HEART AND SOUL

SUMMARY: When Gabrielle gets taken, how far is Xena willing to go to save her?

It was just another day, not unlike any other. Xena and Gabrielle were riding along. They had just helped rescue some people from an attack on their village. This sort of thing had become the usual for the two. By this time Xena and Gabrielle had been traveling together for quite some time. They've had many adventures, faced down numerous foes and came out victorious in countless dangerous situations. Throughout all of this the two had become very close friends.

XENA
This seems like a good spot to stop for the night.

Xena stopped them by a quiet little stream. They both climbed down from Argo. After getting their things, Xena patted Argo, telling her to go eat, drink and rest. Then she helped Gabrielle set up camp. Once things were set and the the sun was just about gone. Xena got a fire going. After eating dinner, Gabrielle sat by the campfire, writing about their most recent adventure. Xena sat quietly watching the young bard as she happily wrote. The flicker of the fire cast a soft glow on Gabrielle's face. The light bouncing off her long golden hair. Xena couldn't help but smile as she watched her. Gabrielle looked up from her scroll, seeing Xena smile at her.

GABRIELLE
What?

XENA
What?

GABRIELLE
You were just sitting there smiling at me.

Xena hadn't realized she was doing that. And instantly got slightly defensive, though she wasn't sure why.

XENA
What I can't smile.

GABRIELLE
That's not what I meant. It's just I don't usually see you smile so casually. It's nice, you should do it more often.

Gabrielle smiled back at Xena as she went back to her scroll. The two sat quietly for a while.

XENA
(thinking to herself) Why was I smiling? I wasn't really thinking about anything inparticular. I was just sitting here watching Gabrielle. So what was I so happy about?

Later that night, they were settling down for bed. Gabrielle and Xena layed side by side. While Gabrielle was asleep, Xena layed awake. No reason inparticular. As she did, Xena looked over at Gabrielle. Seeing how peaceful she looked as she slept, a soft smile came across Xena's face. Then she thought about earlier. But that wasn't all. She realized that for a bit now she had begun to look at Gabrielle differently. Gabrielle, who was her companion, her friend, someone who she trusted with her life. Now Xena saw something else in her. Though it was something she had tried for a bit to ignore. She could no longer deny it. Xena had fallen in love with Gabrielle.

XENA
(thinking to herself) I can't tell her. Gabrielle has such kind heart. She has the amazing ability to see the good in everything. Including me. Though I don't know why. She deserves someone who will make her truly happy. Someone far better than me. Someone who hasn't done the horrible things I have.

With that thought Xena vowed to keep her true feelings hidden from Gabrielle. She turned her back to Gabrielle and drifted off to sleep.

XENA
(thinking to herself) It's better off this way.

The next morning Xena and Gabrielle got back on the road. As they rode along, Gabrielle looked in the distance. She saw a young woman being chased by a group of people.

GABRIELLE
Xena look.

XENA
I see `em. Hold on.

Xena had Argo speed up, catching up to them. As they got close, Xena lept through the air and landed between the young woman and her pursuers.

XENA
Now all of you agienst one defenseless girl doesn't really seem fair.

One of the people in a cloak stepped forward and spoke. Xena couldn't see their face. They were using some sort of magic to conceal their identity by covering themselves in a dark shadow.

SHADOW
This doesn't concern you Xena. Stay out of this.

XENA
Well since you know who I am, you should know that I can't do that.

SHADOW
I'm warning you.

Xena drew her sword, preparing for a fight.

SHADOW
Have it your way.

The mysterious cloaked group began attacking. Xena and Gabrielle fought them off as they defended the young woman. When almost all of the group was defeated, the leader summoned more out of nowhere. The numbers were too much. Xena knew they couldn't take all of them.

XENA
Gabrielle, take the girl a run.

GABRIELLE
What about you?

XENA
I can hold them off long enough for the two of you to get out of here.

GABRIELLE
But Xena..

XENA
I'll be fine. Now go. I'll be right behind you.

GABRIELLE
Okay.

Gabrielle took the young woman's arm and the two of them ran off to find safety. With Gabrielle and the other women getting away, Xena focused her attention on the girl's pursuers.

SHADOW
Oh Xena. You think sending the girl away will protect her. When all you've done is make it easier for me.

XENA
Who are you and how do you know who I am?

SHADOW
Wouldn't you like to know. But I don't have time to chat right now. I have to inform my people about the whereabouts of the girl. Don't worry I'll see you soon.

With that the shadow vanished, leaving Xena to face the rest of the group. She knew she had to finish them quick and get to the girl and Gabrielle. Meanwhile Gabrielle was running with the young woman. After a bit, feeling like they got far enough away, Gabrielle and the young woman stopped to rest.

GABRIELLE
Are you okay?

YOUNG WOMAN
Yes, thank you.

Gabrielle introduced herself.

GABRIELLE
Who were those people? Why were they after you?

YOUNG WOMAN
They belong to the temple of Deimos.

GABRIELLE
Deimos. That's the God of Fear and panic right?

YOUNG WOMAN
Yes.

GABRIELLE
But why would anyone want that?

YOUNG WOMAN
Who knows.

GABRIELLE
But why do they want you?

?
Oh we don't necessarily need her specificly.

Hearing the voice behind them, Gabrielle and the young woman quickly jumped up. They turned to see a shadowy figure standing behind them. Gabrielle grabbed her staff and got in front of the young woman. Slowly backing up, Gabrielle glanced back at her.

GABRIELLE
Quick get out of here.

YOUNG WOMAN
Are you gonna be okay?

GABRIELLE
Don't worry about me. If what you said is true, then we can't let them get you. Now run.

The young woman began to run back the way they came. As she did, she ran into Xena.

XENA
Where's Gabrielle?

The young woman told Xena what happened.

XENA
Go hide. I'll be back.

Xena took off running towards where Gabrielle was. As she got there she saw the shadowy figure had a hold of Gabrielle.

XENA
Gabrielle!

Gabrielle looked over as she struggled to break free.

GABRIELLE
Xena!

Xena quickly took her chakrum and hurled it towards the shadowy
figure. But as it flew through the air and reached the figure, it just passed right through them. As if they weren't even there. Seeing this, Xena drew her sword and changed towards them. As she came close, the figure turned their head seeing Xena coming at them. Then they looked back at Gabrielle.

SHADOW
I suppose she'll do instead.

Just as Xena got to them, the shadowy figure disappeared. Taking Gabrielle with them.

XENA
Gabrielle!

Xena looked all around but didn't see any sign of them at all. She called out for Gabrielle, but got no response. They were gone. And Xena had no idea where Gabrielle had been taken.

XENA
No, Gabrielle.

×××

Xena stood in the empty clearing, having no idea of where those people had taken Gabrielle. The young woman that Gabrielle was protecting approached Xena.

YOUNG WOMAN
Your friend, she saved me. I'm so sorry she was taken. It was supposed to be me.

