Murder Has Two Faces

Part 13

 

For Disclaimers: See Part 1

 

 

 

Chapter 25

Alma was anxiously waiting for Tori to bring Johnnie home. She had packed after Tori came back home and told that Johnnie had plans for them and to pack a few things. She ran to the door when she saw Tori’s car pull up in the driveway.

When Johnnie opened the door, Alma immediately fell into her arms. Their kiss ignited passions in both of them that had been long dormant. Johnnie reluctantly broke the kiss. She looked down into Alma’s beautiful brown eyes and caressed her cheek.

"I see you’re packed and ready. Just let me grab a couple of things and then we can leave." Johnnie said after giving Alma a quick kiss.

"Whoa, Querida." Alma said, grabbing Johnnie’s arm. "I’ve packed for the both of us."

Johnnie looked at the lone suitcase and pointed at it. "Baby, that’s only one bag."

Alma pressed her fingers to Johnnie’s lips and smiled. "All we need is in that bag."

A wicked smile crossed Johnnie’s lips. That’s right, baby. Not gonna be needing much clothing. She took Alma’s hand into hers, and bid their friends farewell.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Maddie changed into a pair of shorts and sports bra, deciding that she needed a workout before her dinner with Karen. She looked into the mirror, admiring her tall, lithe body. "Well, at least I’ve been able to keep myself in shape. My new job at the Atlanta DA’s office, and no social life has made me a gym rat." Maddie sighed, speaking out loud to no one. Just gotta get back into the swing of dating. I can be happy again. She looks into the mirror once more, smiling. Yes, Madelyn, you can be happy again. She picked up her towel and gym bag, and walked out of the room. Maddie walked over to the elevators. There were two, so she knew she wouldn’t have to wait too long. The elevator on the left arrived first. She had just stepped in as the doors to the elevator on the right opened. Alma, with Johnnie pressed close behind her, walked out and into the hallway.

"You’re very beautiful, Alma. I love you more than anything or anyone. I was a fool who almost threw away a precious jewel. Forgive me, my love." Johnnie whispered as she had Alma pressed against the door to their suite.

Alma could feel Johnnie’s nipples swelling against her back. She could also feel the heat from Johnnie’s sex as she had it firmly pressed against her behind. She wiggled a little making Johnnie moan. "Of course I forgive you. Now you have to forgive me for allowing you to drift away from me." She softly said, craning her head back to give Johnnie more access to her neck.

Johnnie suckled on Alma’s earlobe, and then perused her neck. "We are even. Now I want to take you inside, and ravish you."

Alma quickly swiped the electronic key and they entered the suite. Once inside, Johnnie pressed Alma against the wall. She placed her lips against Alma’s, running her tongue against Alma’s bottom lip, begging for entry. Alma parted her lips, and their tongues slowly entwined. The kiss became passionate, with moans of pleasure emanating from both of them. Johnnie began a slow grind against Alma. Alma grabbed Johnnie’s behind and pulled her as close as her ever-expanding belly would allow. Johnnie eased her hand up Alma’s skirt and into her panties, stroking the swollen bundle of nerves. A guttural moan escaped Alma’s lips, and Johnnie pulled the panties down and kneeled before her. "I must.... I can’t wait...I need to taste you, Alma. Right now."

"Oh ... my... God..." was Alma’s response, as Johnnie’s tongue flicked across her clit, sucking it in. Her knees nearly buckled, and she began thrusting her hips to the rhythm of Johnnie’s devouring tongue.

"Alma, oh," Johnnie moaned against her wet mound, "you taste so sweet." Unable to control her desire any longer she stood up and lifted Alma, carrying her into the bedroom. Johnnie sat Alma on the edge of the bed, and as Alma fell back she continued her feast. Her senses reeled at the smell and taste of Alma. She unbuckled her belt and unzipped her pants, kicking them and her boxers off. Alma thrust her hips wildly as Johnnie moaned into her.

"Inside, Johnnie. Please baby, I need to feel you inside of me." Alma moaned.

Because of the growing child inside of Alma, they had to improvise on the positions that Alma would be comfortable in. Johnnie moved behind Alma as she turned over on her side. She placed her crotch on Alma’s behind and slid her fingers into Alma’s wetness. She used her thumb to stimulate the already swollen clit. Johnnie thrust her hips into Alma. Johnnie kissed and nibbled on Alma’s neck and shoulders. Her thrusts kicked her libido into overdrive.

