SSummary: This is the sequel to my story I Will Be. It's been two years since Xena has seen or heard from Gabrielle. Until one day she recieve's a letter from the Amazon Queen inviting her to the village for a festival. Will they be able to mend their broken relationship or has it been too long.

 

Disclaimer: See Part 1

Author's Note: This story is the sequel to my story I Will Be. I hope you enjoy it!

Comments are very much appreciated.

If you wish to send them to me, my email is jacklavigne13@hotmail .com

 

Turning Tables

by

Mikaeli Hooper

 


Chapter Three

 

I rode through the gates of the Amazon Village, my heart bursting with so many emotions that I hadn't felt in what feels like a lifetime. I could feel her the second we entered, her gaze hotter than the sun blazing above us, burning into my heated skin. I scanned the village, my eyes roaming over hundreds of faces until I saw her, standing in the doorway of the Queen's hut.

She was exactly how I remembered her, from what I could remember of her. Short blonde hair falling around her tanned face. Beautiful ocean green eyes gazing up at me, a small smile playing on her full lips. Her body was as strong as ever, hard muscles rippling with every step she took towards me. I couldn't tear my eyes away from her.

Soft laughter from behind me brought me out of my trance like state and I threw a cold glare over my shoulder to Alexandria who just smiled at me brilliantly. I watched as she threw her long tanned leg over her saddle before sliding off gracefully, holding Eve in her arms before I did the same. I watched the crowd part for their Queen who walked towards us regally, a completely fake smile plastered to her beautiful face.

In mere moments, she stood before me and her smile became more real with every second that passed. She looked at me from top to bottom before grinning and without a word she pulled me into her arms. Cautiously, I wrapped my arms around her waist, not expecting this display of affection. I could practically feel Alexandria's silent laughter as the embrace lasted longer than a friendly hug should.

Finally, Gabrielle pulled back, holding my arms as she looked up at me with a smile. "By the Gods, Xena, it's been so long."

"It has," I reply with a small smile as I look down at her, forgetting the world around us as I gazed into emerald eyes.

Shaking my head with a soft laugh, I gave the bard another smile before turning towards Alexandria and Eve, both of which were watching us curiously. I raised an eyebrow at my red headed lover who returned my look, her deep blue eyes sparkling with laughter.

"Gabrielle, this is my friend, Alexandria," I felt the bard tense at my words and I couldn't help the smirk that slid onto my lips. "And of course, you remember Eve."

"Of course I remember Evie," Gabrielle replied with a grin, walking towards Alexandria who held my daughter in her arms still. "Hey baby, do you remember me?"

Eve gazed at the small blonde curiously before looking up at Alexandria for an explaination on who the bard was. "This is Gabrielle, Eve. The Amazon Queen your mom tells you stories about, remember? The woman that talked a cyclops out of eating her for breakfast. You love her."

Eve smiled, resting her hand against Alexandria's smiling face before turning back towards Gabrielle and holding out her arms. I watched as my lover transfered my daughter into the bard's arms with a small smile.

"You're Mom's friend," Eve grinned, patting Gabrielle's cheek.

"Yeah, honey, I'm your mom's friend," Gabrielle replied with a smile before turning to Alexandria and extending her arm which the red headed woman took with a smile. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Alexandria. Welcome to the Amazon Nation."

"The pleasure's all mine, Queen Gabrielle," Alexandria replied with a grin.

"We've made up a room for you both, to share I assume?" Gabrielle said, the ever graceful host as she glanced between us.

I opened my mouth to speak but Alexandria spoke first.

"If you don't mind, could we have seperate rooms?" Alexandria asked to my suprise, her face emotionless.

Gabrielle looked towards me, her face as shocked as I'm sure mine was before nodding towards an Amazon standing close by. "Could you make up another room for our guest here?"

"Of course, my Queen," the Amazon replied before hurrying off.

I tried to catch Alexandria eyes but she skillfully avoided looking towards me, instead focusing on the toddler in Gabrielle's arms. What was this woman up to? Was she ashamed to be in a relationship with me or did she fear upsetting Gabrielle? I stood there in silence as two of the most important women in my life talked about my daughter.

Another Amazon came and spoke into Gabrielle's ear and I watched as the blonde carefully put Eve back in Alexandria's arms before turning towards me. "I've got some business I need to take care of. You know where the guest huts are, there are two ready for you now. Hopefully I'll be able to speak to you more later."

"Of course," I nodded with a smile.

"Brilliant," Gabrielle said before turning away without another word, making her way towards the council hut.

I turned towards Alexandria, my eyebrow raised but she continued to avert her eyes.

"Come on, you," I growled, causing her to look up at me finally with a small smirk. "We have seperate rooms awaiting us."

#

To Be Continued In Part 4

 

Author's Page

Return to the Academy