Raging Horses

Part Four

T. Stratton

*********************************************

Jay woke up when she heard people arguing outside of her room. Knowing that one of the voices belonged to Marge the other one sounded familiar, but she couldn’t place it.

"Wonder who Marge is arguing with?" Jay asked herself as she tried to sit up. Her left arm was strapped to her body to keep it immobile so she wouldn’t tear out any of the stitches placed inside her body.

"Damn it, that hurts." Jay grunted as she tossed the blankets aside and hung her legs over the side of the bed. She slowly lowered herself to the cold floor. "Brr, need to ask Marge to bring me some socks."

Jay used the bed to help steady her aching body. Carefully she let go and shuffled her feet until she made it to the door. "I feel like an old woman."

Jay pushed open the door and took a deep breath and released it slowly. "Is there something you needed Mr. Blacksmith?" She asked as she walked out into the hallway.

"I just wanted to make sure that you were okay." Mr. Blacksmith said as he stepped away from Marge and over to Jay.

"Since when do you care if I’m okay." Jay asked sarcastically "I would think that you would be at the courthouse bailing out your son."

"What my son did was wrong." Mr. Blacksmith frowned and shook his head.

"Shit, the only thing you think he did wrong was get caught." Jay stated with a grin. "We both know you encouraged him and his friends to push people into doing things they didn’t want to do. You are just mad that I didn’t bend like everyone else."

Richard Sr.’s face turned bright red with anger. He stepped even closer to Jay, "you listen here, you brat."

"No, you listen." A deep voice said from behind him. "You step any closer to her and I’ll personally throw you out."

Jay glanced over the man’s shoulder and smiled, "hi."

"And who do you think you are?" Mr. Blacksmith turned around and found blazing blue eyes glaring at him.

"I’m the woman who’s going to stop you from ever hurting anyone else in the county. You and your son went over the line. First your son and his friends nearly kill her by starting a fire and then again when he shoots her. I have friends in high places and your end is near." Jordan stated as she walked up and put an arm around Jay’s shoulder.

"This is none of you concern." Mr. Blacksmith replied coldly.

"I made it my concern the day I nearly lost her. I’m not going to sit by and watch you and your family hurt her any more. You might as well leave now while you still can." Jordan grinned and started to guide Jay back to her room.

"If you think this is over with it’s not. Not by a long shot." Mr. Blacksmith yelled.

Jordan turned around with Jay still in her arms. "Don’t even think of doing anything. Because if you do it will be the last thing you ever do."

"Is that a threat?" Mr. Blacksmith asked a little frightened.

"No, that’s a promise." Jordan said matter of fact and turned back around.

"You don’t scare me. I will get what is mine, just you wait and see." Mr. Blacksmith looked at Marge. "Just wait and see."

"We heard you the first time." Marge replied and followed Jay and Jordan.

"My time will come. I’ll just have to do it myself." Mr. Blacksmith thought before he walked down the hallway.

*********************************************

"You stay in this bed," Jordan scolded Jay as she helped her swing her legs up on the bed. "I brought you some socks for your feet." She reached inside her pocket and pulled out the white and gray socks.

"Thank you," Jay replied as she laid her head down on her pillow.

"What were you doing out of bed anyway?" Jordan asked as she put one sock on and then reached for the other foot. "You could have pulled out your stitches or something worse."

"Sorry, I heard Marge arguing with someone and wanted to know what was going on." Jay mumbled. She was enjoying the feeling of Jordan’s hands caressing her feet through the socks.

"I was trying to protect you from having to deal with him. That’s what you heard us arguing about." Marge walked over to the side of the bed. "He thought he could walk in, like he owned the place."

"Thanks, Marge, but I would rather deal with him than put you through that kind of crap." Jay replied with a smile.

"Don’t you worry about me. I can take care of a snake like him." Marge patted Jay’s stomach. "I’m going to head on home. You make sure that you stay in bed and get some rest."

"Don’t worry about that I’ll make sure she doesn’t move." Jordan replied as she stood.

"I know you will," Marge walked towards the door. "I’ll see you later and I’ll bring dinner with me."

"That’s great, no hospital food." Jay replied happily.

After Marge left the two women sat in silence. Not really sure where to start the conversation they both knew needed to happen.

Jay took a deep breath. "How are you?"

Jordan nodded her head. "I’m doing okay, considering."

"Good," Jay answered softly.

After another minute of silence Jay couldn’t take it any longer. "Why?" She asked as she brought misty green eyes up to sorrowful blue.

Jordan saw the hurt when her eyes connected with Jays. She lowered her head. "I saw you in town. At the jewelry store. I saw that other woman kissing and hugging you."

"That was Betsy. She’s been a friend of mine for years." Jay said as she leaned over and grasped Jordan’s now still hand.