"Slow down, Querida. There’s no rush." Alma gasped, as Johnnie placed love bites on her neck and shoulders.

Johnnie tried to slow down, but her body betrayed her. "I can’t Alma. I’m too close."

Alma was near the edge herself. "Then take me with you." She husked.

"Yes." Johnnie growled. "I... I... I’m coming Alma."

"Si, bebe, Mi Dios." Alma screamed, lost in her passion as Johnnie took her to the edge, and over.

They writhed wildly, as orgasm took over their bodies. When they stilled, Johnnie slithered down Alma’s body, reaching her soaking mound. She licked Alma’s juices from her curls, folds and inner thighs, making her spasm. Exhausted, Johnnie laid her head on Alma’s thigh.

When Alma’s breathing returned to normal, she whispered to her wife, "Johnnie, that was intense. It’s been too long."

"I know, love." Johnnie said. "I’m sorry, and it won’t happen again."

Alma sat up, with Johnnie’s head in her lap. "Do you promise?"

Johnnie turned her head to look into Alma’s big brown eyes. "I promise."

~~~~~~~~~~~

This is just dinner, girl. Get dressed, already. Maddie mused as she tried to decide what to wear. She finally decided on casual. She put on a pair of black button-fly jeans, black shirt with a white tank top underneath. She wore low-heeled black boots, not wanting to tower over her shorter date. Karen was taller than the average woman at 5’9", but Maddie was even taller at 5’11". Better not tuck this shirt in. Don’t want to give Karen a heart attack. She laughed; noting her behind was not average. She had been blessed with a behind that was rare on a white woman. A sista booty, as Johnnie put it. She laughed again. Now where did that come from?

Karen stood at the door of Maddie’s suite. I hope she doesn’t mind casual. She wore a pair of blue button-fly jeans, denim shirt, and a pair of the latest Jordan’s. Her hair was pulled back into a ponytail. Shit, she probably has on a suit. Damn, I should have dressed a little better than this. She sighed. It’s too late now. Just knock on the door, stupid.

A knock at the door brought Maddie from her musing. She took one last look in the mirror, and was satisfied. She opened the door, and did not recognize the woman standing there. "May I help you?"

Karen smirked. "It’s me, Maddie. Karen."

Maddie was stunned. This gorgeous creature was not the same woman who had invited her to dinner this afternoon. Her face was devoid of any makeup. "Karen?"

"Yes." Karen waited. "Uhm, may I come in?"

Maddie nodded and stepped aside to let her guest in. Damn, that woman is fine. "Great minds think alike, I see." Maddie said once she recovered her voice.

"It’s a good thing, too." Karen told her. "I was just kicking myself for not dressing up."

Maddie smiled and looked into Karen’s eyes. My God, she is gorgeous. Those green eyes are to die for. Where did that incredible voice come from?

Karen repeated her question, knowing that Maddie hadn’t heard a word she said. She finally waved her hand in Maddie’s face.

"Oh, I’m sorry. You were saying?" A flustered Maddie questioned.

Karen chuckled. She’s really cute when she blushes. "I was asking if you liked seafood. We can go to this restaurant I know called the Sandpiper. Their lobsters are delicious.

"Fine. Um… yeah I love seafood." Maddie answered. God, her voice is so sexy. I could never say no to her. "Let me get my purse and key. I’ll be right back."

"I’ll be right here." Karen told her, giving her a lop-sided grin, nearly causing Maddie to stumble. She watched Maddie as she left the room. Wonder why she didn’t tuck her shirt in? God knows she should, that ass is to die for. Well, maybe it was a good idea that she didn‘t.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"What? Do I have something in my teeth, or food on my face?" Karen questioned, taking her napkin and wiping her face.

She and Maddie were nearly finished with their meal. Maddie was surprised at the amount of food Karen took in. First, she picked the largest lobster in the tank, and then ordered a large shrimp side meal.

"No, no, that’s not it." Maddie told her smiling. "It’s just... you’re nothing like the reporter I’m used to. You actually seem human."

"Thanks, I think." She said, not knowing how to take that statement.

"It’s nothing derogatory, Karen." Maddie said, placing her hand on hers. "I mean you’re usually so stiff and professional. I definitely never would have guessed you were ‘family’."

Karen felt comfortable with Maddie’s hand on top of hers. She captured it with her free hand, stroking it. Maddie smiled. "It’s hard to be free here in good old North Carolina. I’d lose my job if I flaunted my orientation. The suits I leave for work. This is the real me; beer drinking, ball playing, denim wearing old me."

"Your voice is totally different from the one I’m used to hearing. Why would you disguise a lovely contralto voice like that?" Maddie inquired, looking deeply into Karen’s eyes.

