Another sigh from an impatient Gabrielle,

"Alright,"

Xena went over the top of the knoll down to where she could see the extra large log cabin is, she was really impressed with all that the workers and friends did. She checked everything then headed back down. Gabrielle saw Xena coming back to here Gabrielle got the reigns of the horses and handed her reigns to her.

"Okay look before we get to the top of the hill I need to have you close your eyes." Gabrielle shook her head,

"Okay" Xena lead the way up to that point.

"Alright Gabrielle, close your eyes."

Gabrielle with bated breathe did as she asked. "alright," Gabrielle be careful walk up this way, here take my hand,"

"Okay," Gabrielle kind of tripped her way up as Xena was guiding her.

"Okay Gabrielle," as Xena put her arm around her she told her to, "Okay now look." She looks up and couldn't believe what she was seeing.

"Xe,,,,?" With Gabrielle looking at with amazement and shock,

"Well what do you think?" Xena asked as she was leading her to the front door.

"It's beautiful, this is ours?"

"Yep all yours." Gabrielle stepped up the front porch,

"Mine?" she let out a little squeal,

"Hold on." before Gabrielle got to the door Xena picked her up.

"What's this for Xe,,,?"

"I'm going to carry you over the threshold." Gabrielle kind of smiled and giggled a little, Xena managed to get the door open with arms full,

Xena stepped in looked in Gabrielle's green orbs,
"Wow" is all Gabrielle could say.

********************

"Welcome home Gabrielle," Xena put her down and she lead to where she walked Gabrielle into the upper loft that was there bed room and laid her down. Gabrielle was so over whelmed Xena sat on the bed by her side,

"Xena this is unbelievable." Xena leaned down and gave her a kiss, and looked straight into her eyes,

"You deserve it I thought it was time we had a home base." Gabrielle sat up and gave Xena a hug, and kissed her back a very long passionate kiss.

"Xena I love you,"

"I love you Gabrielle." They kiss again, Gabrielle stopped Xena for a second,

"Xena, I........"

Xena stopped her she shushes her, puts her finger over her lips to keep her quiet, Xena continues kissing Gabrielle, kissing her lips her going down to her neck. Gabrielle shrugs her neck and shoulder were she was kissing her giving her a little chill and getting goose bumps. Xena laid Gabrielle back down as she went over to the other side of the bed, Xena start undressing Gabrielle exposing her breasts, Xena couldn't believe how lucky she was too have such a beautiful women. Xena leaned more on top to kiss her again, Gabrielle sighed, Gabrielle brushed the long black hair to her side and rubbed Xena's arm all the way down and was in total submission of the warrior. Xena leans down and kiss Gabrielle on the lips down her neck and her ear lob, Gabrielle was getting chills from Xena's touch.

A few candle marks have passed..... Xena awoke first and leaned over to her Queen, she was just watching her sleep and caressed her arm, of that action Gabrielle started to stir just a little and she rolled on her side though still in sleep. Xena gave her a little kiss and decided to get up and start setting supplies up and start dinner she knew she would be hungry once she got up. Xena got dressed just in her under shift didn't really want to get back into her full leather gear besides it was a little hot and this was much cooler.

Xena had gone out side to the horses and pulled off all the gear and got them back into the cabin. There was plenty of shelving space and cupboards to put things away.

While she was doing that Gabrielle was finally getting awake, she reached out to see if Xena was still by her but she felt nothing but emptiness. Gabrielle just laid there for a minuet looking at everything around her getting use to her new surroundings that Xena had provided. She was starting to get very happy and getting that content feeling again, she hoped that it was the last of the angry feelings stayed away. She moved off enough of the bed just to be sitting on the edge and while putting her top on she was calling out Xena's name,

"Xena???" Xena answers back,

"I'm down here Gabrielle." Still being new to the place learning were everything is, she got her shift on and she went down the stairs that were curved that lead down the main floor she saw Xena around the kitchen area over by the fireplace she walked over to Xena rubbed and caressed her shoulder and arm to get her attention Xena turn to her, they look at each other Xena leans over to kiss her and Gabrielle comes in for a hug. "What did I do to deserve this?

"Thank you Xe for the cabin it's just beautiful."

Xena pulled back and stood in front of her and put her hand on her shoulder,

"You deserve it, nothing but the best for you." Xena hugged her again, she put her arm around her, "come on let me show you around."

She showed her around and then lead her outside to show her the barn and stable and they both took there horses and walked the into the barn. "nice barn Xe," As they lead each horse into there own coral they took off there saddles and took off there bridles and hung every thing up. They had plenty of water and feed for Argo and Buttercup, they both hugged them and Xena went to a barrel and tossed a apple to Gabrielle,

"Here catch," but of course Gabrielle misses and goes over to pick it up,

"Thanks Xe throw it better next time okay?"

