This story begins where Ares' Gift left off.

DISCLAIMERS: These characters still belong to MCA, Universal and Renaissance Pictures and not, unfortunately, to me. The story, however, is mine. Please refrain from plagiarizing.

This story depicts two adult women who are in a very loving relationship. If you are not of age.....SCAT.


THREE WEEKS does not a life time make. OH YEAH?

by Lena
p1377@ametro.net


"Mmmmmmm, Xena." Gabrielle purred as she kissed her lover deeply, reaching up to run her fingers through the raven hair.

The warrior felt the familiar spread of fire in her loins, fanned by desire denied too long. "Oh, gods, Gabrielle." Xena leaned her forehead against her lover's and tried to catch her breath. "Let me put the baby in her crib."

"Xena, you know what the healer said, nothing strenuous for at least three more weeks. She specifically stated "NO SEX"." Gabrielle sat up on their pallet.

"Aw, come on..... Ok, we'll just neck like a couple of kids. Nothing below the waist." Xena's eyes were full of hope and fire.

"You swear. Nothing below the waist."

"I swear on Ares' head." Xena said as she pulled the frustrated little bard into her strong arms and kissed her passionately.

Much moaning and groping later:

"Xena, slow down..... stop..... by the gods....., Xena STOP !!!!!" Gabrielle rolled from under her extremely aroused lover.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING.....? GABRIELLE!" The dumfounded warrior bellowed.

"We can't do this. Xena, you swore, just a little necking. That's not a little necking." She panted.

"I swore on Ares' head. That doesn't count." Xena snickered.

"We are not amused." The little Amazon Queen retorted, hands on slim hips.

"Gabrielle....., please...... I'm alright. Making love with you isn't gonna kill me. Believe me. Now, GET BACK HERE." Xena demanded.

The warrior mother's face was beet red, with sweat soaked hair, her pulse visibly beating furiously in her neck, she struggled to breath passed the fluid still crowding her lungs.

"Xena, you need to calm down. The healer is right. You are not ready for this, yet. Let's go for a walk and burn off some of this energy."

"Gabrielle..........., I am..... so..... very..... ready for this."

"Now, listen, you're scaring me. Look at yourself in the glass. You look like you're about to explode." Gabrielle brought the looking glass to Xena.

"I am..... That's the whole idea." Xena grabbed the glass away from her lover.

"Aw, Hera's Tits. I look awful." The warrior sat back on her knees on their bed forcing herself to take slow deep breaths until her racing heart slowed. "Why in tartarus is this happening to me. All I did was have a baby. I didn't have any problems with Solon." Xena looked toward her partner who appeared about to respond. "Don't say it. I know it's been 20 years. I know I'm not as young as I use to be. I know I ate too many of your dumplings with the sweet red stuff in them for the last three moons of my pregnancy. Gods, I can't get a break." She blew out her moist breath through pursed lips in frustration. "If I don't get some relief soon, I'm just going to spontaneously combust."

Gabrielle came to sit next to her Consort and placed a consoling arm around her heaving shoulders. "You alright? You want to go take that walk now?"

Xena leaned into her partner, feeling suddenly very tired. "No. If you don't mind I think I'll take a nap before feeding time."

"Ok. Is it alright if I take a walk. I need to go sit in the snow and cool off." Gabrielle chuckled as she walked out of the door.

***

For the next quarter moon Xena moped and pouted, responding in monosyllabic growls to any inquiry to her state of health. The only joy she found was when she held her daughter in her arms as the young princess suckled at her breast.

"Xena, why don't you go downstairs and help your Mom? I am sure there are many chores she could use your help with that wouldn't require your lifting anything heavy." Gabrielle suggested to her brooding partner as she rested her hand upon a slumped shoulder.

Xena felt the familiar warmth on her skin as she straightened her tunic. "Are you sure I'm not too frail?" Xena responded with a sneer, laying her sated daughter in the crib.

"Why must you be so difficult? You have been punishing me with this silence routine ever since I refused to have sex with you and I am good and tired of it. Now, if you don't want to lend your Mom a hand in the tavern, fine, but get out of this room. Go visit Argo. I'm sure she could use a good grooming."

"Aren't you afraid I might strain myself picking up her brush?"

"That's it! I don't care what you do. I'm taking Arielle down to visit with Cyrene and the family. You are welcome to join us." With that the irritated little bard grabbed up her daughter and a blanket, turned on her heels and left the sullen warrior all alone in her misery.

***

"You listen to me, old woman, you are going to tell Gabrielle that you made a mistake and I am perfectly fit to have sex. In return, I promise not to lift anything heavy, to continue with that melon and lemon juice routine, take a few brisk walks a day and I promise to leave you and your home intact." Xena said these lasts words with an intimidating sneer.