"A lot of people were intimidated by my voice. It kept me from getting a couple of jobs." She told her. "But, I’m finally getting a break."

"Really? What kind of break?" Maddie asked, genuinely interested, basking in the warmth of the hand that possessively covered hers.

"Well, I interviewed with CNN. I was totally myself. Professional, but I didn’t hide my orientation. It seems my work speaks for itself."

"And?" Maddie asked anxiously.

"I’ll be moving to Atlanta next month." She told her, smiling.

Maddie could barely contain her excitement. What was it about this woman that made her want to be with her? "That’s great. Congratulations."

"Thanks." Karen said, giving Maddie’s hand another stroke before reluctantly releasing it. "Enough about me. How long are you going to be in town, and where do you call home now?"

"I’ll be here until the end of Johnnie’s, I mean the Green trial is over." Maddie revealed. "Home is now Atlanta."

Karen smiled broadly, showing off her unbelievably white and perfect teeth. "Well, well Ms. Marshall, it appears we are going to be neighbors."

"It seems so, Ms. Grace." Maddie told her, returning her smile. "I’m stuffed. How bout we take a walk on the pier?"

"I’d love to." Karen said, lowering her voice even more. She noticed the shiver that her actions caused, and smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sweet Jesus, Johnnie. That was incredible." Alma was barely able to speak. Their erratic breathing echoed in the bathroom. Johnnie was sitting in the hot tub with Alma straddling her thighs. Johnnie gently suckled Alma’s nipple, as she removed her fingers from Alma’s quivering flesh. "What you do to me, baby, my heart can barely take."

Johnnie only moaned as she turned her attention to the neglected breast.

"You are insatiable, beloved." Alma whispered, kissing the top of Johnnie’s lowered head. "I would have you no other way."

"Come on, baby, let’s get out of this water. We will most definitely pick this up later. Right now I need some food, a little wine, and a breather." Johnnie mumbled as she showered Alma’s neck with butterfly kisses.

"Well if you keep kissing me like that, you might have to put your idea on the back burner." Alma whispered seductively in Johnnie’s ear.

Johnnie immediately stopped her barrage on Alma’s neck, and removed her hands from her buttocks, lifting them in an ‘I surrender’ gesture. "I need to recharge my batteries, love. But rest assured, you will be screaming well into the night."

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"It’s beautiful here at night." Karen told Maddie as they walked towards the end of the pier. "I come out here a lot to clear my head."

"Peaceful, too." Maddie added. I could listen to that voice all night. Get a grip girl.

Karen reached over and took Maddie’s hand into her own. Maddie smiled, and moved closer to her date. I wonder what she’s thinking… I wonder… does it involve us naked and sweating? I really feel she is The One.

They reached the end of the pier and leaned across the railing. Maddie reached over, and began twirling the ends of Karen’s hair in her fingers. Karen grasped Maddie’s hand and kissed her palm.

"Tell me about yourself, Karen." Maddie asked as she reveled in the way Karen’s lips felt against her palm.

Karen blushed. "Ok. Well I am originally from Pennsylvania. Went to Kings College on a full softball scholarship."

"So, you are a jock, eh?" Maddie teased.

Karen laughed. "Yeah, you could say that." She paused for a moment, and then resumed speaking for she was unable to keep her thoughts to herself any longer. "Maddie, you may think I’m crazy, but I feel a strong attraction to you. I can’t explain it, but I’ve felt this way about you for a long time. I think it started last year when I saw you trying a case." Karen blurted out.

Maddie was stunned at the revelation, but pleased to know that the feelings weren’t one-sided. "I don’t think you’re crazy. I felt something this afternoon in the stairwell. Now that I’ve gotten to know a little bit about the ‘real’ you, the attraction is even stronger." She paused. "Why didn’t you introduce yourself to me before now?"

Karen looked into the sea of azure that was Maddie’s eyes, and immediately went into a free fall. She caressed Maddie’s cheek. "I guess I was afraid. After you left, I kicked myself for not acting on my instincts. When I saw you today, I thought I was granted another chance. I had no idea that you are now living in Atlanta." She moved closer. "I don’t know about you, but the fates have given me a chance at happiness." She brushed her lips against Maddie’s cheek. She heard her moan. Karen moved closer to Maddie’s mouth, a hair’s breadth separating them, and moved in for a kiss. One that was soft, sweet and very erotic.