"I know that now. Marge told me." Jordan informed Jay. "When I saw you and her hugging I lost it."

"Why?" Jay ran her thumb across the top of Jordan’s hand.

"My last girlfriend her name was Elizabeth. I loved her and I thought she loved me. We were together for over a year. I thought I had found the person I would spend the rest of my life with." Jordan took a deep breath. "I came home early. I wanted to surprise her with dinner and a night of dancing, but when I got home she was in bed with another woman." Jordan tried to stand up.

Jay tightened her grip on the hand she held. "I can’t believe someone would do that to someone they loved."

Jordan started to laugh, "she didn’t love me. In fact the person she was in bed with was her girlfriend. They had schemed a plan to get me to fall in love with Elizabeth and support her. Then she would get me to some how get her in one of my movies and after she made it big she dump me."

"Oh my god," Jay muttered shocked at how someone could be so cold.

"So when I saw you and Betsy yesterday. I immediately thought that you were using me too." Jordan confessed as tears started to fall down her cheeks.

"Oh, baby, I wish you would have just stormed in and confronted me." Jay said as she wiped the tears away with her hand.

"I wish, I had too. Then you wouldn’t be here." Jordan whispered as she brought Jay’s hand to her lips to kiss the bruised knuckles.

"You listen." Jay scooted closer to Jordan. "Me being here is all my fault not yours. I shouldn’t have gotten on that damn bike. I shouldn’t have gone to Skunk’s and drank. More people could have been hurt besides me and dip-shit Ritchie if I had gotten on that bike a drove off."

"But you did, because I wasn’t strong enough to stand up for myself." Jordan broke away from Jay and stood up.

"I do think you are learning." Jay laughed. Then explained when she saw dark eyebrows rise. "The way you stood up to Mr. Blacksmith."

"He was trying to bully you. I wasn’t going to stand there and let him." Jordan walked up to Jay and cupped her face. "I love you and that family has hurt you enough."

Jay relished in the feeling of Jay’s hands caressing her face. "How about you do all the standing up for me I do all the standing up for you."

"Some how I think I’m getting the better part of that deal." Jordan bent over and kissed Jay softly. "I will never doubt your love for me again. I won’t let the past inter fear with our future."

"If you do ever have doubts, I want you to come to me and tell me. That way I can prove to you that they are misplaced." Jay said as she kissed down Jordan’s neck to the collar of the shirt she was trying to unbutton with one hand.

"I promise," Jordan moaned as she rolled her head back.

"Mmm, good girl," Jay growled has she got one and then another button loose.

The two were so lost in the feeling of each other they didn’t hear the door open. "I really don’t think that’s a good idea." Dr. Sheridan stated with a grin.

"Well crap, you have such good timing." Jay groaned.

"Thanks, that what my girlfriend thinks too." Dr. Sheridan walked to the front of the bed. "Would you mind if I checked my lovely handiwork work?" She asked as she crossed her arms in front of her chest and smiled.

"Sure why not." Jay sat back against her pillow as Jordan quickly button her shirt back up.

Dr. Sheridan carefully pulled off the bandages that held Jay’s arm to her chest. Then she pulled the hospital gown down to bare a white bandage with a little bit of blood soaked through.

"Is that normal?" Jordan asked as she pointed to the red spot.

"Yes, its just a little seepage from surgery." Dr. Sheridan explained as she lifted the bandage and looked over the dark stitches that ran across Jay’s shoulder. "Are your fingers tingling or numbing at all?"

"The tips feel kinda numb, but that’s all." Jay replied as she carefully moved her fingers.

"Hopefully that will stop when you start physical therapy." Dr. Sheridan offered as she re-bandaged the wound.

"How long?" Jay asked softly.

"I don’t like to give a time line, because if I say a week and it passes and you’re still not one hundred percent it will slow down your recovery." Dr. Sheridan stood and threw away the old bandages.

"When will her therapy start?" Jordan asked as she walked up to help Jay with her gown.

"He should be here any second now. That’s why I didn’t secure her arm to her body." Dr. Sheridan walked over to the bed again after she washed her hands in the sink. "I will be discharging you tomorrow morning, but you will have to come back everyday for your sessions."

"Great," Jay said with a big smile as she grabbed Jordan’s hand.

"Okay, then I’ll leave you two to get back to your conversation." The doctor turned and headed towards the door. She stopped with her hand on the handle. "Just make sure you don’t strain you shoulder." Dr. Sheridan kidded.

"I’ll make sure she’s very careful." Jordan winked at the doctor.

"I bet you will," Dr. Sheridan laughed. "I’ll see you later on my afternoon rounds."

"Bye," Jay and Jordan said at the same time.

*********************************************

"Well, things certainly look better." Tom smiled as he slapped Jay on the back.

Jay grinned back, "I owe it all to you. Two weeks of hell and my shoulder is almost like new."