Xena turned to the young woman.

XENA
Who were those people?

The young woman told Xena about them. Once Xena was informed of the situation, she knew exactly where to begin to look for Gabrielle. She escorted the young woman back home. Then she set off to a nearby temple. There was someone she needed to confront. Someone that she knew must know about Deimos and his followers. She figured there was a very high chance that they probably had something to do with this. And that assumption infuriated Xena. Finally she reached the temple. She knew who she was looking for would have to show up here. Xena stormed inside.

XENA
Alright Ares show yourself!

1Xena stood for a moment waiting for the God of war to appear. When he didn't show up, Xena yelled again.

XENA
I know you can hear me! So get out here now!

She waited a few more moments and still he didn't show. Now she was becoming more enraged.

XENA
Ares, if you know what's good for you, you'll show your face! Unless you're a coward.

Still nothing.

XENA
ARES!

Finally Ares appeared.

ARES
What?!

Xena drew her sword and pointed it at him.

ARES
(sarcasm) Nice to see you too.

XENA
Where's Gabrielle?

ARES
What? How should I know?

XENA
I'm warning you, I'm not in the mood for your games. Now where is she?!

Ares casually pushed Xena's sword away from him.

ARES-
Look I have no idea what you're talking about. What would I possibly want with that little friend of yours?

XENA
You would do anything if you thought it would get me to join you. Including getting rid of Gabrielle.

Ares chuckled.

ARES
While it's true that I do want you to come fight for me. And I have tried many things to get you. But I wouldn't dream of even touching that Gabrielle. I know what you would do me. I mean come on, I'm not crazy.

Xena wasn't convinced.

XENA
You really expect me to believe that a group that follows your son, just happened to randomly take the one person that care about more than anyone. Sorry I'm not buying it.

Ares gave Xena a confused look.

ARES
My son?

XENA
Deimos. Now stop acting and tell me what you know. Or else.

ARES
(smirking) Well now I know I can't help you. And did you just say that she's the one person that you care about more than anyone? Interesting.

Xena glared at him. She was about to lose what little patience she had. Ares could see the rage building within Xena. He took a more serious tone.

ARES
Look I really can't help you. Deimos and I aren't exactly on speaking terms.

XENA
So the God of war and the God of Fear and panic don't get along.

ARES
Yeah who would've thought. But it's pretty hard to get people to fight when they're too terrified to do anything. I might enjoy a good fight or war, but the things he does to stoke fear in people is just barbaric. So you could say that we have some pretty different views on what counts as going "too far".

Ares convinced Xena that he wasn't involved in taking Gabrielle. Though she was still skeptical about him not knowing anything, she had no choice but to take his word for it. At least until she had more information. Xena began to leave, to continue her search for Gabrielle.

ARES
If I were you, I'd find Gabrielle quick.

Xena turned back towards Ares.

XENA
I was planning on it. Why?

ARES- Oh no reason, just that Deimos' followers probably need someone to help them to begin his reign on earth.

XENA
What are you getting at?

ARES
They need someone who has a pure, kind soul to be a sacrifice.

Xena felt her heart sink.

XENA
No, Gabrielle.

ARES
Well I should get going. Good luck.

With that Ares took his leave, vanishing from the temple. Xena left to try and find any leads that would help her track down the followers of Deimos. She knew she had to find Gabrielle. She was determined to save her before it was too late. Whatever it took. But what Xena didn't know was what she was going to have to do, and just how far she was going to have to go in order to get to and save Gabrielle. Meanwhile Gabrielle was being held in a cell by the followers of Deimos. She sat there trying to think of a way out. Then one of the followers of Deimos walked by the cell. Gabrielle got up and went over to the bars.

GABRIELLE
Hey, hey you.

The follower looked at her.

DEIMOS FOLLOWER
What?

GABRIELLE
You better let me out of here.

DEIMOS FOLLOWER
Or what?

GABRIELLE
My friend is on her way and she's not gonna be to happy that you took me.

DEIMOS FOLLOWER
(mocking tone) Oooo your friend, I'm so scared.

GABRIELLE
You should be because her name is Xena.

The Deimos follower laughed.

GABRIELLE
I'm serious. Xena's coming and you're gonna be sorry when she gets here.

The follower walked up to Gabrielle.

DEIMOS FOLLOWER
It doesn't matter if you're friends with the warrior princess. She'll never be able to get here in time. Because soon everything will be ready. And you will become the catalysts that will bring the great Deimos to us. And then the end can begin.

×××

Xena traversed the surrounding areas for anything or anyone that could help lead her to followers of Deimos. She knew that time was running out to save Gabrielle. She just hoped that it wasn't already too late.

XENA-
(thinking to herself) Please Gabrielle, just hold on. I'll find you.

As Xena searched for any sort of tral that she could follow, she came across what looked to be the aftermath of some sort of battle. It was a horrific scene. The bodies of the fallen were scattered across the battlefield. The quiet air was filled with the stench of death. Even with all of Xena's experience in combat, the scene was so gruesome that it made her feel uneasy and slightly sick to her stomach. Clearly whoever was responsible for this were truly heartless, depraved monsters. Xena quietly made her way through the area as she continued looking for anything to help in her search. As she walked she heard a small, weak voice.

?
...is...someone there?

Xena looked for the source of the voice. After a little searching, she found that one of the soldiers was still alive. She knelt down to see what she could do to help him.

SOLDIER
You need to get out of here.

XENA
Shh, save your strength.

Xena began inspecting the soldiers wounds.

SOLDIER
Please... listen. The people who did this, they were completely mad. They slaughtered.... everyone with an attitude of pure joy. They just
kept saying stuff like "Soon panic will reign" and "He will deliver us all with fear."

It became clear to Xena that this was the work of the followers of Deimos.

XENA
Do you know what way they went?

SOLDIER
No. They went around making sure everyone they took down was dead. When they got to me, I pretended I was already slayed. I guess I was convincing, enough, so they let me be. Though I don't think it really matters... I know I'm not gonna last much longer.

As Xena saw the extent of his injuries, she knew that he was right. There was nothing she could do to save him. And moments later, he was gone. Xena stood. Anger flooded into her. As if she needed more reasons to find these people. Now that she witnessed first hand the depths of their distruction and madness, she knew that the followers of Deimos needed to be stopped. Based on her evaluation of the battlefield, Xena knew that they passed through the area pretty recently. She was on the right track. Xena continued on in the same direction she had been going. She kept focused on getting to Gabrielle in order to distract herself from the scene surrounding her. She had an even more heightened sense of urgency to reach her in time. Xena continued along until up ahead she saw a small group of people. She quickly took cover behind some rocks. Cautiously, Xena peaked out to get a better look. She watched them to see what they were doing. Though she had a hunch that they were some of the followers of Deimos. Xena followed them for a bit, just to confirm her suspicions. As she tracked them, they came across a traveler. Xena silently watched from a safe distance, ready to intervene if she needed to.

