Dolls, Dames and Skirts

by Tragedy88
8/10/99

Part of the 101 Aurellian Nights Anthology

Disclaimers: This is uber fiction. Original concept, but borrowed characters. Only the physical descriptions are the same. Lust runs rampant, guns galore. If same sex relations are legal where you live and you are the right age then read on, dollface. If not, move or wait, this will still be here. Rated NC-17 for graphic sexual situations.


*****

April 4th, 1932

It's was a dark and stormy Friday night. A night like any other night. Except she was going to walk into my life that night and change my world. I didn't know it yet. I wish I had. I might have been ready.

I'm a PI. I know what you're thinkin'. I'm a skirt. I don't get much business. It's a man's world, baby.

I'd been on a collar for a week, but it turned out to be a bust. The old man just wanted pictures of his wife and her lover. He didn't pay well. They never do, but at least he didn't short change me. And the doll's choice of lovers was... might I say... interesting... long, dark, wild hair and long, hard body...

Now I was lookin' for something to quench my thirst, if ya know what I mean. What? You think only men have that kind of thirst?

I was in The Pink Pelican, waiting for my sugar baby to walk through that door. In this dive? You've gotta be kiddin' me. Ice said I would, and Ice knows. Everything.

So, I sat, with my back to the wall and a shot of whiskey in my hand. Should I socialize? Mingle? Sounded like something the rich and famous would do. I gotta tell ya, I really hate rich people. All hob knobby and snotty, like they owned the world.

I kicked my feet up on the tabletop and pulled my battered fedora low to my ears. No one could see my face, yet I still had a view of the entire room.

Her black, patent leather shoes came into view first, then the slim ankles, the long curvy legs... right up to the gray twill skirt.

Maybe I should have said this before. I'm battin' for the other side. Ya know? I go for the skirts, the dames? I think you get the picture. But this stays between you and me. Got that?

Finally my eyes got past the way that skirt hung on her luscious hips. She was comin' my way.

"Jack Robinson?"

She was standin' right in front of me. Her voice was soft and breathy. I couldn't even breathe. I tipped my hat back and stood up. "I'm Jack."

Her baby blues widened, and she gasped like a kitten. "But, you're a woman!"

I stuck my hands on my hips. Ice said I looked intimidating that way. "You bet I'm a woman, dollface."

"Jack?" The way she asked it and looked around I thought for sure she was a few cards short of a deck.

"Yeah." I waved my hand in front of her face. "I'm Jack." I doffed my worn fedora and let my tangled blond bangs fall into my eyes. Point taken the woman asked if she could sit down. I hesitated then rushed over to pull out her chair. "And you are?" I asked as I sat down across from her.

"Lois Jennings." Her baby blue eyes were wide. She looked like she'd been crying. Lois was one hot dame. I wanted to take those strands of silky raven hair and twine them around my fingers.

I squirmed and wiggled in my chair. We were both sitting and staring. I couldn't take it anymore. "So, how'd you find me, dollface?"

"Through a mutual friend."

Her voice was low. A shiver went up my spine and down... well, down further then I care to admit. I found myself staring at her cleavage, straining at the edge of her low cut, maroon blouse. After clearing my throat I asked her just what mutual friend she was talking about.

"Ice," she said, in that soft whispery voice.

My eyes narrowed. Ice? Ice wouldn't be caught dead with Lois. He'd always said you could never trust a dame. Course, he never trusted anyone. I was a dame, but he said I didn't count cause I liked skirts the way he did.

Where was I? Oh right. How did she know Ice? "How do you know Ice?" I asked.

She tapped her manicured nails on the tabletop. Patience, apparently, was not her strong suit. Well, it wasn't for me either.

"It doesn't matter how I met Ice. He said you could help me."

Oh, he did, did he? Since when would that maggot say anything nice about anyone? I suddenly grinned. He'd tried to get the skirt into the sack. She'd said no, so he was sending her to me. Ice wanted a good laugh.

"What am I suppose to do for you, dollface?" I could think of plenty of things to do to her.

"First, you can stop calling me dollface."

I noticed the door swing open.

"I know something and I need protection till I can get the evidence I need to prove it."

Was it the way the lights glinted off the man's silver buttons? Or was it Crusher behind him in the doorway?

"And lastly, you could pretend to listen to me." Lois stood.

I was still watching the silver button guy and Crusher. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Lois stand up. "I heard every last word you said, dollface. Now, get down." Just in time I leapt up from the chair and pulled her down to the floor.

Bullets from the goons pieces sprayed over our heads. The lights went out. Then silence, except for the sound of boot soles crunching across glass. I had landed on top of Ms. Jennings, and I must say it was a... nice feeling.