Maddie leaned into the kiss, her tongue begging for entrance. Karen granted it, and their tongues danced together as if they were old friends. Maddie wrapped her arms around Karen’s shoulders, feeling the muscles move beneath her shirt. Karen wrapped her arms around Maddie’s waist, pulling her even closer. They both reluctantly broke the kiss, holding on to each other like lost souls finally reuniting.

"We should continue this discussion back at my hotel." Maddie breathlessly whispered.

"I total agree, counselor." Karen huskily told her.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Johnnie fed Alma a strawberry dipped in chocolate. Alma flicked her tongue across Johnnie’s fingers, eliciting a low growl. Johnnie then dipped her fingers into the melted chocolate, and covered Alma’s nipples with the confection. She then used her tongue to slowly lick them clean.

"Ooh, you are so bad." Alma giggled. She leaned back on the bed, and gave Johnnie a ‘come hither’ look. Johnnie smiled at her, and reached for her glass of champagne. She filled Alma’s navel with champagne and drank from it, until she had consumed what was in the flute. She felt guilty for indulging when Alma could not; Alma could only have fruit juice. Johnnie took a pineapple chunk and squeezed the juice into Alma’s curls, then licked them clean. She settled herself between Alma’s thighs, draped her legs over her shoulders, then licked and sucked the outer lips of Alma’s womanhood.

"Yes, beloved." Alma hissed.

"Tell me, my love, what would you like for me to do for you." Johnnie asked, strategically placing butterfly kisses on her inner thighs.

"Your tongue, deep inside me." Alma told her, then released a throaty moan when Johnnie did as she requested. She moved her hips, matching Johnnie’s thrusts.

"Ahh, uhm...fingers... three... please...now." She shrieked, grasping the sheets.

Johnnie replaced her tongue with the requested digits, sliding her tongue to the protruding clit of her wife. Alma continued to match her thrusts, only more urgently than before. Johnnie circled, sucked and teased the engorged clit, making Alma scream in ecstasy as her orgasm ripped through her.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Would you care for a drink?" Maddie asked Karen after they released each other from a soul-searing kiss.

Karen walked over to the sofa. "Yeah, I’ll take a scotch, no ice." She looked at Maddie, hoping with all that she was that this night would not be ending soon.

Maddie brought her the drink, along with a club soda for herself, and sat next to her. They were quietly enjoying their drinks, when Karen broke the silence.

"I hope you don’t think that I’m usually like this when I go out. It’s just, I feel a connection with you, and I couldn’t resist kissing you." She lowered her head. Karen knew that she was desirable, but made it a habit not to sleep with just anyone. Women offered to be with her, but she rarely accepted. "I’m sorry if I offended you."

"I thought we cleared this up on the pier, Karen. I feel something strong for you, too." Maddie told her. "Stronger than anything I have ever felt before. It wasn’t like this, even with...."

"Johnnie?" Karen interrupted.

"Yeah, Johnnie." She said. "This isn’t about her. It’s about us." Maddie stood, and then extended her hand to Karen. Karen took it, and followed her into the bedroom.

They stood face to face at the side of the bed. Karen was going to speak, but Maddie placed her fingers over her lips. "I’m not one to fall in and out of bed with women, Karen, but this is right. I feel it in my very soul." Maddie whispered. She began to unbutton Karen’s shirt; she pulled it out from inside her pants. Maddie slid the shirt from Karen’s shoulders, and was amazed at the way the woman was built, taut muscle with a feminine softness to it. She ran her fingers from her muscular shoulders; along her chest to her abs. Karen trembled, licked her lips, and released a breath that she felt she held for an eternity.

Karen leaned in to kiss her. She pulled her close, and placed her hands on Maddie’s buttocks, gently squeezing them. Groaning at the contact, Karen whispered, "Maddie, please, baby I want you."

"I’m here, and I’m yours." She nervously whispered.

Karen removed Maddie’s shirt, then her tank top. She unclasped her bra with deft fingers. She leaned in and nibbled on Maddie’s shoulder, slowly kissing her way up her neck. Her hands gently held Maddie’s breasts, stroking her thumbs against the swelling nipples. She looked into her eyes, and then kissed her.

Breaking the kiss, Karen asked her, "Are you sure you want to do this?"

"Positive. This is right, Karen. There won’t be any regrets in the morning." She breathlessly assured her.

Bodies moving together in unison as moans and gasps released between two lovers; Maddie on her back, with Karen on top of her with her hips between her thighs. It was a dance almost as old as time itself, the beast with two backs. Swollen clits sliding against each other, breasts touching, tongues entwined, souls merging into one. Sweat covered bodies gliding against each other.

