Impulse: Book Two

IT'S JUST THE BEGINNING

 
"Impulse: A sudden inclination or urge"
The American Heritage dictionary

 

By Mezzo

 

"This is Book Two in my series called Impulse.

If you haven't read Book One: AFTER ALL IS SAID, you might want to start there."

 

DISCLAIMERS: (see INSTALLMENT ONE)

 

Copyright © 2002 by Mezzo All Rights Reserved

 

Visit and join http://groups.msn.com/MezzosMelodramas for installment previews.

Comments and feedback are welcome at mezzosmelodramas@msn.com.

*****************************************************************************************

 

INSTALLMENT EIGHT

 

INSTALLMENT NINE

 

Brett watched with excitement as Gibeau skillfully landed on the helipad on the Hull estate. Once the sound of the engine and the whirl of the blades died down, he stood up, slid the door open, and lowered the steps. Tori jumped out and waited for Brett to come join her. It was a beautiful afternoon. The wind was blowing just enough to make the waves turn in the ocean and the sound of seagulls could be heard in the distance. Gibeau went for the car. Tori said they would meet him out front.

The house was a Tudor style mansion and sat perfectly poised on a 20-acre estate overlooking the ocean. It had tennis courts, an indoor/outdoor pool and a fully equipped gym. The grounds were perfectly manicured and a green house was set off in the distance surrounded by beautiful gardens and fountains. This had always been a wonderful place to grow up for the kids. It was the setting for many memorable childhood adventures.

Taking Brett's hand, they walked slowly up to the back patio entrance.

"Sweetie?"

"Yes love?" Tori replied.

"You know everyone's going to be there today." Brett inquired.

"I know honey. Does that bother you?" Tori knew this subject was bound to come up.

"No not me. I mean, you're not the first woman I've brought home. I don't think they're going to expect to see you with me though. I'd understand if you're not ready to tell anyone." Brett said with a little bit of apprehension.

"Honey, there's nothing I would like more than to tell the world about us. I love you." She stopped and brought Brett's hand to her lips and then placed it on her heart. "I am very proud of what we have. You are everything to me Brett." She paused and gave Brett time to comprehend what she was saying. "I don't know if they're going to be there but there are a few people I need to tell in person. I have to tell Aunt Diane and Uncle Paul about us." They were Cole and Pamela Crawford's parents. "I'd hate to have them hear it from someone else. They have always hoped Cole and I would get back together someday and they would be hurt if they found out about us accidentally."

"Tori….. Are you and Cole still involved? Why would they think that?" Brett's face immediately started to turn pale at the mention of Cole's name. Although Brett really liked Cole, somewhere in Brett's mind, she still associated him as being the one that took Tori away from her, even if she now knew that wasn't the case.

"No honey were not together in the sense that we're in a committed relationship. We do see each other when one of us is in town. But that's about it. We haven't been exclusive since high school." Tori tipped Brett's chin up to see Brett's eyes. "Cole and I have always enjoyed each other's company and have shared many things throughout the years. But I wasn't ready for a big commitment and he was alright with that. We agreed to be there for each other until I changed my mind about our commitment to each other or if either of us found someone else we wanted to see exclusively. That time hadn't come. So we continued to see each other. Cole and I have a very special friendship, Brett. He will always have a place in my life. But you sweetheart, are the only one that has my heart. Always and forever. Whatever comes of this……I want you to promise me that we will always be friends. I won't live without you in my life again." Tori watched as the tears that had filled Brett's eyes finally burst to flowing. Tori opened her arms and Brett sank into them.

"Tori, I love you so much. There is no one else for me but you. I know we still have a lot to work out and we said we would take things a step at a time. It's just….I feel so much for you already. It's overwhelming…" Brett didn't know how else to feel. All her life all she truly ever wanted was Tori.

"I know honey. I feel the same way. But we're not kids anymore and we have changed a lot and I love what I've seen of you so far and I look forward to getting to know every last bit of you. Nevertheless, I still need to talk to Aunt Diane and Uncle Paul. This is going to come as a big surprise to them and I really have to sit down and prepare them." Tori hoped that Brett understood what she was saying.

"Do you want me to go with you when you talk to them?" Brett buried her face in Tori's sweater not wanting to lose their connection.

"No baby…I think I better do that by myself." Tori tightened her grasp around Brett and kissed her lovingly on the head. "As far as your family knowing, I would love that. I've always adored them and really think of them as my own."

"Oh honey, they feel the same about you. They really do. This will not only make my Dad's year but his lifetime. I can't tell you how much he goes on about you. If I wasn't so secure about my Dad's love for me, I might actual be jealous." Brett pulled back slightly and patted Tori on the chest. "Bringing you home to the family will be the easiest thing I've ever done. I love you."

"I love you too little one. You know I've wanted us to be together for so long that I just want to enjoy courting you. Do you think you could do that with me? You know, the wine and dine stage? I know we've known each other all our lives but I really would like to romance you off your feet." Tori had such an honest, loving look on her face.

"Well I don't think I've ever had a more appealing offer. Honey, I can think of nothing better then to be wined and dined by you. Bring it on." Brett winked at Tori and immediately captured her heart.

"Well sweetie, you ain't seen nothing yet. I plan on lavishing you with all the world has to offer." Tori bent down and sealed her promise with a kiss. "As much as I'd like to spend the day here with you, we better get going or we'll be really late for your folks." She looked at her watch, it was 3:15. They took a moment to share another kiss and went up to the house to drop off Tori's things.

 

TO BE CONTINUED. Installment Ten

Return to Main page

 

Impulse: Book Two

IT'S JUST THE BEGINNING

_________________________________________________________________________________________