The Message Chapter 7

Author’s Note: Thank you to all of you who have been taking time to give me feedback about the story so far. I have enjoyed meeting you through The Message! I especially appreciate the assistance my new friend from Georgia gave me on portions of this chapter. I’m glad you decided not to hold it against me that my Lady Vols beat up on your Lady Bulldogs. This story will eventually contain a “loving” relationship between two women but in the meantime, this chapter contains a little something to get your attention. And yes it is between two women. The characters, town and storyline are all products of my imagination.

January 2007 © J.A. Breeze

The Message

By J.A. Breeze

jabreeze45@yahoo.com

 

CHAPTER 7

After they had talked with their father, Courtney and Brandon spent the evening in their rooms. Jennifer respected their need for privacy. She knew her children. When they decided they were ready to talk, they would let her know.

She straightened the kitchen and spent a couple hours in her home office going over budget reports and attempting to concentrate on the issues she was facing at work. She couldn’t stay focused and finally gave up without much to show for her time.

She walked through the house making sure the doors were locked. Set the security alarm. Turned out the lights and made her way upstairs to the bedrooms. She reached Brandon’s door and after knocking softly, she peeked in to find him lying on his bed playing a video game.

“I’m heading to bed, honey. Do you need anything?”

“No, Mom, I’m fine,” he said without taking time to look up from the game.

“You know where I’ll be if you need me. Good night. I love you.”

“Love you, too,” her son mumbled, as his eyes remained glued to the game.

She found her daughter lying on her back with the lights out except for a bedside lamp that had turned to dim. Jennifer’s heart went out to her daughter knowing she had most likely been lying in the darkened room thinking about all that had happened that day.

“Are you okay, Courtney?”

“I’m fine, Mom.”

“I’m going to bed but wanted to see if you need anything before I turn in.”

“I’m fine, Mom. Really. I promise.”

“Okay, then I’ll head on to my room. You know I’m here if you need to talk. I love you, honey.”

“I know. I love you, too, Mom.”

“Good night, sweetie”

“Good night.”

Jennifer automatically completed her nighttime routine as she prepared for bed. She was struck by the coolness of her satin gown as it slid along her shower-warmed skin. Her nipples hardened at the contact and chill bumps spread along her arms. Sending a tingle to her center.

Trying to ignore the sensation, she turned back the covers and adjusted her pillow before settling on the left side of the bed. Rolling onto her right side, she looked at the expanse of empty space in the king-size bed. She let her hand stroke back and forth over the mattress but attempted to stop her imagination from conjuring up someone to share the space.

Frustrated by her inability to control her thoughts, she punched her pillow with a fist and rolled onto her left side turning away from the emptiness. But that caused her to stare at the face of a clock that reminded her of the earliness of the hour. Damn it’s just ten-thirty. It feels like it should be much later!

Rolling onto her back she tried to ignore the hum of the clock and relax enough to sleep. But the more she tried; the more sleep evaded her. The more the unwanted need inside of her grew. Dammit I don’t need to do this now. Please just let me go to sleep. I have to break the hold she has on me.

She gave up knowing that her body had already started to remember a touch that her mind longed to forget—the feel of soft skin and lips against her own. She pulled a pillow to the front of her body wrapping both her arms and legs snugly around it and allowed memories of Tessa to surface.

That first night when they left the Third Street Bar, Tessa had been so tender, so caring and yet filled with passion.

Tessa guided her out of the bar and into an adjoining parking lot. She opened the passenger door of a black sedan and assisted Jennifer into her seat. Then she leaned in and gently stroked her fingers down the side of Jennifer’s face, across her lips and down her neck to her chest.

Jennifer’s breathing became even more rapid as the blood rushed to her head and other parts of her body that screamed for attention—for release.

“I can’t wait to have you. I’ve waited so long for you to be mine,” Tessa whispered. She claimed a brief kiss and then she straightened and moved around the car to take the driver’s seat.

Tessa linked her fingers with Jennifer’s holding their joined hands against her thigh. Only a few minutes passed before they pulled into an apartment complex. Tessa escorted Jennifer from the car and kept a hand at the center of her back as they entered the building and moved toward the elevator. The security guard at the desk greeted Tessa but she failed to notice.