Xena with a smirk replied,

"No you catch it better next time," They both exchanged glances and chuckled and Gabrielle went to give Buttercup her apple then she petted and hugged her again and Xena did the same with Argo, then they walked out of the barn. Xena took Gabrielle's hand and walked her over to the other side cabin,

"Come let me show behind the cabin." The cabin was situated on a cliff where you could hear the crashing sea below, but it had enough area around that was flat, and there was a path that lead down to the secluded beach. Xena took Gabrielle and showed her the hot tub of course with fire pit and sitting area around it. Over by the other side of the area was a water fall.

"Xe, this is just so beautiful again thank you, I can't believe it." Gabrielle gave Xena a big hug. Xena lead her back to the front and opened the door,

"Come on lets get dinner ready I know you must be starving." As they both walk into the cabin,

"Ya come to think of it I'm starved." Xena walked over to the fireplace, "I called it," she thought to her self, Xena proceeded to get the fire going Gabrielle sat down on chair that was over by the fireplace.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" Xena walked over to her and leaned down gave her a kiss on the forehead,

"No, tonight you don't do a thing I got everything done." and then rubs her shoulder. Gabrielle sat back in her chair not use to doing anything at least get supplies out. She watched Xena prepare the stakes and cutting the vegetables that she was going to steam cook. Xena went and got a glass of wine for her and brought to her.

"You read my mind, thanks," as she took a sip from it.

"thought you could use it by now," Xena held out her hand for Gabrielle to take it so she may take her to the dinner table.

"Come one dinner is ready," Xena lead her to the table and sat her down she sat down next to her. Gabrielle proceeded to start cutting her stake but Xena put her hands on her and took the utensils out of her hands and proceeded to cut everything up for her, she got a piece of meat with some veggies with it.

Gabrielle started to eat her meal and was impressed with Xena's cooking skills, "Xena, this is.... you should cook more often," she leans over and gives her a kiss.

Xena sat down and started,

"Nah, I'm too tired half the time from fighting,"

Gabrielle nodded her head in agreement,

"Ya, I can see that, funny I seem to fight and cook dinner too even when I'm too tired," as she took another bite of the stake.

Xena rolled her eyes, "okay you've made your point, but your still the better cook of the family."

Gabrielle placed her hand on Xena's arm, "flattery will get you... {she pauses and looks into her blue eyes and smiles,} everything, but really this is very good." Xena takes a few bites full before answering back,

"Well thanks,"

The two have finished up there meal and Xena even did the cleaning up after wards, Gabrielle was not sure why she was doing everything but she is enjoying every minuet of it. Gabrielle just sat watching Xena putting things away. Watching Xena was like watching a dance she was very smooth and elegant and graceful.

"Are you sure I can't help you?"

As Gabrielle took a few sips of wine, Xena looks towards her,

"No just about done anyway."

Xena replies as she is wiping off the plates.

"Okay, I'm going off to bed then, okay?"

As she finishes the last bit of wine in her cup she pours some more in and takes her cup, Xena's cup and the wine skin up with her.

"Okay," Xena nods & replies, "I will be right there as soon as I'm done."

Gabrielle got to the loft and set down the wine and took her cup of wine and looked over the other side were there was an opening were she could the bottom main floor she could look around and marveled at the area on how open it was.

A throat cleared behind her she turned around and saw Xena was leaning on the door entrance with her arm stretched upward Gabrielle swallowed hard and slowly walked over to Xena grabbed her cup of wine and handed it her. Xena took a sip of it Gabrielle took a sip of her wine as well then sat the cup down and walked in closer to her, Xena took one more sip of wine and set the cup down on a little table that was by the door. Gabrielle had her eyes all on Xena she was starting to breath a little hard and cleared her throat and bit her lower lip she was a little nervous and excited, Xena leaned into her brought her in they look into each other eyes and leaned down to kiss her. Gabrielle put her arms around her arms brings them up her back and kisses Xena right back down to the base of her neck. Xena takes Gabrielle's hand and leads her to bed undressing each other then Xena takes her place and lays on top of Gabrielle no words were spoken, passion filled the night air both were at a loss on how lucky they both where to have each other.

****************

Battle With In

Gabrielle awoke early and just got dressed in her light wieght shift she looked over at her lover she looked like she was such at peace she wanted to let her sleep a while longer.

She went down stairs and got her staff and stepped out side to do some work out moves with her staff. Gabrielle got in a little clear glade she would take her staff and twirle it around her body making pratice sharp moves as if she was hitting an opponent. She did this until she got a little out of breath. and sweat was running down her face off of her nose. She was starting to feel like she did before when she was on the beach naked she took a breather and walked over to a rock she sat on and took in the view of the ocean crashing on the shoreline below trying to push that anger feeling back down.

Xena came walking out with the water skin and her practicing staff she thought maybe she would work it out of her. This wasn't really the way she wanted to start the day the first day in there new cabin she didn't know how bad she was going to be to get to her she thought to herself "tough love I know but..." her thought trails off to focus for the tasks hand.