"Get off me," she hissed.

I dug deep in my pockets.

"Hey, watch where those hands go," Lois cried.

I slapped my hand over her mouth. "Shh. Wanna get us both killed, dollface?" My nose was less then an inch from her face. I could smell her. The urge to taste her left me shaking.

She tried to mumble something. I think she was trying to say, 'don't call me dollface.' Finally I found what I was looking for. The matches. It burst to life under my thumbnail. A trick I'd learned to impress the dames. It never did. Impress them, I mean.

I covered part of the flame as I rolled off Ms. Jennings' deliciously trim body. "Follow me if you wanna stay alive."

I slithered under the table and out the side door, Lois hot on my heels. We ran through the kitchen and out to the alley. There were voices down one end and suddenly a shout.

"There she is! Nathan, we've got her!"

I grabbed Lois' hand and dragged her down the alley behind me. We ran till we came to a brick wall. After I scrambled up the side I reached my hand back down for her. "Come on dollface, they're right behind us. Up and at 'em!"

She grabbed my hand, but looked back down the alley. "I can't do it Jack," she cried.

They were within sight. I cared nothing about many things, but if there was one thing I'd never do is let someone be tortured by Crusher. I wouldn't let my worst enemies dog within five feet of the bastard.

"Come on, dollface, now or never!" I hauled her up and over. We tumbled down the other side, through bags and barrels of garbage, onto the alley floor. Somehow she ended up on top of me. Her blouse sagged down in front, the top button left open.

Her bra was lacy. Nice and snug. I imagined what it would feel like if I cupped those soft, ample breasts. It was one of those new bras that hooked in front...

"Thank you," she breathed.

I tore my gaze away from her chest and looked into those amazing baby blues. "They'll be coming over that wall. We need to get out of here."

She nodded.

Mmm, I had to look away again. She did amazing things to my heart rate.

"Let's go," I said.

*****

The whiskey shot down my throat like a hot flame. It was raining. Big, fat splatters on the windows. It did nothing to distract me from Lois as she paced around my office. Neither did the whiskey. I was at the desk, my feet propped up, fedora jammed low on my head.

She was telling me how her rat bastard of a husband had done her wrong.

I watched her pace back and forth in that skirt. Her blouse was wet. Damn, I would have given anything to be her husband and be able to slowly unbutton her blouse, run my fingertips over the lace of her bra and tease her nipples till they were hard and tight...

"Jack." She sounded annoyed. "Are you listening to me?"

Slowly I looked up and met her baby blues. "Sure thing, dollface. You didn't know you married into the mob. Now you want to turn your husband in. You tried to, but ran into a bunch of crooked cops."

She blinked. Then she sank into the folding metal chair in front of my desk. "In a nutshell? Yes."

"And what do you want me to do?" I dropped my feet to the floor and shoved the whiskey bottle back into my desk draw.

"Ice said you'd help me."

"Ice says a lot of things." Her shoulders slumped. Be nice, I reminded myself. I softened my voice, the way the dames liked. "I know someone that can help."

She looked up quickly. "You do? You'll help?"

I held up my hand. "I said I know someone."

"Oh."

"Look, dollface, I tangled with the mob once. I don't want to do it again. Why do you think I can't find work in this town?" Her head tilted to the side and I found myself drowning in her frank gaze. So I jammed my fedora farther down and stalked to the other side of the office.

"What are you doing?"

With a grumble I threw open the closet door and reached up on tiptoes to the safety box. I pulled out my gun and tucked it into the waistband of my pants. "Come on," I said.

"Where are we going?"

"To find this evidence you need." Let's get this over with. Any longer and I'm going to jump your bones, babe.

*****

"Shhh," I hissed and held my finger to my lips as we crept down the hallway in her husband's office. Call me stupid. Call me blinded by lust. I'd forgone getting help from Dex and gone straight for the evidence. Miss Priss, Miss Snotty Pants had to, of course, go with me. Claimed I couldn't open the safe without her.

It had rained all the way here. We'd had to walk cause the taxi's weren't stopping for anyone. Soaked to the bone and my teeth chattering I was really beginning to regret this.

I held my piece out in front as we turned a corner.

"There, left side. First door." Lois was right behind me, breath hot in my ear. I shivered. The hall was dark, the door was locked. I picked it open and we stepped inside. The door closed behind us and Lois made her wall to the far wall.

I lit a match and held it up as she swung a picture frame away from the wall. I watched the muscles in her shoulders ripple under her blouse. By the time I realized someone was opening the office door it was too late. A club came down on my head and I passed out.