"Harder ... oh yes, baby." Maddie breathless pleaded.

Karen rolled her hips harder, deeper, slower. "Maddie, oh God. You feel so good." She arched her back as sweat ran in rivulets down her back, plastering her dark mane to her back and shoulders. Karen licked the sweat from Maddie’s breasts, sucking and nibbling, trying not to neglect either of them for too long.

They had christened every inch of the bed, in positions that even surprised Maddie. Their lovemaking moved from soft, gentle ‘getting to know you’ love, to the passionate ‘my soul is on fire for you’ loving. Neither one of them said the words ‘I love you’ out loud, but they showed each other how deep their feelings were for one another.

"Maddie, oh, oh...I’m almost there, baby." Karen rasped.

"Yes...now...oh gods." Maddie screamed.

"Shit...shit...shit!" Karen growled against Maddie’s shoulder.

"Karen!"

"Maddie!"

They went over, together. Maddie wrapped her arms around Karen as she struggled to catch her breath. This is right. She’s the one. I’ve found someone to grow old with. She mused. They fell asleep in that very position. Karen eventually rolled to her side of the bed, and Maddie snuggled up against her. Karen draped an arm around her Maddie‘s waist, and a subconscious "I love you, Maddie" escaped her lips, but fell on deaf ears.

Chapter 26

Thump, thump, thump. Karen was roused from her slumber by the incessant banging coming from the next suite. "What the fuck is going on over there?" She quietly groaned. Thump, thump, thump. The noise continued. She looked down at the tousled blonde hair that covered her shoulder, pulling it from Maddie’s sleeping face. Karen placed a kiss on her forehead, waking Maddie.

"What’s wrong? Can’t sleep?" Maddie groggily asked.

Karen sighed, trying to hide her irritation. "Noisy neighbors next door."

Thump, thump, thump. Maddie listened and acknowledged the noise. "Wow, I guess they are having a lot of fun." She snuggled against Karen’s form.

Karen reached with her free hand for the phone. "This suite is 719, so the next one is 721." She grumbled as she dialed the number to the next room. It rang four times before it was picked up and then slammed down again. "Son of a bitch." Karen hissed.

"What’s wrong?" Maddie asked as she sat up.

"They hung up." Karen said, now even more irritated. She got out of bed and grabbed her boxers and shirt, slipping them on with ease.

"Where are you going?"

"I’m going over there and giving them a piece of my mind, the inconsiderate bastards."

Karen doesn’t like to be rudely awakened. Better file that little tidbit of info away for later. Maddie mused as she watched Karen pull her hair back into a ponytail. Karen then walked purposely out of the bedroom.

Alma was astride Johnnie, riding her for all she was worth. Alma’s hands were clenched around the headboard, unaware of the banging she and Johnnie were causing. Johnnie’s large hands were on each of Alma’s hips, pulling her down onto her. When the phone rang Johnnie had reached over and picked it up, quickly slamming it back into its cradle.

"Si, mi amor." Alma hissed through clenched teeth.

"That’s it, baby. Ride me." Johnnie growled as her stomach tightened. They were both oblivious to the loud pounding at the door of their suite. Both gasped and screamed as simultaneous orgasms washed over them.

Maddie could hear Karen pounding on the door of their neighbors. Oh boy, I think I had better get out there before something serious happens. She got up and grabbed her robe.

Johnnie and Alma were recovering when Johnnie finally heard the banging at their door. She looked over at the clock and saw that it was 5 am. "Who could that be at this hour?" She angrily hissed.

Alma moved slowly off Johnnie and lay beside her. "I don’t know, Querida. It could be important."

Johnnie got off the bed and took off the harness, slamming it down on the floor. Not bothering to put anything on, she went to the door and flung it open.

Karen stood pounding on the door. When it was opened violently, she stepped back and put up her fists taking a defensive stance. Her eyes nearly bugged out as she saw a very naked and sweating Johnnie. "Johnnie?"

"G?" Johnnie asked, tilting her head off to the side as she reined her temper in. "What are you doing here?"

"I, uhm…you guys woke me up." She sheepishly told her, all irritation leaving her.

Alma walked up behind Johnnie and placed Johnnie’s robe around her. She peeked around her wife to see G standing at their door. "G? What’s going on?"

Johnnie put on her robe. "We woke her up."

Alma blushed. "Sorry about that. Would you like to come in?"

They were all startled when Maddie came out of her suite. "Karen? Are you ok?" She asked as she walked toward her.

