Summary: This is the sequel to my story I Will Be. It's been two years since Xena has seen or heard from Gabrielle. Until one day she recieve's a letter from the Amazon Queen inviting her to the village for a festival. Will they be able to mend their broken relationship or has it been too long.

 

Disclaimer: Xena, Gabrielle, Argo, Eve and all the other characters from Xena, The Warrior Priness don't belong to me. I'm just borrowing them for this story. I will return them once it has been finished, sadly. Alexandria is my own character that I have borrowed from my story, In Need Of A Friend.

Violence: The violence in this story will be very mild, if any at all. There are many curse words though.

Subtext: Subtext is maintext in this fanfiction. There will be graphic scenes of two women making love, and having sex. Along with a lot of heartbreak. If this bothers you, then you might want to stop reading this now, or you can open your mind and continue.

If you are under the age of eighteen, or this type of story is illegal where you live, then close stop reading now. Close the page.

Author's Note: This story is the sequel to my story I Will Be. I hope you enjoy it!

Comments are very much appreciated.

If you wish to send them to me, my email is jacklavigne13@hotmail .com

Turning Tables

by

Mikaeli Hooper

 


Part One

Close enough to start a war

All that I have is on the floor

God only knows what we're fighting for

All that say, you always say more

I can't keep up with your turning tables

Under your thumb, I can't breath

So, I won't let you close enough to hurt me

No, I won't ask you, for you to just desert me

I can't give you what you think you gave me

It's time to say good bye to turning tables

 

It has been two years since I've last seen her. Two years since she lay on top of me in my bed, two years since I've touched her, tasted her, smelt her. I don't even remember what she smells like anymore. Can you imagine that? Not being able to remember what your soulmate smells like? To not be able to remember what it felt like to lay besides them? To hold their hand, kiss their lips, to be inside them? I can't even remember how any of it made me feel. I hardly even know what she looks like anymore.

All I remember is seeing the end in her emerald green eyes. The end of my life as I knew it and it was the end. Nothing was the same after she left, disspearing without a goodbye. I was swallowed by a darkness, a darkness that consumed me completely until I was only a shell of the woman that I used to be. I shut myself off so that I couldn't feel the mind numbing, heart crushing pain that she left me with. And now that I'm trying to remember, I can't.

I remember feeling hope when she left, hope that maybe she would return to me, to our daughter but she didn't. There were no visits, no letters and after a year of silence, I let go. I know it's hard to think of me, Xena, Warrior Princess, giving up but I had to. The pain that I felt was too much and I had to let her go, for both of our sakes. There were so many times that I packed my things and saddled Argo, ready to go and search for her but I always stopped myself. This is what she wanted. This is what Gabrielle wanted. I couldn't go barging back into her life, forcing her to live with me if that wasn't what she wanted. I loved her too much to do that to her. So, I let go.

And then a few weeks ago, I was sitting on my porch, Eve on my lap and a tall Amazon walked up the steps with a letter from her Queen. A letter from Gabrielle, asking to bring our daughter to an Amazon festival being held in her village. I didn't feel anything, not shock, happiness nor sadness. I felt nothing. I just told the the Amazon we would be there the night before the festival started.

And now here I am, sitting on top of Argo, making my way towards the Amazon village ruled by my ex lover. I glanced at our surroundings, looking through the trees for any hidden dangers and found none. Satisfied, I turned in my saddle to look at Eve, smiling as I saw her laughing at the butterfly flying over her head. She was almost three years old now, and by the Gods, she had grown. So much bigger than the baby that I could hold in my hands, she now stood up to my knee. Her long raven black hair flowed over her pale shoulders, framing her beautiful face and contrasting with her ocean blue eyes, indentical to mine.