TRAVELER
Excuse me? I'm a little lost.

The people approached the traveler. Xena couldn't quite hear what they were saying. Cautiously she got closer. As she did, she saw one of them place their hand on the travelers shoulder. Xena got a bad feeling about the situation. But before she had time to act, the traveler let out a loud cry of pain, as they dropped to their knees. This confirmed Xena's suspensions. These people were indeed part of the followers of Deimos. Quickly Xena grabbed her chakrum and threw it at them. It struck, slicing the hand of the follower. She lept in, getting between the traveler and the rest of the group, catching her chakrum as it came back to her. Xena glanced back.

XENA
Get out of here now.

The traveler looked at Xena, very confused.

XENA
If you know what's good for you, you'll run. Now go!

The tone of Xena's voice frightened the traveler. They ran off, not knowing that Xena had just saved them from a horrific fate. With the traveler safe, Xena was able to focus on the task at hand.

XENA
Followers of Deimos I presume.

DEIMOS FOLLOWER
Ah you know of us.

Xena drew her sword.

XENA
You people took someone very important to me, and now you're going to tell me where she is.

DEIMOS FOLLOWER
And what if I don't?

Xena readied herself to fight.

XENA
I'll make you.

The Deimos follower chuckled.

DEIMOS FOLLOWER
You don't scare me. You can't force me to do anything.

Xena glared at him.

XENA
We'll see.

Xena swung her sword. The Deimos follower swiftly drew a dagger and blocked Xena's attack. They fought for a bit. The Deimos follower called for the others to attack. Xena fought them all. One by one she cut them down. Finally there was only one of the group left. Knowing he was out matched, he tried to flee.

XENA
Where do you think you're going?

Xena quickly caught him. She put her hold on him.

XENA
Clearly you value your life. So if you're smart you'll tell me what I want to know. Or you'll be dead in seconds.

DEIMOS FOLLOWER
Nice try, I know won't just let me die.Then how will you find who you're looking for?

Hs was right. At the moment Xena had no other way to find Gabrielle as quickly as she needed to. She knew that this wasn't the way she was going to get the information she needed. Xena released the hold.

DEIMOS FOLLOWER
(Laughing) I knew it. You're too soft. I told you couldn't make me do anything.

Xena glared at him with a icey cold stare.

XENA
I only stopped because the dead can't talk. And like you said, I need you alive to find out what I need to know.

DEIMOS FOLLOWER
You still think I'm going to tell you anything? Even after you're threats of killing me failed. You're a fool.

Xena Clenched her fist, as he mocked her.

XENA
The only one that's a fool here is you.

Xena grabbed the follower and slammed him hard up against a tree. Then she threw him to the ground. She stood above him, looking down, her rage boiling over. She didn't have time for this. She knew that time was running out for Gabrielle. She had to find her fast. Xena grabbed his cloak, forcing him to his feet. Xena knew for what she was about to do she was going to have to tap into a part of herself that she had hoped to leave behind her forever. Xena was prepared to let a bit of her former self seep back in. She was going to need the cold, calculated, relentlessness that the part of her once had. She was going to save Gabrielle. And she was willing to do anything to do it. Even if it meant temporarily diverging from her path of redemption.

XENA
(thinking to herself) I'll save you Gabrielle. Whatever it takes.

×××

Xena stood above the Deimos follower, glaring down at him. Feeling her rage about to consume her.

XENA
I'm giving you one last chance to tell me what you know. Or else.

DEIMOS FOLLOWER
(smirking) Or else what?

XENA
Have it your way. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Xena grabbed him by the throat as she pulled him to his feet. She threw him hard against the tree again. Then she began beating him. Punches, kicks, even headbutts. She only held back just enough to not kill him. Xena unleashed her wrath on the Deimos follower. The area became filled with the cries of pain.

DEIMOS FOLLOWER
GAH! Please, please. No more. Just kill me.

Xena stopped.

XENA
Tell me where is the girl you took?!

The beaten and bloodied Follower of Deimos was barely continuous at this point.

DEIMOS FOLLOWER
I don't know where she is.

XENA
Liar.

Xena grabbed his arm and began twisting it. The Deimos follower let out a loud yelp of pain. Xena didn't stop.

DEIMOS FOLLOWER
Wait! I really don't know where she is. I'm only a low ranking member of the group. But I know someone who might.

Xena paused her actions.

XENA
I'm listening.

DEIMOS FOLLOWER
Not too far from here, there's a city. A number of our people are there to find the right one we need to sacrifice. The person in charge there is one of our higher ranked people. They should know where the girl is. That's all I know, I swear.

XENA
You better not be lying.

Xena gave him arm another twist.

DEIMOS FOLLOWER
(sobs) GAH! That's the truth. That really is all I know. Now please just let me go.

XENA
I bet that's what all those people I passed by said too.

Xena wrenched his arm further, as he screamed in pain.

XENA
Why should I show you any mercy? When you clearly didn't show your victims any.

He didn't say anything. He just cried out, feeling like his arm was about to be torn off. Finally Xena let go. The Deimos follower cried as he layed there clenching his arm. Xena questioned him about where to find the city. He told her. Then without saying another word, Xena raced off to the city that was being run by one of the followers of Deimos. After some traveling she reached the city. Xena walked through the gate. She looked around. Everything seemed to be normal. Nothing stood out that would cause alarm. But Xena figured that was the point. Someone involved with such a disgusting, secretive group wouldn't want to stand out. Xena decided that a good place to start would be to find some information about the person running the city. She asked around to find out where they were. After some investigating, Xena found out where she could find the the person in charge. As she entered the building that she was instructed to go to, a young woman approached her.

YOUNG WOMAN
Do you seek an audience with our leader?

XENA
Yes, could you take me to them.

YOUNG WOMAN
I can't. But I will announce your presence to my lady. And then she will decide if she will take an audience.

The young woman left. Though her patients was wearing thin, Xena stood there waiting for the young woman to return. After a bit she came back.

YOUNG WOMAN
My lady will see you now. Please come with me.

Xena followed the young woman down a long hallway. As they walked the young woman casually talked to her. This young woman reminded her so much of Gabrielle. Xena felt a slight sadness fall over her as she thought about her. She didn't know how much time she had left to save her.

XENA
(thinking to herself) I hope I'm not too late. Please Gabrielle, just be alright. I'll be there soon.

Finally they came to a large room. The young woman opened the doors. She and Xena walked in. Xena saw a woman sitting on throne-like chair. The young woman approached her and knelt before her.

YOUNG WOMAN
My lady, this is the woman who wished to speak with you.

The sitting woman nodded in approval. Then the young woman stood and motioned for Xena to come closer. Xena walked over and stood in front of her. The young woman went and stood beside the other women.

YOUNG WOMAN
This is my Lady Nightingale.

Xena concluded that Nightingale was clearly her title. Though knowing her real name wasn't important. The only thing that mattered was finding Gabrielle.