Johnnie leaned out of the doorway to see Maddie walking towards them. "Maddie?"

She looked up and saw Johnnie. "What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing." Johnnie said. Realization suddenly hit her and she turned her attention to her friend. "She called you Karen."

"That’s it." Alma said as she stepped into the hallway. "You are Karen Grace. I knew that I recognized you at the bar that night."

Johnnie’s hackles rose. "I should have known that you two would be in cahoots. Trying to get an exclusive, Grace?"

Oh, shit. Karen thought. "Johnnie, it’s not…"

Johnnie held up her hand in interruption. "Save it." She then went back into the suite, leaving Alma, Maddie, and Karen standing in the hallway.

Alma studied Karen, noticing the hurt expression on her face. I don’t think there was anything sinister in her motives. Alma cleared her throat. "Maybe we should all go inside and get this cleared up." Maddie and Karen reluctantly followed.

Johnnie paced the bedroom, clenching and unclenching her fists. That sneaky little bitch, I should have recognized her. She was gonna use what she could find out as my friend against me. Her thoughts were interrupted when Alma came into the room.

"Johnnie, I know that you are very angry right now."

"You’re goddamn right I’m angry."

"You need to calm down and go out there and let her explain."

"What? You want me to let that little bitch lie to me? Think again, babygirl." Johnnie walked toward the door.

Alma blocked her. "What are you going to do?"

"I’m gonna kick her ass."

"No you are not. You are going out there to let G explain." She firmly stated. "You are going to listen."

She looked at the pleading, yet determined expression her wife had on her face. Alma is right, idiot. You will just get yourself into more trouble. "Alright Alma. Just give me a few minutes to calm down."

Alma stood on her toes to give her wife a peck on the cheek. "That’s my baby."

"Karen, I don’t understand. "Why is Johnnie so angry with you?" Maddie asked.

Karen looked at her hands that were clasped in her lap. "She didn’t know who I was."

"You mean she didn’t know that you were a reporter?" Oh shit. Maddie placed her hand on Karen’s shoulder. "She thinks you deceived her. Johnnie really hates that."

"I know that now. I didn’t mean for her to find out this way. When I met her, I was not Karen Grace the reporter. I was myself. I was G." She whispered. "I wasn’t going to report on anything I learned. Hell, yesterday was my last day at the station."

"She will understand once you explain things to her." Maddie assured.

Their conversation was cut short when Alma emerged from the bedroom. "Johnnie will be out in a few minutes."

"She’s really pissed, isn’t she?" Karen asked.

"That, my friend, is an understatement." Alma informed her. She then turned her attention to Maddie. "So, when did you get back in town?" She asked, trying to keep the venom out of her voice.

"I arrived yesterday. I wanted to be here for the conclusion of the trial." Maddie softly said.

Alma sighed. "The prosecution rested yesterday."

"Yes, I know. Abbott had her convicted already as he talked to the press." Maddie told her.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"He was going on and on about her being guilty when he was leaving the courthouse." Karen offered, sensing the tension between Alma and Maddie. "Maddie put him in his place, though." She smiled, taking Maddie’s hand into hers.

The action didn’t go unnoticed by Alma. She smirked as she put two and two together. So, old girl has finally moved on. That’s good, because I would have hated to kick her ass for making a play for my Johnnie again. Alma was brought from her musings when Johnnie entered the room.

Johnnie looked at G, throwing daggers at her with her eyes. "Start talking." She growled.

G cleared her throat and started to explain. "Johnnie, that night at the bar, I was not the Karen Grace that you know. I was being myself, totally free. Know one knows that Karen Grace the reporter and G are one and the same. I saw the pain that you were in, and I saw that you were headed for no good with all the alcohol you were consuming."

"Why didn’t you just tell me who you were?"

"You hate Karen Grace. That night I was not her, I was being the real me."

Johnnie listened as G continued, taking in all she had to say and processing it. Maybe she did the right thing. The way I feel about the reporter would have probably earned her an ass kicking. She smirked at the thought.

Maddie and Alma watched with great interest, hoping that Johnnie would accept the explanation. They both knew how Johnnie hated to be deceived, and were concerned for G’s safety. Alma breathed a sigh of relief when she saw the smirk form on Johnnie’s face.