She walked up behind Gabrielle and poked her with the water skin, "Hey," Xena startled her and she jumped taking an attack stance, her heart rate jumped and she relaxed as soon as she saw it was Xena.

"No,,no hold your position," Xena tosses the water skin off to the side and she took her position. Gabrielle looked at Xena concerned on what was coming up all she was wanting to do was practice some moves.

Gabrielle started to back up facing Xena still Xena walks towards her slowly and taps her staff then she does it again. Xena takes the first swing with her staff Gabrielle blocks it Gabrielle then takes her turn and swings it at Xena. She could feel the force of the hit wood on wood viberating through her hands. "Come on, you can do better than that." Xena snares at her. Gabrielle came back at her but with a little hit. "Is that all you got, Come on!" Xena attacks her Gabrielle moves back and away. Xena takes a firm stand, "if you fight like that more Amazons are gonna die." Gabrielle glared at her and yelled out "NO!" She ran and charged at Xena full force but Xena was able to trip her up Gabrielle fell. "Come on get up, focus!" Xena snaped at her. Gabrielle stood up back on her attack position Gabrielle then starts twirling her staff she spins around fakes a high hit then spins around opposite way and swings her staff across Xena's ankles and knocks her off her feet and then puches her nose again with the staff. Gabrielle twirls the staff again and steps back and holds the staff with one hand crossing her back. Xena sits half way up and brings her hand to nose, "guess I asked for that one." She glares at Gabrielle "very good." Gabrielle then in turns yells at her, "come on get up," Xena still down "Come on fight your not going to let blood stop you are you?"

Xena staggers to her feet and grabbed her staff Gabrielle lunges at her before she could get her staff up Xena had to block with her hands Gabrielle went at her again this time Xena grabs her staff turns her around and was able to flip her over her back and pull her staff out of her hands then Xena went to twirl the staff around and clipps Gabrielle across the chin knocking her out cold Gabrielle falls to the ground hard. Xena tosses the staff to the side and being out of breath she stands with her hands on her knees letting the blood drip from her nose. She staggers over to the water skin and grabs it and walks over to were Gabrielle is and sits down by her and lets her lay there for a few moments. Xena wipes the blood off of her nose and takes several sips of water. Xena stretches out on her side rests on her elbow and watches her and hopes she wont be mad when she comes too, Xena leans over and kisses her forehead.

Gabrielle starts to stir abit Gabrielle could feel the pain on her chin she drew her hand up to where the pain was. She managed to open her eyes and sees Xena, "Hi," as Xena rubs her nose, Hmmmm "Hi, is that all you can say?" As Gabrielle rubs her chin.

Gabrielle was able to sit up and crosses her legs looking at Xena's nose with a grimicing painful look on her face, "sorry I keep going for your nose don't I." she snorts a little bit but not too much it hurts to laugh, she grabs the water skin and took several sips and then rubbing her chin again after moving her mouth to drink, "man that smarts." "Xena this really hurts why did you do that?" Xena still wiping blood off her nose and shows it to her, "this doesn't exactly tickle you know either."

Xena slid next to Gabrielle and she put her arm around her shoulders, nudges her, "so are we getting better?" they share a glance and Gabrielle rolls her eyes sheepishly, "Ya it's getting there, maybe some day after my battles I wont have to battle myself, wonder why that is Xe???" Xena shrugs her shoulders, "I don't know we may never know, but I'm always here for you just incase."

Xena stands up and hands her hand to take to help her up, "Come on."

"What?" As Gabrielle stands up and puts her arm around Xena's waist.

"I have another surprise for you." She leds her to the fire pit area where there are two beach chairs to sit. Xena leads her to her chair and she goes over to a leather bag with a cover on it.

"Here you go."

"w....what is it?" Xena kneels next to her and then opens it for her.

"Scrolls, lot of scrolls," Gabrielle says with wide eyes.

"Ya see here too I got you plenty of ink and even in different colors, and here on this side here are a couple of different quills for you to use."

"Xe....it's beautiful thank you." She leans over to her and gives her a kiss.

"How can I ever repay you for this?"

"You don't, but if you want write me a poem some time call it even."

Xena got up and started a fire in the fire pit and sat in her chair which was right next to hers. Gabrielle sat there holding her new leather bag like a new born baby in total amazment. She looked over to Xena and Xena looked at her, she rub her chin which was still hurting and Xena rubbed her nose they both chuckled. They both sat back both in there chairs Gabrielle held out her arm over her arm of her chair Xena did the same they were close enough to hold hands which they did as the two watching the clouds roll by with sun filtering through them seeing a seagul fly here and there feeling at peace, Gabrielle didn't feel any more of the angry feelings like she was before and she hopes that they will stay away for a long time, but they wont they will come back in many different forms and challenges but for now they sat there for the rest of the day watched the blue clouded sky turn to a bright red and orange and pink colored sky until the stars came dancing on the night sky.

Xena's nose, Gabrielle's chin both rubbing where it was still sore both say at the same time. "ow." Still at peace.

The End

Author's Page

Return to the Academy