"All I did was show you what had to be done. You did all the work." Tom replied as he went to pick up the weights he had Jay using a few minutes ago. "I think you should be able to go with Jordan to California, but I still want you to be careful. When you get back I want you to make one more appointment just to make sure that things are still healing nicely."

"Thanks man, I was wondering if you’d give me the okay. Jordan was going to put off going for as long as she could until you said it was okay." Jay jumped down off the table and grabbed her flannel gray shirt.

"You have got yourself one hell of a woman and boy can she act. My wife and I bought one of her movies last night and watched it." Tom informed Jay.

"Believe it or not I’ve never seen one of her movies." Jay confessed with a shrug.

"Really, wow you sure are missing out let me tell you." The physical therapist stated. "

Jay thought for a few seconds as she buttoned up her shirt. "No, everybody else is missing out on what I get to see everyday of my life. Not that I’m willing to share or anything."

"Good, because I don’t want to share it with anyone else either." Jordan agreed as she walked in and gave Jay a kiss. "Ready?"

"Yes, and he gave me the okay to go with you." Jay finished tucking in her shirt into her pants.

Jordan stepped over to Tom and hugged him. "Thanks, I wasn’t real happy about leaving her here."

"I understand," Tom blushed.

"Let’s go." Jay said as she headed towards the door. "Bye, Tom, I’ll see you in a couple of weeks."

"Later, you two make sure you stay out of trouble." Tom waved. "Wait until I tell my wife Jordan Martin hugged me."

*********************************************

 

"My plan is going great. Nothing like having friends in the government to bend a few rules and regulations for you." Mr. Blacksmith grinned as he poured himself a drink.

"Once I get that endangered land act reversed I will be able to buy the land out from under Jay’s nose." He walked over to a window. "She won’t know what hit her and if I ever meet that friend of hers I’ll make sure she knows who is the top dog around here."

The phone rang and he walked over to answer it.

"Blacksmith," he stood there listening and soon a big grin crossed his face. "Fantastic, thank you Governor, you make sure you come and visit soon. We’ll have to talk about me supporting you on your next campaign run." He hung up and walked over to get another drink.

"Soon everything will be in place." Mr. Blacksmith cheered as he saluted himself with his drink as he saw his reflection in the mirror by the bar. "Life is good."

*********************************************

"Life is good," Jay moaned as her body relaxed after her orgasm.

Jordan placed kisses along Jay’s collarbone, "Yes, it is."

They lay there is silence just enjoying the connection they had together.

"Could I get you to do me a favor?" Jay whispered.

Jordan looked up from the shoulder she was resting on. "I’ll do any thing for you."

Jay smiled, "would you run down stairs and get me a diet Dr. Pepper, please."

"Okay, let me run to the bathroom quick." Jordan replied before she gave Jay a kiss and jumped up off the bed and walked to the bathroom.

As soon as the door was closed Jay scooted over to the bedside table and opened the drawer. She reached inside and pulled out a little black box. Jay flipped the lid open and gazed at her mothers’ wedding rings. "I hope you’re proud of who I chose to give these to." Jay thought.

"Honey, is my robe out there?" Jordan asked from behind the closed door.

Jay looked around, "yes, it’s on the floor by the chair." She quickly closed the lid and shoved the ring box under her pillow.

"Thanks, do you want anything else while I’m down there?" Jordan asked as she opened the door and walked over to pick up her robe.

"How about a sandwich or something." Jay suggested, as she needed a few minutes to get the room ready.

"That sound good. I am a little bit hungry." Jordan stepped out of the room, but not before she turned around and blew Jay a kiss. "Love you."

"Love you too." Jay jumped out of bed as soon as the door was closed. She ran to the closet and grabbed the box she had put in there earlier in the day.

Jay sat the box down on the chair and opened it up and grabbed several small candles. She placed them all over the room lighting them as she went. Then she bent over and reached under the bed for the two dozen long stem red roses she hid there.

"Perfect," Jay said as she sniffed the wonderful scent.

Jay set the flowers on the bed and hurried into the bathroom. She opened the cabinet under the sink and grabbed the vase she placed there. She filled it up with some water and ran back into the room and rearranged the roses so they were the first things Jordan noticed.

Jay quickly dressed in a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. Then she reached under her pillow and set the box on the table before she straightened the messy bed.

Jay looked around to make sure that everything was in place. "Looks good."

A kick to the door let Jay know that Jordan needed some help. "Hold on." She yelled as she grabbed the box off the table and ran to open the door.

"Here, let me take that." Jay offered as she blocked Jordan’s view until she could get the tray.

"Thanks," Jordan said as she handed Jay the full tray. ‘I made ham sandw…iches" She mumbled as she caught sight of the room.

"Please, come in." Jay whispered into Jordan’s ear before she kissed her check.

