Disclaimers: This installment does contain a loving sexual relationship between two women. If this offends you or you are under 18, you should probably go elsewhere. All of the characters are original and are based on people in my real life. Their characterizations are being used with permission. Thank you to those people who wrote to me regarding the last installment. It is greatly appreciated. If you would like to contact me, send all emails to beautiful_strangertx@yahoo.com. I would like to thank all of the people who are giving me such enormous support through this writing process. To TC, my friend, I couldn't have written this without you.

Ms. O'Connor Goes to Washington

Part 2

By: S. Lee

May

The campaign office was buzzing. The phones were ringing and flyers were being photocopied. Jordan loved walking into the campaign office when it was like this. "Good morning everyone." The people in the office looked up at Jordan and smiled, some waved, some said good morning. Jordan walked into her office and was attacked by a sexy 5'4" blonde publicist. Cynthia pinned her against the door. Jordan surrendered to Cynthia and allowed herself to be taken. After a minute, Jordan caught her breath and put her arms around Cynthia. "Wow. Now that's the way to start the day. Good morning to you Darlin'."

Cynthia looked up into Jordan's face. "I didn't want to leave you last night." Jordan raised her hands to stroke Cynthia's cheek. "I didn't want you to leave. This last couple of months dating you, being close to you has been so amazing. I feel so good when you're with me and I ache when you aren't. I am just afraid to mess this up. This is so important to me." Cynthia smiled at Jordan's softness.

"I know. It is to me too. Which is why I left before we got carried away. I'm not sure how much longer I can take this."

Jordan laughed. "I know. I'm on sexual overload." Cynthia stepped out of Jordan's arms. Jordan moaned at the loss of contact. "No, don't go yet."

"Honey, we have a staff meeting in 10 minutes. We can't get all overheated. I need to be able to concentrate at the meeting."

"Ok. You win. But payback is a bitch. Remember that." Jordan gave Cynthia her wildcat grin that made her crazy. "So go baby, I'll see you in ten minutes." Cynthia stole a kiss as she walked out the door. Jordan groaned. 'That woman is going to be the death of me.'

Cynthia sat at her desk gathering her papers for the meeting. She thought about how close she and Jordan had become in the last two months. They had dinners together, lunches together and had spent countless hours talking. She was also getting to know the kids again. Cynthia knew she loved Jordan more than ever. A knock to her door brought Cynthia out of her thoughts. "Cyn it's time for the meeting."

"I'm coming."

They walked to the conference room together. The staff included Laura her campaign manager, Sarah Jackson the computer and PR specialist, Cynthia, and Jim Snow the campaign treasurer. So far, everyone else on the campaign was either a volunteer or intern from one of the universities.

Jordan opened up the meeting. "Hey guys. Let's get the interns in here before we go over this month's calendar. I want them to learn all the aspects of the campaign." The interns were called in. Jordan tried not to smile at her son too much. She was so proud to have him working with her. Kate would be joining them when she graduated at the end of the month.

"Let's start with this first week. Laura what's up?"

"This week you are doing local town meetings at the Esperanza Peace and Justice Center, the Carver Arts Center, and the Jewish Community Center in Austin. This weekend the Gulf Coast Environmental Group is having a kayak ride in Corpus. I thought you would like that knowing how much you love to kayak. It's to raise awareness for Gulf Coast conservation. We can make sure the press will be there."

"That sounds so perfect. Who set it up?"

" Cynthia did. Next week there are more town meetings and a fundraiser in Dallas next weekend. Your friend from high school, Dr. Misty Jones called and wants to do a fundraiser at the end of the month. The San Antonio Women's Chorus is also wanting to schedule one, but you have to sing."

"What do you mean I have to sing?"

"They know you and your singing background. They know you have done choral music as well as the stuff of your own that you performed around town over the years. They want you to sing with them. Besides, many of them are friends of yours. So there is no getting out of it."

"Ok. But the check better be big. Schedule Misty's fundraiser for the last week of the month. Call the Chorus and let them know we're good and see if they can schedule it for the first week of next month and try to find out what I am expected to sing. Jim how do the funds look?"

"So far we have $40, 000. The Pegasus held a drag show fundraiser and raised $1500.00." Jordan started laughing. "What?"

" They had a drag show this last weekend to raise money for your campaign."

"That is so cool. Get me the number of the person who organized it, I want to call and thank him personally. We need to build up these funds though. We're going to need to spend a bundle on commercials in the fall and we've got to get that bus for our tour. Let's get some more t-shirts, bumper stickers, etc. Interns, I want you to go to the town meetings. I want you to talk to the people and listen to what they say. That is why we are here, to help people. I also want someone selling the t-shirts and stuff at all of the appearances. Sarah, how is the website coming?

"It's all set up."

"Are the position papers on there?"

"Yep."

"Make sure there is a counter set so we can find out how many hits we're getting."

"Already done Jordan."

"Thanks Sarah. You're the best. Cynthia, what's the status of the Texas Monthly and Texas Triangle articles?"

"Texas Monthly is running with you next month. They're calling you a rising star of Texas politics. They chronicled your career as County Commissioner, State Legislator, to your appointment to the Governor's staff. They included the interview they did with you and are predicting a future position in the White House. The Texas Triangle is talking how about how you have worked for the GLBT Community for years and that your election could bring unprecedented legislation. They're going to be doing follow-up stories every month until election. They're encouraging the LGBT community to get off their asses and to get out the checkbooks." Jordan looked at Cynthia and smiled.

" Very nice Cynthia. Let's keep working on the town meetings and photo opportunities. Next month is GLBT Pride Month. I want us to be at as many Pridefests as we can. I will only personally be at the one here in San Antonio, Austin, and Houston. I want a booth at every single one in the state. Interns, I want you to do some online research and find out when and where they are and I want you and whatever volunteers you can get to be there. Who wants to head that up?" Chris spoke up. "I will Mom."

"Thanks Chris, I also want to see if you can get some additional volunteers out of this. Ok everyone. Is there anything else going on that needs to be addressed now. Let's just concentrate on getting as much as we can out of this week, maybe we can also get some volunteers out of the town meetings this week. Cynthia, we leave on our tour of Texas next month. I need you to find publicity opportunities on our route and get me in there. The only thing though is do not put me anywhere I would not normally go. The last thing I need to be at is some hunting event or something like that. Hell, I'd be lucky if I didn't get shot."

"Not a problem. I'll take care of it." Jordan looked at Cynthia and smiled again. She loved when they worked together.