LADY NIGHTINGALE
Speak. What is your business here?

Xena looked around. Not seeing any guards, she figured she could speak freely.

XENA
I was told by one of your "associates" that you had some information that I need.

LADY NIGHTINGALE
My associates? Whatever do you mean?

XENA
I know who you are.

The Lady played dumb. Pretending not to know what Xena was talking about. But her act didn't fool Xena. By this point she had absolutely zero patience for these people's games.

XENA
Enough. Don't even try to deny that you belong to the Followers Of Deimos. One of your people told me I could find you here.

LADY NIGHTINGALE
(sigh) Very well. What do you want?

XENA
Your people have someone that I want back. And you're going to tell me how to find her.

LADY NIGHTINGALE
And why would I do that?

XENA
Because if you don't I can make your life miserable.

Lady Nightingale leaned a little forward. Angered by what she felt was an utter disrespect shown by Xena.

LADY NIGHTINGALE
Is that a threat?

Xena glared at her.

XENA
No, it's a promise.

×××

Lady Nightingale scowled at Xena as she stood from her throne. Angered by the fact that Xena had just threatened her.

LADY NIGHTINGALE
I don't know who you think you are, but you had better watch your tongue.

XENA
Then I suggest you stop lying to me. I Know you're one of the Followers Of Deimos leaders. I also know about your plans to summon him. And I'm not going to let you do it.

Xena drew her sword.

XENA
Now give me back my friend.

LADY NIGHTINGALE
I've had enough of this. Leave, now.

XENA
Make me.

LADY NIGHTINGALE
Alright, have it your way.

Lady Nightingale called for her guards. Within seconds the room was flooded with her men. They quickly surrounded Xena.

LADY NIGHTINGALE
Please escort our guest out of here.

As they approached Xena, she swung her sword at them. They backed off a little. She stared them down, ready to fight.

LADY NIGHTINGALE
Last chance to leave on your own accord.

XENA
Oh I'm not going anywhere.

LADY NIGHTINGALE
Very well then, get her.

With that order the guards attacked. Xena began fighting them off. She relentlessly took them down. Meanwhile Lady Nightingale sat back down and watched the scene as it played out. Seemingly enjoying the fight. Xena noticed how casually she was treating the situation. This just angered Xena further, causing her to fight harder. In no time she had cleared the room. As she stood amongst the slain guards, Xena turned back to face Lady Nightingale.

XENA
Your guards are dead, now nothing is stopping me from getting you. Now tell me where my friend is and I'll leave.

Lady Nightingale stared at Xena down. Clearly angered by Xena's actions.

LADY NIGHTINGALE
You have the nerve to come in here, accuse me of nonsense, threaten me. When I ask you to leave, you kill my guards. And now you think I'm going to just let you go.

XENA
No, you're going to tell me where Gabrielle is first?

The young woman that was beside Lady Nightingale seemed to perk up a little when she heard Gabrielle's name. This didn't go unnoticed by Xena.

LADY NIGHTINGALE
As I said already, I don't know what you're talking about.

XENA
Really, because that girl appears to know something. Maybe I'll just ask her.

Lady Nightingale seemed to become defensive when Xena mentioned the young woman next to her.

LADY NIGHTINGALE
You will leave her out of this.

XENA
Oh did I strike a nerve. Strange that someone who wants to bring about something so horrible can actually care about someone else.

The young woman looked at Lady Nightingale with a curious look.

YOUNG WOMAN
What's she talking about my lady?

LADY NIGHTINGALE
Nothing you need to concern yourself with. Now leave us to speak privately.

YOUNG WOMAN
Yes of course.

The young woman began walking away. Xena watched as she walked past her. She glanced over at Lady Nightingale. Xena knew that she wasn't going to willingly tell her anything. Though she clearly knew alot more than she was leading on. Simply going after her wasn't going to work. Xena couldn't put her finger on it, but she had a feeling that Lady Nightingale was very powerful. Xena knew that if they fought right then, she might not make it in time to save Gabrielle. But she needed the information that Lady Nightingale had in order to find her.

XENA
Now this is your last chance to tell me what you know. Or else.

LADY NIGHTINGALE
You keep throwing out threats, and honestly I've enough of you. And since you won't leave on your own...

She stood and began walking towards Xena.

LADY NIGHTINGALE
I'm going have to make you leave. I'm going to enjoy this.

As she walked, Lady Nightingale picked up a sword from a weapon rack she passed by.

LADY NIGHTINGALE
Honestly based your attitude, I think she might be better off were she is.

Xena felt her anger begin to rise.

XENA
What did you just say?! That's it I've had enough of you people.

Before Lady Nightingale could reach her, Xena quickly turned and ran towards the doors.

LADY NIGHTINGALE
Oh no it's too late for you to leave now.

XENA
Trust me I'm not anywhere, and neither is she.

Xena reached out, grabbing the young woman before she could leave the room. Xena stood there holding the young woman by the back of her shirt as she stared down Lady Nightingale, who had stopped in her tracks.

LADY NIGHTINGALE
What do you think you're doing?

XENA
I told you I wasn't making idle threats.

The young woman struggled to get free, but had no such luck.

YOUNG WOMAN
Please, let me go.

Xena snapped at the young woman.

XENA
Quiet!

Xena and Lady Nightingale stood there, a good amount of distance separated them. Xena knew that the tables had turned and now she had the upper hand.

LADY NIGHTINGALE
Just what are you going to do?

Xena, with a coldness in her voice and a look of complete seriousness, gave Lady Nightingale an ultimatum.

XENA
That's really up to you at this point. You can tell me what you know about where I can find my friend. Or I can return the favor and take your friend from you, permanently.

×××

Xena stood by the doors of the large room, holding the young woman tightly in her grasp. She and Lady Nightingale staring each other down.

LADY NIGHTINGALE
Okay you have my attention. Now what exactly do you want?

XENA
I told you already. Your people, The Followers Of Deimos have my friend and I want her back. Now tell me where she is.

Lady Nightingale still tried to deny her involvement with the group. But Xena wasn't falling for her innocent act. Her continued denial only fueled Xena's anger further.

XENA
Enough! I'm running out of time and patience. Now tell me what you know or she dies.

Xena placed her fingers on the young woman's neck, ready to put her hold on her.

LADY NIGHTINGALE
I assure you I don't know what you've talking about.

Xena scowled.

XENA
Fine.

Xena put her hold on the young woman and explained that she had seconds to live unless Lady Nightingale told her anything that could help her find Gabrielle.

LADY NIGHTINGALE
Please stop this.

XENA
Times running out.

The young woman struggled.

YOUNG WOMAN
my lady...please

The seconds ticked by. Blood began to flow from the young woman's nose, as she felt herself getting weaker. Xena could see the expression on Lady Nightingales face turn from one of arrogance and confidence. To one of Fear and concern. Until finally she caved.