Jordan stepped up to the flowers and ran her fingers over the soft red petals. "These are beautiful."

"They don’t even compare to the beauty that stands before me." Jay stated with all honesty. "Please, have a seat on the bed."

"What are you up too?" Jordan asked as she turned to Jay.

Jay raised her eyebrows, "nothing." She gently took Jordan’s hand and guided her to sit down.

Jay stared into sea blue eyes. Her heart filled with all the love that she saw shining back at her.

She knelt down so that she was on one knee. "The day I meet you my soul cried for joy. It had finally found it’s other half."

"Ohh, Jay," Jordan cried as she brought her hand up to cover her mouth.

Tears started to run down Jay face as well. "You have no idea how lonely I was before you came into my life. Sure I had Marge and Jimmy, but nothing could fill the hole I felt right here." She rested her hand on her heart. "You filled it with the love you show me, every day since we met."

Jay opened the small black box she hid behind her back. "Jordan Martin, would you do me the greatest honor of becoming my wife?" She brought her hand up so that Jordan could see the ring.

Jordan sat there with tears running down her face. She reached across and caressed Jay’s face. "I would be the one honored to wear your ring and be called your wife."

Jay pulled the ring out of the box and places it on Jordan’s ring finger. "This belonged to my Mom."

"It’s exquisite. I’ll cherish it like I do you." Jordan knelt down next to Jay and kissed her. "You have made me the happiest person in the world."

Jay hugged Jordan and began to cry. "Thank you."

"Why are you thanking me?" Jordan asked as she rubbed Jay’s back.

"For loving me," Jay confessed softly. "I honestly never thought I’d find anyone to love me like the way you love me."

Jordan began to kiss her way along Jay’s neck up to her pink lips. She cupped Jay’s face and wiped away the tears that fell with her thumbs. "You never have to thank me for something that comes as natural as breathing."

Jordan stood up and pulled Jay with her. She lifted Jay’s shirt up and over her head then hooked her fingers in the waist of the shorts.

"I stand before the woman I love and pledge my heart and soul to her and to her alone." Jordan kissed Jay with passion. Slowly she caressed her hands up Jay’s sides until the she reached the curves of Jay’s breast. "To her alone I will love and cherish until the day I die."

Jay pulled Jordan’s robe apart and delicately pushed it off Jordan’s shoulders. "I promise to the woman who stands before me that my heart and soul are hers and hers alone. That I will forever love her and take care of her until the day I die." Jay ran her hands down Jordan’s arms. When she reached her left hand Jay brought it up and placed a kiss on the ring. "Forever and always."

Jay bent over and placed a kiss in between Jordan’s breast. "I love the way you smell." She brought her hand up and cupped the supple breast and ran her thumbs across the nipples that all ready stood out.

"Let’s get on the bed," Jordan moaned as she grabbed Jay's shoulders to steady herself.

Jay guided Jordan to sit. She kissed her and gently lowered her to lie on the bed. "My dreams have come true."

Jay trailed wet kisses down to her target. Slowly she slid her tongue into Jordan’s center tasting the sweet juices that coated the thighs that surrounded her head.

"Oh, Jay," Jordan squirmed. "I need you inside me."

"As you wish," Jay circled Jordan’s opening with two fingers before she tenderly entered her. "I love the way your body feels."

"God, yes just like that." Jordan moaned as she rocked her body to meet Jay’s thrusts.

With her other hand Jay reached up and pinched a nipple that stood out. She watched as the body below her twitched and moaned with pleasure.

Jay’s own body hummed with excitement as she watched Jordan.

"I want us to come together," Jay moved her way up Jordan’s body with her fingers still inside. She straddled Jordan’s leg rubbing her swollen clit against well-formed muscles.

"You’re so wet." Jordan said as she grabbed Jay’s backside intensifying the movement on her leg.

Jay leaned up so she was face to face with Jordan. She could feel the walls tighten around her fingers. "So close," Jay whispered as she quickened her hand. She watched as the eyes below her drifted off into the world of profound pleasure. That sent her crashing over.

"God, I love you," Jordan said as she hugged the smaller woman on top of her.

"Love you too," Jay replied back from the crook in Jordan’s neck.

"We really need to get to sleep." Jordan reached for the blanket to cover their naked bodies up.

"Yep," Jay sleepily agreed. When she tried to move off of Jordan she was stopped.

"Please don’t move," Jordan begged. "I like having you this close."

"I will always be close to you," Jay kissed Jordan. "But if you want to be my body pillow then who am I to stop you." She laid her head back on Jordan’s chest and closed her eyes.

"Good night, love," Jordan smiled and kissed the soft blonde hair.

"Love you," Jay responded and quickly fell asleep.

*********************************************

 

"When are you two heading off to the airport?" Marge asked when she noticed the two women walk in the kitchen.