Inside the elevator, Tessa pushed the button for the tenth floor. As soon as the doors slid closed, she pulled Jennifer to her and opened the buttons on her blouse and easily found the front closure for her bra opening it with the simple twist of her fingers. Before the elevator reached her floor she had already taken Jennifer’s hardened nipple into her mouth to suckle and worry it with her tongue. She brought her hand up to cup her other breast, stroking her thumb back and forth over the nipple, thumb and tongue working in unison to bring pleasure, to create need. “So beautiful. I always knew you would be.”

“Oh my God,” Jennifer moaned at the attention her tender breasts received. “It’s been so long since I’ve felt like this.”

“Baby, you haven’t felt anything yet. I’m just getting started. I have got to have you … now! I need you now,” Tessa said as she continued to lavish attention on the breasts she held in her hands. She looked into Jennifer’s eyes, allowing her to see the fire within her own. “Please, baby, don’t make me wait.”

Reaching behind her, Tessa pushed the stop button on the elevator.  She drew Jennifer into her powerful embrace plundering Jennifer’s mouth with her own. Jennifer’s knees began to weaken as she was consumed by need for the other woman. All she could do was hold on to Tessa’s hips and go where she led. Before she knew what was happening, Jennifer found herself pushed up against the wall with Tessa molded to her front, holding her in place.

“Please tell me you want me. Baby, I can’t wait any longer,” Tessa begged.

“Yes, I want you. I want you inside of me now,” Jennifer begged as she pressed Tessa’s hand to her center surrendering to the need of her body.

Tessa didn’t hesitate as she used the palm of her hand to cup Jennifer’s warmth. She pressed the ball of her hand ever more firmly against Jennifer and felt the wetness soaking through her slacks. She returned her mouth to Jennifer’s breasts ravishing them with her lips and tongue while she continued to palm Jennifer’s center, fueling the building heat. Jennifer whimpered when Tessa removed her hand but drew in a sharp breath when she realized Tessa was moving to kneel before her.

Releasing the button at the top of Jennifer’s slacks, Tessa slid down the zipper and in one sweep pulled her pants and panties down exposing more of her lover’s nakedness. Tessa watched Jennifer’s reaction closely as she ran her hands up and down Jennifer’s legs. She caressed her thighs. Kneaded her muscles as she drew ever closer to her goal. Jennifer gasped for breath as Tessa pushed her legs apart and Jennifer barely registered the words Tessa uttered just before her tongue met her center. “You are mine now and I will never give you up.”

Jennifer was teetering on the edge and knew it wouldn’t take much to push her over. She moved a hand to the back of Tessa’s head encouraging her ever closer. Her release came as Tessa stroked her with a stiffened tongue and then began to gently suckle. Jennifer held firmly to Tessa’s strong shoulders as she rode the waves of her climax and her knees began to give out.

“Please I can’t take anymore,” she mumbled over the tremors that had laid claim to her body.

“Yes, you can,” Tessa replied as she continued to feast at Jennifer’s center all the while holding her upright against the wall of the elevator.

Without Tessa’s firm support, Jennifer would have surely fallen when she reached her second climax just moments later.

“My God, you’re killing me.”

“Not killing you, baby. Just giving you a taste of what lies ahead,” Tessa said as she rose to her feet and locked her mouth with Jennifer’s once again.

Why do I let you do this to me? You have got to get out of my head and leave me in peace.

But Jennifer knew that her body had responded to the memory of Tessa just like it always did. The evidence of her response, her arousal clung to her fingers tormenting her, once again.

“How can someone so evil have such a hold over my body? I can’t keep on like this. It has got to stop. One way or the other I have to get her out of my life, for good!”

Glancing at the clock, Jennifer noted that it was after midnight and she prayed sleep would claim her soon.

*******

“Why in the hell did I let my mother guilt me into making this trip?” Casey asked herself early the next morning as she prepared for the trip home. She had promised to be there by ten o’clock and would be late if she didn’t leave soon.