"Thanks Cyn. Let the environmental group know I'll be there and probably Kate too." Cynthia caught Jordan's smile. "You got it."

"Well then let's get to work guys. Jim, we need money. Keep working on getting a hold of some of our past contributors. Let's get the volunteers working on the mailers. Chris, I want all of the interns becoming voter registrars this week. We are going to set up voting registrations at various businesses. "

"We'll go do that today."

"Thanks."

The staff dispersed to go take care of their jobs. Jordan walked into Cynthia's office. "Honey, I'm going to get a suite for this weekend. I want you to come with us. I want to spend the kayaking time with Kate, trying to squeeze in quality time with her. I'm going to see if Chris wants to come too. However, I can't stand the thought of being away from you. So, why don't you come with us? You have a great reason to be there as my publicist. Basically, I just really want you with me. I took you for granted before and put everything else before you. I don't want to do that again."

Cynthia walked over to Jordan and wrapped her arms around her. She reached up and gave Jordan a peck on the lips. "I'd love to go." Jordan returned the peck and took Cynthia's hands. "Baby, things are going to get crazy. You know that. I want to make us a priority. I promise to try to make some time for us as much as possible. Can you be patient and a little flexible?"

Cynthia looked up at Jordan, brought her hands to her lips and kissed them gently. "I love that you're trying to do things differently. I know this isn't going to be easy. Most normal people don't start a relationship during a campaign. But neither one of us is normal, that's why we're doing this. We'll make it work honey." Jordan looked deep into Cynthia's eyes and saw the most amazing love. She brushed the hair away from Cynthia's face. "You're the best Cyn. Are you coming tonight to the Esperanza Center?"

"I was planning on it."

"How about a late dinner after?"

"Sounds great. I need to get to work. I may have something really cool set up for you this summer."

"That's great. I can't wait." Jordan gave Cynthia a little smack on the behind. "Now go get to work." They both laughed as Cynthia went to her office.

Later that night Jordan, Laura, and Cynthia met at the Esperanza Center. The Center was a place that showcased local art, film festivals, various meetings, and fundraisers. They walked in and were greeted by Jenna Gonzalez, the Center's director. Jordan's mother had dated her years ago when Jordan was a teenager. Jenna was only 10 years older than Jordan. Jordan walked up and hugged Jenna. "How are you Jenna? It's been a long time."

"I know Jordan, too long. How's your family?"

"They're great. Mom is doing well. She and Janis are buying some more horses for the ranch."

"How are the kids?"

"The kids are great. Chris will be here later with some paraphernalia. What is the response like so far?"

"It's been good. The people around here have been watching you for a while. They know the issues you care about. They are skeptical though. Politicians have let them down time and time again."

"I know. Its almost like an honorable politician is an oxymoron." They all laughed. "Jenna let me introduce Laura my campaign manager and Cynthia my publicist."

"Hi. It's good to meet you both. Jordan is this THE Cynthia?" A blush crept up Jordan's face.

"Yes. I assume so. Did Mom tell you about her? I don't think you two ever got a chance to meet."

"Yes. You're mother thinks very highly of Cynthia."

Jordan laughed. Her mother had spent the last six years trying to get Jordan to call Cynthia. "Yes. I know. So show me where I'm supposed to be tonight."

People soon started to file in. Jordan saw several familiar faces and was happy to see some old friends and supporters. Overall there were about seventy people there. It was time to begin. Jordan stood up in front of everyone. "Hi. First of all, I want to introduce myself. My name is Jordan O'Connor and I'm running for the U. S. Senate. I'm here tonight to talk to you, to find out what concerns you have, what is important to you, how to help you, and to answer any questions you have. So let's start." A man stood up.

"Ms. O' Connor, where do you stand regarding the death penalty?"

"That's a good and complicated question. It is hard for me to give a blanket answer, yes I support it or no I don't. There are cases when I find it hard to think of a reason that a person should not die for a crime that was committed. However, there are cases of men and women on death row who do not belong there. They are there simply because bad representation, incomplete evidence, lack of funds. I think there are inequalities in the system. It is a system that is stacked against minorities and poor people. For instance, a poor African American man on trial for murder may get the death penalty, but a rich white man who can hire adequate council will escape with life or even less of a sentence. As a whole, when I absolutely have to pick a side, I do support the concept of a death penalty. However, if a case is brought to me from advocates of an individual on death row, I look at it with an open mind. If this person has been unfairly sentenced, I then try to use my position and whatever kind of influence I have to help. The death penalty is a state-by-state issue. As a U.S. Senator, I'd have limited jurisdiction, but, if someone can come up with a better system, I would gladly support it."

"Ms. O'Connor how do you feel about abortion."

"I think it is an individual issue. I cannot say whether or not I would personally have one. I have not been in a circumstance when it was needed. It should be left up to an individual to decide if an abortion is an option for them. I think it should be kept legal and safe for women. It is not up to me to decide the morality of another. I will however work to ensure the legality of abortion."

Another man stood up. "What do you plan to do to alleviate the tax burden on families?"

"I can't promise any tax relief. We just finished paying for the tax relief program from President Bush's administration eleven years ago. What I would like is to do a better job of spending the taxes, allow the taxpayers to get more for their money. If a reasonable tax plan comes up, I'll certainly vote for it, but a tax cut isn't my main focus."

Cynthia watched Jordan smile and talk to the people and watched them respond to her. She loved to see Jordan like this. This is what Jordan was meant to do. She was completely in her element. Cynthia was so proud of her. The meeting wrapped up and Jordan shook everyone's hands. Jordan walked over to Cynthia and Jenna. She gave Jenna a hug. "Thanks for giving us this space."

"You're welcome Jordan. It was good to see you. I'll see if I can do some work for your campaign."

"That would be so great Jenna. I'd like to see you more." Jordan turned to Laura. "So what do you think? How did I do?"

Laura smiled. "You did great as always Jordan. This is your favorite part of campaigning. You were charming and you answered the questions honestly. This is good practice for the tour."

"So I 'll see you tomorrow then?"

"I'll be there." Jordan walked over to Chris. "So how much did we sell?

"We sold three t-shirts and a bunch of buttons. Several people took bumper stickers and position papers. We had a couple of people ask about volunteering."

"That's great. It pays for postage. Thanks for being here. I love having you here with me. I'll meet you at the house?"

"Yeah Mom. I'll see you in a few minutes."