"We should leave in a couple of hours." Jordan replied as she sat at the table smiling up at Jay who had poured her a cup of coffee.

"Are you sure that you and Jimmy will be okay?" Jay walked over to stand next to Marge so she could steal a piece of sausage.

"We’ll be fine." Marge slapped the hand that crossed in front of her.

"I know you will be, it’s just that I’ve never been this far away before and," Jay stopped talking to look up into eyes she’s known all her life.

"And nothing. You just go and have a good time." Marge leaned closer to whisper to Jay. "Besides you need to make sure that the wolves stay away from your girl."

Jay looked over at Jordan who hadn’t heard Marge because she was reading the paper. "I don’t have to worry about the wolves Marge. Not with Jordan wearing the ring I gave her."

Marge stopped all movement, "you asked her?"

Jay nodded her head, "she said yes."

"Hot damn," Marge, yelled surprising Jay and making Jordan spill coffee all over the paper.

Jordan grabbed a towel and began to clean the coffee up, "what the hell?"

Marge practically ran to get a look at Jordan’s finger. "Oh my, doesn’t that look magnificent."

Jordan now understood the reason for the outburst. "Yes, it’s a perfect fit."

"Yes, it is," Marge said as tears ran down her face. "I’m so happy for you two."

"Thanks," Jay said from behind her with a piece of sausage she snagged between her teeth.

"When is the wedding going to be?" Marge asked when she hugged Jordan.

"Haven’t really talked about a date yet." Jordan confessed.

Marge pulled back and cupped Jordan’s face. "I’m so happy."

"We are too, Marge." Jay walked up behind the older woman and hugged her.

*********************************************

"How was the flight?" Mary asked after she hugged her friend. "Where’s Jay?"

"It was okay." Jordan offered with a smile. "She asked the flight attendant if she could see the cockpit."

"Are you kidding me?" Mary laughed.

"I wish I was. She now wants to have lessons and someday get her own plane." Jordan laughed along with her friend.

They turned and laughed harder when they saw Jay walk over to them.

"What’s so funny?" Jay questioned the two.

"Did you ask for that or did they just give it to you?" Mary pointed to the plastic pilot’s wings Jay had on her collar of her shirt.

"I asked for it of course." Jay grinned.

Jordan stepped over to Jay and draped her arm over her shoulder. "Can’t take her anywhere."

"Hey," Jay giggled and kissed Jordan on the cheek.

"Well, you two lets get your luggage and head out of here." Mary quickly hugged Jay before she led them to the baggage claim area.

As they walked Jay noticed that people stared and pointed at Jordan. "Honey?"

"Yes?" Jordan gazed over to Jay.

"Everybody is looking at you." Jay informed the tall brunette.

Jordan looked around her and shrugged her shoulders. "That’s what happens when you have a beautiful woman walking next to you. They are all thinking what a lucky person I am."

"Oh, knock it off." Jay slapped Jordan playfully.

"You do know that little slap will now be on every tabloid in the world saying that I’m in a abusive relationship." Jordan teased.

"What!?" Jay asked and quickly looked around for anyone with a camera.

"Jay, honey, I’m in the movie making business. Part of it is that I have to deal with people invading my privacy and taking pictures of me constantly. They will print anything and everything to sell a magazine. Only one percent of it will be true. The other ninety-nine percent of the time it will just be made up." Jordan guided Jay to where Mary was standing holding the elevator door.

"Come on you two, lets go." Mary yelled smiling at the people passing by her.

"All you can do is ignore it and let it slide off your back," Jordan gripped Jay’s hand.

Jay tightened her hand; "I’ll do my best."

*********************************************

"So how is Bob?" Jordan asked as she watched the people pass in front of them at the stoplight.

"He’s okay," Mary replied looking over at her friend.

The sun peaked through the clouds catching the diamond ring on Jordan’s finger. "Oh my God," Mary screamed.

"What?" Jordan sat up and looked around.

"I think you forgot to tell me something." Mary gestured towards Jordan’s hand.

Jay leaned forward smiling. "She’s my wife."

Mary quickly looked around to make sure that she could pull over without causing an accident. "You two got married and I wasn’t invited?"

"Do you honestly think I’d do something like that?" Jordan responded with a raised eyebrow.

"We haven’t had a ceremony yet, we just pledged our hearts to each other. We plan on doing the official act of joining in a few months." Jay informed Mary.

"Let me see," Mary wiggled her fingers at Jordan. "You’re lucky, other wise I would have had to really hurt you."

"You scare me so much," Jay laughed as she sat back.

"Watch it blondie," Mary giggled back. "This is beautiful. I’m so happy for you." She said and hugged her friend.

"Thanks Mary," Jordan smiled. "I was wondering if by chance you’d be my maid of honor?"