“My one day to relax and maybe even sleep in. But no I have to get up early and make an hour and a half drive home just so my mother knows her baby girl is okay!” Casey complained to herself.

She had just finished packing an overnight bag when the telephone rang. Glancing at the clock she noted it was only a few minutes after eight.

“Wonder who is calling this early? Guess there’s just one way to find out,” she said as she crossed the room to pick up the phone. She didn’t recognize the number but decided to answer anyway.

“Hello?”

“Ms. Jarnigan?”

“Yes, this is Casey Jarnigan.”

“This is Jennifer Gibson and you told me I should call.”

“Oh, hello, I’m glad to hear from you. Are you okay?” she asked in concern.

“I really need to talk to someone. Actually, I think we need to talk. Could you possibly meet me? Or could I make an appointment to see you?”

“You already know that I’ve been anxious to talk to you. When can we get together?”

“Really, Ms. Jarnigan, the sooner the better. I want to get this over with before I change my mind.”

Casey could sense the uncertainty and perhaps even a touch of fear in the other woman’s voice. She didn’t want to risk her changing her mind. She could have valuable information that would help the investigation. Yeah and she’s damned beautiful, too. Casey made a quick decision her trip home would have to wait a few hours.

“How about in an hour?” she heard herself ask.

“Are you sure that won’t interfere with your plans for the day?”

“Nothing I had planned is more important that meeting with you. Do you want to meet me somewhere or do you want me to come to you?”

“I hate to put you out. I can certainly meet you somewhere convenient to your home.”

“It’s not a problem. I’d be happy to come to you. Just give me your address.”

“If you’re sure?”

“I am, honestly.”

Once Jennifer had the address, she zipped her overnight bag closed and looped the strap over her shoulder. She’d have a quick talk with the newspaper publisher and then be on her way home.

Less than thirty minutes later she pulled onto a long winding driveway leading to an impressive brick home situated on the crest of a hill.

“What a show place. Why in the world would anyone need this much house?”

The driveway became a circle as it reached the front of the house but also continued in a straight line to what Casey guessed was the garage located at the back of the house. “Not that this is a house. It’s more like a damned mansion.”

She made her way along the walkway to the front door and rang the bell. When the door opened the vision before her took her breath away. Jennifer Gibson was dressed casually in a pair of formfitting jeans and a faded Western Kentucky University t-shirt. The shirt hugged her breasts displaying their fullness to perfection. But what struck Casey the most was the welcoming smile the publisher was sending her way. Casey was certain she had never seen anything more lovely.

The assistant DA wasn’t the only one adjusting to what a change in clothing could do. Casey was dressed in black jeans that looked like they had been painted on. Her tank top was just as tight and showed off strong shoulders and biceps. Jennifer suddenly felt the need to moisten her lips.

Casey watched Jennifer’s tongue dart out to lick across her lips and reacted with a jolt in her stomach. Damn she is beautiful. But we can’t stand here all day gawking at each other.

“I’m glad you called.”

“So am I. Won’t you come in?”

Casey tried not to stare as Jennifer led her across the foyer and along a hallway to the kitchen. My God what a lovely ass. Delectable. She is stunning. And the way she moves. Casey felt her face begin to burn from her reaction to watching the other woman walk.

“I hope you don’t mind but I thought we could talk in here and maybe have a cup of coffee,” Jennifer said as she noticed a light blush on the DA’s face.

“Coffee would be great. Thank you.”

“Have you eaten?”

“I’m fine really. Coffee will be plenty.”

“Suit yourself but I baked these blueberry muffins just this morning.” Jennifer said as she pointed out a basket on the small table situated in front of a full-length window.

Casey took a seat at the table Jennifer indicated and gave a quick look around the kitchen. My God, my entire apartment would fit in here. This looks like something out of a magazine.

“Nice place,” she said as Jennifer placed a tray with two mugs of coffee, creamer and sugar on the table. She also placed a small plate and a napkin in front of Casey and served her a muffin before taking one for herself.

“Go on. Try it. They’re very good. I promise.”