*****

I was still seeing stars two hours later when I woke up in Lois' arms. Her mane of dark hair was falling down and tickling my cheeks.

"Are you all right?" Lois asked.

"Been better." I rubbed the back of my head as I reluctantly sat up out of her arms. "Where are we?"

"In Nathan's warehouse."

Warehouse? I couldn't see anything. Of course all I could feel was her warmth against my back. I tried to move away from her. Tried to clear my mind. My hands were tied and my hat was gone. "Where's my hat?" My favorite hat.

"They left it."

"They who?" My damn hat. I lost my favorite hat. Now I was mad.

Lois blinked. "Um, Nathan, that large, angry man and the rest of his goons."

"I want my damn hat back," I growled.

She cleared her throat and looked away. "I'm sorry about your hat, Jack."

I growled again. "Don't worry about it, dollface. I'll kill the rat and get it back."

As I looked for a way to get the ropes off Lois continued to talk. "I can't believe any of this has happened. Nathan was always so loving."

"Uh huh," I mumbled. There was an ice pick a few feet away.

"Things started to go bad. I tried to leave him."

I looked up for a second. My fingers were inches from the pick. "How did you get into this mess then?"

"I guess I stumbled onto it." Her face fell and I resisted the urge to go over there and hold her. Yeah, yeah, not like that. She started to cry. I had to get us out of here.

"Well, well, well. What have we here?"

I looked up at the silver button man. This must be Nathan. Yeah, he was nice lookin' - dark hair slicked back, bright, keen eyes, shiny shoes, and a slicker that looked brand new. Mine was from the pawn shop, and had seen better days. But what did Lois ever see in Mr. Slick?

"Hello, Nathan," Lois said. Her soft voice was gone. It sounded like she was ready to spit nails. I held back a grin and hid the pick behind my back.

"Who's this?" Nathan pointed at me.

I did my best to snarl at him. It didn't work so well with my bangs falling in my eyes. "Jack Robinson, PI, at your service."

Nathan chuckled. "A skirt is a private dick? No wonder I never heard of ya, doll."

I hated that saying, private dick. There were a few things I wanted to do to his... well, nothing nice, I'll say that.

"Don't call me doll." I struggled to stand up and suddenly five guns were in my face. Crusher came out from the shadows and grabbed the pick from my hands. He grabbed the collar of my slicker and hauled me to my tiptoes.

"Nice ta see ya again, Jack." Crusher smiled without smiling. Maybe if he smiled he'd be easier to look at. Then again he might just crack his face.

"You know her?" Nathan glanced back and forth between his hired muscle and me, the skirt.

"We have a... history," I said. None of it pleasant. Crusher had given me the scar on my chin. Some dames went for that kind of thing. Some didn't. I wondered if Lois did.

"Nathan." Lois sauntered her way over to her husband.

God, even in jeopardy I could think of nothing else but the way her ass filled out that skirt.

"Leave Jack out of this. She has nothing to do with us," Lois said. She slithered up to him. I wanted to puke. He put a possessive hand under her chin.

"She is now, babydoll." He waved his other hand and Crusher dragged me toward the door.

I struggled and kicked out at his shins. He cursed and dropped me to the floor. Once again five guns were shoved in my face. There was nothing I could do.

"Nathan, please." Lois leaned forward and caressed the side of his face. I turned away as she kissed him. I wished it were me she were kissing.

"Nice try, doll," Nathan said. He shoved her to the ground.

Anger, red and hot welled up in me and with five guns in my face I lunged at him. He pulled his piece from beneath his jacket and aimed it at Lois' head.

"Bastard," I hissed. Crusher hauled me to my feet and held my arms behind my back.

Nathan laughed. Then he walked toward me. "I don't usually hit women. But, from what I hear you're more of a man than a skirt anyway." He slapped me.

My head whipped from side to side. I spat at his feet. "I don't know what Lois sees in you." He slapped me again. "I certainly don't see it."

"My money," he said. "And no, you wouldn't see it, would you?" He paced around me for a second, then came back with a roundhouse that left me gasping for breath. "Don't ever touch my wife. Crusher, show her the back room."

"Jack!" Lois cried as Nathan dragged her in the opposite direction.

I wished she were yelling for me and not for my help. "I'll be just a minute, dollface." I smirked at Crusher. He pulled my arms back tighter. Wow, I had never seen so many stars in my life.

The back room had two hooks on the wall and chains dangling from the ceiling. Crusher and the other goons used the chains to hang me by my arms to the wall.

"It's been a while, Jack," Crusher said. "I'm going to enjoy this."