LADY NIGHTINGALE
Okay enough! I'll tell you everything I know. Now stop this and let her go!

XENA
There that wasn't so hard was it?

Xena released the hold, but still held on to the young woman for insurance.

XENA
Now tell me what you know.

LADY NIGHTINGALE
From what I've been told, we found the person that we need to trigger the beginning of our lord Deimos' reign.

XENA
Obviously I already know that, now tell me something I don't know.

Xena placed her fingers back on the young woman's neck, ready to put the hold on again. Lady Nightingale quickly continued.

LADY NIGHTINGALE
The ceremony to bring him here is set for two nights from tonight. When the moon is full and has a reddish hue. Or what we call the blood moon.

XENA
Where?

LADY NIGHTINGALE
(Smirking) It doesn't matter, you'll never be able to get there before he is summoned.

XENA
Then telling me shouldn't be a problem.

Lady Nightingale chuckled a little in agreement.

LADY NIGHTINGALE
Very well. The mountain range north of here. At the mountains tallest peak there's an ulter and that is where the sacrifice will be made. But it's impossible for someone to get there in only two days.
It takes about a day to get to the base of the mountain from here. And then at least another three days to scale up the mountain. So you see it's as I said before, it doesn't matter what you do. You can't stop us.

Xena was skeptical about the amount of truth to this Information.

XENA
If that's the case, then why didn't you tell me that in the first place?

LADY NIGHTINGALE
We are forbidden to disclose anything about ourselves. The consequences of doing so are severe, and in many cases deadly.

XENA
And yet you told me.

LADY NIGHTINGALE
Yes, for her sake.

Lady Nightingale motioned to the young woman that Xena still had in her possession as her hostage. Xena was perplexed by the fact that anyone who would want to bring about nothing but fear and panic, could care for someone else. And clearly very deeply so. But didn't she realize that it would affect everyone, including this young woman. Regardless of that fact, Xena didn't have the time to try and figure out her thought process on the matter. Xena relinquished the young woman from her grasp and left. She did feel terrible about having done that to a seemingly innocent person. Especially someone who reminded her so much of Gabrielle. Dispite that fact, she convinced herself that it had to be done. And not just to save Gabrielle. But she knew that the Followers Of Deimos needed to be stopped from fulfilling their plans of summoning Deimos. Xena left Lady Nightingale's residents and headed north towards the mountains where she was told the ceremony to sacrifice Gabrielle would be taking place. Though the odds didn't look good, and time was not on her side, Xena was determined to find a way to reach the mountains summit before it was too late.

XENA
(Thinking to herself) I don't know how, but I'll make it in time. I'll save you Gabrielle, I promise.

She knew needed to hurry, time was running out for both Gabrielle and the rest of the world.

×××

Xena rode Argo towards the mountains. Gallopping as fast as her trusted steed could carry her. Xena knew she was going to have to go faster than thought possible. In order to cut a 4 day trip into less than 2. Seemingly an impossible task, but Xena wasn't going to let that stop her. She was going to save Gabrielle and put a stop to the Followers Of Deimos plans. The sun had begun to set, when up ahead Xena saw the base of the mountain. She made it in less than a day. Xena quickly got down and patted Argo, thanking her for getting them there so fast. The easy part was getting there. But now the true test would begin. With no time to spare, Xena began her long, dangerous assent up the large, dangerous mountain. As she climbed up, Xena could feel the temperature plummet. She hadn't stopped to get warmer clothing. There was no time. Xena did the best she could to ignore the cold, as she pushed herself to continue climbing. Higher and higher, she climbed. The air, not only was becoming colder, but thinner as well. As if the fates themselves were against her, it also began to snow. This ment that Xena's surroundings were far less visible. Which made her climb all the more dangerous. One wrong step could lead to certain death. Never the less, she continued on.

XENA
(Thinking to herself) I'll save you Gabrielle, I won't let them sacrifice you to some evil god. I'm going to make these people pay for everything they've done. Just hold on a little while longer. I'm almost there.

Xena continued her assent throughout the night. And soon enough it was dawn. Though exhausted, Xena pushed herself to keep going. There was no time to rest. As she climbed, she heard someone yelling. Xena ignored it, figuring it was just her mind playing tricks on her. Surly no one else would be this far up such an out of the way, dangerous mountain. She carried on. Then again she heard it. This time the voice was louder. Meaning whoever it was, Xena was getting closer. She continued until she came to a large gap in the side of the mountain. She almost didn't see it due to the snow. Luckily Xena felt her foot begin to slip and got back before she fell. Then she heard the voice again. Xena carefully peered down into the gap. When she did, she saw a couple of people were down there. It appeared that hadn't noticed the gap and had fallen. She to assessed the situation. It seemed only one of them were conscious. The one still awake noticed Xena. They told her that they had gotten lost in the snow as they were coming over the mountain. As Xena suspected, they didn't see the large gap. And when they fell, the other traveler had gotten knocked unconscious. The travelers had been stuck there with no way out for over a day. In these weather conditions Xena knew that they weren't going to last much longer. She quickly looked around to see if there was any way she could quickly get them out. But there was nothing but stones and snow for as far as she could see. And the gap they had fallen into was deep. Xena was surprised that they had even survived such a fall.

XENA
(thinking to herself) Getting them out of there and back to safety is going to take time. Time that I don't have.

Xena was already running out of time to reach to the summit. Just getting there now seemed impossible. Let alone if she stopped to help these people. Xena knew she didn't have a choice. It was the lives of only two people now or the countless lives that will be affected if The Followers Deimos are successful in summoning Deimos. In the grand scheme of things it wasn't a difficult decision. Though it was infact a very difficult decision that Xena was forced to make. The way everything was playing out right now, she knew what she had to do. The Followers Of Deimos had to be stopped. At all costs.

XENA
I'm sorry, I can't help you.

With that Xena turned and continued making her way up the mountain.

TRAVELER
Wait! Wait. Please don't just leave us here, help! Help! Please help.

Their cries for help grew quieter as Xena put more distance between them. Her heart weighed heavy, knowing that she had just left those people to their certain death. But what choice did she have. This was going to have to become yet one more thing she would add to the already long list of the regrettable actions she's taken.

XENA
(thinking to herself) I wish I had time to save you. I'm sorry. Truly I am.

Xena carried on with her climb. After a long while, Xena finally saw the mountains peak, along with the sun that was rising. Reinvigorated by this sight she picked up her pace. Meanwhile Gabrielle was still in her cell. Some of the followers of Deimos approached her.

DEIMOS FOLLOWER
It's time to begin the preparations. For tonight you shall fulfill your destiny when you bring our great Deimos to us.

The Deimos follower unlocked her cell, walked in and grabbed Gabrielle by the arm.

GABRIELLE
No!

Gabrielle pulled away.

DEIMOS FOLLOWER
Now, now. There's no need to fight. After all it's pointless to resist. Soon fear and panic will all anyone will know. You are just the first lucky one who will experience this in all its glory.

