Earth in Turmoil

by Psyche_b

Go To Part 1

The adventures of the Star Traveler Andromeda that started in Among the Stars, Beyond the Farthest Planet, So Far From Home and The Voyage Home continues in Earth in Turmoil.

Feedback: gwieniechi@yahoo.com

Chapter 8

Within days of the late evening meeting, production on the new flyers ramped up. Five shuttles were moved into the secured hanger for upgrading. The first shuttle to be upgraded was Kacey's work shuttle. She wanted to be on the front lines when the time came to take down the bastards who not only threatened the world but also her family.

Extra help was transferred in to work on the ships. Personnel they worked with on Andromeda, and who were without question trustworthy found new orders to report to the base. Those few that had retired from the services were asked to return to work as civilian contractors. Security was increased to cover all the shifts, as crews worked around the clock to complete as many flyers as possible in the time frame they were given.

Kate's desk was covered with files for candidates to work on the flyers. She read the files and Rhea's recommendations as to whether or not to send the candidates to Kacey. Most of the files were signed and sent to Admiral Tacher or General Millhouse to have orders cut. The first week after the video meeting with the President was extremely busy and long for the women.

Long after other offices were darkened, the lights were still on in Kate's office. The security detail assigned to Kate and Rhea waited patiently for their charges to leave for the day. Kate signed off on the last file and placed it on top of the stack on the corner of her desk. She rang for Rhea who appeared within seconds.

"Those can be processed and sent to Admiral Tacher and General Millhouse."

Rhea picked up the files and locked them in the vault. "I will have the special courier pick them up first thing in the morning. Ready to call it a day?"

"Just about. I need to call Kacey to see if she will need any more people." She turned back to her computer and sent a video request to Kacey. The screen came to life.

"Kate, don't tell me you are picking up my bad habits."

"Only until you have all the special people you need. I just signed off on another twenty bodies for you."

"Twenty? That's great. Thanks Kate. That will give us fifty people per shift. That will be enough for now."

"What do you mean for now?"

"That will be enough unless the brass decide they want more ships in the same time or less. Now you can go back to signing off on hot shot pilots for my people to take the mickey out of. And work regular hours." Kacey joked.

"They will be there next week."

"Good. Now go home to your family."

"I am just about to. Make sure you follow your own advice."

"Just waiting for my security escort, Kate."
.
"Then I will talk to you tomorrow." The screen went dark. Kate turned off her computer and pushed away from her desk. Rhea handed her, her hat and held open the door. She set the security alarm before they closed up the office.

Their security escorts snapped to attention as they walked out of the building.

----------------------------

'Hi honey. I'm home." Kacey called out as she walked into their home.

Natalia walked down the stairs and smiled. "Hi back. Besides long and busy, how was your day?" She kissed Kacey.

"That sums it up perfectly, babe. Although the long days will be coming to an end as early as next week."

"What is happening next week?"

"Kate approved the last of the people needed to run production around the clock."

"On that super secret project you cannot talk about yet?"

"That's the one." Kacey poured herself a drink from the decanter on the bar before she sat on the couch."

"Good. How long do you think we will have assigned security guards?"

"That my dear is hard to say. Several more weeks at the very least. do you have any problems with them?"

"No actually I feel sorry for them. They must be bored silly."

Kacey held out her hand for Natalia and pulled the smaller woman down onto her lap. "How were the little ones today?"

"They were good. Patrick woke up earlier."

"Is he all right?"

"He is. A story and some cuddle time and he went back to sleep. They both miss their mommy time after dinner."

"Damn, if I could get home earlier, I would. you know that don't you?"

"Of course I do. I did not tell you that to make you feel guilty. I know you would be here if you could." Natalia stated.

"That does not lessen the guilt." Kacey admitted. "Talia, did I make the right decision regarding taking over the base?"

"General Millhouse wanted his best officer heading up that base. You are that officer. Even the President believes that and we both know she is no fool."

"But you and the children as the ones who suffer from my long hours."

"Kacey you said a few minutes ago that the long hours should stop after next week." Natalia replied. "Do you hear me complaining?"

"No, but maybe you should."

"I do not feel neglected at all. I know that you are putting in these long hours to save the planet."

"I wouldn't go that far."

"Are you or are you not working on a project to stop people from destroying all the advancements humans have made since the last war?"

"Yes, but I am not working alone. Thousands of people are working to put down those factions. It is a team effort. I am just one cog in a very big machine."

"Imagine how Kate is feeling. Their girls are older and far more likely to make her feel guilty. Caitlyn and Patrick are not old enough to know. By the time the new babies are born, you will be here in the evenings."

"Speaking of which, how are you feeling?"