"NO! I will not put your life in danger. Look at yourself, Warrior. Your body is still retaining too much fluid. Your eyes are puffy and I'll wager you can't even make a tight fist. I can hear you wheezing from here." The healer stood her ground.

Xena gave Alena the "look" as she slowly, menacingly approached the stubborn healer.

"No. I won't do it. You don't scare me anymore, Warrior. That little ... um... companion of yours would never forgive me if I allowed you to do harm to yourself. You need to follow the routine we discussed for at least one half moon longer and then we can reevaluate your progress."

Xena was livid. "I am sick to death of being told what to do and when I can do it and I am tired of your euphemisms. Gabrielle is my WIFE and as such I am allowed to enjoy certain privileges, which you would deem fit to deny me. Well that is just not gonna happen anymore. I will have MY WIFE!!!."

"Over my dead body!" Alena puffed out her ample chest with bravado as her heart pounded with fear.

The warrior growled, "That can be arranged."

"Stop it! Stop it right now! That is quite enough from you Warrior Princess."

The two women turned to see a very irate Amazon Queen standing in the doorway.

"Xena, I won't have you speaking to Alena like that. If it weren't for her, I'd have lost you and our child. It has become painfully obvious that you cannot control your baser instincts, therefore it is up to me to help you help yourself by removing the object of your lust. I'm going home to mother." Gabrielle stormed out of the room leaving a stunned Warrior Princess stuttering in astonishment.

***

Xena stood in the middle of their room, watching her partner as she packed for her trip to Potadia, a look of panic on her too flushed face. "You're leaving us?" The words were barely audible.

Gabrielle never stopped packing as she responded. "Yes. I'll leave with the trade caravan in the morning. I'm going to take Argo with me. I'll need her to get back here."

"Gabrielle, please stop packing and talk to me."

"No. I've tried that. It didn't work. Actions speak louder than words."

Sitting on their pallet, the distraught beauty fought, unsuccessfully, to hold back her tears. "You win. I give up."

"What was that?" The bard froze in her tracks.

"I said," Xena sniffled and cleared her throat. "You win. I'll do exactly what the healer says. I swear it on my Mother's head, just don't leave.....please." The last word was followed by a strangled sob as the frustrated woman let loose her hormonally enhanced tears.

Seeing her usually stoic lover breakdown broke the determined little bard's resolve. "Oh, Xena, don't cry. I'll stay. But, you have to stick to your word. Ok?" Gabrielle wrapped her arms around the sobbing woman."

"Ok." Xena nodded her head in affirmation.

"Now, it's been a trying morning, we both could use a nap." Gabrielle reclined on the pallet with her open arms beckoning to her soulmate. "Come on, love, let me hold you. Don't worry about the baby. If she gets hungry, she'll let us know."

"She got that trait from you." Xena smiled as she wiped the tears from her cheeks.

The soggy warrior climbed onto the pallet and into her wife's warm embrace, accepting a loving kiss on her raven head. "Aw centaur shit, Gabrielle, I don't know how you put up with me. I'm such an emotional wreck. I have no impulse control, everything makes me want to bawl. My breasts are leaking and my nipples burn like fire. I have to pee all night and I am so horny I can't look at you without creaming my leathers. I'm a mess."

"Yes, you are. But, you're my mess and I happen to love you with all I am. Remember, Xe, this too shall pass."

"Yea, like a kidney stone." Xena made a face and nestled onto Gabrielle's small shoulder and fell into a peaceful slumber.

***

Xena was jolted awake by the sound of Arielle's wails of hunger. "Sh, sh, sh, my little princess, you'll wake your mommy. And you wouldn't like your mommy when she first awakens. She's downright scarey."

"Xe, don't tell her that. I am not cranky in the morning."

"He, he, you are too."

"Am not!..... Hey, did you just call me mommy?" The groggy bard's head began to clear.

Warm smiles were shared between the couple. "I know the Amazons who have children together usually have one parent called Mother and one called Mommy. I'm definitely not a "Mommy". I'm more the "Mother" type. Is that Ok with you?"

"That's more than Ok with me." Gabrielle's face glowed. "Thanks, Xena."

"No..... Thank you. For putting up with me these last few weeks. It couldn't have been easy on you. I want you to know that I know how difficult I've been. And, if I could have behaved differently, I would have. I'd never hurt you on purpose, love. You know that, don't you?"

Gabrielle scooted to her Consort's side and, reaching to unfasten the tunic so their daughter could have a meal, gently kissed her cheek. "I know, Xena. It's just gonna take a little time for your body to adjust and then things can get back to normal."