GABRIELLE
But why do you people even want that?

DEIMOS FOLLOWER
Explaining it to you would be pointless.

Gabrielle quickly thought.

GABRIELLE
(Lying) Well maybe I'm considering joining the Followers Of Deimos.

The Deimos follower chuckled.

DEIMOS FOLLOWER
Well if that's true, you should be honored to be chosen as his sacrifice. Then you know everything you need to know already. Now come, it's time to prepare you for tonight.

Gabrielle slowly backed away as the follower of Deimos approached her. As he grabbed her, Gabrielle tried to fight him off. Hearing the commotion, more of the Followers Of Deimos came in the room. Out numbered, Gabrielle was unable to do anything. They carried her off to prepare for that night kicking and screaming. Dispite her not being there, Gabrielle instinctively called out.

GABRIELLE
XENA!!!

Xena was just finishing her climb, she finally made it to the mountains summit. She took a brief moment to catch her breath. The climb was exhausting. Then suddenly she heard Gabrielle's voice echoing from the large building in front of her. Then it hit her.

XENA
It must be almost time. No, Gabrielle!

With that Xena took off running into the building. She only had until night fall to save Gabrielle. What ever happened in the next number of hours would decide the fate of the world.

×××

Xena changed into the large building, practicly knocking the doors off their hinges as she barged in.

XENA
Gabrielle!!

Inside Xena was met with a number of the Followers Of Deimos. Immediately they attacked her. Drawing her sword, she fought them off. Cutting them down with no hesitation. Xena ran through the building, taking out anyone that tried to stand in her way. All the while calling out to Gabrielle, hoping she would hear and let Xena know where she was. At the same time, Gabrielle was being forcefully carried up to the area that had been prepared for her sacrifice.

DEIMOS FOLLOWER 1
Once we get there, we can make the final preparations.

DEIMOS FOLLOWER 2
Yes, soon it will be time for the great Deimos to come.

As they spoke, Gabrielle struggled to break free from them.

GABRIELLE
Let me go!

The one carrying her turned his attention to Gabrielle.

DEIMOS FOLLOWER 1
Why do you fight so? Do you not realize the great honor that has been given to you?

GABRIELLE
It you think it's such an honor, then why didn't you do it?

DEIMOS FOLLOWER 2
As much as I would love to have been chosen, my soul has been tainted by this life. But you on the other hand. Such a pure, good soul. Yet to be darkened.

Gabrielle quickly thought, trying anything to get out of this nightmarish situation.

GABRIELLE
(Lying) What makes you think I have such a pure soul. You have no idea what I've done. I-I'm a ruthless murderer. I've killed so many people, that I've lost count. And if you don't watch yourself, you'll be next.

The Deimos Followers clearly weren't buying Gabrielle's story. But for a laugh one of them decided to endulge her.

DEIMOS FOLLOWER 1
Uh huh, and why exactly did you do that?

Gabrielle wasn't expecting a follow up question. So she just said the first thing that came to mind.

GABRIELLE
For fun?

Both of the followers of Deimos laughed at the ridiculousness of that thought.

GABRIELLE
(Lying) I'm serious, I'm could kill anyone, any time. You'll never know when I might snap.

DEIMOS FOLLOWER 2
(Mocking tone) Sure, okay.

Unfazed by Gabrielle's lie, they just kept walking. Undeterred Gabrielle continued trying to get free. But it was no use. Finally she gave up and went limp. She just hung over the follower of Deimos shoulder. A depression began to set in, as Gabrielle thought about what awaited her.

GABRIELLE
(thinking to herself) I'm gonna die here.

She fell silent as she dwelled on that thought.

GABRIELLE
(thinking to herself) I guess Xena couldn't find out where we are.

Gabrielle hung her head and watched the floor as they carried her to a large door. They opened it, Gabrielle looked up, over the followers shoulder. Seeing that they were outside, far above the ground. Up ahead was a large ulter with two large pillars. One on each side, with chains on the top and bottom of each. Apparently that was where she was about to be sacrificed. Dejected, Gabrielle turned back and just stared at the ground.

GABRIELLE
(Thinking to herself) Well this is it. They're gonna sacrifice me, and
then the world is going to be plunged into nothing but fear. And there's nothing I can do. I just wish I could've seen Xena one more time.

As Gabrielle was reluctantly accepting her fate, she suddenly heard something. She raised her head.

GABRIELLE
What?

Then she heard it again. Gabrielle's eyes lit up as she looked inside the building she was being carried from. For her there was no mistaking that voice. She knew that it could only be one person.

GABRIELLE
(thinking to herself) She's here. She made it.

Gabrielle then took a deep breath and yelled as loud as she possibly could.

GABRIELLE
XENA!!!!!

Her yell carried all throughout the area. Filling the air. Echoing through the rooms and halls of the huge building. Until finally reaching Xena as she fought her way through the followers of Deimos. As soon as she heard Gabrielle's voice, Xena knew that she must be close. Quickly she finished off the followers she was fighting and made a mad dash in the direction Gabrielle's yell came from. She didn't waste any time fighting anyone she encountered. Knowing that time was of the essence, Xena used her super human athletics to get passed anyone who tried to stop her from reaching Gabrielle. As she ran through the corridors, Xena happened to glance out a window that she passed by. She noticed the sun was going down. Apparently she had been running around longer than she had realized.

XENA
(Thinking to herself) How big is this place? They're gonna be starting the ceremony soon. I have to get to Gabrielle. There's no time to waste.

As Xena forged towards where Gabrielle's voice had come from, Gabrielle was being forcefully dragged to the ulter. It was a tall stone arch. Two chains hung down from the top. With a chain on each side at the bottom. Gabrielle fought to get away as the followers of Deimos dragged her over to the ulter. As she struggled, she managed to slip one hand free. As soon as she did, Gabrielle quickly elbowed one of them in the side. He doubled over in pain. Then she stomped on the other ones foot. Causing them both to let her go. As soon as they did, Gabrielle took off running towards the doors. But just as she reached out for the handle, more of the Followers grabbed her. They picked her up and carried her back towards the ulter.

GABRIELLE
NO!

As much as she tried, Gabrielle couldn't get free. They got her to the ulter. They held her there as more of the Followers Of Deimos chained her hands and feet. She tried to get free, but again had no luck. Gabrielle stood there unable to move. She looked up at the sky. The sun was getting lower. The night was almost upon them. She knew she didn't have much more time. Gabrielle cried out again for her only hope of getting out of this alive.

GABRIELLE
XENA!!!

×××

Xena ran through the halls, up countless stairs, avoiding any Followers Of Deimos she encountered. She had no time to fight them. She went as fast as she could, she needed to reach Gabrielle before it was too late. Outside Gabrielle was chained up to the ulter. She watched the sun as it disappeared over the horizon. The sky above had grown dark.

DEIMOS FOLLOWER
Not long now.