"Hmmm, let me think on it for a bit." Mary sat there and pretended to think with her finger tapping her chin.

Jordan sat back and crossed her arms over her chest and waited. "If you don’t want to I’m sure I could find someone else."

"No, you don’t have to. I’d be very happy to." Mary smiled slowly. "Wait until your mom and dad find out. They’re going to freak."

Jay jumped forward, "is that a good freak or a bad freak?"

"Trust me honey, it will be a very good freak." Mary pulled back into traffic. "It’s the brothers you have to worry about."

"Oh, shit," Jay gulped.

*********************************************

"Okay, Mom we’ll expect you and Dad sometime tomorrow. Love you, bye." Jordan hung up the phone. "Jay?"

When she didn’t receive an answer she started to look around.

"Hmm, I wonder where she went?" Jordan thought as she began her search.

Jordan walked into the kitchen and only saw her housekeeper. "Hello, Ellen."

"Hi, Ms. Martin. How was your vacation?" Ellen asked as she made dinner.

"It was the best," Jordan smiled as she walked closer. "Mmm, that smells great."

"I figured I’d make my rigatoni special," Ellen replied as she added more garlic to the red sauce.

"Perfect, I love that stuff." Jordan dipped her finger into the sauce for a taste. "Have you seen a little blonde running around?"

"Yes, she came in looking for something to drink. She was very pleased to see that her favorite soda was in the refrigerator." Ellen laughed. "She even did a little dance."

"Jay is a little obsessed with her cola." Jordan stated. "Which way did she go?"

Ellen pointed out the window. "She went out back. Saying that she’s never seen the ocean."

Jordan glanced out the window and spied Jay standing on the beach watching the waves roll over the sand. "Thanks."

*********************************************

"This is awesome." Jay mumbled as she watched a sailboat skim across the water.

"Like it out here?" Jordan asked as she wrapped her arms around Jay’s waist.

"It’s breath taking." Jay leaned back. "I never imagined it would look like this."

Jordan rested her chin on Jay’s head. "This is what sold me on this place. To be able to see one of the earth’s most magnificent beauties every time I stepped out of my back door."

Jay turned around and gazed into Jordan’s eyes. "You know, I’ve never done it on a beach before. Want to give it a try." She asked as her hands reached under Jordan’s shirt to caress a strong back.

Jordan captured Jay’s lips as she guided her to the ground. "You do know that we are going to have sand in some very uncomfortable places when we get done."

Jay’s hands found their way to the front of Jordan’s shirt. "Then I guess we’ll have to take a nice long hot shower afterwards."

"I like the way you think." Jordan lifted her arms so that Jay could take off her shirt.

"I love it when you don’t wear a bra." Jay smiled before she lifted her mouth to suck on an exposed nipple.

Jordan arched her back and threw her head back at the sensation on Jay’s mouth on her. "Ohhh, God."

They were so lost in what they were doing they never noticed the shadow from behind the tree or the sound of a camera clicking as picture after picture of a private moment between the two lovers was invaded.

*********************************************

"When will they be here?" Jay whispered from the soft shoulder she laid on.

Jordan ran a finger down Jay’s back. "My guess, before lunch."

"That’s only, four hours away." Jay sat up and looked at Jordan. "We have to get ready come on."

Jay jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom. Then she ran back out and stopped to look at Jordan who was still lying in bed. "Would you get up already."

"Like you just said we have four hours before they get here." Jordan leaned up on her elbow. "What is the matter?"

"I’m a little nervous about meeting your Mom and Dad. You are their baby and I don’t want them to think that I’m some sort of sponge sucking you dry of your money, or using you for the soul purpose of getting my big break." Jay dashed to the big walk-in closet. "I want them to know that I will be taking care of you, not the other way around."

Jordan got up and walked over to Jay as she was holding up a couple of shirts. She grabbed them and hung them up, then she pulled Jay out of the closet and made her sit on the bed. "I already told my parents all about you. They can’t wait to meet you."

"But…"Jay started, but a finger on her lips stopped her.

Jordan smiled, "no, buts. They know you are nothing like Elizabeth."

Jay took a deep breath. "I guess I’m going a little crazy."

Jordan raised her hand and spread her thumb and finger apart about an inch. "Just a little, but that’s okay."

"Want to take a shower with me?" Jay asked as she ran her finger up the inside of Jordan’s thigh.

"Now that sounds like a good way to spend a couple of hours." Jordan agreed as a shiver ran through her body.

Jay stood, "let’s go."

A knock on the door stopped their progress.

"Yes," Jordan coughed out.

"Ms. Martin, I think you need to come see something." Ellen said from the other side of the door.

"Wonder what’s going on?" Jay asked as she grabbed Jordan’s robe and handed it to her.

"Not a clue," Jordan replied as she covered herself up. "Don’t you think you better get something on?"