Jordan and Cynthia walked to their cars. "So Cyn, are you coming over? How about chicken salad for dinner? I really don't want anything heavy. Is that ok?"

"That sounds great hon. I'll meet you there."

"Why don't you bring a change of clothes Cyn? That way you don't have to go back to your hotel late. Plus, I'd really like you with me. I'm getting to where I hate not having you with me." Cynthia smiled. "I'd love that Jordan. I'll stop by my hotel and pick up my stuff and meet you at your house."

"Great. I'll make dinner and it should be ready by the time you get there. I can't wait to get you alone so I can get my arms around you."

Jordan drove home smiling, thinking about Cynthia and how in love she was. She was still daydreaming when she suddenly found herself home and had no idea how she got there. She walked in the door and looked around for her daughter. "Kate, where are you?"

"Here Mom." Jordan smiled at her daughter. She walked over and gave her a hug. "How was your day honey?"

"It was good. How was the meeting?"

"It went well I think. The people asked some really great questions. Your brother was there. He had a table for bumper stickers and stuff. Did you get your homework done?"

"Yes."

"Well guess what. How would you like to go sea kayaking with me this weekend?"

"I would totally love that. What about Chris and Cynthia?"

"I forgot to ask your brother if he wanted to come, but Cynthia is coming. She set it up. It's a photo op with a coastal environmental group. I thought we would take the double kayak and Chris can hang out at the beach and do whatever and Cynthia is going to do some work down there. But I'd like for you and I to kayak alone. I want to spend some time with you. I hardly see you and you're going to be going off to college and leaving home, I just want us to have some time together."

"Actually Mom, I was thinking about that. I was thinking maybe I would stay home a semester and help with the campaign."

"No. Katherine Elizabeth. This is your education, and we're not going to compromise it at all. I know you are concerned and want to help me. I love you for it. My greatest dream is for you and your brother to get your education and build a decent foundation for yourselves. I want that even more than any Senate seat. So go ahead, go to school. I'll be fine. I promise." She hugged her daughter again. "You are helping me this summer though, right?

Kate smiled. "Of course."

"Listen, are you sure you don't mind if Cynthia and Chris come with us this weekend?"

"No not at all. So what is it with you and Cynthia? Are you back together?"

"I'm not sure yet. We've haven't made any promises to each other or anything like that. But, we're getting closer. She's coming over in a minute and is spending the night. Is that ok?"

"Of course it is. Are you kidding? I know you've been alone for a long time. I also know you love her, and so do I. Chris and I want you to get back together. I support you two completely." Jordan was so touched by her daughter she began to cry. They hugged again and the doorbell rang. Jordan and Kate pulled apart and Jordan walked to the door wiping the tears out of her eyes. Cynthia was concerned when Jordan opened the door.

"Honey, are you crying? What's wrong? Are you ok?" Jordan laughed and reached out to hug Cynthia.

"I'm fine darlin'. Just a mother-daughter moment."

Cynthia started laughing too. "You scared me. I walked in the door and you were crying."

Jordan reached over and gave Cynthia a peck on the lips. "Thank you for your concern honey. Kate and I were having a talk that's all."

"What about?"

"Oh just college and the campaign. She's an amazing kid." Cynthia wrapped her arms around Jordan. "I know she is."

They shared a few more little kisses. Jordan stepped back, smiled, and took Cynthia's hands and led her to the kitchen. "C'mon, I'll get dinner ready. Can you go check with Kate to see if she had dinner?"

Cynthia walked to Kate's door and knocked. "Hey Kate, did you have any dinner? Your Mom is making chicken salad. Do you want some?"

"No I ate earlier. I hear you're coming with us this weekend to Corpus."

"Yep. Is that ok?" Kate walked over and hugged Cynthia. "It's more than ok Cyn. I'm glad you and Mom are seeing each other again. To be quite honest with you, I'm really hoping you two get back together."

Cynthia looked at Kate and smiled. "You know what kiddo? I'm hoping we do too. I've missed our family so much. I wish I hadn't been gone all of these years. You've turned into quite a beautiful and intelligent young woman and I'm proud of you."

"Thanks Cyn, that means a lot coming from you." They both started laughing.

"Ok. That's enough of that mush. I'll go tell your Mom you already ate." Cynthia closed the door and had to take a deep breath. She stood in the doorway of the kitchen and watched Jordan. Cynthia walked up behind the woman she loved. She put her hands on Jordan's hips, pulling her back, possessing her. Cynthia began kissing Jordan's neck. Jordan leaned back into Cynthia, moaning. "Mmmm what is that for?"

Cynthia turned Jordan around and kissed her softly. "It's because I adore you." Jordan took Cynthia in her arms and pressed their lips together. Jordan's tongue traced Cynthia's lips before claiming them. Jordan brought their bodies closer. Cynthia tangled her hands in Jordan's long black hair. Jordan held her hand behind Cynthia's neck, drawing her in. Their breathing became ragged; their tongues were searching and teasing. They started to lose themselves in the kiss when they heard the front door open and shut. Chris called his mother's name.

"MOM!"

Jordan pulled apart from Cynthia quickly. "I'm in here son."

Chris walked in the kitchen. "Hi Mom, Hi Cyn."

"Hey Chris, are you hungry?"

"Sure, I'm just going to grab a sandwich and go watch TV in my room, the basketball game is on."

"K. You're really doing a great job. I'm so glad to have you at the office." Chris smiled.

"Thanks." He walked off to his room.

"Wait Chris. Do want to come to Corpus with your sister, Cynthia and me?"

"Sure, I'll do some fishing or surfing."

"Good. We'll leave Friday after your sister gets out of school." Chris walked off to his room. Jordan turned to Cynthia, pulled her close, and leaned her head against Cynthia's. They both laughed at being interrupted. They had been interrupted by the kids numerous times when they were together. They grabbed their dinner and went over to sit on the couch. Jordan sat on the couch and motioned for Cynthia to sit against her. "I was so proud of you tonight Jordan." Jordan gave Cynthia a squeeze and kissed her neck. "Thank you honey."

"You had them eating out of your hand. Even those that didn't agree with you were smiling with you. You were just working them, charming them. I always have loved watching you in action. It's one of the reasons I came to work with you when you first ran for County Commissioner. I had watched you with a group of people and I could see how much you truly believe in what you're doing. You still have that."