"Pretty good. I was tired this afternoon, so when they took their naps, I took one also." "She smiled. "I know you probably will not be able to get away for my next doctor's appointment, so I asked Anya to go with me."

"I am sorry..."

"Stop right there General." Natalia ordered. "I do not want to hear any more of that crap from you. Do you understand me. I know and understand the reasons why, so do not make me get rough with you."

Kacey smiled. "Are you feeling feisty?" She joked.

"Now that you mention it, I am. The question now is, what are you going to do about it?"

Kacey finished her drink and smiled again. "I am going to take care of my extremely beautiful and incredibly sexy wife."

-----------------------------------
"Have a good evening Admiral." the security guard said as he walked Kate to her front door and left.

Kate walked into the quiet house. A lone light cast shadows in the living room to welcome her home. On the coffee table was the bottle of brandy, a glass and a note. Kate poured her self a brandy which she sipped as she read the note.

Kate, after you have finished your brandy, meet me in our bath. Love, Anya.

Kate drank her brandy and headed for the stairs, putting out the light as she went. She entered their bedroom and quickly shed her uniform as she followed the trail of lit candles to their bathroom. The only illumination in the room was from the candlelight.

Anya waited for her in their large tub. The water swirled from the whirlpool jets. Anya lay with her head back, her blonde hair loose around her shoulders. She held out her hand to Kate to help her into the tub, where the smaller woman fit comfortable between the long legs. Kate leaned back against Anya and sighed in contentment.

"This feels heavenly, darling." Kate said.

"Me or the bath?" Anya joked.

"The bath, but definitely and most importantly, you." Kate admitted.

"Good." Anya replied. "How was your day?"

"Busy, but I was able to sign off on the last of the engineers, builders, security, and pilots for Kacey."

"Does that mean your late nights are over?"

"For now anyway or until the brass decide there is another project they want completed yesterday."

"That is good to hear." Anya said as she ran the soapy buff over Kate's arms and chest.

"I am sorry, darling. When I accepted this position I did not realize that you and the girls would be the one to lose out."

"Lose out? Does this look like I am complaining? I know the importance of what you are doing. And I know that the long days are only a temporary thing and not permanent. You should not feel guilty."

"That's just it, I do. I promise you that I will make it up to you."

"I know that my Kate." Anya whispered in Kate's ear which caused her to shiver. "Natalia asked me to go with her to her doctor's appointment Friday. I told her yes."

"Good. I have to go out to the base for a meeting that day, but I should not be too late. I am glad that Natalia has you."

"As I have said before, we outsiders have to stick together."

"And I remember telling you that you were never an outsider." Anya laughed. The movement shaking Kate who rested against her chest. She continued to run the buff over Kate's chest slowly circling her breasts. She dropped the buff and used her hands to finish. The nipples hardened quickly.

"That feel heavenly." Kate sighed.

"I intend to make it feel even better." Anya whispered again and licked the ear lobe near her mouth. Her tongue traced the outline of the delicate ear and Kate shivered again. She repeated her actions and got the same results. One hand snaked down over Kate's flat stomach and continued lower. Her fingers lightly trailed through the moisture that wasn't from the bath water. Kate closed her eyes and hummed softly at the sensations Anya's hand was causing. "What would you say to taking this to our bed?"

"I would say most definitely yes. Anya make love to me."

Anya turned off the whirlpool and opened the drain to let the water out. Kate quickly rinsed the remaining soap off her arms and chest before the water was gone. She stood up and held her hands out for Anya, who ignored the hands and ran her hands up the inside of Kate's leg to her center.

Kate felt her knees go weak as Anya continued her ministrations. She moved her hand to the bath wall in order to keep her balance.

Then the hands were gone and Anya grasped the hand that was still outstretched. Anya stood up and captured Kate's lips. Her hands reached for the firm breasts as their tongued danced. She reached for their towels. Wrapping one around Kate, Anya helped her out of the tub before she wrapped the other towel around herself. Together they dried off. Anya put out the candles on their way to their bed until only one candle remained lit. She removed Kate's towel and laid her down on the already turned down bed before she removed her own. She straddles Kate's slim hips and leaned down to take a sensitive nipple into her mouth. she lightly bit down and flicked her tongue rapidly over the hardening tip. She moved to the other breast. Her bottom rested lightly on Kate's hips. Anya felt Kate raise up to meet her and moved one knee between Kate's legs to rest against her center. She felt the moisture coat her leg.