The Followers Of Deimos began to gather around the ulter. While a few made their final preparations for Gabrielle's sacrifice. Gabrielle looked at them.

GABRIELLE
Please, don't do this.

She begged, hoping at least one of them would reconsider what they were about to do. But they just ignored her as they seemed to be preoccupied with the anticipation for Deimos' arrival. Soon more joined them. They all knelt and stared at Gabrielle. As time ticked by more and more joined the group. Gabrielle could do nothing but watch as the whole area became filled with the Followers Of Deimos. All of them kneeling at her feet as they waited for the ceremony to begin. Then a few of them walked up and stood around the ulter. One of them raised their hand. As soon as they did, everyone else went silent. Gabrielle noticed his robes were different from the rest. She realized he was the one in charge here.

HEAD DEIMOS FOLLOWER
My brother's and sisters the time is nearly upon us. Soon our lord Deimos will come and begin his glorious rule. Come, let us ready ourselves. For the world shall soon know what we have known all along. That the only thing that gives life true meaning is fear.

As Gabrielle struggled, she overheard what was being said. She couldn't help but speak up.

GABRIELLE
That's not true. There are plenty of things that give life meaning.

The head Deimos follower looked at her for a moment, almost insulted that she would dare interpret him. Then he continued on. Gabrielle again spoke up.

GABRIELLE
How many of you have really stopped to think about what a world with nothing but fear and panic would be like? Ask yourselves why do I want this.

The head Follower of Deimos was not pleased with Gabrielle's interruptions. He turned his attention to her.

HEAD DEIMOS FOLLOWER
I have no time for your nonsense. So I suggest you shut your mouth, before I shut it for you.

He went back to his speech.

GABRIELLE
(Thinking to herself) No time? I'm the one running out of time here.

She thought for a moment, as she looked up at the sky. The moon had already begun to appear. Then it hit her.

GABRIELLE
(Thinking to herself) That's it they must only be able to summon Deimos during a certain time period. So it has to be tonight? In that case all I have to do is stall long enough and...

Her thought was cut short when the follower of Deimos leader walked up to her. He grabbed her face and looked at her.

HEAD DEIMOS FOLLOWER
I don't like being interrupted. You're lucky we need you. Otherwise I would make your last moments of existence the most painful experience you've ever known.

He roughly released her and turned to address his people.

HEAD DEIMOS FOLLOWER
It's time to begin.

The crowd cheared. Then the leader nodded at a couple of them that were standing on the side, near where Gabrielle was chained up. They walked up to him, carrying something wrapped in a cloth. They layed it at Gabrielle's feet on the ulter. Then they joined the rest of the crowd.

HEAD DEIMOS FOLLOWER
Begin the incantation.

With that order the rest of the followers of Deimos began chanting. Gabrielle quickly spoke again, trying to stall for time.

GABRIELLE
Hey! You really think this is a good idea? I mean come on.

The head Deimos follower became madder with each word she spoke. Finally turned to her. As he did, he grabbed the item that had been placed at Gabrielle's feet. He unwrapped it, revealing a large dagger. He held it to her face.

HEAD DEIMOS FOLLOWER
I will not tolerate your interruptions any longer. I've waited far too long for this day. And I will not allow you or anyone else to stop this. Now you will be silent.

The follower of Deimos leader took the cloth and gagged Gabrielle. Insuring she could no longer interrupt. He then continued on with the ceremony. As he did Gabrielle noticed that the moon had begun to turn red. She knew that must be what they were waiting for.

GABRIELLE
(thinking to herself) No, no.

As one last effort to stop this, she tried to fight free from her restraints. But again was unsuccessful. The followers of Deimos continued to chant. Gabrielle looked back up, it seemed like the chant made the moon grow redder quicker. Soon the full moon had an ominous red glow. Which made the whole sky take on a similar color. The head Deimos follower walked up Gabrielle with the dagger in his hand.

HEAD DEIMOS FOLLOWER
The time is at hand. It is finally time to summon the great Deimos. And usher in a new world.

He raised the dagger, ready to plunge it into Gabrielle's heart.

HEAD DEIMOS FOLLOWER
Let us celebrate this day, now and forever. For this is the moment that fear and panic took hold over this pathetic world and transformed it into land with no more war, violence and hatred. For fear is what will truly unite us all. Deimos, with this dagger I give you the soul needed to bring you to us. Let your infinite reign begin!

Gabrielle looked away as he began driving the dagger down towards her. When suddenly the doors from the building flung open. Every one stopped what they were doing as they turned their attention to the doorway. Gabrielle looked as well. Her heart lept with joy at the sight. Gabrielle spit out the cloth.

GABRIELLE
Xena!

Xena quickly looked around, seeing all of the followers of Deimos that were there. Then she spotted Gabrielle chained to the ulter.

XENA
Gabrielle.

The Deimos Followers leader regained his composer.

HEAD DEIMOS FOLLOWER
She's here to stop us, get her. Don't let anything stand in our way. We must summon Deimos. What ever it takes.

XENA
What ever it takes huh. Funny I've been having a similar train of thoughts recently.

HEAD DEIMOS FOLLOWER
Well then I guess we'll see who's willing to go further in order to get what they want.

Xena stared him down with an ice cold stare.

XENA
Yes, we'll see.

×××

Xena stood surrounded by the crowd of Deimos Followers. Across the way their leader was standing beside Gabrielle, who was chained up to the ulter. The moon that hung over head was growing redder.

HEAD DEIMOS FOLLOWER
I refuse to let anyone to interfere with our plans.

XENA
I'd like to see you stop me.

He pointed at Xena.

HEAD DEIMOS FOLLOWER
I Don't care how you do it, but do not allow that woman anywhere near this ulter.

As soon as he made that order a large number of the Followers Of Deimos charged at Xena. Xena let out her battle cry as she lept into the crowd began cutting them down. As she cleaved her way through the crowd, the head Deimos follower focused his attention back on Gabrielle.

HEAD DEIMOS FOLLOWER
Now back to the task at hand.

He once again raised the dagger.

HEAD DEIMOS FOLLOWER
Deimos, with this soul I give you passage to this world. Now come and show everyone the true meaning of fear!

As he drove the dagger down, Xena quickly took her chakrum and hurled it at him. It cut his arm, causing him to drop the dagger.

XENA
I won't let you do it!

Xena pushed away the group she was fighting and caught the chakrum as it came back to her. She ran towards the ulter, taking down anyone who attempted to stop her. As she did, the head Deimos follower ran and grabbed the dagger.

HEAD DEIMOS FOLLOWER
I will not be deterred. I WILL summon Deimos.

He dashed back towards Gabrielle. He ran with the dagger aimed at her heart. Gabrielle's eyes went wide with fear, as she saw the blade coming at her.

GABRIELLE
XENA!