“They do look good,” Casey said just before she bit into the muffin. Jennifer watched her closely for a reaction. “Mm  … these aren’t just good. They are delicious!”

“I told you,” Jennifer said exposing her teasing side to the assistant DA.

“So … have you lived here long?” Casey asked in an attempt to get the conversation started. She could tell that although friendly the other woman was somewhat ill at ease.

“We moved here about fifteen years ago. Just after our daughter was born.”

“It’s a very nice place. Your family must love it here.”

“Yes, it is a nice house.”

“Do you think you’re ready to talk to me, to tell me why you wanted to see me?”

“I suppose I should stop wasting your time and get to the point,” Jennifer said as she toyed with the spoon she had used to stir creamer into her coffee. Casey watched as she rolled the spoon handle back and forth between her fingers. Without giving it thought, Casey reached out and covered the busy had with her own.

“It’s okay, Jennifer, you can talk to me. I’m here to help you if I can. I promise you can trust me.”

It felt amazing to the distraught woman to have the comfort of the other woman’s touch. Jennifer could feel the concern and see the sincerity shining in the warm brown eyes.

“Thank you. For some reason, and I’m not sure why, I do believe you are perhaps the only person who can help be sort this mess out.”

“I promise you that I’ll do everything I can to help you and to keep you safe,” Casey said as her thumb began to gently rub the hand it covered.

Jennifer placed her left hand on top of Casey’s where it continued to hold hers and lightly squeezed. “Thank you, Casey. I hope you don’t regret spending a part of your Saturday morning on my problems.”

The publisher then leaned back and in so doing she released her hand from Casey’s.

“As I told my friend, Janie, yesterday. This may take awhile and it certainly isn’t a pretty tale.”

“That’s okay. Take all the time you need.”

The quick stop, Casey thought she would make at Jennifer’s turned into more than an hour as she listened to the other woman’s story. All the while wondering what it would be like to dance with Jennifer, to hold her close, to feel her lips against her own. Time and time again she had to mentally shake herself as she became transfixed by the movement of Jennifer’s mouth as she formed the words to tell her story.

“So, do you think my situation with Tessa has anything to do with the case you’re working on?” Jennifer asked as she finished.

“I honestly don’t know, but it seems like there is at least that possibility. I’ll have the investigators who are working with me do some checking and perhaps they can help us with those answers.”

“Will you have to tell them about me? About how I know Tessa?” Jennifer questioned.

“Jennifer, I will do everything I can to protect your privacy. I certainly don’t want to hurt you.”

“I believe you mean that. Thank you, Casey.”

“You’re welcome and let me assure you that this investigation is being conducted very discreetly. We want to find the people responsible not hurt innocent victims. Now, I have a few questions if you’re up for them.”

“Sure. I’ve already bared my shame to you. I’ll attempt to answer any questions you have.”

“First, tell me all you can about Tessa. Where she works. What kind of car she drives. Where she lives.”

“She’s an investment banker and works at Wilmington National Trust downtown. But I’m not sure she’s there any longer.”

“That’s okay we should be able to get a handle on where she is.”

“As for the car she drives, it was a black sedan, a Lincoln, I think. One of the smaller, sportier ones though. Not a town car.”

“And you said she has an apartment downtown as well?”

“Yes. I was there several times while we were seeing each other. It’s just off Tennessee Boulevard at Worington Place.”

“Do you remember the apartment number?”

“Tenth floor. Apartment ten-forty.”

“Okay that gives us some basic information on her to get us started. But you mentioned that she has threatened your daughter and expects you to meet her Monday.”

“She is constantly pushing me to see her by claiming she’ll expose me as a lesbian. I’ve grown to not take it very seriously. But when this first started I always gave in to what she wanted. I set a pattern that told her she could control me.” Jennifer was running her hands through her hair in obvious irritation.

“Hey. It’s okay. We all make mistakes. I’ve certainly made my share. You are going to be okay.”

“Thank you. I can’t believe how kind you’re being to me. There is one other thing you should know. That day you came to my office. She called just as you left and warned me not to talk to you. Said you couldn’t help me.”