Jordan turned Cynthia around to face her. She pulled Cynthia close and held her face. Jordan looked at Cynthia. "Thank you baby. That means the world to me. I'm so glad you're here. When Laura told me she was going to call you I freaked. She was right though. This wouldn't feel right if you weren't here." Jordan's mouth closed in on Cynthia's. They explored with their tongues, losing themselves in the kiss. Jordan felt her body heat begin to rise. She heard Cynthia's breathing increase and become louder. Jordan loved the sound of Cynthia's ragged breathing, and knew that she was the cause. Jordan stood up and took Cynthia's hand. She put her lips to Cynthia's ear and whispered, "I want you." Cynthia was hypnotized by her love's blue eyes and seductive voice. She followed Jordan to the bedroom. Jordan led Cynthia to the bed. Their lips joined again as Jordan eased Cynthia down. They continued their slow, deep kisses. "Cynthia, I need to feel you." Cynthia raised herself and Jordan gently lifted and discarded Cynthia's shirt. Jordan couldn't take her eyes off Cynthia. Jordan almost cried at the softness of Cynthia's skin as she touched her. Jordan ran her hands across Cynthia's shoulders, her collarbone and down her arms. Cynthia moaned at Jordan's soft touch. Jordan kissed her neck and nipped at the skin above her breast. She moved her hands up to Cynthia's shoulders. Jordan touched Cynthia's shoulders with her lips as she eased the bra straps down. Cynthia began to unbutton Jordan's shirt. Cynthia felt like she was drowning in the sensations. Jordan gently raised Cynthia and released her from her bra. Jordan held herself above Cynthia so that she could see all of her. Jordan's eyes began to burn with tears. "My God Cynthia. You are the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." She softly caressed Cynthia's skin with her fingertips and followed them with soft wet kisses. The phone rang and they both groaned. Jordan placed a soft kiss on Cynthia's shoulder. " Hold that thought. Hello."

"Is this Jordan O'Connor?"

"Yes."

"Ms. O'Connor, this is Officer Brown from the SAPD. There is a problem with your building. Your campaign office have been broken into and vandalized."

"OH MY GOD! I'll be right there." Jordan sat up stunned. Cynthia was very concerned "What is it honey?"

"The building was vandalized and broken into. I'm going to see what happened."

"I'm going with you." Jordan reached over and kissed Cynthia.

"Thank you. I'm sorry about tonight. You will still stay over though won't you?" After they were dressed they went to the kids' rooms to tell them of the break-in. On the way to the headquarters, Cynthia made all the necessary calls to the staff and James. Jordan nervously held Cynthia's hand in the car. "I'm so sorry about the interruption tonight. I can't believe I was making love to you. I've been dreaming about it for the last six years. You're even more beautiful than I remember. I still feel flushed." She brought up Cynthia's hand and kissed it softly.

"Jordan, I've dreamt about being with you so much. It's hard for me to comprehend what we were doing tonight. I wish we were able to finish. I'm about to burst. But I suppose it will happen when the time is right." They looked at each other and smiled

Before they reached the office, they could see the police lights. Jordan was struck silent as she stepped out of the car and saw the door broken. "GO TO HELL FAG" was written on the walls outside. Jordan walked in the door. Office equipment was strewn all over the floor. Swastikas were sprayed on the walls. The words "BITCH" and "FAG" were on the doors. The computers had been beaten in. Jordan couldn't breathe as she walked around. Cynthia walked up to Jordan and put her hand on her shoulder. Jordan couldn't even look at her. "Cyn. How could somebody do this? How could someone have so much hate that it would motivate them to be this destructive?"

"I don't know baby." A tear fell from Jordan's eye. Everyone started arriving. James was the first to come up to Jordan. He hugged her tightly.

"Are you ok? Have you talked to the police yet?"

"Yes. We need to look and take an inventory and see what was taken and destroyed." Laura walked in and came up to Jordan and put her arms around her. "Are you ok honey?"

"Yes. I'm fine. I'm pissed and upset and hurt, but I'm fine. Laura go through and see what equipment was ruined and find out what files we lost."

"Actually we didn't lose anything other than the machines. I have been backing everything up on the computers here at the office at the end of everyday before I leave. Jim kept all of the financial information on his laptop, which is with him. You know me. I've had a problem with paranoia for years. I guess this time it paid off." Jordan gave her friend another hug.

"Thank you darlin'. I'm so sorry I gave you crap about that. I love you for it right now." Sarah and Jim showed up and the group began to take inventory.

Jordan looked at the group. "Ok. Let's clean up this glass. Tomorrow we'll call a repairman to put in another door. We'll get rid of the ruined equipment and get more. We also need to clean up the walls and repaint. I don't want to see any traces of this crap. Let's just be glad we were caught in the beginning and not in the end. Someone needs to stay the night to watch the office now that we don't have a door. James could you call a security company tomorrow and get us a system installed."

"Yeah Jordan. I'll take care of it. I'm so sorry this happened to you."

She gave him a soft smile. "Thanks hon." The police officer walked up to Jordan.

"Ms. O'Connor would you please sign this police report. "

"Thanks Officer. I appreciate your help. I do plan on making sure this is prosecuted completely when we catch this asshole." The officer nodded and then looked in Jordan's eyes.

"Ms. O'Connor. I would be happy to stay and watch the office until morning. I have been with my partner for 20 years. Other than people in my family, no one knows he is anything but a roommate. I even have a good friend I take to official functions to hide my sexuality. I hate that I have to, but it is because of crap like this that I do. I hope you do something up there in Washington to help us. I hate that this happened to you." Jordan was touched by the officer's admission. She reached out to take the officer's hand. "Thank you so much Officer Brown. I'd appreciate it if you stayed. I'd feel so much better." Jordan and her staff stayed until the early hours of the morning to clean up glass. Cynthia drove Jordan home. Jordan looked broken and defeated. She didn't say a word. Cynthia always worried when Jordan was quiet. Cynthia knew that when Jordan was completely quiet, she was angry and hurting badly. They pulled up to the house. Cynthia looked at Jordan and took her hand. "I'm so sorry honey. It'll be ok. I promise it will." Jordan looked up at Cynthia and gave a weak smile and nod. "Please stay Cyn. I really need you tonight." Cynthia leaned over and placed her lips softly on Jordan's.

"I'm here. I'm not going anywhere."