My eyes wandered to the woman holding her: Alexandria. She sat on top of a beautiful black stallion, her tanned skin glowing in the bright sunlight. She held Eve in her strong arms, her muscles rippling as she pointed out things to entertain my daughter with. Her midnight blue eyes sparkled with laughter, full red lips open to reveal perfect white teeth. Dark red hair fell to just above her shoulders, surrounding a face of an angel. She was truly magnificent, more beautiful than Cleopatra or Helen of Troy. I had known Alexandria since I was a child growing up in Amphipolis. Our mothers had been close friends and we were brought up together. In our teenage years, we fell madly in love and I cherished her as much as I cherished my younger brother, Lyceus. And when Cortese came, she stood besides me and she fought and continued to fight beside me long after. She was my light in my darkest days and an angel to me. But eventually my darkness became too much, destroying all the light she had. I was never faithful to her and our fights were terrible, on more than one occasion they ended with me striking her and so she left me. I had truly never expected to see her again, and then she walked into my mothers tavern, just over a year ago.

Neither of us had expected anything to happen between us, especially me. I had no illusions to whom my heart belonged and when we had parted all those years ago, we had been at each others throats, threatening each other with death. But when she walked into the room after so many years, I realised how much I had truly missed her. She had been the one person in my dark past that had genuinely cared about me. And when we sat at the table in the furtherest corner of my mother's tavern, we discovered how much each other had changed and things progressed slowly from there. It started with visits to my home, then days we would spend together with Eve at the lake, until one night, she kissed me as we laid under the stars. And for the past year she has joined me in my bed and become a part of my life again.

All the feelings we had shared so long ago had come rushing back, and I could confidently say that I loved her. It would never be anything like I felt with Gabrielle, and I know nothing would be the same for her either but we worked well together and we were happy. She made me happy. And when I recieved the invitation from Gabrielle, she was actually excited to visit the Amazons. I had expected anger or jealousy but she took everything so well, understanding completely.

"Stop staring at me. Scan the forest, take in the beautiful sun, look at how gorgeous your daughter is. Just stop staring at me."

I threw my head back and laughed, a real, heartfelt laugh. She had always been able to make me laugh, even in the worst times.

"I'm sorry, honey," I grinned, my eyes twinkling. "I didn't realise it made you so uncomfortable."

"Me? Uncomfortable? I don't know the meaning of the word, let alone feel it," Alexandria replied with a smirk. "I actually expected you to be the uncomfortable one, considering we are only a candlemark away from the Amazon village, where your soulmate awaits your arrival."

"She is not awaiting my arrival," I drawled, turning back to face the road. "She is waiting for Eve."

"Ah, yes, Eve," the red head smiled, pulling the young girl tighter to her chest. "That I can understand. The Gods know how she kept away from this angel for so long."

"I don't know either," I said softly, trying to keep the hurt out of my voice and grimacing when it cracked.

I glanced out of the corner of my eye to find Alexandria gazing at me sympathetically. I watched as she ran her fingers through Eve's hair gently, humming a song that she used to sing to me to help me sleep without nightmares.

"You know that I don't expect to leave the Amazons with you by my side, Xena," Alexandria said, her voice barely above a whisper.

I turned towards her sharply, my eyes wide and my mouth hanging open. I snapped it shut, swallowing and narrowing my eyes slightly as I held her gaze.

"I expect to leave this village exactly the way I enter it, with you and Eve by my side."

Alexandria gave me a grin and a wink before cocking her head to the side as if listening to a whispered conversation.

"We just passed the Amazon borders," she smiled at me.

I turned towards the forest as several women dropped silently from the tree's, nodding at them as they stood before us. I recognised several of them immediately, watching in amusement as they glanced between my companion and I.

"Yes, we're on Amazon land now," I replied quietly.

And closer to Gabrielle than I have been for two years.

I could feel my heart start to beat faster as I followed the Amazon women deeper into the forest, Alexandria trailing silently behind me. This was going to be a long couple of days.

#

To Be Continued In Part 2

 

Author's Page

Return to the Academy