“That’s interesting that she would know I was there,” Casey said as she made yet another note on the pad that was quickly filling.

“Jennifer, I want to be honest with you. Whether she is part of my investigation or not, you need to be very careful, for yourself and for your family.”

“It was her threat against Courtney that decided this for me. I can’t let her hurt one of my kids,” Jennifer said as tears filled her eyes.

“I will do everything in my power to make sure that never happens. I promise,” Casey gave her word as she struggled with her own response to Jennifer’s tears.

“I’m sorry. I’m usually not like this but I’ve been a wreck the last few days,” Jennifer said as she used her fingers to wipe the tears from her cheeks.

“It’s okay. I understand. You’ve been through a lot and carried quite a load by yourself. It’s understandable that the stress is getting to you. Let someone help you with that … let me help you.” Casey had intended for her words to be reassuring but to her dismay the other woman burst out into sobbing tears, burying her face in her hands.

Acting on instinct, Casey moved around the table and knelt at Jennifer’s side. She began to gently stroke Jennifer’s back, speaking in a whisper as she attempted to soothe the smaller woman. “It’ll be okay. I’m going to help you through this.”

Suddenly Jennifer turned and flung herself into Casey’s arms. Locking her arms around Casey’s shoulders as she burrowed her face in the taller woman’s neck. For just a second Casey hesitated, then she allowed her arms to close around Jennifer. “It’ll be okay. I promise you. You are going to be fine.” She repeated again and again as she moved them in a gentle rocking motion.

Jennifer exulted in being held in Casey’s arms. Her head tucked just below Casey’s chin. She felt more cared for and safer than she had felt in a long, long time. She found herself snuggling closer into Casey’s body and she began to nuzzle her nose into the soft skin of Casey’s neck. It was then that she came to senses and pulled back but just enough to look the taller woman in the face.

“I am so sorry. First I cry all over you and now I’m practically crawling all over you. You must think I’m a horrible person.”

“Shh,” Casey quieted her with a finger gently placed over the same pair of lips that had held her attention for more than an hour. “It’s okay, Jennifer.”

The tender look in Casey’s eyes and the feel of her finger pressed against her lips, stirred a need deep inside Jennifer—a longing to be loved and cherished. She let just the tip of her tongue peek through her lips and make light contact with the other woman’s finger. It was just a fleeting contact but long enough that she tasted the saltiness of Casey’s skin.

Casey watched the emotions play across Jennifer’s face. She recognized just the moment when Jennifer went from needing comfort to desire. She watched the green eyes darken and become cloudy with need. It took all the self-control she could gather to keep from pulling Jennifer into her arms and claiming all the other woman offered. Instead she gently caressed the tempting lips with a single finger and pulled away.

“Jennifer, I think perhaps that I should go,” she said even as she continued to look deep into her eyes.

It was as if Casey’s words woke her from a trance and Jennifer realized just where she was and more importantly who was with her.

“Oh, God. Casey, I am so sorry. I swear I am not normally like this.”

“It’s okay, Jennifer. Really, it is but I think I should go now. Will you be okay?”

“Of course, I’ll be fine. And, Casey?”

“Yes?”

“Thank you for … well for everything.”

“You’re welcome and now I’m going to get out of your way,” Casey said as she rose to her feet.

“I’ll see you out,” Jennifer offered as she gestured for Casey to precede her out of the kitchen.

Jennifer’s eyes were glued to the form of the taller woman’s back as she followed her to the door. What an incredible body. She is exceptional in every way.

“Call me if you need me for anything. Day or night. It doesn’t matter. And be careful until we know what we’re dealing with.”

“I will and again, Casey, thank you. And I’m so sorry for having a melt down on you.”

“It’s okay. Really. And, I mean it. Call me. Don’t hesitate.”

“I will, I promise.”

The door clicked closed behind Casey and Jennifer leaned her back against the door.

“What in the hell just happened here?”

Casey took a deep breath as she walked to her car. Once she was behind the wheel she hesitated just a moment before she started the engine.

“My God! What just happened in there?”

TBC

Please send comments to: jabreeze45@yahoo.com

Return to the Academy