Stud IV

by SBerry

Woohoo! Disclaimer: Stud gets a little more action. Still pretty PG, though.

Random crap disclaimer: Oh, yeah, if you haven't read the first three parts, do so first. If you don't like what's in the first three, don't read this one. If you like it, write me at sberrythebard@yahoo.com If you *really* like how I write and my sparkling personality, join my list at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SBerrysStories/

Dedications: First and foremost, to my best girl. Second, to all the people who've joined my list and made my day. And third, to everyone who has written and told me how much they've enjoyed a story. I know y'all here this a lot, but feed your bards... It makes them write a lot more. I know that's how it is for me, anyway.

Part 1

I guess part of me is still Stud, but Cynthia sure as hell ain't complainin' as I thoroughly kiss her on her couch. I'd forgotten how soft and sweet her lips were. They feel so perfect under mine. She begins to kiss me back passionately. I break away briefly to breathe, then I gently pull her mouth back down on mine. I know I should stop, but I tell myself 'just a few more minutes' and keep kissing her. It's been so long since I've felt a lover's kiss. I try not to think, just feel. Nothing has felt so good since our night together. Nothing has ever felt so right. I've never truly kissed another soul out of love before in my entire life. Wait a second... Did I just say love? In a sentence referring to me? I pull away from our kis and just stare at her in awe. I never thought I'd ever find someone to love. Great, now I have to obsess over whether she loves me too. Or I could just tell her and damn the consequences.

Yeah, right.

"What's the matter, Syd?" She looks concerned and very thoroughly kissed.

Great. Now what do I say? "I love you," I blurt out. Damn, what do you know? For once, I made something simple.

She looks shocked, then a look of wonder crosses her features. "Did you just say what I think you just said?"

"I love you, Cynthia Harvey, with every thing I am." I say. It's not as hard as I thought it'd be.

"I never thought you'd ever manage to tell me that." I think she's still in shock.

I hope she's still in shock. And not just trying to figure out how let me down easy.

"I never thought I'd say it. To anyone."

Please, please, whatever higher power that may exist, please let her love me too. I'll settle for a maybe in time. But oh please, don't let her say goodbye. I'll do any thing... just don't let her make me go. Please.

" -- What's the matter, Syd honey?"

"Don't make me go. I know you don't love me yet, but that's okay. I'll take what you can give me, just don't make me go." To my great surprise and humiliation, I find myself sobbing. I don't care to remember the last time that happened.

"Make you go? Sweetheart, weren't you listening? I said I love you too. You don't have to go any where."

I almost don't hear her. Then it registers. "You love me?" I sniffle. My voice sounds so small, I almost don't recognize it.

"Of course. You're irresistible, remember?"

Underneath the tease is honesty and I finally stop crying and start believing.

Cynthia Harvey loves me. Me, Sydney Brogan. So few people have ever loved me and no one ever like Cynthia. I could win the lottery and the Nobel Prize and have a thousand Miss Americas lined up at my front door and have a million Harleys and I'd give it all up just to spend thirty seconds in this woman's arms.

I whisper that to her shyly.

She cries.

I panic.

She says it's the most beautiful and romantic thing anyone has ever said to her.

I beam.

She takes my hand and leads me to her bedroom.

I panic again.

She pulls me into her arms and falls asleep.

I can't believe how lucky I am.

Part Two

I wake up to a heavy weight on my chest. I jump up and dump Cynthia on the floor.

Oh. My. God. I'm pretty sure this is an extremely bad thing.

I stammer something incoherent.

She looks at me like I'm insane, then she simply shakes her head and starts to laugh. Oh-my-god-I-think-I'm-going-to-rupture-something-vital laughing.

I collapse beside her in relief and chuckle a little. It is kinda funny.


I fix breakfast as an apology. That and I don't wanna be poisoned and Cynthia can't cook to save her soul. I hum happily as I serve her. Give me an apron and call me June Cleaver -- I like cooking for her. The kiss she gives me as I set her plate in front of her doesn't hurt.

Yep, this being domesticated stuff ain't half bad.

We talk about what to do today. I'm thrilled I'll get to spend the whole day with her. She asks about work and I frown. I forgot it was a business day. I've never missed work a day in my life. I've never taken off for any reason. Well, hell...

"I played hooky yesterday!"

She looks guilty. "I'm sorry."

I smile. "I'm not. It's not like I can't afford to take time off. As a matter of fact, I think I deserve another day."

"Really?!" She grins happily.

"Really." And I kiss her.

What breakfast?


Hehehe.. just kidding. I couldn't be that lucky. We go on to decide what to do. We're going to go to the zoo. I've never gone to one before. I'm surprised that she suggested it, but this *is* Cynthia. That woman never does what I expect her to. Isn't she great? Sweet Jesus, now I'm sighing and making mental cow eyes. Yep, I'm hopeless.

Life is good.


I look around when we get there. It's bigger than I expected, with fewer cages and more fences. That makes me feel better. No one, even an animal, should be caged. I shake off the memories and focus on having fun. I have animals, a day off work, and I'm holding hands with the woman I love. What more could a former stud ask for?

I love watching all the animals play. I think Cynthia watches me more than them. Every time I glance in her direction, I see her looking at me with a soft smile on her face.

Finally, in the snake house, I gather my nerve and ask her what she's thinking.

She doesn't answer, just pulls me down for a kiss. I could get used to answers like this.

And, by the way, snakes are much cooler when viewed during a make out session. Oh, wait, I don't see a single snake. I do get to touch her bare back, though.


"I know you have to go back to work tomorrow, but will you spend the night again?" Cynthia asks suddenly.

I beam and quickly agree. I'm perfectly happy to spend another night in her arms.

Today has been perfect. Cynthia Harvey loves me. Me. Who knew anyone could?

That thought stops me dead. It suddenly dawns on me that she doesn't know about my past. Could she still love me if she knew? Does it really make any difference? She knows it wasn't happy and I'm ashamed of how I was. Isn't that enough? It'll have to be.

Stud 5

Return to the Academy