"Gabrielle, things will never "get back to normal". In case you haven't noticed, we now have a daughter to raise."

"You're right. Things will never be quite the same, except in our bed. That I promise you, my Warrior." Gabrielle kissed an engorged breast before assisting her daughter to latch onto a too sore nipple.

Xena hissed through her teeth. "Gods that hurts."

"Alena says it will be easier for you as time goes on and your nipples toughen up."

"That's easy for her to say. She doesn't have your Amazon Princess greedily attached to hers." Xena grimaced.

"Why is she "MY" Amazon Princess when she is suckling you?"

"Cause she reminds me of you. That is your favorite spot, is it not, my Queen." Xena gave Gabrielle a lascivious grin.

"Oh Yea! It certainly is." The little blonde returned the grin.

"And we had better change the subject before we both have to go sit in the snow."

***

Xena spent the next two weeks following the healer's instructions implicitly, helping her Mom around the Inn, assisting in the instruction of the Amphipolis militia, enjoying her daughter and taking long walks with her wife in the crisp winter air.

As the days passed, the warrior felt her strength and energy restored, as well as her temperament improved. The healer was right. It no longer hurt her to nurse her child. In fact, as much as she hated to admit it, the healer had been right about everything.

"Are you ready to go?" Gabrielle asked Xena enthusiastically.

"Ready to go where?" The warrior feigned disinterest.

"To see the healer. Your time of incarceration is up. Or didn't you remember?"

"Oh, I remember. Let's go. I can't wait to get this over with." Xena took her wife's small hand in hers and led her toward's the healer's home.

***

"Xena, you look quite healthy. All the swelling is gone, your lungs are clear and the bruising at your sex is much improved. I see no reason you can't go home and resume your normal activities. Do refrain from any heavy lifting and try to get some extra rest for the next three weeks." Alena proclaimed.

"Uh.....three weeks.....you don't mean I have to wait three more weeks to....." Xena gulped.

"No, no, warrior, you may resume the privileges of your marital bed at your discretion." Alena quickly allayed the raven beauty's fears to prevent any damage to her person or property.

"Gabrielle, we are going home." Xena turned on her heal and nearly ran from the healer's with a huge smile on her beautiful face and Gabrielle jogging at her side.

The ecstatic little bard stopped to pull a certain tall beauty into a deep passionate kiss. "Xena, why don't you get Argo hitched up to the wagon, then go collect Arielle and thank your Mom for us while I pack our things."

The couple kissed once more. "Sounds like a plan. Meet you at the stables in a candle mark. I'll send Toris up to help you with the heavy stuff."

"Why warrior, I am impressed. You really do intend to follow Alena's advice."

"Believe me, I'm not going to do anything to screw this up." Xena kissed her wife once more before running off to complete her tasks.

***

"By the gods, it feels good to be home. I'll get the fire started and take care of Argo, while you get Arielle situated in her new crib." Gabrielle headed out to the wood pile wrapped up in her cape as Xena carried her precious bundle into their chamber.

"Wah, wah, wah!!!!!!" The hungry infant complained.

"Ok, Ok, little one, you sure have your Mommy's appetite." The warrior chuckled as she crawled onto their pallet, babe in arms, and, wrapping her cloak snugly around her child and herself then lowered her heavy tunic to expose her breast. "Here you go." Xena rubbed her nipple against the infant's cheek so she'd grasp it. "Dinner is served."

"Mmmmmm." The raven haired beauty purred in contentment at the feel of her child suckling at her breast. Gently rubbing her fingers through downy soft black hair, she laid her head back on her pillow and just enjoyed the feeling she could only describe as "bliss".

Gabrielle had been busy bringing their things in from the wagon and unhitching Argo, after starting a roaring fire in the hearth. "I can't wait to make love to you, warrior. Just as soon as I wash some of this dirt and hay off of me and slip into a clean tunic, although it won't be on me for long, I'll show you what you've been missing these last two moons." The excited little bard's hands shook in anticipation.

After freshening up and dabbing a little lavender water between her breasts, Gabrielle sauntered into the bed chamber, oozing sexual energy, to find her lover sound asleep cuddled around their equally somnambulant offspring.

"Oh, who says the fates don't have a sense of humor." She blew her hot breath passed pursed lips in frustration. "Well I've waited this long, I guess I can wait a little longer. Besides, they look to cute all curled up together. I am one lucky Amazon." With that thought, the grateful little blond crawled onto the pallet with her Consort and their child and fell into a peaceful slumber, counting her blessings."

It's just the beginning,

Lena

 


Return to Main page