"Oh, me too. Me too." He hit me a few times. My head was swimming. I needed my piece. Then I could waste these rats, save Lois and live happily ever after. We'd make love all night long. I could see her long, hard, naked body over mine. Hear her whispered pleas in my ears...

That fantasy was the only thing that kept me conscious. Crusher was done. I kept my eyes closed.

"That's it, boys." Nathan had come into the room. "Finish her and feed her to the fish."

They hadn't even pumped me for information.

"Yes sir."

The door closed. Crusher thought I was out for the count. I heard a pistol hammer cocking and I kicked out with my foot. The gun went flying. I lifted my head up and looked Crusher in the eye. "Nice try, big boy."

He was angry now. I grinned. Amazing the amount of adrenaline lustful fantasies can give you. I had Crusher on the ground. The gun had landed only a foot a way from me. I managed to sweep it up into the air and catch it with my chained hand.

I aimed it at the goons. "Keys please, boys."

*****

The 'boys' were chained up and I was headed down the hall in search of Lois. I found her tied up in an empty office.

"Jack!"

"Told ya I'd be just a minute, dollface." I swept over to her like the gallant knight and untied her. I contemplated saving the ropes for later as she rushed up out of the chair and swept me up in her arms. I teetered backwards, turned, and pinned her up against the wall.

"Oh Jack," she breathed. "You saved me."

"Said I would. Didn't I?" I pressed her closer against the wall. Her chest heaved against mine. My hands found her soft hips. Our faces were inches apart. I looked into her baby blues, then pounced. I came down hard on her lips. My hands found their way to her firm backside.

"Jack!" she gasped.

I pulled back for a second, but my hips stayed pressed firmly between her legs. I could feel the heat radiating from her body. "Shut up, dollface, and kiss me."

"Don't call me dollface," she growled. Then we kissed. Hard and searing. Her unbridled passion tore through my groin and I wanted to take her right there on the warehouse floor. Her leg swept up and around my back, pulling me even closer. I held on tight to her ass and kissed her harder. My hand slid up her smooth thigh. Up, farther and farther till I touched the edge of her panties.

They were lace too. A moan surged up from her throat as I ran my fingers around the edge of the lace.

She tore away again. "Nathan," she breathed.

How could she think of him at a time like this? "I'll kill him," I said. My voice was raw with desire.

"No, we have to stop him."

"You're right." I pulled away, giving her backside a pinch as I did. "Let's go."

"Wait," she whispered.

"What?" I looked up into her baby blues, clouded now with lust. Forget Nathan. I captured her lips again. My hand traveled back up her thigh, under her skirt, to the lace panties. I had a thing for lace. My tongue shot deep into her mouth as my fingers traveled over the crotch of her panties. She was hot and wet.

My heart sped up and desire coursed through my veins. She gasped as my finger went under the side of the elastic and slid across her wet sex. Her breath was shallow. Oh god, she was one hot dame.

With two fingers inside her, I used my hips to grind against her, and unbuttoned her blouse with my free hand. I wanted to taste her, be completely inside of her. Hungrily I ran my teeth and tongue over the front of her lace bra till her nipples were taut and aching.

"Jack," she whispered huskily. "More. I need more."

I unhooked the front of her bra and ran my tongue across her nipples. Her back arched and she cried out for more, her hips rocking violently agaisnt mine. Heat was coursing through me. By her frantic movements I knew she was ready.

I pulled out my fingers and ran my hands down her sides. She moaned her disappointment, but I wasn't finished. My hands traveled further down and caught the edge of her skirt. I pushed it up till it was around her hips.

As I got on my knees and slung her thigh over my shoulder her lace panties were within sight. I buried my nose in that delicous lace and darted my tongue around either side of the panties till I was inside and lapping up her juices.

"Jack, oh god, Jack!"

I picked up the pace. She crushed her sex down onto my face, driving her passion towards it's climax. She was breathing heavily now, and so was I. Her thighs tightened around my head and I knew she was climaxing. I pushed my tongue deeper and harder.

My hand snaked down between my own thighs and into my pants. She cried out my name, telling me to go deeper. I did. And I was was climaxing too.

Oh... yes! Her juice ran down my chin as her body shuddered against my tongue. My own sex tightened and spasmed and I let out my release in a strangled burst of air.

I made my way back up her body, kissing her soft skin and straightening her skirt as I went. I kissed each nipple and re-hooked her bra. Then I kissed her mouth, hard and long. "Alright, can we go now?" I asked, after pulling away.

"Sure," she said in that low voice that sent tingles up and down my spine. "NOW we can go."

I grinned.