Jordan followed Cynthia in the house. "I'm going to go tell the kids about what happened. You go on to bed and I'll be there in a minute." Jordan simply nodded her response. Jordan walked in her room and took off her clothes. She turned on the shower, walked in, and began to cry under the warm water. She was angry, hurt, and frustrated. Cynthia walked into the bathroom. She stepped into the warm shower with Jordan. Jordan stepped into Cynthia's arms and allowed herself to be comforted. Cynthia held Jordan as she cried. "Damnit Cynthia. I thought this country was passed this shit. I can't believe someone would be filled with so much hate. What they did to us, can easily be fixed. I'm not worried about that. I'm upset at the motivation behind it. This is minor compared to what other gays and lesbians have gone through. What about those who go through worse things for the same reason? I was hoping our society had evolved. "

"Jordan we've seen stuff like this before."

"I know. But when are things going to be better? When are we going to be allowed to be who we are without worrying about this type of shit." Cynthia continued to hold and comfort Jordan as the warm water fell over them. She shut the water off and led Jordan out of the shower. She dried Jordan off and they both walked toward the bed. Jordan looked at Cynthia. "Honey could you do me a favor?"

Cynthia lifted Jordan's hand and kissed it. "Anything baby."

"Don't put on any clothes. I want to feel your skin against mine. I need to be close to you. I need you to hold me tonight. I need to feel something real and good. I just need you." Cynthia was more than happy to comply with Jordan's wishes. She led Jordan to the bed and laid beside her pulling the blankets around them. She wrapped her body around Jordan's and stroked her long black hair. Jordan let the feel of Cynthia's skin against her back and the rhythm of her breathing lull her into sleep.

The next morning Jordan smiled as she woke up to a small blonde wrapped tightly around her. She ran her hands softly along Cynthia's arms. Cynthia slowly opened up her eyes and wrapped herself even tighter around Jordan's body. "How do you feel this morning honey?"

"I feel ok Cyn. I feel much better since you're here. It's amazing how healing it is to spend a night with you. I always loved sleeping with you like this." Cynthia smiled and kissed Jordan on the nose.

"I remember. I always loved it too. We need to get up and get to the office honey."

Jordan groaned. "I know. I just wish last night had gone differently." Jordan looked at Cynthia's naked body lying there next to her. "You are so beautiful Cynthia. I can't get over how stunning you are. Thank you for being here with me last night. It means so much to have you here."

Cynthia leaned into to kiss Jordan's neck and lips. "You my dear are as gorgeous as ever. It's so hard for me to lie here and not completely ravage you. I'm glad I was here too Jordan. It means the world to me that you wanted and needed me here." They began to kiss slowly and softly. The gentle touches became more urgent and passionate. Jordan broke away. "I need to get up·.NOW." Jordan and Cynthia got out of bed and dressed.

The office was filled with campaign workers and reporters when they arrived, thankfully in separate cars as cameras were focused on the candidate. As she got out of her car, reporters zoomed in on Jordan. Jordan waved and walked to the front of the offices.

"Ms. O'Connor, can you tell us what happened here?"

"Apparently, someone broke the door with a brick, wrote graffiti on the walls inside and out and destroyed some office equipment."

"Do you suspect someone associated with your opponent's campaign?"

"This is Texas politics, anything is possible. However, I have known Kris Benson since high school. He and I may be opponents and he may not agree with my lifestyle, but he would not do anything like this nor would he support this type of action. This is a cowardly act motivated by hate and ignorance alone. If a person doesn't agree with me, I have no problem with that. He or she should have the courage to face me in person."

"How does this affect your campaign?"

"It's only a slight distraction for the week. We still have all of our files in another location. Everything can be replaced and will be. What bothers me is that someone would be so filled with hate that they would commit a crime. I had thought our city was above this type of behavior. We have one of the most diverse cities in the nation. Diversity is a part of our history. This city is used to differences, it is one of the things I am most proud of. One of the things I speak about frequently is the lack of a sense of community in this nation. We feel no connection to one another. Therefore, it is easy to hate someone you do not feel close to. As a U.S. Senator, I hope to foster a feeling of community, so that things like this do not happen. This shouldn't happen to me or anyone else. This campaign is not going to be stopped by an act of ignorance. I feel more of an urgency to make some positive changes in this country. "

"Thank you Ms. O' Connor." Jordan smiled at the camera and walked into the campaign office. Everyone was upset and scattered. They all looked to Jordan for answers.

"Ok we are all upset and things are a mess. This whole business is bullshit and shouldn't happen. I want to stress this point. This is a slight distraction only. We have all of our files backed up and will have new computers by tomorrow. Our town meetings and fundraisers will happen as scheduled. I don't want this made into a big deal in front of the public. I will not let this jerk's hate have a major impact on us. So it is business as usual as soon as we get this mess cleaned up." The people in the office began to scatter to take care of the mess. As a result of the break-in, the campaign received free press and contributions were coming in to help Jordan.

The weekend came and when Jordan went to Corpus for the kayaking event, the fact that her offices had been vandalized led to more press coverage than either she or Cynthia expected. Jordan, Cynthia, and the kids spent time together as a family. The four of them fit together like they had never been apart. Jordan and Cynthia were becoming closer than ever. They were able to spend time talking and holding each other. Jordan felt better after this weekend than she had in a long time. It was just what she needed to get over what had happened the week before.

Monday came and things were back to normal in the campaign headquarters. Jordan was sitting in her office when Laura came in to go over the week's schedule. "What's on the schedule for this week Laura?"

"You've got that thing with the teacher's union, the speech at the MCC church, and the fundraiser in Dallas on Saturday. Do I need to make airline arrangements?"

"No. My cousin Joe Dale is flying me there in his plane. It will get me there easier and I don't have to pay for anything. I'm also staying in Cynthia's apartment while I'm there. I'm going up on Saturday morning and coming home on Sunday. I should be bringing back a nice check."

"Is Cynthia going with you?"

"No. She has some things to do here."

"So what's going on between you two?" Jordan smiled.

"I'm completely in love with her." Laura was glad her plan worked out so well.

"Have you told her that?"

"NO. I'm afraid to. I am being cautious. We haven't even made love yet. We've come very close, but not yet."

"You need to tell her Jordan. I do want to caution you though. The public has less of a problem with a lesbian who is celibate. If a relationship comes out, it could cause problems for you."

"I know. I'm not going to do anything stupid. She knows how things are. She understands."

"Are you sure? I love you Jordan. You know that. I don't want to see you lose this election and I don't want to have to put you back together after your heart is broken. I remember those nights I held you while you cried for hours."