Anya released the nipple that she had been teasing and moved to capture Kate's lips. Her hands continued to tease the hard nipples while her thigh rubbed against Kate's center. Kate's hips moved against Anya's leg trying to increase the pressure. Anya's leg moved away. Kate's groaned at the loss until she felt Anya kiss her way down her body. Anya settled between Kate's legs. Her long fingers parted the fold to expose the hidden gem inside. Anya's tongue moved from the top of the slit, over her clit to her center. She licked at the copious moisture both inside and out. Anya replaced her tongue with two fingers and quickly entered Kate. Her tongue returned to the clit and she slowly licked at the hard bead. Kate moaned in pleasure. She kept her motions slow and drove Kate closer to the edge.

"Anya that feels incredible."

Anya stopped and looked up at Kate. "They this should feel even better my Kate." She lowered her head and returned to paying homage to Kate intimate parts. She increased the tempo of her fingers and tongue. Curling her fingers inside, Anya applied pressure to that most intimate part which drove Kate crazy. More pressure on the sensitive bundle of nerves and inserted a third finger and within seconds felt the first flutters in the walls around her fingers. The smooth walls contracted as she increased the pace and pressure on her tongue and quickly sent Kate over. The spasms around her fingers slowed and Anya redoubled her motions to take Kate over again. Kate's breathing was ragged when Anya stopped. She moved up to take Kate in her arms.

"My darling after all the years together, you make every time feel like the first time we made love." Kate said when she regained control of her breathing.

"It is my extreme pleasure Kate." Anya replied as she tilted Kate's head up for another kiss.

"Anya you will be very careful when you leave the house won't you?"

"Of course I will. I plan on loving you and making love with you for at the very least another fifty years. You have to promise me that you will also be very careful."

"I promise Anya." Kate said as she moved out of Anya's arms and made love to her wife, her rock, her soul mate.
----------------------------------------

From the far end of the park across the street, a figure in dark clothes looked through night vision binoculars at the houses. The silhouettes on the closed curtains told him everything he needed to know. He moved the binoculars to the house next door where another set of silhouettes danced.

"Fucking perverts." He muttered and pulled the phone from his pocket. It rang several times before the call was answered. "It's me. Both women are home and from the looks of their shadows are practicing their perversion. Do you want to continue watching."

"No call it quits for tonight, but return before they leave in the morning. We have to find a definite pattern to their movements."

"They are escorted to and from their houses each day by armed security. Even their families have armed escorts. Are you certain they have no idea we are watching them?"

"There is no way they could have been told anything, unless," he paused, "I will get back to you. Keep your phone close for further instructions."

"Yeah, yeah, I know. I am not an amateur or idiot." He heard the call end. "Like your son." he said to himself. "Bastard." He packed up his gear and walked away from the houses.

--------------------------

The recording device in the office stopped. The guard listening picked up the phone and punched in two numbers. Within second two voices came on.

"General Millhouse."

"Admiral Tacher."

"Sirs you were right in placing listening devices around General O'Malley's and Admiral Jensen's houses. Listen to what was recorded seconds ago." He plugged his phone into the recorder and hit play. The officers listened to the playback in silence until the recording stopped. "What are your instructions sirs?" He asked.

"Send it to our offices and we will have voice recognition analyze it. Good work."

"Yes sirs, thank you sirs."

The call ended with the security guard. The officers remained on the line.

"Tuck they need to know this latest development."

"I agree Charles. They are safe for tonight. We can call them in for a meeting once we run the recording through voice recognition."

"Until then, I think we should increase security around them and their families."

"We can contact Colonel Anderson and Commander Torino and have them bring in people they trust implicitly. I hate to go through the administration offices due to the fact that we know they have people already on the inside." General Millhouse stated.

"True. We have no idea how far those poisonous tendrils reach." Admiral Tacher said.

"If it did not go against the regulations that there has to be two years planet side between long missions, I would send them on another deep space mission, had they not just returned."

"Unfortunately we cannot go against that regulation. Also unfortunate is the fact that putting down these factions rest almost completely on these two women."

"Also true. Keeping Kacey reigned in will be harder when she finds out they are being watched. Nothing sets her off faster that finding out that any member of her family could be in danger."

"Are you suggesting we not tell her?"

"That is in the back of my mind, Charles."

"Do not make any decisions without thinking this through. If we keep her in the dark, and she finds out, that would bring a whole passel of problems down on us. Let's meet in the morning and decide how to handle this."

"Agreed. Will nine hundred hours work for you?"

"Yes that will give us time to get Rhea and Michael in the loop."

"This has all the possibility of getting out of hand, Charles. It will take a lot of delicate handling."

"When do you expect to hear from our people inside?"

"We have a tentative meeting scheduled for next week. They are on an inspection trip. Hopefully at that time we will have the exact locations of all the strongholds."

"Then we can start coordinating the attack as soon as we have that information."

"We will bring the President in as soon as possible. She needs to give the order."

 

To be continued...

 

Return to the Academy

Author's Page