"Hold on," Jay mumbled and quickly found a pair of sweats and t-shirt.

Jordan waited until Jay was done before she opened the door. "Good morning, Ellen. What did you want me to see?"

Ellen handed her the morning paper. "I thought you’d want to see this as soon as I saw it."

"Oh, fuck," Jordan yelled. "How did they get these?"

"What?" Jay asked as she looked over Jordan’s shoulder. She snatched the paper out of Jordan’s hand. "Oh, my God. I’m going to kill someone." Jay fumed at the picture of her and Jordan making love yesterday on the beach.

"How did you get this?" Jordan asked Ellen.

"It was in the mail box this morning." Ellen informed her boss as she watched Jay stomp around.

"Thanks, Ellen," Jordan closed the door and walked to a very upset Jay.

"Honey," Jordan said softly. "I’m sorry about all this."

"Who did this?" Jay asked as she twisted the paper in her hands.

"Let me see the paper." Jordan held her hand out. "Usually the person who took the picture has his name under the picture."

Jay handed the wrinkled paper over to Jordan.

"The name under it says, Jacob Trainer." Jordan stated as she looked up to meet Jay’s smoldering green eyes. "He’s a well known asshole. He does what ever he can to get the pictures he wants."

"Well, when I get through with him he’s going to be real sorry." Jay announced coldly.

"Jay, there is nothing we can really do to stop him." Jordan hugged Jay. "If we just ignore him he’ll leave us alone."

"How long will it take for us to ignore him?" Jay mumbled from Jordan’s chest.

"I hope not very long." Jordan prayed. "Now I remember something about a shower."

"Oh, yes a shower," Jay licked the soft skin she exposed as she pulled open the robe.

*********************************************

"Good afternoon, Ellen," Cindi Martin said when the door was opened.

"Afternoon to you too, Mrs. Martin." Ellen replied as she opened the door all the way taking the luggage the older Martin woman had in her hand. "Where is Mr. Martin?"

"Oh, he had to make sure that no reporters were snooping around." Cindi Martin responded.

"He doesn’t have to do that ma’am. Jay has walked to the property at least five times this morning." Ellen guided Cindi into the living room. "If you want to have a seat I’ll tell Ms. Martin you are here."

"Where is my daughter?" Cindi asked as she sat on the couch.

"She’s up on the phone talking with Mrs. Houseman." Ellen grinned. "Apparently Mrs. Houseman is having a fit about the picture in the paper. She wants Ms. Martin to sue or something or other."

"I bet she does." Cindi laughed. "That woman is a bit bull when it comes to stuff like this."

"Hi, Mom," Jordan said as she walked in. "Where’s Dad?"

"Doing what a father does best." Cindi replied and stood up to give her daughter a hug.

"And what is that?" Jordan stepped back with a smile.

"Checking to make sure that nobody will be getting any more pictures of his baby in a compromising position." Cindi looked up into her daughters blue eyes and saw something she’s never seen before. "Peace."

*********************************************

Jay stood out on the beach searching for any kind of movement. "I’ll be damned if that freak is going to get any more shots of Jordan and me." She headed up but stopped suddenly when she saw a man walking towards her.

"Gotcha," Jay grinned as she hid behind a tree. She waited until the man was a step away from her before she jumped on his back. "You son of a bitch."

Joe Martin didn’t know what hit him. One minute he was walking along the next he was face first in the dirt. "What the hell is going on?"

Jay jumped up and kicked dirt into the guys face. "You had no right to take those pictures. That was a very private moment between the person I love and you are so lucky I promised her this morning not to kill you."

Joe tried to get up, but a foot in the middle of his back wouldn’t let him budge. "If you would let me up I could explain who I am."

"I’ don’t think so," Jay shook her head. "I let you stand and you’ll take off. The police are going to be called and I’m going to make sure that you spend some time in jail. This is private property and you are trespassing."

*********************************************

Jordan and Cindi jumped a little when Ellen came running in from the kitchen.

"You need to come quick. Jay has Mr. Martin pinned on the ground." Ellen informed the two women.

"What?" The two Martin women yelled at the same time.

"In the back. I saw them through the window." Ellen said as she followed them down the hall.

Jordan ran up to the window. "Oh, shit." She gasped before she headed for the door.

*********************************************

"I’m not trespassing, this is…" Joe didn’t get a chance to finish his sentence because Jay flipped him over and hit him.

"Bullshit," Jay yelled.

"Jay get up off my Dad," Jordan screamed as she ran closer.

"What!?" Jay turned to see Jordan. "This is the guy who took those pictures of us."

"No, that’s my dad," Jordan repeated.

"No way," Jay stepped back finally getting a good look at the man she just punched. She noticed the striking resemblance between Jordan and the bleeding man. "I’m in such big trouble."