Jordan walked over to Laura and gave her a hug. "Thanks hon. I love you too. I do plan on telling her how I feel. I'll make sure she's ok with how careful we have to be. So go get your ass to work." They both laughed and went on to the rest of the day.

That night Jordan and Cynthia were sitting wrapped around each other. Jordan was drawing lazy circles on Cynthia's leg. "Honey, the kids are going to be gone this weekend. They're going to be spending Friday night through Sunday night at James' house. I was thinking that on Friday night you and I could have dinner and spend the night together. There will be no interruptions. We can be completely alone. What do you think?"

Cynthia smiled and gave Jordan a slow, deep kiss. "I would absolutely love it."

The next night Jordan was at an event for the Teacher's Union. There she saw two of her oldest friends. They were teachers of hers from high school. They were her mentors and she continued a friendship with them after she graduated. Jordan smiled when they walked up to her.

"Joan, Norma, how are you? You both look fabulous."

"Thanks Jordan. You look good too. We're so proud of you. You've come so far from the fourteen year old girl who walked into my class as a freshman." This thought made Jordan laugh.

"Thanks Joan. I promised you both years ago when I told you I had decided to go into politics instead of teaching, I would always help the teachers."

"You've kept that promise. You know the Union is going to endorse you, don't you?"

"Yes. I figured that. So what's been going on? When are you two going to retire?" Norma smiled

"We both retire this year."

"That's so great. I'm so happy for both of you." Joan pulled Jordan aside. "I notice Cynthia's here." Jordan got a slick grin on her face.

"Yes. She's my publicist." Norma raised her eyebrow.

"I know you better than that. Don't play politician with me. We have known you since you were fourteen years old. Are you two back together?" Jordan sighed. Her old friends knew her too well.

"Possibly. We're working on it. We are seeing each other. We'll see what happens."

Norma gave her a strong hug and smiled. "We want to see you happy Jordan. Don't throw this chance away. We saw how happy you two were together. We saw how you weren't the same when you two broke up. When you say her name, your eyes twinkle." Jordan smiled.

"Thank you and I love you both. I'm doing my best. I do promise you that ok?"

"That's good enough for us. We just want you to be happy. Now go talk to people. We'll get together soon, before you go to Washington."

"I'd love that Joan." She smiled at her two friends and went off to talk to the other people there. She walked around the room, shaking hands, telling jokes, talking and listening to the people and their concerns. Jordan could work a room and had fun doing it. She went home tired, but feeling good. She changed her clothes, got into bed and the phone rang.

"Hello baby. What are you wearing?" Jordan smiled knowing exactly who was on the other end. She decided to play along.

"Absolutely nothing. What are you wearing?"

"Nothing but a smile."

"Grroooowwlll I like that."

"I like that little growl of yours. It's pretty damn sexy."

"Well wait until you see the expression that comes along with it."

"Do you miss me?"

"Always. You know, tomorrow is Friday night. Are you still coming over?"

"Of course I am. I can't wait."

"Good. So my darling Cynthia, I will see you tomorrow. I wish you were here. I can't wait to have you here with me."

Cynthia smiled warmly. "I'll see you tomorrow. I can't wait to be with you Jordan. I miss you baby. Goodnight." Jordan was having a painful feeling in her chest. She whispered, "Goodnight."

The next day Jordan was in a fog. She couldn't keep her mind on the campaign. She would get distracted and start daydreaming about Cynthia and the night they were going to spend together. Laura walked into Jordan's office. "Jordan what is that goofy grin on your face?" Jordan tried to give her best serious face. "Nuthin'"

"Yeah right. You always say that when you're up to something."

Jordan laughed. "Ok. I was thinking about Cynthia. She's coming over to spend the night with me tonight and I'm making it as romantic as I possibly can. I'm going to tell her I'm in love with her."

Laura was thrilled. "That's great Jordan. I'm so happy for you. You look so much happier over the last couple of months. Just please be careful for the campaign's sake. What are you going to do if you go to D.C.?"

"I have no idea. I haven't thought of that yet. My first instinct is to beg her to come with me if we win. I don't know. I'm just going to take things as they come. Frankly Laura, I'm terrified. I'm pretty sure she feels the same way about me. I just don't know what I'm going to do once this election is over."

"Just relax Jordan. Everything will fall into place. There have been other lesbian Senators with partners. It can be done. Just be careful during the election. So what is the plan for the fundraiser this weekend?"

"I'm flying up late morning tomorrow, going to the dinner tomorrow night, speaking, then flying back on Sunday morning. Did you take a look at my speech?"

"Yeah. It's good. I edited it a little. Did Cynthia take a look at it yet?"

"Yes. She helped me write it."

"Take a look at the revisions on the plane. Call me when you get in on Sunday and let me know how it went. Do me a favor and go. I'll handle everything here. You are so far gone, you're better off at home."

Jordan laughed. "Oh really?"

"Yes. Go home and get ready for your romantic night with Cynthia."

Jordan agreed to leave but stopped by Cynthia's office first. She walked in Cynthia's office and shut the door. Cynthia smiled as soon as she saw Jordan. She got up and walked over to Jordan. Jordan put her arms around Cynthia and kissed her lightly. "Hi baby. How's your day been?"

Cynthia laughed and returned the kiss. "I have no idea. My mind has been on you all day."

"I've been doing the same thing. Laura sent me home early today. I'm about to leave. I just wanted to say goodbye and that I'll see you in a while. We are going to have the most amazing night tonight. Be at the house around seven." Jordan leaned in to capture Cynthia's lips. She pulled away before Cynthia was ready. Jordan smiled an evil grin, winked and walked out the door. Cynthia sat back down and laid her head on her desk in frustration.

Jordan wanted everything to be perfect. She bought flowers to go all over the house. She set a romantic table for two and candles all over the house, including the bedroom. She smiled thinking about Cynthia and the romantic nights they spent together years ago. She also thought about how close she and Cynthia had become over the last few months. Finally, she felt the house looked perfect. Cynthia arrived and Jordan's heart jumped into her throat. She took a deep breath, settled her nerves, and opened the door.

Cynthia looked stunning in her soft black dress and sandals. Jordan smiled and opened the door to let her in. She pulled Cynthia close and kissed her deeply. "You look beautiful darlin'. I'm so glad you're here." Jordan didn't want Cynthia out of her arms. She softly stroked Cynthia's cheek with the back of her hand and stared into her eyes. They locked eyes for several minutes. Jordan became overwhelmed and had to look away.

"I think everything's ready. Come sit down while I finish."

