Coffee

by Jenna Dixon


Feedback: palaker2000@yahoo.co.uk


3

When Tyler said that to me 'welcome home' my heart just filled with love. We went in and Tyler took my coat and I looked around. Her house was nice, nothing elaborate just well Tyler. She came up behind me and put her arms around me, I leaned back into her and we just stood soaking up the feelings.

Tyler put on some music and I sat on the sofa, she sat next to me and put her arm around me and we just listened, not feeling the need to speak. After a while Tyler asked me what I wanted to eat.

"What do you want?"

She laughed, "Well, I can't cook."

I looked at her and smiled, "You're only telling me this now?"

She grinned at me, something I hoped she would do a lot because it was so sexy. "Yeah, I hoped you could."

I shook my head; "You…are…lucky. I love to cook. So how about I make us something."

"I would love that, I'll help."

We got up and went into the kitchen, and after she showed me where everything was I started to make dinner.

********

'She is so funny, I think I fall more in love with her every second'.

Ryan's cooking and I'm on chopping duty that I can manage. "How much of this do you want."

She looked at the herbs I'd already chopped and said, "That's fine."

She took them and added them to the pan; I love to watch her. Everything she does is so precise and definite.

"Do you know how much I love you?"

'Oh my god! I can't believe I said that now, what the hell was I thinking? I could've picked a more romantic time to declare my love, not in the kitchen'.

She's stopped stirring, but she hasn't turned around, 'what am I gonna do?'

"Say that again." She says quietly.

I take a deep breath, and I say it. "I love you."

And I wait, not breathing to see what she does.

********

'She loves me, I can't believe it. I'd better say something else she'll think I'm horrified or something'. I turn around slowly, she's not looking at me, her head is down. I walk over to her and tilt her face up towards me and smile, she smiles back; a little unsure.

"I am so in love with you Tyler James, that I honestly think my hearts going burst because there is no more room for all the love that I feel."

She looks so happy, she grabs me and spins me around the kitchen. She puts me down and we kiss, souls joining.

"You scared me there for a minute, I thought I'd freaked you out."

I shake my head, "No, I just wasn't sure I heard you say it, or if I was imagining it because I wanted it more than anything."

"It's definitely real, I love you Ryan Phillips more than anything."

********

'I am so glad, my heart was in my mouth for a second there'.

We finish cooking dinner and I set the table, with a candle and the lights down low. She brings in plates filled with something that smells great. We sit down and I take a bite.

"This is delicious."

She smiles at me, "Thank you."

I couldn't tear my gaze away; I was lost in the depths of those green eyes. I watched her as she stood; she walked over and stood in front of me. I looked up at her and took the hand that she held out.

We walked into the living room and sat on the sofa again.

"Are you alright?" I asked her.

"Yeah, I'm great. I just wanted to get comfy."

I smiled at her, never before had I met a woman with the same inner light that Ryan seemed to have, she loved me and for that I was very grateful.

********

After dinner I got nervous again, that's why I decided to sit on the sofa and just talk. I knew that we'd talked pretty much all day. But, talking to Tyler helped my relax.

"Tyler?"

"Yeah."

"Tell me about the writers block."

I felt her take a deep breath, and I held her hand tighter.

"Ever since the accident I haven't been able to write, I can sit in front of my computer for hours but can't write a word."

I took her in my arms. "I'm sorry about that sweetheart." 'Wow, that felt really good to say'.

"I know, it'll come back I just have to let it come when it's ready."

Well at least she didn't block me out, I thought she was a very strong woman. And I was happy just to snuggle on the sofa. Basking in the warmth of our love.

********

'I have never been happier', my life finally felt complete.

I looked at Ryan and felt the force pull us closer together until we kissed, kisses went from chaste to passionate. I pulled away and asked Ryan the question without speaking. She nodded, I stood and pulled her up and we walked hand in hand to my bedroom.

We stood at the bottom of my bed, just looking at each other, we kissed again and we lay on the bed, just kissing.

********

'I can't believe how perfect that was'; I'm lying here watching Ryan sleeping. She looks so peaceful, I want to spend the rest of my life with this beautiful woman lying beside me.

Suddenly, I had the urge to write. I didn't want to leave Ryan, but I knew she would understand. As quietly and gently I got out of bed, I kissed her on the forehead and went to my office. I booted up my computer and when it was ready I started to type, words seemed to flow.

********

I woke up when I couldn't feel Tyler beside me, I waited thinking she had gone to the bathroom, but when she didn't come back for a while I went to look for her. As soon as I left the bedroom I heard the sound of typing, I looked in and saw Tyler typing furiously. she didn't hear me so I decided to watch her.

After about ten minutes she looked up, blinking when she saw me.

"Hey. How long have you been up?" I said.

"About an hour, how long have you been watching?"

I walked in and gave her a kiss, "Only about five minutes, I didn't want to disturb you."

"I didn't want to leave you, but I just had to write."

I smiled at her, "Don't worry. I'm just glad you got over your writers block."

"I didn't, it was you. I think my life is so complete now, that I didn't have any reason to not write any more. I think losing Nikki was the catalyst, but meeting you was the cure."

I kissed her again, "Well, I'll leave you to it."

"No, stay. I won't be long. But I'd like the company."

I smiled and snuggled on the chair next to her desk. Just keeping her company.

"I love you."

She looked at me, that little smile I decided I liked… a lot. "I love you."

I smiled, feeling so happy.

Forever.

The End


Back To Main Page