"Dad are you okay?" Jordan asked as she bent down to wipe the blood away from his lip.

Joe nodded his head, "I’m okay. Just help me up."

Jay stepped over to help but Jordan gave her a look so she stepped back and lowered her head.

"Let’s get you to the house and cleaned up." Jordan suggested as she brushed off some dirt from her dad’s back.

Jay watched as Jordan and her dad walked away from her. "Damn it, I messed up big time. How could anyone forgive someone for beating up their father." She thought before she turned and walked back towards the beach.

*********************************************

 

"Honey, are you okay?" Cindi asked as her husband took a seat at the kitchen table.

"I’m fine, just going to be a little sore that’s all." Joe smiled. "That’s one hell of a girl you got there Jordan."

"I can’t believe she did that Dad. I’m sorry." Jordan walked over with the first aid kit that Ellen handed her.

"Nothing to be sorry about. She was just protecting someone she loved. I’m really impressed that such a small woman has a punch like that." Joe rubbed his jaw. "She stronger than she looks." He noticed a glimmer of light bounce off the ring on Jordan’s left ring finger. "What do we have here?"

"It’s all the work she does on the ranch." Jordan stated with a grin.

Cindi glanced around the room, "Jordan, where is Jay? Didn’t she follow you in?"

"I thought she was right behind me." Jordan responded as she noticed that Jay wasn’t anywhere to be seen.

"She’s sitting on the beach." Ellen informed them.

Jordan and her mom stood and looked out the window towards the beach.

"I better go talk to her." Jordan headed to the door. "She wanted to make a good impression so that you’d like her. I bet she’s beating herself up about this."

"Maybe I should be the one that goes," Joe suggested and stood. "Since I’m the one she beat up and all."

"That’s a good idea. Just wave or something if she’s being hard headed okay." Jordan kissed her father and moved out of the way.

*********************************************

 

Jay was so lost in thought that she didn’t hear Joe until he stood blocking her sun.

"I’m real sorry, sir. I thought you were some sleazy reporter trying to get some more pictures of Jordan." Jay stood up and wiped off the sand on her pants.

"You know, besides someone from her family nobody has stuck up for Jordan’s dignity. I want to let you know that there will be no hard feelings as long as you continue to protect her like you did today." Joe stated as he stared right into Jay’s eyes.

"You have my promise that I will until I die." Jay stared back.

"Good, now tell me is that an engagement ring I saw on my daughters finger?" Joe questioned seriously. "Because if it is you better be planning on having it real soon."

Jay gulped, "yes, sir. I asked her to be my wife and she said yes. The ceremony will be in a couple of months back at my ranch."

"Do you plan on taking care of her properly?" Joe continued on kind of enjoying the nervous stance Jay shifted into.

"Well, I’ll do the best that I can. By no means am I rich, but we do okay." Jay scratched the back of her neck. "I know that Jordan could have anyone she chooses, but for some reason she chose me and I will try my damnedest to make her the happiest person in the world."

"I just have one thing to say." Joe stepped closer to Jay. "Welcome to the family."

"You don’t hate me then?" Jay asked stunned that the man was so calm after what she had done.

"I could never hate anyone who would beat the crap out of someone to protect my daughters honor." Joe stuck out his hand. "Thank you."

Jay smiled and shook his hand. "No, reason to thank me, sir."

"Either call me Jo or dad, no more sir. Makes me feel old." Joe hooked his arm around Jay’s elbow. "Come on let’s go see what they are having for lunch."

"I think I heard Ellen saying something about ham sandwiches," Jay smiled with tears ready to fall, "Dad."

Joe stopped and looked at the tears that shone in Jay’s eyes. "I like that. I always did want another daughter.

"I always hoped to find someone who would let me call them dad. It’s something I’ve missed." Jay confessed.

"I am very honored to be that man." Joe hugged Jay.

*********************************************

 

"What’s going on?" Cindi asked as she tried to look over Jordan’s shoulder.

"They’re hugging." Jordan smiled as she moved out of the way.

"I wonder what they said to each other," Cindi asked as she wrapped her hand around Jordan’s.

"Knowing Dad it was just exactly what she needed to hear." Jordan offered with a knowing grin.

Cindi nodded her head in agreement. "She’s the one isn’t she?"

Jordan raised her hand and showed her Mom the engagement ring. "She asked me to marry her and I said yes."

"Oh my, I finally get to throw a wedding for my daughter." Cindi jumped up and down as she hugged Jordan.

"Mom we don’t want a big wedding. Just something small with family and a few close friends." Jordan hugged her mom back.

"What ever you want I don’t care." Cindi cupped Jordan’s face. "My baby is getting married and I’m so happy."

Jordan smiled as she received kiss after kiss from her mom. "Life is good."

*********************************************

To Be Continued In Part Five……….

Return to the Academy