Xena, who was busy fighting off some of the followers, looked towards Gabrielle. Seeing the imminent danger Gabrielle was in, Xena disengaged her current opponent. With all the power and speed she could muster, Xena jumped towards the ulter. She landed just as the head Deimos follower thrust the dagger forward. The dagger plunged deep into flesh.

GABRIELLE
Xena..

Xena glared at the Follower of Deimos leader. She grabbed hold of his arm.

HEAD DEIMOS FOLLOWER
What?...

He looked down seeing his dagger buried in Xena's stomach.

XENA
I promised I'd stop you people and save Gabrielle no matter what.
And I ment it.

Xena swiftly drove her sword into the follower of Deimos leader.

HEAD DEIMOS FOLLOWER
GAH!

Xena pulled her sword back and watched as the head Deimos follower fell to the ground, dead. Xena looked up at the sky. The moon was beginning to lose its redness. She did it. She stopped the followers of Deimos from sending the world into madness and saved Gabrielle. Xena breathe a sigh of relief as she clenched her stomach. A small smile came across her face.

XENA
(thinking to herself) It's over. Gabrielle's okay. I made it In time.

Xena looked at the rest of the Followers Of Deimos as they just stood there. As she looked closer, she could see that they had turned to stone. Though confused by this, Xena turned her attention to Gabrielle. She undid Gabrielle's restraints. Once freed, Gabrielle immediately hopped up, trying to help Xena.

GABRIELLE
Xena, we have to get you help.

She helped Xena sit. Xena winsed in pain. She could see the look of concern on Gabrielle's face.

XENA
Don't worry, I'll be alright once I stop the bleeding.

GABRIELLE
What can I do?

Xena asked her to find something that she could use to close her wound or slow down the bleeding. Gabrielle didn't want to leave her side.

XENA
It's okay Gabrielle. I'll be fine.

Reassured, Gabrielle left to find anything that could help xena. Not long after, she came back. She handed Xena some thread and a needle. Gabrielle watched as Xena closed up her wound.

GABRIELLE
Are you really gonna be okay?

XENA
I should be. I'm used to this sort of thing remember.

GABRIELLE
I know, but you still could've died Xena.

Xena saw the fear Gabrielle's eyes.

XENA
Don't worry it'll take more than this to take me out. Now let's get out of here.

Xena finished stitching her wound. She wiped the blood off her hands and slowly stood up. Gabrielle helped her to her feet. Xena looked back at the ulter.

GABRIELLE
What it it?

XENA
I'm making sure this can't ever happen again. This place needs to be destroyed.

GABRIELLE
How?

XENA
I have some ideas.

Xena and Gabrielle went back inside. Xena had Gabrielle go find the items that she needed for what she had in mind. Once she had everything, Xena got to work. It took a bit to get things all set, but soon enough she was done.

XENA
Okay let's go.

Xena began walking towards the exit. Gabrielle followed.

GABRIELLE
But what did you do.

XENA
No time to explain, let's go.

They quickly got out of the large building. Gabrielle got herself and Xena a good distance away. Gabrielle gave Xena a curious look.

GABRIELLE
I don't get it Xena, what did...

Before Gabrielle could finish, the building exploded in a huge firey burst.

GABRIELLE
Never mind.

Xena and Gabrielle made the long trip back down the mountain. A number of nights later, as they layed under the stars. Gabrielle couldn't help but think about everything Xena did to save her. Xena told her some of what happened. She decided it would be better if she left out some of her more cold-hearted actions. Gabrielle turned to Xena.

GABRIELLE
Xena.

XENA
Yeah?

GABRIELLE
I just wanted to thank you for saving me.

Xena smiled at her.

XENA
You never have to thank me for that Gabrielle. Besides if I didn't the whole world would've been in trouble.

Xena chuckled a little. Then she got a serious look on her face as she sat up. Seeing this, Gabrielle sat up too.

GABRIELLE
Is something wrong?

Xena looked at Gabrielle.

XENA
From the day we met you've been nothing but a source of light in my life. And then you were taken. When I thought I was going to lose you, I just..

Gabrielle moved closer to Xena. She took Xena's hand and smiled.

GABRIELLE
But I'm still here. Because of you. And you've made my life better too you know. I'm so glad that I'm here with you Xena. There's no where else I'd wanna be.

Xena gave her a gentle smile as she hugged her.

XENA
You have no idea how happy I am to hear that.

She lovingly kissed the top of Gabrielle's head as they sat that way for a bit. Xena just holding Gabrielle close. Then Gabrielle looked up at Xena. Figuring Gabrielle was going to say something, Xena looked down at her. But she wasn't expecting what happened next.

GABRIELLE
I love you Xena.

Gabrielle lightly kissed Xena. Surprised, it took Xena a moment to respond. Leaving Gabrielle thinking that she shouldn't have done that. She pulled away.

GABRIELLE
(Embarrassed) I'm sorry, I don't know what I was thinking. I...

Before Gabrielle could continue Xena pulled her back in and kissed her passionately. With that kiss Xena said everything that she had been wanting to tell Gabrielle for quite some time. After Xena took her lips away she softly brushed Gabrielle's face.

XENA
I love you so much Gabrielle. Knowing that you feel the same for me fills me with so much joy. I don't know what I could ever do to deserve your love, but...

This time Gabrielle stopped Xena.

GABRIELLE
You already deserve all my love and more. You don't have to earn or prove anything. I love you as you are.

She kissed Xena again. Xena wrapped her arms around Gabrielle, holding her. As Gabrielle looked at Xena, she wanted her. Almost as if reading her thoughts,

XENA
Gabrielle, If you'll have me I..

GABRIELLE
Yes.

With that neither one of them said another word. Nothing needed to be said. They slowly undressed one another. Once they sat before each other with all of themselves revealed, they gave each other loving smiles. Xena kissed Gabrielle as she layed her down. Xena positioned herself against her. She leaned in kissing Gabrielle again as she began moving. Gabrielle wrapped her arms around Xena, holding her tighter against her. Xena continued moving. Both of them beginning to feel their pleasure building. Before long Gabrielle could feel himself getting closer to her climax. She moaned as she tightened her grip around Xena. As Xena kept going she also began feelng herself about ready to hit her own peak. As Gabrielle got ever closer she pleaded with Xena keep going. Xena, who was also right on the edge had no intention on stopping. Instead she began moving more franticly against Gabrielle. Moments later Gabrielle felt the rush of her climax hit her. She held on to Xena as wave after wave of extacy crashed over her. Xena continued on feeling herself also about to hit her apex. She kissed Gabrielle as she moved once more, sending her over the edge. Xena felt herself get swallowed up by the sea of pleasure that the two of them were swimming in. After a little bit Xena sat up. She pulled Gabrielle up too. Gabrielle leaned with her back against Xena as Xena wrapped herself around her. They just stayed that way for a while. Just happy to finally have one another mind, body, heart and soul.

THE END ❤


Email- tgirl159tgirl159@gmail.com 

Back to the Academy