"That’s the whole truth, Johnnie. Besides, if I had tried to take anything that I had seen or heard public, I would have blown my cover. I couldn’t have risked anyone finding out that I am a lesbian. My job was at stake. It doesn’t matter any more now, because I have another job and they know that I am a lesbian." G said. "I wasn’t out to get you, or make things hard for you. I liked being your friend."

Johnnie looked at the sincerity in G’s eyes and accepted the confession. "Alright, G. I believe you."

G smiled. "Thank you."

Crossing her arms over her chest, Johnnie arched an eyebrow at Maddie. "Now tell me what you are doing here, Maddie."

"I wanted to be here for the rest of your trial, Johnnie." She honestly revealed. "I couldn’t stay away."

"You won’t be able to be in the courtroom. O’Connell closed it because of all the disruptions." Johnnie informed her and quickly looked at Alma to gauge her reaction. She knew that Alma hated Maddie with a passion. When Alma sat there with an emotionless look on her face, Johnnie became confused. No screaming and hair pulling, babygirl? This is a first. Then it hit Johnnie. These two are together. Well, well, this is a surprise. Good for you Maddie. She turned her attention back to their guests and smiled. She could see that they were enamored with each other. The way G stroked Maddie’s back; how Maddie had her hand placed on G’s knee.

You have always been a little slow on the uptake when it comes to matters of the heart, Querida. Alma thought as she saw understanding spread across her wife’s features. "If you are finished with the interrogation, why don’t we let these two get back to their room."

"Sure." Johnnie said. "Sorry about the noise."

G and Maddie stood up. "It’s ok. Guess we will be getting back." G said.

"Why don’t we get together for lunch? Unless you two have plans." Alma inquired, shocking Johnnie into silence.

"Uhm, sure." Maddie said. She was totally caught off balance by the invitation. I guess I am no longer a rival. She smiled at the thought.

G was relieved. "How does 12:30 sound to you?"

"Perfect." Johnnie agreed. Mrs. Green, you and I are going to have a little chat.

They bid their guests farewell and Johnnie immediately turned to Alma. "Care to tell me why you want to have lunch with Maddie and G?"

Alma shrugged her shoulders. "I just thought it would be nice, since you terrorized poor G. She thought you were going to beat her up."

Johnnie pulled Alma into an embrace. She loved the way Alma felt against her. "I was until my wife made me see how stupid it would have been."

Alma looked up and smiled. "That’s my job. Someone has to be the level headed one of this duo."

Johnnie knew she was right. She kissed the top of Alma’s head. "Since we have a lunch date, I’m going to get some sleep. You kept me up all night long being your sex slave."

"Me?" Alma asked incredulously. "I think you have that backwards Ms. Come on baby just a little more." That earned her a playful swat to her behind.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, you are really G?" Maddie asked.

"Well, that is what my friends call me." G sat on the bed, leaning against the headboard with her legs crossed at the ankles. "I’m only Karen when I’m working."

Maddie walked over to the bed and straddled G’s thighs. "What would you like for me to call you?" She asked, her voice husky and full of desire.

G could smell Maddie’s arousal and it made her clit begin to throb. She ran her hands ups and down Maddie’s thighs. "You can call me mud if you want to, baby." G whispered.

Maddie slowly unbuttoned G’s shirt. "If G is what your friends call you, then I prefer to call you Karen. I don’t want to be just a friend."

G smiled. "Karen it is, then."

Maddie woke up with Karen still on top of her. Karen’s hand was between her thighs, fingers deep inside, while she straddled Maddie’s behind. Better not wake her up too loud. "Karen? Honey, please wake up." A light snore was her response. She called her name again, getting the same response. Maddie wiggled her behind and Karen moaned and rubbed herself against it. Karen’s fingers started to wiggle, kick starting Maddie’s passion once more. Maddie moved against rigid fingers as Karen pressed her throbbing clit against Maddie’s rear.

"Oh yes, baby." Maddie moaned.

Karen said nothing as she worked her fingers in and out of Maddie. She could feel Maddie’s juices as they ran into her cupped hand.

"So good." Maddie hissed as she moved faster. They both went to the edge and over. "Oh god, you are so damned good."

"I love waking up like this." Karen breathlessly whispered as she rolled off of Maddie’s back.

Maddie smiled as she snuggled against Karen. "So do I."

Karen looked at the clock. "Guess I better get out of here so I can shower and change."

Maddie snuggled even closer. "You smell just fine to me."

"I smell like I have been having sex, baby." Karen laughed.

"No, you smell like you had great sex." She corrected her.