"Is there anything I can help you with hon?"

"No thanks. I've got everything taken care of. I just need to light the candles. Go ahead and sit at the table." Jordan couldn't keep the grin off her face. Cynthia looked around the house and smiled as well.

"Jordan, everything looks amazing. I can't believe you went to so much trouble. Thank you."

They shared dinner, wine, conversation, and laughter. After dinner, Jordan took Cynthia's hand and put it to her lips. "Come with me, the surprises are just beginning."

Cynthia walked into the bedroom with Jordan. The room was filled with candles that had yet to be lit and flowers leaving the room with an intoxicating scent. Cynthia loved this romantic side of Jordan. Jordan touched Cynthia's face softly with her lips and led her to sit on the bed. Jordan walked around the room, lit the candles, and turned on their favorite Bonnie Raitt CD. She opened up the bureau drawer by her bed and pulled out a small bottle of lavender massage oil. She sat next to Cynthia. She leaned close to her ear.

"Take off you shirt darlin'."

"No. Let me do this for you Jordan. You've done so much. Plus I know how much you love it."

"This night is supposed to be for you Cynthia."

"I know honey. But, do you want to please me?"

"Of course I do." Cynthia put her finger on Jordan's mouth to stop her arguments.

"Then let me do this, I love doing this to you. So, strip." Jordan looked at Cynthia and did the only thing she could do. She allowed Cynthia to slowly remove her shirt and bra. Cynthia wrapped her arms around her lover and Jordan leaned back into the embrace and moaned at the contact. Cynthia kissed Jordan's neck and whispered, "Lay down."

Jordan laid down and felt the liquid drip onto her skin. She then felt Cynthia's strong hands begin their dance on her back. Having Cynthia's hands on her was one of the most amazing things Jordan had ever felt. She moaned as Cynthia kneaded the muscles in her back. As Cynthia's hands continued their movements, Jordan had to keep from drooling. "Baby that feels so good. You are amazing." Jordan thought how the only thing that would feel better would be Cynthia's bare breasts against her back. Suddenly Cynthia stopped for a minute. As if she read Jordan's mind, she stripped off her clothes and bra and laid herself across Jordan's back. Jordan groaned, "Oh my God." Cynthia grabbed onto Jordan's hands and began to slide across Jordan's back that was still slick from the oil. "Does that feel good?" Cynthia purred into Jordan's ear. Jordan could only nod in response and moaned at the contact. She needed more. She flipped Cynthia over onto her back. Jordan reached up to kiss Cynthia as they wrapped themselves around each other. Jordan leaned in to lightly flick Cynthia's nipple with her tongue. She then began to suckle her lover's breast softly. Cynthia moaned and pulled Jordan's head against her breast. She whispered, "harder." Jordan responded, taking as much of Cynthia into her mouth as she could. They continued exploring and teasing, relishing in the closeness that both women had been longing for. Jordan began to trail her kisses across Cynthia's collarbone to her neck and back towards her lover's breasts. She concentrated on pouring every bit of love she held for Cynthia into each soft kiss as if that were the only way to communicate. As she was kissing Cynthia, she asked, "Do you hear what I'm saying to you?" Cynthia was silent for a brief moment. She answered, "You're saying you love me." Unable to respond, Jordan leaned up and placed her lips onto Cynthia's in confirmation. Cynthia lifted Jordan's head slightly to look in her eyes. "I love you too." Jordan felt as if her heart would burst. "You do?"

"Yes. I was planning on telling you tonight. I just wasn't sure how. I love you." They both began to giggle. Tears were in their eyes. Jordan kissed her again.

"I don't know whether to laugh or cry."

"Neither do I."

Their kisses took on a renewed passion as they exchanged "I love you's" over and over again. Jordan looked down at Jordan's black panties. "As gorgeous as these are darlin'. They've got to go. I want to see you." Jordan grinned at Cynthia and pulled down the lace barrier to reveal her soft strawberry blonde curls. "You are so beautiful Cynthia. I'm speechless looking at you."

Cynthia blushed at the compliment. "This isn't fair. You're still wearing your jeans. I want them off." Jordan happily granted her lover's wish. Jordan resumed her spot next to Cynthia and turned on her side so they could face each other. They soon became tangled together. Every part of their bodies met and moved together. Jordan's hand began to trail in between their bodies. When she reached her desired location, she began to softly play within the folds of her lover. Cynthia moaned loudly at the contact. Jordan continued her movements causing Cynthia to shiver. She finally moved her fingers to where she was needed most. Jordan entered Cynthia slowly and gently. Cynthia groaned and Jordan began to stroke in a steady rhythm. She moved deeper and faster as Cynthia thrust her hips and began to shake. Jordan whispered soft words of encouragement holding her lover tighter. "Yes baby. That's it. Let go for me. I'm here. I've got you. That's it. Let go." Cynthia finally let go and slipped over the edge into bliss. She released a cry against Jordan's neck that almost stopped Jordan's heart As Cynthia started to fall back down from her climax, Jordan held her as tightly as she possibly could.

"Are you ok baby?" Cynthia simply nodded her head in response unable to form words. Jordan continued to hold Cynthia and caressing her softly. Cynthia was finally able to speak. She smiled, kissed Jordan and said, "Thank you. That was amazing. I love you." They both had tears in their eyes. "I love you baby."

Cynthia caught her breath as she lay in Jordan's arms. They lay there silently, holding each other tightly as Cynthia started to come back into herself. Suddenly she took control, and moved on top of Jordan giving her a look that made her tremble. Jordan just surrendered to Cynthia. She took Jordan's breast into her mouth and sucked greedily. Jordan could only arch her back and moan in response. "I love your breasts Jordan. I can't get enough of them." She began to move down and place soft kisses on Jordan's stomach. This was one of the most sensitive areas on Jordan's body. Her hard stomach quivered as Cynthia made love to her. Cynthia began to move lower. Jordan almost stopped breathing when she realized where Cynthia was going. She softly separated Jordan's sweet folds and began to lavish her sex with kisses, soft nibbles, and licks. Jordan became completely silent. Cynthia looked up and Jordan was holding onto the headboard and grimacing. "Is this ok honey?" Jordan could only whimper and nod. Cynthia resumed her actions and Jordan raised her hips in response. Cynthia entered her lover as she drank in Jordan's arousal. It wasn't long before Jordan's body tensed and bucked as the waves of orgasm crashed over her. Jordan pulled Cynthia up to hold her. Jordan's breathing returned to normal and she leaned into kiss Cynthia.