*****

I couldn't keep my hands off her. I didn't care if Nathan's big plan involved feeding the mayor to the fishes or not.

"I'll never get way from him," Lois said.

She was right. She was hot and she was smart. A killer combo. "The mayor's speech is at noon." It was almost noon now. And it was raining again. It always rained in this godforsaken city. "Nathan will make his move then."

Lois nodded. "He said it was time the mob took their rightful place in this city."

I nodded. "Well, he's not going to get that chance, is he, dollface?"

By the time the taxi reached the park and the podium it had stopped raining. The sun tried to shine down through the gray, but it didn't. It was perfect. I told Lois to wait at the back of the crowd. I'd take care of Nathan.

"Kiss me," I said. "For good luck."

The kiss set my lips on fire. Again.

"Don't get killed," she whispered.

"Don't worry dollface, I'd come back for you." I ran my fingertips up and down the buttons on her blouse, tucking one finger inside the top to run across her lacy bra. She shivered. I grinned. "Stay put."

I made my way through the crowd, toward the edge of the podium. The mayor's speech was long winded and boring. Where was Nathan? He was sitting on the podium!

"I'd like to introduce an upstanding citizen. And a friend of mine," the major said. He gestured toward Nathan. He stood and made his way across the floor. I caught his eyes. His smile faltered and he looked out over the crowd.

"Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. Thank you, Bob." He thumped the major on the back and put an arm around his shoulders. Nathan pulled a gun out of his slicker and placed it against the mayor's temple. His goons surged up on stage and pointed their pieces out into the crowd.

"It's time to take what's ours." Nathan smiled.

"I don't think so." I jumped up on stage and pointed my piece right in Nathan's face. He was undaunted, smiling even. Then I saw why. Crusher was here, and he had Lois in his meaty grip. "Let her go, you bastard."

"Not this time. Drop the gun or I tell him to kill her."

I dropped my piece.

Suddenly the pigs were shoving guns in the goons faces. It was a stand-off.

"Hey Dex, fancy meeting you here." I'd called him before we'd gotten to the taxi. He was high up on the force, and someone I could trust.

"Put the weapon down," Dex called to Nathan. "Hey Jack, who's the skirt?"

I chuckled. "Dex, meet Lois Jennings. Lois, meet my old friend, Dex."

"Hi Dex." Lois smiled.

I glanced at Nathan then and noticed his pale face. His hand was shaking. I got the feeling this was going to go down bad. "Lois, dollface, get down." Before any of us could do anything Nathan was pulling the trigger. The crowd gasped, but it was Nathan that fell.

Lois had elbowed him in the gut and grabbed the gun as he fell. Now she towered over him, one foot on the front of his slicker. I stood dumbfounded. She was like a warrior woman. Face glowing, lips snarling, as she pointed the piece at Nathan.

"Let me up, doll. This was all just a big mistake," Nathan pleaded.

Lois shook her head. Her long raven hair fell around her shoulders. Her chest was heaving and her shapely thigh was peeking out from under the edge of her skirt.

I'd never wanted her more then I did right then.

Lois snorted. "The mistake was marrying you in the first place, you looser."

She'd never looked sexier. I came up behind her and put my hands on her hips. I leered down at Nathan. "You're going to jail for a long time," I said. I wrapped one arm around Lois's hips and took the gun with the other. "Take him away, boys."

The pigs surged in and hauled Nathan up. They took him to the wagon. He'd be in jail a long, long time.

I turned Lois around and pulled her into my arms. I wasn't much for PDA's but I had to kiss her, right then and there. Had to taste her. Again. We broke apart when Dex cleared his throat.

"Hey, Jack, thanks for the collar. I owe you."

I turned and held out my hand. We shook on it. "No, thank you. Couldn'ta done this without you, old friend."

"Anytime, Jackie." Dex walked away. This bust would make his career.

"Jackie?" Lois asked.

I turned back around in her arms and kissed her before I answered.

"Yeah yeah. Pop's thought it was funny, naming me after one of the greatest ballplayers of all time." I shook my head. "Nevermind."

"Here." Lois handed me a battered, brown fedora.

"What's this for?"

"You. It looks better then that other one." She placed the hat on my head and tipped it a little to the side. Then she kissed me, long and hard.

I pulled away. "That hat was my favorite. I miss that hat."

"I like this one. Wear it for me?" Lois purred the question in my ear. "We'll go to a hotel and you can model the hat... and nothing else."

I shivered and gripped her hips tightly. I wasn't going to let this one get away. "Anything for you, dollface."

"And stop calling me dollface."

"Shut up and kiss me."

THE END
(c) Tragedy88 1999


Return to the main page