~~~~~~~~~~~

The two couples had lunch at Chili’s. Karen and Alma were trying to see who could eat the most baby back ribs. Karen won, hands down.

Maddie could only watch in amazement. How am I going to feed this woman? She smiled at the thought of being able to try. "Pay up, Johnnie."

"How could you let her eat more than you, Alma?" Johnnie grumbled as she handed Maddie five dollars.

"She has a hollow leg or something. It’s not my fault." Alma said as she rubbed her belly.

"I’ve seen how my little eating machine works." Maddie admitted, and then blushed at her statement.

Karen smiled and placed her hand over Maddie’s. She called me her little eating machine. I like that. "How about some dessert?" She asked as she rubbed her hands together. Her dining companions groaned.

Alma needed to go to the ladies room, so Maddie joined her. As Alma washed her hands she looked over at Maddie. You seem to be a much happier person now. I think I may even be able to like you one day.

Maddie could feel Alma looking at her. I may as well get this over with. I hope that I haven’t upset you. I know you don’t particularly care for me, but I was hoping…"

Alma interrupted her. "Maddie, as long as you aren’t making a play for my wife, then I am fine with you. We don’t have a problem anymore as far as I can tell."

"This is true."

"I can see the way you look at Karen. It is the same look that I give Johnnie."

Maddie blushed. "Is it that obvious."

"Yes." Alma paused. "Do you want to know something?"

"Sure."

"Karen looks at you the same way."

"Really?" Maddie asked, hopefully.

"Uh huh. I think you two are perfect for each other."

Maddie breathed a sigh of relief. "I was afraid that she would think I was obsessed or something."

Alma took on a serious tone. "What you had for Johnnie was obsession. What I see in you now is love."

"It’s happening awful fast."

"Love sometimes does that. Don’t be afraid of it, or try to run away from it. Embrace it."

Maddie smiled. "I see why Johnnie loves you so much. You are a very wise woman."

Alma blushed. "Thank you."

"I am truly glad that you two found each other." Maddie admitted.

Johnnie looked at her watch. "I wonder what’s taking them so long."

"Do you think we need to go and see what’s going on?" Karen asked. "I noticed some tension between those two earlier."

"No, I think they are ok." Johnnie fidgeted in her seat. "Alma knows that Maddie’s interests lie elsewhere."

"Uhm, yeah." Karen’s mouth quickly went dry. "I hope that you don’t have a problem with it."

"Why would I? Maddie and I have been over for years." Johnnie paused. "I am actually glad that she has finally opened her heart to someone."

Karen smiled. "So am I."

Before they could finish their conversation Maddie and Alma emerged from the ladies room. Johnnie and Karen both stood and waited for their respective companions to sit.

"Everything come out ok, in there?" Karen joked.

Maddie laughed and slapped Karen’s shoulder. "Everything came out just fine." She smiled and winked at Alma. Alma returned her smile with one of her own.

I want details when we get back to the hotel, missy. Johnnie thought as she watched the exchange.

To be continued in Part 14

Return to the Academy