"God Cynthia. You are so amazing." Cynthia purred into Jordan's ear. "You're not so bad yourself." They laughed together and caressed each other softly. Jordan had never felt so complete as when she and Cynthia were together like this. "I love you Cynthia. I always have. I never stopped."

"I've never stopped loving you Jordan. I nearly called you a thousand times over the last six years. I've had a hole in my heart since the day I left. It's been there for six years, until tonight."

Jordan kissed Cynthia's forehead and smiled. "Will you be my girlfriend? You pretty much already are, but I mean officially." Cynthia giggled.

"Of course I will, as long as you feed me. I'm starving." Jordan smiled and kissed Cynthia.

"Yes Ma'am. What would you like?"

"Do you have any oranges?" Jordan laughed. "Yes I have oranges. Stay here and I'll get a couple." Cynthia brushed her lips against Jordan's.

"Thank you honey."

Jordan went to get the oranges and Cynthia looked at the clock. She was shocked to learn that it was 3:30 in the morning. They had been making love for over six hours. Jordan returned and settled back against the headboard next to Cynthia.

"Jordan it's almost 4:00 am. You need to sleep. You're leaving tomorrow at eleven."

"Oh shit. It's that late? That's ok. It was worth it." Jordan gave Cynthia a playful wink.

"Honey I don't like you taking that small plane. I wish you would take a regular plane. I'm nervous about your trip."

"Cynthia it's perfectly safe. I'll be fine. I will call you as soon as I land to let you know I got in ok. But I love you for worrying." She stroked Cynthia's hair. " We do need to talk about our relationship and the campaign." Cynthia sighed.

"I know the drill Jordan. It's ok. It won't be easy, but I'll deal with it. I can't and won't deny our relationship and pretend forever, but for now, I understand." Jordan stroked Cynthia's cheek and placed a soft kiss on her lips.

"I want to tell the people closest to us, especially the kids, I am just not sure the public can handle it."

"It's ok Jordan. We'll get through it."

"Thank you Cynthia. I love you." They fed each other orange slices and settled into the covers. They both fell into an exhausted sleep wrapped around the other.

Jordan opened her eyes a few hours later and smiled at the sleeping woman in her arms. She gently woke Cynthia by placing her lips softly on her cheek. "Good morning baby." Cynthia snuggled even closer.

"I love it when you call me that. I feel so safe and protected."

Jordan loved the feel of Cynthia against her. "If I died right now, I'd die with a smile on my face. But, please God, don't let it happen." Jordan stroked Cynthia's cheek with her finger. " I'm not ready to leave you. I do have to get up though. I leave in a couple of hours."

Cynthia protested the loss of her body pillow. "No. I don't want you to.

"I have to. Spend tomorrow night with me when I get back."

Cynthia smiled at her lover. "I'd love to."

Both women got up and showered. After many kisses and getting dressed, they headed for the airport. "Please call me when you get in Jordan."

"I will call you as soon as I land. I'll be fine. I get to come home to you. I'll miss you though. I can't wait to see you tomorrow night."

"I'll miss you too baby. I'll be at my hotel. I have some things for the campaign to take care of."

Jordan and Cynthia arrived at the airport and got out of the car. Jordan got her bag out of the car and handed it to her cousin Joe Dale. "Can you put this in the plane while I say goodbye to Cynthia?"

Her cousin grinned. "Sure Jordan." Jordan turned to Cynthia, took her hands and leaned in to talk to her quietly.

"Honey, last night was so amazing. I love you so much. It feels so good to be able to actually say that. I'll see you tomorrow around one. I want to spend the entire day holding you and making love to you."

Cynthia reached up to stroke Jordan's face. "I can't think of anything I'd rather do tomorrow. Please be safe Jordan. I love you." Jordan kissed Cynthia tenderly, walked away and got on the plane. She waved to Cynthia from the window and blew her a kiss. Cynthia watched them take off and said a little prayer for her lover's safe journey.

Jordan's cousin looked at her with a strange look on his face. "So what was that about cuz?" Jordan punched him in the arm. "Shut up Joe Dale. Cynthia and I are back together. Please keep it to yourself for now ok? I have to be careful." Joe Dale laughed.

"Hey I like Cynthia. I won't tell anyone. Love looks good on you." Jordan's face turned bright red. She smiled. "Thanks. Fly the plane please. I have a speech to go over."

Cynthia drove back to her hotel feeling empty without Jordan. She could still feel Jordan against her. She walked into her hotel room and saw yellow roses on the table. She walked over to the flowers and ripped open the envelope. Last night was one of the most beautiful nights of my life. I've always loved you and I will love you forever. I'm thinking of you. When you close your eyes tonight I'll be with you. Love, J.

Tears rolled down Cynthia's face. 'When did she do this? I must have been in the shower. My God I love that woman.' She looked at her watch knowing she should be hearing from Jordan in about an hour or so. She was exhausted and decided to take a nap until Jordan called. Some time later there was a knock on the door. She wondered who could be at the door. She opened the door to find Laura looking pale and upset.

"Hey Laura, come in? You look like there's something wrong? What's the deal? Is it the office?" Laura walked in the door and smiled weakly at Cynthia trying to hide the tears.

"Cynthia. I just received a call from the airport in Dallas."

"NO!" Cynthia screamed. Laura stepped close to her to hold onto her.

"Cynthia, you need to pull it together. Listen. The plane disappeared off of the radar somewhere in the Ft. Hood area. They are looking for the plane now. Jordan and Joe Dale aren't responding to radio contact. The plane went down. They don't know exactly where it is." Cynthia was sobbing and heaving.

"Cynthia. She's alive somewhere we have to believe that. They'll find her soon. We have to keep the story from leaking until we tell the family. We need to tell the family. The kids and her parents need to know before it gets reported. It's going to blow any minute. You need to call your friends at the TV stations and hold it off. We have to pull it together. Please Cynthia. This is for Jordan and her family." Cynthia fell into Laura's arms. Laura held her and comforted her. Laura needed Cynthia as much as Cynthia needed her. Laura couldn't imagine what she would do if something happened to Jordan. 'Please be alright Jordan.'


Author's note: For those of you not familiar with Texas or the Army. Ft. Hood is one of the largest Army installations in the world with many, many miles of undeveloped woods used for training by the military. It is roughly an hour and a half north of Austin, Texas.


To be continued·

Return to the Academy